❝I saw it. I saw the sun.❞

21 YEARS
5'10"
pansexual
single
sam

i saw sunlight

it burned your name
It's not like he can just look around and tell where he is. He counts on the familiar to find his way around, on the guidance of Apollo. San Francisco as large and frenzied as it was, is as familiar to him now as the surface of his planet had once been. He knew the streets, the alleyways. He could find his way from one place to another with the ease of practice and memory. Only using the wind to help him avoid unforeseen obstacles like passing pedestrians and whatever else might have been put on the path in front of him. He knows how to find his way in the city, but it's not the same as knowing where you are. He has to be always paying attention, always on guard. There's no looking up at a road sign to get his bearings. If he spaces out he's likely to wander for days before he reaches someplace familiar or finds himself back at home. Honestly half the reason he spend so little time in the Haven Hill apartment when he'd had it was because he'd get lost, winding through the city for days even weeks at a time. Even Apollo could only do so much. As intelligent and well trained as he was he was still only a dog. A guide, yes, but not in the literal sense of the word. Though he knew 'Home' and 'Park' well enough that sometimes it didn't really matter. Cyrus simply had to say the word and they'd be on their way, following some scent or internal compass he didn't understand.

The point is, if he could see, he probably would have seen where he was and recognized that this was a bad idea. He might have noticed that the voice calling his name, was leading him a place he didn't- shouldn't go. His portal crossings were rare and spaced out for a reason. It wasn't that he didn't like the other world, or wished to forget his origins. On the contrary, his pride would never let him forget. He would rather burn his eyes out a thousand times over, scrape his entire soul across space, then forget who and what he'd been. It was more that while San Francisco was manageable, the other side of the portal was wild and unpredictable. He had no idea where he was half the time, no clue how to find his way around. Sometimes he'd cross with Apollo but he hated risking his best friend's life in a world where monsters lurked in shadows he couldn't even see. He should have known, but he didn't, and the end result was that he couldn't remember.

Couldn't remember what the voice had been trying to tell him that sounded so interesting, so vitally important. Couldn't remember where he'd been or how far he'd had to walk to get here. He couldn't even recall if or when he'd told Apollo to stay, only that when that sensation of crossing ( that sudden emptiness that made his eyelids drop instinctively to hid the holes ) came over him he was alone.

"Shit." Was all he could manage as his hands scrambled in his pockets to find the bandanna he'd taken to carrying around with him. The movement was instinctive, it was the first thing he did whenever he crossed. Take the bandanna out, fold, and then tie around his face.

"Fucking hell kid, cover those damn things up will you."

"Shame, Sayer's eyes were a goddamn gift...

He didn't realize the temperature until his fingers struggled to tie the knot. It was kind of ironic really, temperature was usually the first thing he realized about a room. Especially when it sucks every ounce of heat out of his body, to the point where he wonders if the sound he hears in his head is his marrow freezing in his bones. Yet the memories hold it back for a moment, and it's only when the voices of his host's crew fade away, that the cold sets in. "You've really gone and fucking done it this time." Around him there is wind, but he's so cold he can barely grasp at it. There's snow landing on him, and it only makes him sink. He's not unfamiliar with cold and ice, he had it even as close to the sun as he'd been, but-

Never like this, San Francisco never got this cold, and his short stint as a human hadn't involved visiting any hostile frozen environments. Somewhere, a mental voice tells him to turn around, to find the portal, but he needs to just- he sinks into the snow, his internal temperature so low his breathe doesn't even show in the air. "Fuck this place."

maia leto hadyn | u said u wanted thing >.>

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
maia leto hadyn
 Posted: Feb 22 2017, 12:05 AM

star spirit
FROM animated original

❝she would not show that she was afraid.❞

22 YEARS
5'3
pansexual
single
allie

breathe in, breath out
don't shiver, don't give up

Insomnia was something Maia was familiar with. Oftentimes, she could be found sitting up at night gazing out her window or distracting herself with something or other until she drifted off to sleep without really realizing it. It wasn't so much that she couldn't sleep but that the prospect of facing another nightmare made her too anxious to rest well. It happened so often that she had grown quite used to operating on little to no sleep with a functionality she, at least, considered almost normal. Sleepwalking, on the other hand, was not something she had much experience with. To her knowledge, she had never had an issue with it.

