ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY -> hello darkness
click to rearrange
a bit quiet? join us on
discord!

endless diamond sky 
spotlights
WENDY

A lover of AUs and a master of causing the feels, Wendy is always at the ready to offer love and support to her fellow members. Her posts are lovingly constructed, detailed, and every character speaks in their own voice; from the lovable Cadi to the villainous Cala. EDS wouldn't be the same without her, so go show her some love!

MEMBER OF THE MONTH
PAIR OF THE MONTH

ZELDA NOAKES & TERENCE HALLOWS

THREAD OF THE MONTH

LITTLE SHOP 'O HADES
NICCOLÒ THANASIS & PERSIE ANTHOS

NIAMH ROSS
charas of the month

MARTINE ANKER
welcome!
Welcome to ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY! We are an animation personified site set both in the animated world and present day San Francisco. A terrible darkness is spreading through the animated realm, driving everyone from their homes and into unknown territory that we know as reality. Now they find themselves at a crossroads: do they fight for their world or do they turn their back on it and make San Francisco their home? What will you choose?

setting 
san francisco, calif. 2018

___

please register
first middle last
in all lowercase!
AMANDA (admin)
SAM (admin)
FOREST (admin)
POND (mod)
ALLIE (mod)
staff
DISCLAIMER:
EDS is known to cause death by soul-crushing feels. Don't forget your feels bucket.

addreply
newthread
newpoll

hello darkness, open (past animated)
adrain gau queran
 Posted: Sep 3 2017, 11:10 PM

https://clyp.it/yiizgjjl.

Darkness
  THE UNIVERSE
  22 years old
  Lonely
  Clueless
  he/him/his
  Megan (she/her)
 87 POSTS

awards

it feels better biting down
Open
432t
ooc notes
Memories had started to fade, something that he didn’t want to happen. He wanted to hold on to his memories, it was all he had left of his siblings for the time being, until he had found them again. Adrain sighed some as he grabbed a bag and tossed some items in it that he would need just in case, once he had that done he zipped the bag up and put on one of his black hooded jackets, pulling the hood up before zipping it up and slinging his backpack on to his back before he headed out to the portal. He had kept his eyes down casted as he walked, keeping to the shadows, trying not to catch any attention.

Adrain stopped once he had found himself in front of the portal. He let out a low sigh as if preparing himself to enter it, once he was fully prepared, eyes closed, he entered the portal. Once he found himself on the other side, he took in a deep breath, letting the memories come back to him before he finally let his eyes open. He slowly started walk, enjoying the peaceful darkness that was in the forest, it also felt nice not to have to try and interact with others, and it just felt ever so nice not to have to worry if he was acting or saying the wrong things. That was when he had decided to stay for a while in the forest, it just seemed to calming to him.

He spent most of the time just walking around, enjoying the solitude that he was given. It wasn’t like he hated to be around others, he hated to try and having to worry about how he was acting, he had never really been around humans before now, always being around his siblings. Where they knew who and what he was but now with this new Darkness he had to hide who he was afraid that others would think he was the Darkness that started to swallow the worlds but he wasn’t and he didn’t know how to tell or show others that.

After some hours had passed, he walked back toward where the portal would appear again, deciding to sit down under one of the trees in the shadows as he watched for the portal. After a bit he had heard a nearby noise, quickly moving back more into the shadows, head turning to see who or what was coming. Sure he was ready to fight if he really needed to, but truth Adrain preferred not to fight.

PM
^
jacob sage samhain
 Posted: Apr 15 2018, 07:36 AM

Forgive me, Mr. Claus. I'm afraid I've made a terrible mess of your holiday..

jack skellington
  nightmare before christmas
  30 years old
  single
  panromantic
  HE | HIM
  sam (SHE | HER)
 16 POSTS

awards

For Jack crossing through the portal was a relatively pleasant experience. Considering all the horrible things the Darkness had done in the other world, it tended to leave him alone. Letting him roam freely and undisturbed in even the most horrid of places. It made the fact that he had to cross at least semi-frequently to keep his memories a somewhat bearable experience. Plus, it let him search to his hearts content for the other citizens of Halloween Town. Or...to find the Town itself. He's not sure where it went or even if it's still there, but ever since he fell through that tree he's been unable to find his way back. Was he still in Christmas Town? Another dimension entirely? Was he supposed to go back the way he'd come? It was all very very confusing and not all a problem that seemed to do anything except frustrate him.

