FROM THE LION KING

❝Maybe there's a darkness in me too.❞

20 YEARS
6'0"
BISEXUAL
SINGLE
TOBY

I thought I saw the devil, this morning
It had been entirely too long since he'd visited the animated world. He'd become complacent, in his mind; almost too comfortable in his human skin, and the realisation had sickened him. He was a lion... a proud beast, not the delicate, two-legged abomination the new world had made him and so- even when the portal spat him out into unfamiliar territory: he was pleased. He found himself surrounded by rubble, with crumbling towers and parapets all around and he frowned at the strangeness of it all. Of course, since the darkness fell he'd visited all sorts of odd places but this... it had such a human element to it that he'd had to quickly check himself over, relieved to see the dark fur and paws in place of skin and feet hidden in shoes.

For a while he'd explored, practising his agility by jumping up onto the uneven ledges and leaping off before they could crumble to nothing beneath his weight. There were no dangers to be seen and arrogance left him careless. Occasional glances about were as cautious as he got; otherwise snorting derisively at the thought that anything could possibly blindside him.

So when he saw a lioness lying there (after he'd wandered off a little ways, and turned back to the crumbling castle)- he was stunned. Even more so when familiarity began to set in.

Nala.

For a moment he stood there, unable to believe it and unsure as to how to continue. Should he announce himself, approach and ask about Kiara? Should he quietly make his escape before she noticed him, so as to avoid reliving the last moment they'd seen each other? His banishment... after he had been wrongly accused of her husbands brutal attack.

Overwhelmed with a growing sense of unease, he opted for the latter- turning and skulking behind a tower in order to begin his escape from the situation before it began.

PM
^
nyah jade adebowale
 Posted: Oct 16 2016, 03:26 AM

nala
FROM The Lion King

❝I thought you were very brave.❞

33 YEARS
5'5
Heterosexual
Married
jane

GHOSTS ARE HAUNTING ME
khari judas ward. 601. UM..HOPE IT’S OK.
Being on all fours again was something that Nyah cherished. It wasn’t that her circumstances magically changed whenever she crossed the bridge and found herself in her old body once more—her daughter was still walking among the stars, her pride was lost to her, and the closeness that she had with Simba was gone. She was alone. More alone than she had ever been. But the helplessness that she usually felt in the city, the desire to keep moving lest she crumble away into nothingness…was gone. Yes, sadness haunted her every step. The once proud shoulders now drooped and where she had once exuded confidence in every step she was now more cautious and unsure. But she had more control in this form. There was a trust in her own paws that never existed in San Francisco.

Perhaps that was why (along with the insane hope of finding a familiar face or hearing an answer from long-dead kings) she continued to visit the portal so often. The loud and fast world of the humans gave her a headache and despite the few joys she had found there, she preferred home all the same. The quiet stillness of the savannah was what she had been hoping for when she stepped through the arch and though she hadn’t gotten what she wished for (when had she ever?) she had at least gotten the quiet. The crumbling castle was closer to the human world than she had wanted but the walls were long absent of the touch of human hands. Ghosts or shadow beasts were more likely to haunt these halls than anything else and though she had been on high alert since seeing the castle come into view, the area was seemingly empty. There was a scent on the air that teased her nose but she couldn’t quite name it.

Outsider. Her mind provided for her. But it smelled more familiar than that. Not Zira, thank the stars, but someone else. Giving a half shrug of her shoulders, the lioness found herself a ledge that seemed sturdy enough and laid down upon it. The tension eased out of her shoulders as she settled into wait. If the scent she had followed was indeed one of Zira’s brood (she hoped it was Kovu as he was the more reasonable choice) they’d be back. She hadn’t been quiet in her short exploration of the castle and no doubt whoever it was would be along shortly. She could, she supposed, give chase to the scent but decided against it. If the Outsider wasn’t Kovu she would need to be ready to fight. And…to be honest Kovu himself might fight her as well. She’d not said a word in his defense when Simba passed judgement on him despite what her heart had believed. She had intended on it later, there really was no reasoning with Simba when he was like that, but good intentions aside…later had never come. And now…now Kiara was gone.

With a heart-felt lash of her tail she set her sadness aside. She couldn’t afford to be lost in thought. There would be no mercy to be found at this lion’s paws because of her loss. “You may as well come out.” She said tilting her head in the direction of the slight noise she’d heard, “I know you’re there.” She would greet whoever it was as she had been, a queen, and not as she was now the ghost of her former self. If she could just pretend for a few moments, she would be able to get out of here unscathed.

