hati
❝ "My name is not Skoll" ❞
norse mythology
5'10"
huh?
wut?

sam

Give Me Attention
I need it now Too much distance To measure it out Out loud Tracing patterns across a personal map And making pictures where the lines overlap Where the lines overlap
People warned him that he shouldn't ever cross the portal by himself. It was dangerous, they said; being so small, and not knowing where he'd end up. They explained to him that you never knew where exactly you'd come out on the other side, that there were monsters lurking in the shadows, and he couldn't risk being out alone when the moon came up. Yet Atalo had lived in that world his entire life, he'd wandered for a very long time before he'd ever found the portal or thought to cross it. Not only that but he had the misplaced pride of youth and an inborn stubborn streak to boot; two things that when combined made him feel nearly invincible. Like he could take any challenge head on. Be it monster, or Darkness, or whatever else the world had to throw at him. Sure he wasn't big like Emmett was, or a warg like Skoll or Hati were supposed to be, but that didn't mean he couldn't defend himself. He was a wolf! Wolves were warriors, great hunters, they were fearless.

It didn't seem to mean much to the pup that he could barely walk in a straight line. His legs that characteristic wobbliness that came with being so young. He was at an age where many other wolf pups were still safely sequestered in their dens. Venturing out on unsteady legs to explore the world only from beneath their mother's supervision. It was hard to believe really that he was only a few months old...if that. His life had already seen so much in that time that he felt much older. What more could possibly scare him?

"Nothing, that's what." The small pup growled, hopping over the stones along the lake bed. Tiny chest puffing out slightly, and head tilting up. He was fearless; or as fearless as a puppy thought they could be. As much as he'd seen there was still so much he hadn't. A whole world of horrors and dangers that he was just too young and small to truly comprehend. His scope of what the darkness was capable of had been limited the destruction of his pack and the winds that had switched the warg spirits. Mild in comparison to what else was happening out there...

Yes, he supposed he should have been worried, but in all honesty he wasn't. All he wanted was to be a puppy again for a little while. To tumble and pounce on things, get a little too close to the water, and then hop back when the cold touched his paws. He wanted to chase butterflies ( well it was winter so he could do that, but he COULD chase birds ). Fun things that he hadn't been able to do when he'd been with his pack...that felt a lot less fun when you did them by yourself, but still worked out okay. Especially if he just imagined that Aohd was there.

It wasn't like having his real brother, but it was as close as he'd get. As he bounced and ran through the snow surrounding the lake. Imaging that he and his brother were running and playing together, he only really stopped when something caught his attention.

Like a smell.

He'd been around humans enough that he recognized that scent, but there was something strange about it. Like it was a mixture of things he didn't even know how to begin to pick out. It was that confusion that made him skid to a stop and stand straight. Neck extending to give his tiny body as much height as possible; which arguably wasn't much at all.

He didn't know if she'd seen him, but he saw her. A woman who looked very strange and seemed to have fur just like he did...except white. The smart thing would have probably been to run and hide behind a snow drift or cluster of rocks. Instead Atalo let his curiosity get the best of him, bouncing towards the woman like she wasn't a complete stranger at all. Or like he hadn't noticed the spear she carried ( to be entirely honest, he hadn't. )

"Why do you smell funny?" He'd stopped right in front of her, sniffing at the air between them. "You look like a person but you don't smell like a person. Why?"

POND. WORDS. meh.

--------------------
user posted image
^
moriko san spirritt
 Posted on: Apr 9 2016, 12:23 AM
san
❝ UGH, I SMELL LIKE A HUMAN. ❞
princess mononoke
5'6"
straight
single

pond

Moriko loved to cross the Portal. She loved to be free of humans, to get away from all that the other world held. There were no humans to bother her and harass the animals in this realm, unless you were speaking of the other humans like her, the humans that were displaced from their homes just as she was. They had lost their families, their homes, just as she had. There was some sort of mutual understanding between them all, one that showed them how important it was to care for their worlds. They had to fight back, even if she did have to put up with some she didn’t care for. She simply couldn’t fight back against the darkness alone, it was far more powerful than anything she has seen before in her life. It was the forest spirit mixed with every other spirit in the world. All together, perhaps something would be as powerful as the evil taking over the land. As dangerous as it was to come alone… She did not want to spend any longer than needed around the humans. The evil was worth it to deal with as long as the scent of humans was far, far away.