This most recent trip across the portal had lasted about three days now. He'd crossed originally just to retain his memories, but then he'd wandered. Seeking....well he wasn't quite sure what he was seeking. Home? More ideas for his haunted house?

Neither of which had been very successful endeavors either way. He had nothing to show for his efforts aside from mild disappointment and a building sense that he'd gotten lost somehow. Ended up in a part of the animated world far from where he'd originally crossed the portal from San Francisco. The only reason he'd even come this way in the first place was because he could see the trees and the hope that his specific set of trees might be somewhere in that mess was far too strong to just pass by without at least checking.

Spindly frame twisting and turning to gaze at every tree trunk. Skeletal hands resting against rough bark as he peered through shadows and squinted his eyes in hopes of seeing some flash of red or orange, between all the browns and greens.

He sensed that there was something here- which was a bit odd. He didn't normally sense things, not unless those things happened to be scared, and this didn't feel like fear. It felt like something else, but what that else might be he couldn't quite put his finger on.

"Hello? Anybody out there?" He was hardly one for subtlety or caution. He'd traipsed through this entire area without worrying if he made a sound or any sort of disturbance. "I promise not to scare you...too much." His body lowered a bit, bending closer to the ground well aware that the sight of an abnormally large skeleton wasn't something people found pleasant to look at. "You wouldn't happen to know where I can find a tree with a pumpkin shaped door on it? I seem to have misplaced mine." Was he possibly talking to himself? Or to a creature that didn't understand language? Eh, debatable. It was still nice to talk- even if there was no one around to hear you.

Oh, somewhere deep inside of these bones An emptiness began to grow
PM
^
adrain gau queran
 Posted: Apr 30 2018, 10:06 PM

Darkness
  THE UNIVERSE
  22 years old
  Lonely
  Clueless
  he/him/his
  Megan (she/her)
 87 POSTS

awards

Unsure of what to do as he had watched the other, holding as still as he could and with the shadows still covering him. There was hope that he wouldn’t be seen and that the other would just keep going on, leaving Adrain by himself. But it seemed that it wouldn’t work out that way, Adrain watched as the other had called out, asking if anybody was there. Slowly getting his feet, making sure the shadows wrapped around him, keeping himself hidden for now. Adrain quickly shifting, moving from shadow to shadow, trying to get a better vantage that he might or might not need.

Once Darkness had felt safe, his had cleared his throat as he watched the other. “I’m here, and I’m not really afraid of you.” his voice soft but loud and seemed to echo from the shadows that the trees had created. Adrain slowly moved closer, slowly coming out of the shadows as he looked at the other, he couldn’t help but be a bit more curious by them and the question that they had asked him. His eyes darting around checking each tree before looking back at them. “I’ve never seeing a tree with a pumpkin shaped door.” his hood pulled up over his head as he fully came out of the shadows and stopped in front of the other.

His eyes meeting with theirs’, head titled slightly to the side as if thinking. “Where does this pumpkin shaped door lead to?” he couldn’t help but ask, very curious about the door now. But quickly took a step back realizing how close he was and thinking maybe the other wouldn’t like that. “I’m sorry, I didn’t introduce myself. I’m called Adrain.” his voice being soft as he spoke, but the trees and shadows around them seem to amplify his words so that they were louder. Adrain couldn’t help but not want to share what he was called on this side.

