welcome home!

Pages: (6) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
newtopic
newpoll

Announcements
★AMANDA
 Posted on: Oct 12 2015, 10:22 PM
Betty Cooper
❝ We must do better. ❞
Riverdale
5'3"
IN LOVE
WITH EDS

AMANDA

OCTOBER 12TH

• Welcome one and all! The staff of Endless Diamond Sky is very excited to cut the ribbon on our new home! We have spent the last week hard at work to turn out a beautiful new site for you all, and we are so pleased that you'll be joining us here. There's so much to cover so lets jump in.

• Lots of things have changed since our move! Chief among them being the plot! Take a quick read and notice that quite a few things are different. We're learning some scary new things about the source of the darkness... The portal moves! And last but not least, we have a new real world location in San Francisco, CA. You can read all about it in the PM you should have received from Forest, take another look at our new and improved FAQ, and when in doubt, contact a staffer!

• Some of our policies have also been trimmed down and spruced up, so look them up here. No big changes here, but it's always nice to have a refresher.

• With all these new aspects of the plot to play with, it's understandable if you need to revisit your characters apps - in fact, we encourage it! Copy down our new application (complete with new membergroup colors, so be sure to copy the right one)! Consider the new portal and our new location when you take your apps into account, and it is perfectly reasonable to rewrite it entirely! Post in either "In progress" if you are still tweaking, or "Complete" if you are done, and we will accept and sort them as normal! You'll see that the staff has already set up a few profiles to serve as examples for you guys to check out - notice that we have renamed what was formerly known as the Complex and replaced NYC with San Fran. If you are done editing your app and miss a mention of New York City or the alleyway Portal, don't fret, we'll send you a PM to fix it and it will be approved in a jiffy.

• Of course if you would like to transfer any plots or threads you started on DERP, you may! Talk to your plotting partners about these, discuss which ones you would like to keep threading, and which you'd like to wrap up. This is a perfect time to reevaluate plots or even move some on to the next step!

• In addition, everyone will need to restate your claims. If you had claim to a character on DERP, you can claim them all again. If you would like to drop anyone, you are free to do that too. If you see a character that was taken on DERP and is not yet claimed on DS, please do not immediately try to claim them. Allow everyone to take their time in deciding who they will move over, and who they will drop from their rosters. You will have one week from today to claim the characters you want to keep, and after that, we will start reserves like new.

• If you were waiting on your 2 weeks to be up to create a new character, you can still count from the date your character was accepted on DERP. However, we have waived the 5 posts rule for everyone's first new character on DS. With such a huge upheaval it wouldn't be fair to count posts when we've all been offline for a week. So enjoy the freebie!

• Contact a staff member if you have any questions - check out our new meet the staff thread, if you need to know who to contact! We are happy to sort out whatever may be causing you trouble.

• In addition, we encourage all of you to post an introductory thread for yourselves in our introductory forum. Tell us a little bit about yourself, and maybe introduce yourself to someone you've never talked to before! We want to build an even stronger community between staff and members (old and new alike) so jump in and say hi!

• And lastly, don't forget to subscribe to this topic! Click "Topic Options" at the bottom of this page and you will see the option there - "Track This Topic." This way you won't ever miss an update!

^
★SAM
 Posted on: Oct 31 2015, 10:06 PM
bayek of siwa
❝ sleep? I never sleep. I just wait in the shadows. ❞
assassin's creed: origins
5'3"
PANSEXUAL
property of aya

SAM

OCTOBER 31ST

• The Darkness has it's eyes on you. EDS first ever event is finally here and it's quite the trip. San Fancisco has been tossed into a vivid dreamscape where the entire city is now living in a world full of the undead. Survival is now at the top of everyone's list. Can your character last the night? Everything you'll need to give them a fighting chance can be found here. Have fun! Remember...try not to get eaten.

• We're also opening up the costume contest that everyone has been patiently waiting for! Entries for the contest go until NOVEMBER 7TH, so get yours in soon!

• Also, come post anything you've done to celebrate Halloween here, in the Spooktacular Celebrations thread!

--------------------

KRYPTONITE

Clark kent believes in you, and I do to.