Everything about those creatures simply irritated the wolf princess. She hated the way they spoke, the way they smelled, the way they acted. The way they dressed was ridiculous and ever-changing, and the way they destroyed the world was even worse. Every extra moment she spent around them simply ruined her. Time and time again Moriko wished to be free of them, to roam free with the creatures that deserved so much more than they had, but nothing could change it. The darkness had changed everything, from how safe one could feel to those they had to interact with. It pushed them all from the safety, or non-safety, of their home homes, and sent them to a world where nothing made sense. It was terrifying, in a sense, even Moriko could admit to that. Things had come out of the darkness that she could not have imagined even in her darkest dreams. At least, if she tried briefly to be positive, simply touching the evil didn’t kill you. But she certainly did not want to find out what it did do, she did not want to see how it could change someone.

Yes, Moriko could admit her fear of the darkness. Who did not fear it? Everyone did, even if they refused to admit it. The darkness did not pick and choose, it simply destroyed everything within its grasp. Not even those of the most evil could resist what it would chose to do. Today, however, she would not be afraid. She was just relaxing, she was resting up and getting back to normal. Moriko would wash the human scent of her skin, and turn her senses back to complete sharpness. Starting with her hearing. Smell would take far longer- she would need to get clean, wash herself many times until it was entirely gone. Never would it clear up entirely. But she would wash for as long as she could until she at least felt somewhat normal. Anything was better than the way she was now.

Walking through the beautiful area, she dipped her feet into the water, listening to the push and pull of the water against the shore. It was relaxing, and it was wonderful. Moriko almost let herself get lost in it all until a sound and a scent pulled her out of it. She waited for the person to approach her, spear in hand, only to learn it wasn’t a human at all. A young wolf popped his head out… With plenty of questions to ask, ”Why do I smell funny?” she almost smiled, ”I am a princess of wolves, neither human nor wolf. I am some of both, and I always will be.” she nodded, ”And you? What are you?”

for some reason the code is broke and i dont wanna deal with it so not pretty time >>

--------------------
user posted image
Thank you Toby!!! <3
^
atalo coinin úlfr
 Posted on: May 27 2016, 01:33 AM
hati
norse mythology
5'10"
huh?
wut?

sam

Give Me Attention
I need it now Too much distance To measure it out Out loud Tracing patterns across a personal map And making pictures where the lines overlap Where the lines overlap
Where he'd come from there had only been stories about humans. Atalo had never really paid much attention to any sort of story the Elder's used to tell, but sometimes he'd listen to one or two. Stories about how the humans and their kind used to fight. Before they'd moved the pack to a place where there were no humans. A forest so deep with the mountains towering over them like Gods. Once upon a time this land had been pristine and thriving with food. Of course this was all well before Atalo had ever been born. By the time he and his brother had entered the world, the forest surrounding their dens had been all but stripped clean. Those animals that were left found it all too easy to evade the dwindling collection of able hunters the pack had to offer. It was a side effect of their attempts to keep the bloodlines pure...this slow rotting away of their strength and power. Of course he didn't know any of this, not yet anyway. Perhaps one day when he was older he'd think back and actually remember the stories and the legends.

For now all he cared about was that here was one human, and this human smelled funny. His nose wasn't quite trained just yet, scents tended to fluctuate in strength, and the catalog in his mind was still developing. He knew 'human' from San Francisco, and he knew 'wolf' like it was coded into his blood. Rarely did he ever smell the two scents crossing so closely together. Even in the other world when he was with Emmett or Winnie, their scents weren't a mixing of both. They still smelled like wolves to him, only slightly layered over with the scents of the surrounding city. This girl however smelled very distinctly of both and that was curious.