Given that she lived alone in San Francisco, there wasn't really anyway she could be certain. Yet, it appeared that was exactly what she had done to end up in her current situation. It was such an odd thing to wake up ankle deep in snow, her last waking memory being of her rotating night light casting silhouettes of stars across her walls. A foggy memory tickled at the back of her mind; a voice calling to her like a song, urging her towards....something. Somehow she had managed it across the city and through the arch without waking. At least her sleeping self had bothered to put on shoes but the flimsy canvas covering her feet were hardly weather-proof, becoming thoroughly soaked within minutes of being in the snow.

The heavy curtain of white was blinding even as the snowflakes that pelted her exposed skin melted before they could gather. It wasn't that she minded the snow or even really noticed the cold as it hardly affected her, but her sodden flannel pajamas and dripping hair were decidedly uncomfortably as she trudged forward. It was nearly impossible to find her bearings in the storm, the hope of reaching the portal before it closed again dissipating with every second that she trudged through snowbanks. Though she didn't fear the cold, she most definitely did not want to spend however long it took the portal to reopen wet and miserable. She'd yet to experience human sickness, perhaps she might after this.

Grumpy and uncomfortable, she pushed a clump of damp blonde hair away from her face and sniffed loudly her disapproval. There was a break in the window then and her eyes caught sight of a dark form through the snow. Her breath caught as she froze, sinking further into the bank she had been climbing through. In all her grousing, she had forgotten that there were worse things in this world to worry about than a little wet. When the shape didn't move or make an advances, she warily moved towards it. She was nearly upon it when she realized it was not only a person but one she recognized.

"Cyrus!" Startled, she called out. Maia pushed too quickly through the now calf-deep snow and stumbled, falling to her knees as powder-soft flakes kicked up all around her. Heat rose up through her skin in answer to her panic, worry gripping her as she crawled the last few inches to his side. In her fear, she forgot to be cautious of her heat and reaching out a hand she found his shoulder, eyes darting to the cloth across his face. Her voice was barely a whisper as she repeated his name, suddenly uncertain. "Cyrus?"

cyrus mercutio helios

BY MITZI

PM
^
cyrus mercutio helios
 Posted: Mar 3 2017, 02:15 PM

spirit of mercury
FROM animated original

21 YEARS
5'10"
pansexual
single
sam

i saw sunlight

it burned your name
It had never really occurred to him that he could die until he'd been forced to leave his original body. As the planet closest to the sun and arguably the one with the least defenses he'd faced daily bombardment by the space around him. Meteors and comets, his own mother's solar flares, they all bombarded his surface. Scarring him much as he imagined the boy whose body he know inhabited had once been scarred. His own skin as marked in places as the rocky surface of his home. Surviving in that environment had become almost easy, and in some ways he came to realize he'd taken it for granted. How ironic that he'd come to view getting scorched and pummeled as easy. Then the darkness came and everything was turned over on its head. For the first time he'd looked out into that wall of nothing, the scattered remains of his siblings around him, and thought. This is Death. This is what it's like to end. Only he'd survived that, survived getting his own eyes burned out, survived...so much. It was hard to think of the possibility that he'd met his match somehow. He's not sure that he'll die out here buried in the snow, but it certainly feels like it. If he didn't know any better, he'd almost say he was dead already. There was no word for the overwhelming cold that he felt in that moment.

This was a mistake, but not one he remembered making. He hadn't wanted to cross the portal today, and yet here he was. The weight of the snow was making him slouch forward, curling into himself for all the good it did. Even with his arms wrapped tightly around his own body there was nothing. Thinking felt like someone trying to jog through a river of glue. Every thought dragging itself weakly to the forefront, and making him doubt if it was even worth the effort. Especially since it didn't seem like his brain was coming up with any helpful ideas. Nothing but existential crisis and hallucinations of voices that shouldn't-

Maia?