PMAIM
^
khari judas ward
 Posted: Dec 27 2016, 02:44 PM

KOVU
FROM THE LION KING

20 YEARS
6'0"
BISEXUAL
SINGLE
TOBY

Her voice rang out across the crumbling stone, and he froze, a silent snarl curling at the corner of his lip. Shoulders hunched, he considered his options. Irritation evident in a harsh flick of his tail, Kovu drew himself up to his full height and stalked back around and into the light. His body language was clearly uncomfortable but bordering on aggressive; his muscles tense, ears laced back against a budding mane and the tip of his tail twitching from side to side. Unable to meet Nala's gaze, green eyes flickered up to her face and away once more. A low growl threatened in his chest but he kept it at bay. Aside from Kiara, Nala was the only one of the pride who had shown him any kindness.

"I'm here. What now?"

Despite her past sweetness, Kovu was more than prepared for an attack. Since Simba's attack and the following banishment, his heart had become blacker by the day. Zira's training had begun to filter back in, every bad thing he'd ever heard about Simba and his ilk whispering through his dreams until he'd begun to believe them. Even Kiara, the love of his life- had begun to twist and turn in his mind into someone a little less pure.

"I'm not in the mood to fight you."

nyah jade adebowale
PM
^
nyah jade adebowale
 Posted: Jan 11 2017, 10:58 PM

nala
FROM The Lion King

33 YEARS
5'5
Heterosexual
Married
jane

GHOSTS ARE HAUNTING ME
khari judas ward. 469. UM..HOPE IT’S OK.
Kovu. Thank the stars. While it was true (and evident from his body language) that he had no reason to trust her, he had proven himself to be at least somewhat reasonable. Even kind. And her heart had seen good inside him—even though she hadn’t stood against Simba when his fate had been decided. How could she? There was no reasoning with her mate while he was in that state and even without the argument from Kiara, she had intended on speaking for him later. But as with most things, later never came. And as the saying went, the road to hell was paved with good intentions. She ought to know as her silence along with her husband’s over-protective paranoia had led her to hell itself and it had cost more than she could afford to lose. Kiara was—would always be her world. And now her world was gone.

“Kovu,” she said unable to keep the sadness out of her relieved tone, “I’m…I’m glad you’re all right.” It was the truth. Her husband’s verdict couldn’t erase what the young lion had meant to her daughter. Even without that, seeing a familiar face was a gift in itself. The darkness that had covered their lands had come without warning and discrimination. If Kovu had escaped, others might have too. Sarabi and the other lionesses could be safe too.

As for what happened now, that was entirely up to him. She meant him no harm—she never had despite what he may think—but his intentions were unknown. Despite her gut feeling about him, she didn’t know him. Not really. Their paths had gone separate ways since their parting and she found that she couldn’t hazard a guess as to what he might do. Still, his affirmation (of a sort) that he wasn’t going to fight with her (for now) set her more at ease. Perhaps she could mend a bridge that was burnt in the past. Or at least try. For Kiara’s sake…and because it was the right thing to do. “I don’t want to fight you either.” Their fight wasn’t with each other. It never had been. Where her husband had been wary and harsh—even before Kovu’s banishment, she had tried something else. Kindness. Kovu wasn’t Scar. Or his mother. He was just a cub. No different than her own daughter. Rougher around the edges, perhaps, but not all together bad. “Could we just…not fight? Talk maybe, instead?” A strange request perhaps but she was curious. She wanted to know what happened after she and her husband had left. And Kovu…he deserved to know about her daughter. Despite what she believed regarding her death, he still deserved to know. But would he speak with her? Trust her enough, despite it all? She could only hope so.

PMAIM
^
khari judas ward
 Posted: Feb 2 2017, 04:16 PM

KOVU
FROM THE LION KING

20 YEARS
6'0"
BISEXUAL
SINGLE
TOBY

Kovu knew his legacy: born in grief, raised in hate. The cries of outrage from those who drove him from Simba's lands had permanently drilled those words into his mind. Engraved them upon his soul. He was a creature of fire and ash, of destruction. Everything he touched would wither and die before his eyes. Yet here stood Simba's Queen, a woman of life and love and laughter. She had known a loving family, a doting group who would die for her. He knew nothing of the sort. He had been offered but a glimpse of her life, until her husband took it from him. Part of him wanted to hate her, to loathe her very image- yet even as the growl rose in his chest it subsided, dimmed to a look of discontent on his face as he sat down awkwardly, scowling at her across the rubble.

"Are you?"