Hearing her speak his ears perked up at the mention of princess. He only vaguely understood the word, but he was certain his people hadn't had a princess. Which meant that she must have been from another pack, like Emmett was. Sniffing at the air again for a moment, he bounced forward to bring himself closer to the young woman. If she was part wolf and part person? Didn't that mean she was good? Certainly a princess of the wolves wouldn't try to hurt him?

It was somewhat flawed logic, and a tiny voice in the back of his mind urged him to be more cautious. Atalo had always been very good at snuffing out the tiny voices. Even the ones that sounded like Emmett.

"I am a wolf." He said, like it was the most obvious thing in the world. Then did a little circle where he stood, moving so fast he nearly tumbled off his feet. The movement meant to show her all of him ( not that there was very much to see, he was so small ). In the end he did topple a little onto his side, but scrambled back up into a sitting position. His tail thumping softly against the ground as he looked up at her. Head tilting in curiosity. "My name is Atalo. Not Skoll." He huffed the last bit "Or Hati."

Paws tapping against the ground in something reminiscent of too much unspent energy he huffed out a breath. "How do you become a wolf-person-princess?"

POND. WORDS. meh.

--------------------
user posted image
^
moriko san spirritt
 Posted on: Jun 27 2016, 04:39 PM
san
princess mononoke
5'6"
straight
single

pond

It had been ages since Moriko had seen another wolf, other than the ones at the zoo. Not even the darkness had creatures that reminded her of the great beasts that she had to fight against. Everything was different, everything was changing. For a time, the wolf princess did not even believe that she could possibly see another wolf, not out in nature, especially not in this world. The darkness was destroying so much, she could only assume it had destroyed her family as well as her world. Her mother did not tell her that other wolves their size existed- but then again, they did not know much of other realms. They did what they could to protect their own forest, and let the other forest’s fend for themselves. That was all they could do, really. It was a fight to get through, to destroy humans and take back their land. Each and every day was a struggle for so long, and so often the fight did nothing. It was rough, and now she had yet another battle to fight. Was it fair? No. Could it ever be fair? Not as far as she knew.

Of course she would not stop looking for her family, nor would she ever. All Moriko wanted to do was be back with them, to fight against the darkness and get her forest back. At least, if there was some sort of positive to the darkness taking her away from her family, there was a chance that this darkness took the humans from the forest as well. They could take it back… If they could just get back together. And, in time, she knew it would happen. If she could find this wolf, then it would certainly be possibly to find her own family. She just couldn’t stop looking, even if they were most likely dead. That was just how things went.

Looking at the creature in front of her, Moriko felt a sense of calm over her. He was a wolf, and she knew she could trust it. There was no doubt in her mind that things could be okay. She… She would just have to trust her senses. There was nothing off with his scent- it was simply that of a wolf. Perhaps some other sort of wolf, but it was certainly a wolf. And that was almost like a safety net of some kind, one that made her realize that she was no longer alone, not entirely. A smile almost crossed her lips as the young wolf confirmed he was just that, a wolf. She could only assume he was young from the way he spoke to her, from the way he was uncertain of it all. Of course, she was just as uncertain about many a things now that the world was changing.

”Atalo, not Skoll or Hati.” she nodded. A bit silly to her, she could only assume they meant things to his people in his wolf pack. Moriko took another step forward, looking at him. He was small, that was for sure. But that did not mean he was not strong or powerful- you could never underestimate a wolf. As much as he tried to be intimidating, he was simply too small, and a bit too awkward. ”My parents abandoned me as a baby in my forest at the feet of the wolf goddess who protected the land. Instead of eating me, she left me to live, and raised me as her own, as her daughter. I am neither human nor wolf, yet I am both.” she did not know this creature, but she was certain she could trust it. After all, Atalo appeared far too innocent to be dangerous- and far too young.