AIM
^
★FOREST
 Posted on: Nov 2 2015, 01:06 AM
veronica lodge
❝ eventually, there will be a reckoning...or...maybe that reckoning is now. and maybe that reckoning is me. ❞
riverdale
5'0"
ASEXUAL
SINGLE

FOREST

NOVEMBER 1ST

• First off, exciting news: EDS is now a premium board thanks to the ever so lovely CHELLE! This means that we are ad free and we are allowed to have mature content (but remember to tag it)! Thank you so much, Chelle! <3

• As y'all may have guessed, there will be NO AC THIS MONTH. It's been a rough and confusing month for everyone and we feel it's best to wait and let everyone settle in. c:

• We've also decided to change the 2 weeks/5 posts before a new character rule - you now only must wait 1 week before you can create a new character. However, you will still need 5 posts! Make them good ones!

• Finally, if you're having trouble accessing the cbox on your mobile device, the URL has actually changed! HERE is a direct link if you don't already have it!

--------------------
- ON HIATUS -

FOREST
aim: nowasteddreams || skype: lettimepassby

^
★FOREST
 Posted on: Nov 9 2015, 01:19 AM
veronica lodge
❝ eventually, there will be a reckoning...or...maybe that reckoning is now. and maybe that reckoning is me. ❞
riverdale
5'0"
ASEXUAL
SINGLE

FOREST

NOVEMBER 8TH

• Holy new skin, Batman! That's right - we've got a brand new skin made by none other than the ever so talented LAURA! Next time you see her, make sure to tell her how amazing she is. If you find any issues with the skin, please let us know so they can be fixed!

--------------------
- ON HIATUS -

FOREST

^
★AMANDA
 Posted on: Nov 19 2015, 01:14 AM
Betty Cooper
❝ We must do better. ❞
Riverdale
5'3"
IN LOVE
WITH EDS

AMANDA

NOVEMBER 19TH

• After much deliberation, the staff has come to a decision for the winners of our Halloween 2015 costume contest! It was so hard to pick just one for each category, and we were thrilled to see so many entries this year. Without further ado, we have the winners for each of the six categories below:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Congratulations! You can use these buttons in your signature, tracker, character development threads, or wherever you may please! And for all you jewels, feel free to still peruse and post your costumes in the original thread here. Thanks everyone!
^
★FOREST
 Posted on: Dec 1 2015, 02:48 AM
veronica lodge
riverdale
5'0"
ASEXUAL
SINGLE

FOREST

DECEMBER 1ST

• Wow, what a month! I'm absolutely blown away by the amount of amazing plotting and threading going on here, and I really cant' wait to see more of the fabulous ideas you've got in your beautiful brains. I'd also like to extend a warm welcome to everyone who has joined us over this past month - we're so delighted to have all of you with us, and I'm so excited to get to know every one of you. C:

• The first of the month marks the time when our activity checks will usually begin. However, rather than doing a full activity check, we're just going to do a simple interest check. All you need to do is post which characters you would like to keep - you do not need an in character post to keep your characters as will be needed for the activity checks, but feel free to include one. Consider it a practice AC! x3 The interest check will close on DECEMBER 4TH, at which time unsaved accounts will be made inactive and threads will be moved to the graveyard.

If you have any questions about the interest check, feel free to ask a staff member!

--------------------
- ON HIATUS -

FOREST

^
★FOREST
 Posted on: Dec 5 2015, 12:03 AM
veronica lodge
riverdale
5'0"
ASEXUAL
SINGLE

FOREST

DECEMBER 4TH

• Our first ever interest check has closed and the boards and claims have been cleaned out! If you were made inactive after the interest check and wish to stick around, PM me HERE and we can talk!

• With the interest check closed, it's time for our first ever round of OTM awards! Since this is the first time we're doing them here on EDS, please make sure to read through the rules thoroughly and submit your nominations ASAP HERE!

• Eager to help out around EDS? Perfect! We're looking for a new mod to add to the team! CLICK HERE for more information and the application!