His words were bitter, spoken with perhaps a bit more venom than was entirely necessary. Nala may not have spoken out against his banishment, but neither had she ever been cruel to him. Hers was not among the voices that cried out their approval when Simba passed judgement. Perhaps most importantly; she was Kiara's mother. All that Kiara was, was down to the lioness before him. He refused to believe that any good in his once love had come from Simba. So, out of respect for the memory of what he had with her daughter- Kovu attempted to speak in a more civil tone, though it still carried a rough edge.

"What's there to talk about? We're not a pride."

nyah jade adebowale
PM
^
nyah jade adebowale
 Posted: Feb 14 2017, 05:55 PM

nala
FROM The Lion King

33 YEARS
5'5
Heterosexual
Married
jane

GHOSTS ARE HAUNTING ME
khari judas ward. 744. She’s sorry, Kovu.
The bitterness of his response shouldn’t have surprised her nor should it have stung her heart as much as it did. While she knew that he had no reason to trust her, to want anything to do with her at all, she had never wished him harm. Not from the first moment she saw him. While it was true, his mother and many of her lionesses had wished her and her family harm, she felt that the young lion before her ought to be given a chance to choose his own path. It wasn’t in her to judge him for the sins of his father—or his mother. Was she bitter against the pain that Scar had caused? Of course. But that had little to do with Kovu. And seeing him look at her daughter the way that he had despite the short amount of time that he had spent with her had softened her heart even further. Whatever it was that Zira had intended for him and whatever her mate thought he had done, in her eyes, Kovu was innocent. And prior to his banishment, she had been certain that her actions had spoken for him in such a manner. And maybe they had. Only to be blotted out by refusing to follow her heart and defy the king by siding against him and defending her belief in the cubs. But she hadn’t. Instead she sought time. And it was a mistake that she would have to pay for with the rest of her life. “I am. I never wished you harm, Kovu. And for what little it’s worth now, Simba was wrong, and I knew that but said nothing when I had the chance. And for that I am sorry.”

The apology and admittance of her mistake did little good to him now. And unlike she would have hoped, it did little to ease the guilt she carried over her actions. Still, they were words that she had felt needed to be said. “There is no pride anymore, Kovu. All of us are scattered to the winds—left to wander alone and more still may walk amongst the stars.” Tears swam before her eyes, causing his scowling image to blur, “Despite what you must think of me, there are things you deserve to know.” Mending bridges took time and effort. Things that she was willing to put in to Kovu. He deserved much more than he had been given. Laughter and warmth. Forgiveness and family. All things that for however briefly, had been given to him by her daughter. Kiara had always loved openly. Fearlessly. She was her father’s daughter. And despite how much knowing her fate would hurt the bitter young lion before her, it was better than not knowing at all. “Kiara’s gone.” Her voice faltered and broke but she made herself continue, “She left home immediately after your sentence. She loved you and was prepared to follow you into exile. We followed her and there was an argument, the gorge crumbled and she fell in. We found no sign of her.” No body. No paw prints…nothing. Her daughter had vanished like the stars after the sun’s rising.

And though her heart wished to believe that they were wrong, that somehow her daughter had made it out alive. That by some miracle she had found Kovu an the other lionesses and was fine, nearby in fact, and had been looking for her parents but that was a fantasy. An impossible dream of someone who had lost everything. All prior illusions of strength were gone. Where moments before a Queen had sat before him—now there was just the mother who carried the weight of her daughter’s death on her shoulders. Who was estranged from everything and everyone that she knew. Aside from her husband, who despite being with her every day remained a stranger to her, Kovu’s was the first face she had seen and recognized since the darkness fell. That had to mean something didn’t it? While neither of them had been stanch enemies or friends, as the saying went, better the devil you knew than the one you didn’t. And grief had a way of tying together unlikely allies. Whatever the case was, whatever the young lion decided to do with the information that she’d shared with him, if he allowed it, she’d be there for him. Pride or not, no one deserved to bear such news alone.

PMAIM
^
khari judas ward
 Posted: Apr 9 2017, 03:10 PM

KOVU
FROM THE LION KING

20 YEARS
6'0"
BISEXUAL
SINGLE
TOBY

Her words were like saccharine poison and he scoffed, refusing to believe her. Why should he? She and her ilk had brought him nothing but pain that day. Certainly, she had not spat at him, had not called out in hatred as he ran from Pride Rock, from Kiara… but again, she had not defended him either. Try as he might not to tar her with the same brush as Simba he could not help but remember his mothers stories. Of the false King and his concubine, the one who deserted the ranks of the true King Scar, and brought back the usurper. Stories told time and time again until they rang like truths in his young mind. Even now, he could recall every word. How she brought famine, fire and flood upon her heels as she returned with Simba. It was difficult, in these dark days to recall anything but the stories and words of his mother. Kiara's light could not break through, not here.