--------------------
user posted image
Thank you Toby!!! <3
^
atalo coinin úlfr
 Posted on: Nov 1 2016, 03:17 AM
hati
norse mythology
5'10"
huh?
wut?

sam

Give Me Attention
He was no stranger to the unusual or different. Though he'd never bothered to pay much attention to the stories told by the elders, he'd lived through one and that was more than enough. Hearing about how he was supposed to be some great and powerful Warg, and then seeing those glowing eyes looking at him from the darkness? It made it far easier to look at this strange human-wolf-princess and see her as something not quite so unusual. Sure it didn't exactly make sense to him, but not much else did. He was young and far too headstrong for his own good. His mind had a tendency to wander on its own tangents and it left him vulnerable. He would space out and not listen, and therefore only absorb a fraction of the information he needed to. It wasn't that he was stupid, far from it, it was just that he still had that immortal pup mentality. Where it felt like nothing could hurt him and everything he could sniff at was fair game. It made fear a rare commodity, and often got him into trouble.

Like now. He knew from what Emmett told him that he needed to be more careful. Instead of just approaching random people in either world. Only something about this woman made him feel calm and safe. Almost like he was back in his pack...only not exactly. He didn't think he'd ever felt entirely calm or safe with his pack. He'd been yelled and snapped at far too often to feel like he belonged there. All of them wanting something out of him that he wasn't entirely sure he wanted to give. Nobody bothering to remember his name or understand that to him, being himself was the most important thing. Even if everyone liked Hati or Skoll, or whoever he was meant to be better then they liked him. Didn't mean he had to go away for one of them.

"Don't you forget it either." He almost barked, though at his age it was more of a small yip of sound. The good thing about not being with his pack was that he could tell everyone exactly who he was. Then those people would know exactly what to call him and what to say when they met him. He wouldn't have to correct anyone.

"Wow." He'd sat down while she told her story. It sounded almost like the stories the elders told, except this one was new and exciting, and kind of real. If the scent of wolf and human mixed together meant anything to his young brain. "That is so cool. What's it like being both? Is it fun? It sounds fun. What does a wolf-human-princess do?" The questions tumbled out of him in a rush, so much excitement and exuberance in his words that he bounced to his feet and then ran around her excitedly. Nearly tripping over his own uncoordinated paws.

"I've got a cool story too. Wanna hear?" He didn't really wait for a response, he was too hyped up and the words were already tumbling out of him so quickly he couldn't have stopped them if he tried. "Mother and father said that one day I wouldn't be Atalo anymore. That Skoll, a big wolf spirit, would come down from the sky and make me go away forever. Then he'd be me and I'd eat the sun. But Skoll messed up cause he's stupid so it never happened. Which is great! Cause I don't want to stop being Atalo. Not for nobody."

POND. WORDS. meh.

--------------------
user posted image
^
moriko san spirritt
 Posted on: Nov 20 2016, 08:17 PM
san
princess mononoke
5'6"
straight
single

pond

Moriko had met plenty of people in her time in this world, but few were as interesting as he was. This young wolf was nothing like the others she had met. Many of the others were humans creatures, ones she did not like at all. They were selfish, most of the time, although others were members of the resistance. Those were people she more okay with. They were humans she was willing to look at, humans she was willing to work with. If they wanted to take back this world from the darkness, then she would be there to help. She wanted the darkness gone, she wanted to find her family, and she wanted to get home. There was nothing more important to Moriko at this point in time. She wanted things to be good again. There was nothing more anyone could have asked for, could they? They just wanted to make sure things would be alright. They just wanted to take back their homes.

This wolf was strange. He was nothing like the other wolves she had met, not really. He was far younger and far more… Different. He seemed to not care about most things- he did not even seem afraid about what was going on around them. The darkness was always lurking, and he seemed far too calm about it. Far too calm to be the way he was. He was too young to even be out here alone- had he lost his pack just like she had? At least they had that much in common. His scent, although different, was still familiar enough to keep her comfortable. Familiar enough to remind her, in a sense, of home, although none of the wolves were quite like him.

