ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY -> anachronism. [hf]
click to rearrange
a bit quiet? join us on
discord!

endless diamond sky 
spotlights
BECCA

Becca is yet another member that has returned to us, and was sorely missed in her absence. As much a part of the family as though she'd been here from the very beginning. She's always welcoming, always kind and supportive, and most importantly ready to offer all the magical feels-breaking plots you could ever ask for. So don't forget to show her your love next time you see her!

MEMBER OF THE MONTH
PAIR OF THE MONTH

SKYLAR CASSIDY & WILLIAM CALIBUR

THREAD OF THE MONTH

MELT YOUR HEADACHE
NICCOLO THANASIS & COSMO BENNET

KATRINA HECTOR
charas of the month

MORTIMER WYNTER
welcome!
Welcome to ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY! We are an animation personified site set both in the animated world and present day San Francisco. A terrible darkness is spreading through the animated realm, driving everyone from their homes and into unknown territory that we know as reality. Now they find themselves at a crossroads: do they fight for their world or do they turn their back on it and make San Francisco their home? What will you choose?

setting 
san francisco, calif. 2018

___

please register
first middle last
in all lowercase!
AMANDA (admin)
SAM (admin)
FOREST (admin)
POND (mod)
ALLIE (mod)
staff
DISCLAIMER:
EDS is known to cause death by soul-crushing feels. Don't forget your feels bucket.

addreply
newthread
newpoll

anachronism. [hf], oy, kaito.
niels hrodric vukasin
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 06:30 PM

on a moonless night i did meet a devil.

sorcerer's apprentice
  animated original
  23 years old
  single af
  demisexual

allie ()
 41 POSTS

awards

feel [ the ghosts ] in my lungs

Your ghosts are real I feel them in my lungs Breathe them in and out, as I Breathe you in and out, I'm weaker than you know, fading just below Screaming out with concrete sounds, I'm losing all control

There were few things Niels could be tempted out of his usual routine for, though the young sorcerer didn’t keep to a typical schedule by comparison to other people. Rarely sleeping for more than a couple of hours and throwing himself either into his thesis research or his experiments, his part time job as a night clerk at a local niche museum taking up the remaining slots, it was difficult to find the pattern unless you knew what to look for. Often, when neither monster movies nor magic suited, his insomnia drove him out into the city far past when most of its inhabitants were asleep. Walking along the streets, he could occupy his mind with technicalities. Street signs and directions. Seven blocks this way, left turn, two blocks, right turn, five blocks. A diner on the right, a city park across the road on the left. Reverse to home. Same steps. Dull, dry facts about this subject or that to fill in the gaps. It kept his brain from focusing too much on the fears that plagued him. Helped remind him that the tapping noise he’d heard at the window had been nothing more than just an inconsequential noise. That the shadows that lurked in the corner were not seething, breathing, coming to life to consume him.

This world was not the one he’d come from. Niels knew that in an intellectual sense. Acknowledged it. Received a sort of cowardly relief from it. The monsters that plagued his world gained no footing here. For all he knew (and hoped) could not cross the portal that separated the two planes. That did not mean they did not haunt his sleep like a jealous crone in retribution for the escape he had made from them otherwise. The sorcerer went to great lengths to avoid them even there, pushing his body to limits of what it could endure through whatever means he could find. Mental stimuli, caffeine, physical exertion, whatever worked in a particular instance to keep the natural pendulum of the human body from swinging towards sleep. Though he had found a routine of sorts -- a balance of several things -- that worked best for him currently, he was not always successful at avoiding eventual collapse. He couldn’t always recognize the signs when they came, for one reason or another, and it would occur at the least opportune moment. More than once had he woken up only to found himself slumped against the stoop of his apartment building or curled up on the kitchen floor.

Were it not for his roommate, the list would likely much longer. A collection of even odder places to have slept than it currently stood. It was for the aforementioned roommate that Niels had set aside his usual habits as they currently made their way towards Haven Hill. An abundance of free food had been mentioned -- a feast -- and that had been an even bigger incentive to leave his bedroom-turned-at-home-laboratory than even Kaito’s company -- someone he actually liked more than he liked most people. Which was not a sterling accomplishment in and of itself as Niels rarely liked people in a general sense and they ever more rarely liked him in return. Though, in top form, the young man could be both personable and witty, he was much more often brusque and lacking in self-awareness. Given his aptness at refusing sleep for days on end, it was unsurprising that other healthy habits usually fell by the wayside in the process.

At least he had remembered to shower and, if his hair hadn’t seen a comb in a while, his fingers worked just as well at untangling the mop of dark curls where they fell across his face. He peered through them at his roommate as they walked side-by-side towards the building, dark eyes cutting a glance towards the entrance. From the way his brow wrinkled in thought, expression serious, one might assume the young man was preparing to embark on a weighty topic. When he spoke, however, it was quite different. ”What sort of food do you think will be available?” He pondered thoughtfully, before his lips turned into a frown. ”I hope there aren’t an abundance of carrots.” His lip curled in disgust as he faced forward again. ”I deplore carrots, even the smell of them. Yams, too.” He added the last quickly before his expression cleared of the childish snarl, his tone turning wistful. ”Do you think they’ll have coffee?”

kaito shin himura | lemme know if i need to change anything~
PM
^
kaito shin himura
 Posted: Apr 9 2018, 12:13 PM

if you must blink, do it now.

kubo
  kubo & the two strings
  24 years old
  single
  open minded
  HE/HIM
  amanda (SHE/HER)
 38 POSTS

awards

we are all strange

Haven Hill had done a lot for the tall young man who was headed back again now. Tracing the well-known path from his apartment to the housing complex he'd first settled in after crossing the portal, shamisen on his back as usual, his feet pounded the pavement. Soon enough he and the young man at his side would be arriving at the familiar gathering space of the extremely charitable organization of refugees. For someone who had taken care of himself - and his mother - for just about as long as he could remember, it had been strange to need to rely on strangers at first. Yet they'd opened their arms to him without question or hesitation. They'd housed him, fed him, and provided for him when he was unable to do so himself. 