Many times he had found that when they found out he was a Darkness, they tended to blame him for the Darkness that was here. So now he just gave out his name that he had on the other side of the portal. It just saved more hassle for Adrain in the long run, even though he was sure the others would rather have him tell others who he was.

the problem lies in me jacob sage samhain
PM
^
jacob sage samhain
 Posted: Jul 31 2018, 03:17 AM

Forgive me, Mr. Claus. I'm afraid I've made a terrible mess of your holiday..

jack skellington
  nightmare before christmas
  30 years old
  single
  panromantic
  HE | HIM
  sam (SHE | HER)
 16 POSTS

awards

As exciting as it was to talk to yourself, it made him positively giddy when he received a response. Even more so when that response came from a man who seemed to be slowly materializing from the shadows that surrounded them. Where others might have been frightened or wary of a stranger taking shape out of nothing but darkness, Jack couldn't be more pleased at this turn of events. While he'd met all sorts of different people in his adventures travelling through this world, the majority of those people seemed to be human. It had been quite some time since he'd met someone who was so....Halloween.

Eyes widening in appreciation, skeletal face spreading in a toothy grin. "Well now, that's new. Hello there!" He straightened to his full height, as he spoke.

"Well, it leads to a place called Halloweentown. Or it's supposed to at least- you see I've never been through the door myself, but I imagine it must exist somewhere." Skeletal fingers lifting to scratch at the top of his skull, head turning one way and another as though hoping the door would simply appear now that it was being spoken of. Wouldn't that be convenient? Why, then he could simply point at it and say; This. This is what it looks like. "How about a door with a Christmas tree on it? That one I have seen before....perhaps if I find my way back there I can find my way back home."

He was so caught up in trees and doorways, he didn't even realize he was beginning to ramble. The introduction of the other's name nearly going over his head entirely, before he forced himself to focus back on the present....and to remind himself that he was talking to someone. He did that a lot unfortunately, forgetting that others were there.

It wasn't very polite.

"A pleasure to meet you Adrain." He says, offering a sweeping bow before introducing himself. "I am Jac." It was a nice in between. A nickname for both his names, which saved him all the annoyance of having to decide which he should use on which side of the portal. "Are you really not scared of me? I have to say I'm not used to that." A gesture at himself, "As you can probably imagine I tend to give people quite a fright."

Oh, somewhere deep inside of these bones An emptiness began to grow
PM
^
adrain gau queran
 Posted: Jul 31 2018, 07:35 PM

Darkness
  THE UNIVERSE
  22 years old
  Lonely
  Clueless
  he/him/his
  Megan (she/her)
 87 POSTS

awards

Watching the other just made Adrain even more curious, he never really came across someone quiet like them. Of course he was sure that he was rather odd himself, letting his hood fall down so that his face was shown. Yet Adrain hadn’t felt any fear toward the other, the only fear he had was how the other would react to him. But that had past and the other hadn’t reacted with fear, more like they were curious with Adrain, just as much as he was with them. But he still kept his distance, just in case, it was better to be safe then sorry.

Adrain couldn’t help but take a step back when the other stood their complete height. “It’s nothing new, well at least to me. Other then showing myself to a stranger.” his voice was still lowed but amplified by the darkness that was around them. He had decided to keep his distance as he watched the other, ready if he had to be to disappear back into the darkness. He had always been good at watching other, having done it during the eons that had spent with Light, watching the other now for any sign that they might come after him.

His head shook some when asked about the door shaped like a Christmas tree. “I have not seen either of your doors. I am truly sorry.” he was sorry that he hadn’t been able to help the other in some sort of way. Darkness couldn’t help the slight amused smile that crossed his face as the other started to ramble off, it didn’t bother Darkness at all. It sort of reminded him of each of the other entities when they all got together.

Adrain blinked in surprised when Jac had offered a sweeping bow. In all of his years, no one had ever introduced themselves like that to him and he couldn’t help but think at how odd that was. “Why would I be scared of you Jac? There are all sort of different creatures from this side of the portal that are different, more of them tend to be afraid of me.” he smiled slightly as he took a step closer to Jac. “Why aren’t you afraid of me? Many of the others tend to believe that I am the darkness that had destroyed the worlds.” which had tended to be true, when ever he meet someone new in this world they tended to move away from him as fast as they could or try to fight him.

the problem lies in me jacob sage samhain
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

topic options
addreply
newthread
newpoll

static affiliates | status: open