His head would have snapped up at the sound if he could. Instead he forced himself to ignore it, and the sluggish flutter it caused in his chest. It wasn't her. It couldn't be her. It was all in his head, just wishful thinking. He even tried to toss up the sound of someone collapsing into the snow in front of him as more of the same. Something that was in his head. Something he should probably question, because on some level it felt entirely natural to hear her voice when he was on the brink of dying. Even if they'd barely met more than once or twice, it seemed fitting that he'd want her here, because she was-

Warm. So Warm. The heat was like getting a jolt through his system. Her hand was on his shoulder and it was the most wonderful feeling in the world. He forgot, and he leaned into that touch, because the part of his mind that would scream at him to keep her away wasn't quite unfrozen yet. "Maia..." It was almost a sigh, exhaled through cracked lips. She really was here, and so warm. He could feel his mind growing less clouded, and he actually had to suck in a breath because his lungs hadn't been working quite right for the past few seconds. It was like he was coming to life again, and his hands flexed stiffly in his lap. All around him there was still cold, but it didn't seem to matter anymore, not really.

"Don't..." His own voice surprised him, it shook with the cold. "I-I-I'm to-too co-co-cold." He bit down on his bottom lip, trying to ignore how quickly his body was grasping for that heat. "I'll hurt you. L-Let go."

maia leto hadyn | /screams softly but with feeling

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
maia leto hadyn
 Posted: Apr 19 2017, 12:01 AM

star spirit
FROM animated original

❝she would not show that she was afraid.❞

22 YEARS
5'3
pansexual
single
allie

breathe in, breath out
don't shiver, don't give up

The wind howled in her ears but it was nothing compared to the rising panic she felt clutching at her chest. Logically she knew that this sort of weather was difficult for most anyone to survive for long; even through the shield of her own heat, she could still make out the bitter chill of it. Worry creased her brow as she ran her eyes over Cyrus’ face, far too pale for her own comfort. How long had he been out in this? The question wrapped around her heart like barbed wire, loosening only a little when he spoke. Something like relief washed over her. If he was conscious enough to recognize her voice, she thought, he would be okay. He would, wouldn’t he? Maia cast her eyes and their surroundings, so impossibly white, snow and ice covering the dense foliage all around them. Silently, she kicked herself for being so useless. So much time had been spent trying to learn little, stupid details she thought would help her fit in better among humans. None of it could help her in this situation. Somewhere in the back of her mind she knew it was ridiculous to scold herself for not anticipating getting caught in a blizzard but it was a stark reminder that she wasn’t, would never be, like others.

There was something she could do, she remembered as a snow hit her face and steamed. Eyes wide, she turned her attention back on Cyrus in time to see his hands move, his fingers curls, and reached to take them in her own. It was so natural a movement, almost a reflex, that she nearly forgot about her heat. It could burn if she wasn’t careful but her resolve tempered her panic and she pressed his hands between her own cautiously. His skin was so cold against hers, she trapped a gasp between pursed lips. The coil around her heart twisted tighter as she rubbed them between her palms from a moment. Perhaps it was more the hope that she was helping that encouraged it, or perhaps it was the simple fact that he was so cold to the touch already, but she would have sworn then that the heat of her own body was being pulled from her. Tucking wet hair behind her ear, Maia had to lean close to hear him as he spoke, her breath catching at the cold that laced the words.

”Hurt me?” Warmth blossomed in her chest at his concern though she felt her eyebrows rose a fraction in surprise. Her own fears echoed back at her and she had to grit her teeth to hold her emotions in check. The direness of the situation left no room for her to break down now. She loosed a heavy breath, lips curling into a tight smile that likely would have been less than comforting if could see it. ”Don’t be silly,” she commanded, though whether it was for her sake or his she wasn’t sure. The blizzard around them showed no signs of stopping, snow continuing to fall and coat the world in white. Quite of its own accord, she would swear, one of her hands freed itself to reach up and brush the fine powder from his hair before the backs of her fingers across his cheek. A hiss whistled through her teeth at the contact. ”You’re practically an icicle!” The words escaped her before she thought better of them. The panic began again with a renewed force. Think, Maia, think. ”Cyrus, do you think you can you stand?” She blurted, her breath creating a cloud of moisture between them. ”I think, maybe, if we can get you moving it -- it might be better…?”