Perhaps that was why he didn't mind having a roommate that had to rely on him from time to time. Whether it was tidying up the common areas or finding the boy slumped over, asleep on the front stairs and helping him inside, these things reminded Kaito of a simpler time in his life. Before his world had been turned upside down and he'd ended up here, needing help when previously he'd been the one to provide it. And, though he was happy to be able to live in the free apartment they offered, when the first opportunity arose to be independent, he took it. That didn't mean, however, he didn't want to stay away forever. 

And so here the both of them were, heading back to the familiar neighborhood for another instance of their generosity and kindness. A Harvest Feast, as they called it, and, as with most things they offered, they offered it without anything in return. Though he accepted the opportunity for free food, he acknowledged that it might be something he didn't like, or he hadn't tried before. Having survived most his young life on rice and fish alone, it wasn't anything new. But the boy knew better than to be picky when it came to food he didn't have to pay for. (Or any food, really, as his appetite was still that of a growing boy's, fitted into the body of a young man.) What was that phrase? Beggars can't be pickers or something like that. 

That was why he could only stifle a laugh when Niels wondered aloud the sort of food they'd offer. Though he'd been curious himself, he found he couldn't really imagine what might be waiting for them when they arrived. "You know what? I dunno. I don't think I've ever been to a feast," he paused, feigning some thoughtful reflection. "There might be carrots though, sorry to break it to you," he teased at his roommate's musings. A playfully sly glance found the curly-haired boy beside him as they walked beside one another. 

"But we'll get some caffeine in your system one way or another.” As easy as a guess that carrots (a staple of American dining, he had come to find) would be at an event like this, coffee was also very likely. If not, Kaito would find one way or another to keep his roommate awake. "Or else I'll end up having to drag you home myself." It was a joke - mostly - but the taller boy kept his eyes peeled for a coffee shop on the way over, just in case. They were a block or so away at this point, and he found himself praying for something caffeinated at the feast as much as Niels might be. 

notes
niels hrodric vukasin // if this feels disjointed, it started as a Long Post and switched to a Short Post and thats why <_<
PM
^
niels hrodric vukasin
 Posted: May 3 2018, 06:03 PM

on a moonless night i did meet a devil.

sorcerer's apprentice
  animated original
  23 years old
  single af
  demisexual

allie ()
 41 POSTS

awards

feel [ the ghosts ] in my lungs

Your ghosts are real I feel them in my lungs Breathe them in and out, as I Breathe you in and out, I'm weaker than you know, fading just below Screaming out with concrete sounds, I'm losing all control

It wasn’t exactly a secret that Niels had a pretty solid caffeine addiction. The cycle of sleeping very little yet needing to focus for long hours without disruption would have been far more vicious without it. At this point, his veins were likely filled with more coffee than blood and he was fine with that. He disliked the sugary, sometimes harsh energy drinks touted around as the alternative. Besides, they were usually more expensive and the gods knew he was strapped for funds enough as it was. It was a delicate balance between managing his myriad addictions — coffee, nicotine, books — alongside the necessities. There was often a dance towards the end of the month in scraping together enough for the rent. Often it involved returning books whose receipts hadn’t yet expired (which was perfectly legal, no matter what that shop girl thought of him) and going without something or the other for a week or so. He’d quickly learned what he could live without for such a span of time and what he couldn’t.

Cigarettes and food were usually what he deemed unimportant, but his addiction to coffee was strong enough to merit penny pinching. Free coffee was even better and the possibility of it raised his spirits as they approached the housing complex. It was enough that his nose-snarling reaction to carrots was forgotten about amidst visions of steaming hot black coffee, if only for a moment. His steps faltered a little at Kaito’s use of the word ‘we’, the teasing tone drew his eyes towards his roommate and then quickly away again as he recovered. The young sorcerer snorted, wondering at his own curious reaction. The brisk Autumn air masked the faint redness that bled into his cheeks as he ruffled his curls. It was a common enough thing for him to wake up to Kaito having rescued him from one awkward sleeping position or another but he hadn’t realized just how common it had become to have been accepted as a definite outcome. He wasn’t sure which was more unsettling: that he’d allowed it to happen so often or that there was someone around making sure he came to no harm.

This unsettledness agitated him. He was of half a mind to inform the other boy, a bit snottily, that he’d slept recently enough that shouldn’t be a concern. For once, however, he considered his words before he spoke and decided against them. He was happy enough otherwise at the prospect of food in his near future, he told himself, and not at all because he cared at all what his roommate thought or whether or not he’d be offended. Nor that he might possibly like being teased by someone who knew his faults. Nor that, for all it made him uncomfortable to look at directly, he wanted to keep Kaito’s playful expression right where it was. There were a lot more ‘nors’ than there were reasons as to why Niels intentionally kept his tone light and his words without edge when he spoke again. ”I’ll try not to eat so much,” he lifted a shoulder in a shrug, daring finally to glance over at the taller and smirking. ”Just in case you have to drag me anywhere.”

A rumbling erupted from his stomach just then as Haven Hill came into sight and the aroma in the air carried just a touch of cooking food. Niels inhaled it deeply and sighed with exaggerating. ”No promises, however,” he amended weakly

kaito shin himura | hooo buddy
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

topic options
addreply
fastreply
newthread
newpoll

static affiliates | status: open