• Y'all may have noticed it's December now. And we all know what that means. >> IT'S HOLIDAY TIME! In preparation for this, all Halloween event threads have been moved onto the AU board - y'know, leave that darkness behind and get holly jolly and all that business. xD The Halloween event board itself is in the graveyard, but is still fully accessible! Feel free to continue these threads (and even start new ones if you want!) where they live now.

• Out with the old and in with the new! Kicking off our holiday celebrations, we've got two new boards up for you to explore! First, we've brought back an old favorite - gift giving. More information on that can be found HERE. And secondly, we have a few miscellaneous fun activities, such as holiday recipe sharing and a Christmas card exchange. Be sure to check those out as well! Start getting in the holiday spirit now so you'll be fully prepared for the future. ;)

--------------------
- ON HIATUS -

FOREST

^
★SAM
 Posted on: Dec 13 2015, 07:41 PM
bayek of siwa
5'3"
PANSEXUAL
property of aya

SAM

DECEMBER 13TH

• OTMs have been announced! Just click on the little star in the top bar to have a look at them and be sure to congratulate the winners next time you see them!

• On a similar note the OTMs have also been posted on the site Tumblr which is now officially up and running! You can find it here! Be sure to follow and help spread the word about EDS by reblogging the ad when you see it. Also, the tumblr isn't just for advertising purposes we really want this to be an interactive and fun addition to the site. So if you want to submit any graphics, or want to maybe post a want ad or two looking for a specific character then you totally can!

• We're also closing the staff search. Thank you to everyone that applied, we'll be choosing the new mod soon. So keep an eye out for that!

--------------------

KRYPTONITE

AIM
^
★AMANDA
 Posted on: Dec 16 2015, 10:02 PM
Betty Cooper
❝ We must do better. ❞
Riverdale
5'3"
IN LOVE
WITH EDS

AMANDA

DECEMBER 16TH

• It's finally time to unveil the rest of our holiday event, and we hope you'll enjoy! After all of the hectic hustle and bustle of our last event has quieted down, the staff here at EDS thought you all deserved a little party. So we are throwing a Yuletide Ball! Head on over to our INFO THREAD for more, well, information!

• In addition to our In-Character festivities, if any of you have already received your cards Out-of-Character and would like to share, feel free to do so HERE in the original Christmas Card Exchange thread. (Please note this is not required!)

^
★AMANDA
 Posted on: Jan 1 2016, 11:29 PM
Betty Cooper
❝ We must do better. ❞
Riverdale
5'3"
IN LOVE
WITH EDS

AMANDA

JANUARY 1ST

• Welcome to 2016, everyone! The staff has whipped up another holiday treat for you all in the form of our newest event. Put your posting skills to the test in our New Years Resolution Challenge! You can find all the details HERE, as well as everything you need to sign up. Get posting!

• As we ring in the new year we are also unveiling our decision for our new Moderator here on EDS! Please welcome Stace to the team, and be sure to give her some love when you see her in the cbox.

• We'd like to also remind everyone if they are interested in filing a want ad for an Animated Original Character, please post in the ad. When an admin approves your idea, that still serves as your "reservation," but expressing your interest in the want ad is the easiest way to make it clear that you are working on that character. We'd like to spare the confusion and miscommunication if there are several members interested in the same AOC concept.

• And last but not least, we have just posted the Interest Check! Because of the craziness of the holidays, we are allowing you to simply state which characters you'd like to keep. Keep in mind, the next check will be a full activity check and you will need a post for each character dated after January 4th.

^
★FOREST
 Posted on: Jan 5 2016, 03:46 AM
veronica lodge
riverdale
5'0"
ASEXUAL
SINGLE

FOREST

JANUARY 4TH

• This month's interest check has officially closed and the boards and claims have been cleaned out! If you were made inactive after the interest check and wish to stick around, PM me HERE! If you dropped a character, make sure all your important threads (plotters, trackers, want ads, etc.) are posted with an active account.

NEXT MONTH WILL BE THE FIRST OFFICIAL ACTIVITY CHECK. This means you will need one in character post for every character you play. Keep this in mind as you go into posting this month so you aren't scrambling to get your characters saved at the last minute - this should not be a problem for those of you participating in our New Year's Challenge. Plan accordingly! The activity check will be posted on February 1st.