cyrus mercutio helios (ooc: *cries a lil tbh* )

BY MITZI
PM
^
cyrus mercutio helios
 Posted: May 11 2017, 09:22 PM

spirit of mercury
FROM animated original

21 YEARS
5'10"
pansexual
single
sam

i saw sunlight

it burned your name
He's never missed the sun more then he did in this moment. What he wouldn't give to turn his face up towards the sky and feel golden light burn against his skin. How much would he be willing to pay just to trade a moment of the biting icy winds for the scalding whip of a solar flare. He'd spent so many of his first nights as a human dreaming of the body he'd left behind. The solid strength of a planet had never felt so far away with all his heat sucked out of him. It wasn't even like he hadn't known cold...even that close to the sun there'd been ice. Patches of it at his poles where the sun never touched, abandoned there by some long forgotten comet. Yet here he was sinking beneath the snow that piled on his shoulders heavier and heavier, threatening to become his tomb. Was he going to die here? The question kept reverberating through his skull in waves. Bouncing back and forth as he tried to force his brain to wake up, for any part of him to wake up. Maia was here, but did that make things worse or better? Was he even sure it was really her? He could feel his body grasping hungrily for that heat, but it could just all be an illusion. Some last ditch effort by his own death to grasp at something good. His mind doing its best to take him out of this icy hell hole. Yet the longer the warmth sank into his system the clearer his mind seemed to get. Clear enough to want to pull away. No matter how good it felt or how desperate he was not to ever feel cold again. He couldn't just risk this.

Any other day he would have taken his hands back from her like he'd been stung. He didn't have the strength for that now. Instead all he could manage was to curl his fingers around hers in pressure so light it was hardly there. Heat. His body demanded heat, sucked it up like a vacuum. That rush of it made him breathless, left him gasping so harshly that he could feel ice in his throat. Dizzying in its strength.

This was wrong.

Brows creased above the cloth around his eyes, lips curving downwards in a frown. Concern written in every frozen inch of him. No. He can't, he can't let her get so close. No matter how good the warmth felt, and how he could actually feel his fingers again- his arms. "I-It's true-" He insisted, and then he felt her fingers brush the side of his face, and this time he did have enough strength in him to flinch back. An icicle. He'd laugh if he had it in him to make any more then a huff.

"Maia-I'm s-serious-" He wished he could look at her, could see her. Wished he could express the desperation, the fear that he felt with his eyes. As a planet he might not have comprehended the concept of expressions, but he had the memories of the other. Could see the looks of people he'd met in his life; sadness, joy, and a million other emotions reflected so easily. Denied to him in this world without the magic of the portal to give him back his eyes at least. Useless...but there. "L-Listen- I-I-" He has to swallow and now his hands pull away from her. Tucking into his chest. "I think I can- I think I can walk...but you can't touch me." His head shook, and he could feel all that warmth fading now that the contact was gone. There was nothing to hold it inside of him, it evaporated to make room for the cold again as though it had never been there.

"I c-c-can't ma-make heat. I t-take it. I take a-all of it." His teeth are chattering, it makes his skull feel like it's rattling his brain around. Lips blue and fingers curling back into his palm like that'll somehow save them from the cold. "I-I hurt people-" He could remember other times, other disasters. Moments when he'd touched someone without knowing or understanding. When he'd felt so cold, and they'd been so warm and it hadn't felt wrong to just...hold on. How quickly he'd drained the heat from their body, how fast they'd started shivering like he was doing now. He couldn't do that to her, he couldn't hurt her. Even if she was the warmest person he'd ever met. "I do-don't wa-want to hurt you."

maia leto hadyn | /screams softly but with feeling

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

static affiliates: now accepting