Kiara

“...amongst the stars...”

“...things you deserve to know...”

“...Kiara's gone.”

Throughout her speech, his attention had wandered. Flitting back and forth between her soft words and the harsher voice of his mother through memory. It was only then, when Kiara's name fell so sorrowful from her lips that he snapped to attention, eyes wide as he sprang to his feet. “No.” His voice came out a growl, determined, vehemently refusing to believe what he had heard. “No.” Kiara couldn't be dead, shouldn't be dead. With those two words, Kovu's world came crashing down around him. The walls he had constructed, the steadfast determination to forget Kiara and the love they had shared crumbled and fell and he was left bare, vulnerable. It was his fault, it was his fault, she had followed him and-

No.

It was Simba's fault.

A scream of anger and agony tore through him and echoed around them, punctuated by the sound of crashing rocks all around them. Panting, gasping for breath his entire body shook with the rage he could hardly contain. Kiara was dead and it was Simba's fault. Simba, who had taken so much from his family. Simba, who had now taken Kiara, his own daughter- in a bid to make him suffer. His emotions overwhelmed him, unable to discern between paranoia and the obvious truths of the situation and he turned a hateful gaze upon Nala, unaware of the tears that threatened to spill.

“It's his fault. He did this. He killed her!”

What an emotional child nyah jade adebowale
PM
^
nyah jade adebowale
 Posted: May 13 2017, 10:31 AM

nala
FROM The Lion King

33 YEARS
5'5
Heterosexual
Married
jane

GHOSTS ARE HAUNTING ME
khari judas ward. 673. She’s sorry, Kovu.
Nyah had known as soon as the words has left her mouth where this would go. Where else could his mind have taken him? There was no other path, no gentler way of breaking the news that would save her from implicating her mate. True, she held blame herself, but it wasn’t she who refused to listen. It wasn’t she that ordered Kovu’s banishment. She wished she could cast the blame elsewhere, mend the gaping hole that now stood between her and Tau, just to have someone to share this pain with—but there wasn’t. And now…now the young lion before her was embittered as well. More so than he had already been, and unlike the lies his mother had fed him, this was true. And the truth hurt worse than the lies.

She knew the pain, anger, and heart-wrenching agony that coursed through his veins now. Knew the sound that tore from his throat. As they had come from her own first. When she had seen her daughter swept away. When there had been nothing left of her. Nothing to confirm or bring her a measure of peace—if there were any peace to be had after something like this. After her own heart had drowned right beside her daughter’s. At least Kovu would be spared that. He wouldn’t have to relive the scene each night. Hear the last cry of Kiara or race to the gorge in a futile hope that she could be saved. That somehow she could be out there. No. Though it tore at her heart to have to tell him, at least he knew. No months of hoping and praying only to be disappointed. No need of a false façade of a marriage that was nothing more than a chain around her, dragging her down into darkness and despair…

“We both killed her.” She said her voice hollow and broken. She needed him to believe it. Otherwise that hate that she saw burning in his eyes would destroy Tau. And she couldn’t—she wouldn’t let that happen. She wouldn’t raise a claw to Kovu, for Kiara’s sake, but she wouldn’t standby and let a massacre happen. If there were any of her pride left, they needed stability. And despite what her feelings were (or weren’t) towards him…he was the king. And the rightful one. It was her duty to protect him. “We should have listened…and the cost…the cost of not doing so will haunt us all.”

What did she do now? She didn’t know Kovu. Any words of comfort felt hollow. How could she tell him it would be all right when it wouldn’t? Nothing would be all right, ever again. Kiara was gone. And with her so much light and happiness. What would have happened had they heard out Kovu? Had they laid down the hurt and sins of the past to just…hear them? That path of forgiveness was gone. She doubted Kovu would want anything to do with her. That her kindnesses, now too lately given, would only be spat back in her face. But a soft voice—that sounded like her daughter’s—said try. And so she would. “Kovu, I know these words are too lately given…that your heart is shattered but I am sorry.” She paused, noting the shining tears behind the hate in his eyes, “I wish I could change it, every day, but I can’t. I can’t change that she’s gone…but I can change how I am towards you. If you need anything…I-I will try to help you if I can.” It wasn’t the best way of saying what she meant and in fact left her feeling awkward and unsure. But it was spoken from her heart or what little remained of it. That had to count for something, didn’t it? As it was, she hadn’t been comforting in a long while. And Kovu…hadn’t known much comfort either aside from his time with her daughter. But she had—and would continue to try. And maybe…maybe in time it would help them both.

PMAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

static affiliates: now accepting