Posted on: Sep 2 2016, 11:35 PM
Jasmine
❝ I am not a prize to be won! ❞
Aladdin
5'4
heterosexual
single

sammi

It was raining and she was... mystified. It rained in Agrabah, yes, but nothing like this. The sky roared overhead, and light sparked downwards attacking the Earth beneath it. She should be walking home, she should be running with the rest of the populace, but she couldn't stop watching it rain. She spent her entire life locked away in her palace, a palace in the desert. Even after the rain, the water did not stay long. The ground drank it up as if it was thirsting for years and years. But, here? It ran off as if it wasn't a precious commodity.

It ran down the streets and ran and ran and ran as if it had so many places to go. Where did water go? Where did it run off to? Her hair was plastered against her, and her clothes were soaked completely through, but Nadira didn't care. Water was so precious back home that the most basic of functions had to be carefully calculated. Here, it was everywhere. It was one thing to see the grand pacific ocean stretching out in front of her, but it was another to have the water raining down on her head. It was cool and refreshing. It was so different than the scorching heat she was used to. It seemed to cool the fire that was always burning just underneath her veins.

A child of the desert standing in the rain, how funny.

Nadira could feel the weird stares she was getting, just standing there with a hand outstretched watching as the silver rain poured down. A summer shower, they said. How queer. How long could this possibly last? She didn't know, but she was hesitant to go into shelter. What if it never rained again? It was so cleansing and pure here, what woul she do if she missed another sort of event like this? And so, she stood in the rain, just letting it pour down and soak her down to the bone.

tag: ralph & janey words: ### notes: presh child so mystified by the rain OuO
^
ralph daniel alcott
 Posted on: Sep 7 2016, 04:42 AM
ralph
❝ I don’t need a medal to tell me that I'm a good guy ❞
Wreck-it-Ralph
6'3
heterosexual
Dating

jane

I thought you were a hurricane
Turns out you were the summer rain
Rain. Ralph almost hated it. Sure, the land needed it to water the plants and fill up the rivers but for him, it made his life more difficult. The dewy condensation made the roads slick and for the hurried drivers of San Francisco, that really meant only one thing…wrecks. Where most people would drive with caution, due to limited visibility and high water, most San Franciscans chose to continue to blaze on through without so much as a by your leave to the weather. Which, he supposed in a fleeting way, was good for him—or rather his business. But he was never one to wish for someone else’s suffering. That had a stink of too much bad guy aroma. And Ralph was convinced that though programmed to be a villain…he was a lousy one at best. And while he would like to think that automatically put him into the category of a hero, it didn’t. No, it just meant that—yet again—he belonged nowhere. Not with the heroes (though he tried his best to be good, he eventually failed) and not with the villains. Just him. A guy doing his best.

He was on his way home after a full day’s work at the shop, though he had forwarded all his calls to his cell in case of an actual emergency—okay so the kid that worked the desk had forwarded the calls and he had watched from the sidelines baffled again by technology—and he had little desire to go anywhere in this weather. He had spent enough nights soaked from the rain when he lived among the garbage, thank you. Now he looked forward to taking shelter from the sudden deluge by changing out of his grubby clothes and mindlessly watching whatever game was on while lounging on his couch with a beer. He was a simple man, with few friends and even fewer plans, and absolutely nothing sounded better to him at this point.

Of course fate, as it often did, decided to change his plans. Curiously enough, just as he was turning to head away from his shop, something caught his eye. A young lady standing in the rain. She didn’t seem to be rushing to and fro like many of the others that were trapped in the downpour, in fact, she didn’t seem to be actively seeking shelter at all. No, she seemed to be enjoying the sudden shower in a way that no one else bothered to do. By simply, standing in the middle of it and allowing it to soak her to the skin. Almost like she had never seen rain before. And while standing in the rain and allowing it to wash the dirt of the world from your skin may have sounded poetic, Ralph knew from experience that the cold that accompanied getting your feet wet was not. So, with a long suffering sigh that only seemed to come when he was “hero-ing” he parked his truck and sloughed out into the rain. He hurried to the girl’s side, shoulders hunched as if by making himself a smaller target more drops would miss him, and asked gruffly, “Are you okay?” It came out a bit more accusatory than he had intended but he wasn’t angry (Vanellope always said he looked and sounded angry even when he was smiling) just puzzled. Here this young lady stood absorbing the rain like some sort of desert flower and Ralph wanted to know the reason why.

AIM
^
nadira eshe hajar
 Posted on: Jan 6 2018, 09:42 PM
Jasmine
❝ I am not a prize to be won! ❞
Aladdin
5'4
heterosexual
single

sammi

It rained in Agrabah. Of course it did, but it was just... nothing like this. The sky opened up in a silver offering to the Earth below. Currents of chilly water careened downwards towards the ground eager to seep and soak and stabilize. Rain was so rare in her desert home that this sudden, non-storm, rain was just so... so... awe inspiring to the young princess. Caramel eyes couldn't get enough of it. Goosebumps prickled at her skin, a sign that she needed to get out of it before she caught something, but she couldn't move. She wanted to hang onto this feeling.

Nadira knew this feeling. it was the wind on her face, and the air below her. It was a flower in her hair, and an apple rolled to her off of a trained elbow. It was endless diamond skies and a magic carpet ride. Bursts of fire and color above a dragon and pillars of marble and statues of Gods. And suddenly, the princess felt so, so, so very small. So very alone. That was gone. Those places were gone. Victims of the nameless Darkness that was eating the reality of her world. No magic carpets here, no street rats here to sweep her up into a fantasy of hopeful future. No dashing princes with honest eyes and goofy smiles. Just her. Just her and the fire that wouldn't let her give up. She was the Princess of Agrabah ---- no, in absence of her father, she was Sultana Jasmine of Agrabah. She would not give up. She would not give in to feelings of hopeless desolation. While she still drew breath, her kingdom drew hope. She still had hope.

Easy to say, but easier to admit that this was the first moment that she felt suitably cold as the water seeped into her very being, and it seemed into her soul as well. And ----

"What?" came her immediate response to the burly man who broke her out of her stupor. Which was probably a good thing as she was starting to shiver. "Oh.... Oh, yes, I am fine. I've just..." Caramel eyes shifted back up to the sky, brushing strands of black out of her face. "I've never seen rain like this. Where I come from, it's... it doesn't rain like this." She offered a shaky, shivery smile and pulled her arms close around herself. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to worry you. You can get out of the rain now. I'm sure it's uncomfortable to you."

tag: ralph daniel alcott words: ### notes: i changed it to not be storming instead just.... raining ouo HA HERE WE GO ONE Y EAR LATER WE GOT THIS
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
newtopic
newpoll