• Of the Month awards will be posted sometime tomorrow, so keep an eye out for those!

--------------------
- ON HIATUS -

FOREST

^
★SAM
 Posted on: Jan 16 2016, 01:27 AM
bayek of siwa
5'3"
PANSEXUAL
property of aya

SAM

JANUARY 16TH

• This month's OTM winners have been announced! Be sure to congratulate the winners ( and reblog them on tumblr: here ) next time you see them!

• We'd also love to present the birthdays calendar ! A gift from us to you, to bring us closer together as a family. Be sure to go post your birthdays so we know when to shower you in gifts and love. as if we don't do that enough already.

--------------------

KRYPTONITE

AIM
^
★FOREST
 Posted on: Feb 1 2016, 08:44 PM
veronica lodge
riverdale
5'0"
ASEXUAL
SINGLE

FOREST

FEBRUARY 1ST

The New Years Challenge is now officially over! Wow, what a wild month. I don't know about you guys, but I definitely didn't realize how hard posting 31 times in 31 days would actually be. Ya'll did amazingly well - I saw a lot of people got around halfway through the challenge, and that's still 15 posts in a single month! That's a lot! In the end, however, we only had two sparkling stars complete the challenge: CONGRATULATIONS, SAM & POND! Stay tuned for fabulous prizes!

• With the New Years Challenge complete and Valentine's day fast approaching, we've got to make room for things to come! This means that the holiday gift giving and miscellaneous event threads boards have been moved to the graveyard. Feel free to browse through these whenever you feel like - they're still available to you. The yuletide ball board will stay up, however, as it's still very much a popular place for posting!

• On a more serious note, check out our brand new activity rule here. The new rule states that characters made active again after missing an AC must have their claims reposted within 3 days or the character will be open for someone else to claim. REMEMBER - it's always better to PM me before the AC is over than to ask for your character back later!

• Finally, it's time for our first official ACTIVITY CHECK. Please read through the rules carefully and post accordingly. If you're unsure of what to do, check out what others are doing or ask a staff member. Please PM ME if you have any concerns about making the AC this month. Due to forest forgetting to set this up last night how late this check was posted, the activity check will end on FEBRUARY 5TH. ACs will usually end on the 4th of the month. Post in there ASAP and please do reach out if you need any help! <3

--------------------
- ON HIATUS -

FOREST

^
★FOREST
 Posted on: Feb 6 2016, 05:06 AM
veronica lodge
riverdale
5'0"
ASEXUAL
SINGLE

FOREST

FEBRUARY 5TH

Shhh it's totally still the 5th. This month's activity check has officially closed and the boards and claims have been cleaned out! If you were made inactive after the activity check and wish to stick around, PM me HERE!

• OTM nominations will be up and running very soon, so start thinking about who you want to nominate for each category! Remember that nominations can't be duplicated, so it's in your best interest to post early. ;)

--------------------
- ON HIATUS -

FOREST

^
★AMANDA
 Posted on: Feb 10 2016, 12:25 AM
Betty Cooper
❝ We must do better. ❞
Riverdale
5'3"
IN LOVE
WITH EDS

AMANDA

FEBRUARY 9TH

• First off, OTM nominations are now closed! Thank you, as always, to everyone who nominated and said some sweet things about your fellow members, their threads, and everything in between. We will be posting the winners in the next couple of days, so stay tuned!

• And with that, I'd like to announce EDS's next event: A Valentine's Day Speed Dating Extravaganza! This is a roulette event and rapid-fire all in one, this will allow your characters to try their hand at dating as many others as they can. Check out our information thread HERE for more details, and what you need to do to sign up. More info to come on February 14th!

• Alongside our speed dating event, we've also opened up a special side Tumblr to announce your IC and OOC love to the world! This can be anonymous or not, just submit them using the little red button in the bottom left-hand corner. We'll post them up on a fancy template for everyone to see! The link to this wonderful place is HERE, so start submitting and they'll go up starting on Valentine's Day!

^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (6) 1 2 3 ... Last »
newtopic
newpoll