Still, she had to admit she liked him. He was a breath of fresh air in a world that was far too terrible and negative. She would be careful, but she always was. Moriko never knew who she could trust or who she could not trust. She just did her best to make sure she was surviving, to make sure she was taking care of the animals, and to make sure she was still herself. ”I will not.” she almost wanted to smile. He was a puppy- a cute one at that, with a lot of spunk inside of him. Almost like she was when she was a young child learning to be a wolf like her brothers. ”You are Atalo, only Atalo, and no one else can ever take that role.” in the same way that she was San, the princess of wolves, and her mother was the leader of their clan. Everyone had their role.

Fun? She did not know if she would call being a human fun- she would have much rather simply been a wolf. ”It is difficult. The other clans did not accept me, not for a long time. They still don’t like a human in the forest.” Moriko paused, ”But my family loves me. And I help to protect my forest and the forest spirit from the humans who try to destroy it.” she nodded, ”What do you do in your clan?”

She was a bit taken aback by him wanting to tell a story, ”Yes, share.” she nodded and listened, ”That… That is quite interesting, Atalo. I agree that being Atalo is much better than being anything else. I’m glad he messed up.” she smiled a little, ”Why did he want to come into your body? Is that something that is part of your pack?”

atalo coinin úlfr

--------------------
user posted image
Thank you Toby!!! <3
^
atalo coinin úlfr
 Posted on: Aug 20 2017, 04:02 PM
hati
norse mythology
5'10"
huh?
wut?

sam

Give Me Attention
Atalo was satisfied with her response. She seemed to understand exactly where he was coming from and it was a relief. Even though he'd have happily kept talking about how much he hated Skoll and Hati and the elders for wanting him to be them. In the end he was Atalo, and maybe if more and more people knew and accepted that's all he was...there would be no more Hati or Skoll. No more silly legends to hang over his head like a dust cloud. Though his pack was dead and there would be no returning home for him, not ever. He couldn't help but imagine what it would be like to return to them surrounded by all the people he'd met and all the friends he'd made. What it'd be like to have someone like Emmett tell the Elders and his parents that he wasn't some Warg from the sky...just a puppy. Just himself. It was an empty dream. The idealistic what-if fantasy of a puppy who hadn't quite grasped just how lost his home and his pack were.

Stumbling over his own feet he crashed to the ground in a heap of dark fur, a little yelp of surprise accompanying the mild disaster. Though he seemed entirely unfazed by the whole experience and simply took the opportunity to lay flat on his belly, paws sprawled out around him. Head tilting up to look at her, ears shifting to focus more intently on the sound of her voice.

"That doesn't sound very nice." He huffed, though he did understand what that felt like. In a lot of ways he hadn't been treated very kindly himself, especially when it was realized that he wanted absolutely nothing to do with the prophecy set before him, or the destiny awaiting him. Of course the difference was that her family loved her, and he's not entirely sure his cared much for him. Pups in their pack were short-lived and many of the wolves had long since grown used to not growing attached to even their own litters. His mother had always a detached way of dealing with him, and often times it felt like the only other person that cared was his twin. If he'd his human shoulders he would have shrugged, instead he let his head lay on top of his front paws. "They didn't want us to do anything except climb the mountain. We had to sit there and wait for the spirits to come choose us."

The fact that she agreed that being Atalo was better seemed to perk him back up if only a little bit. His head lifted again, and there was something like a smile in the spread of his tiny jaws, tongue lolling momentarily to the side. A tiny bark of agreement showing his enthusiasm, as his tail thumped two or three times on the ground beneath him. "I don't know. My pack was always telling stories about Gods and Wargs and big giant wolves. They said the spirits died a long time ago and they needed new bodies so they could end the world, or something- I don't know it's stupid. I'm small, how am I supposed to eat the sun."

POND. WORDS. meh.

--------------------
user posted image
^
moriko san spirritt
 Posted on: Jan 9 2018, 04:33 PM
san
princess mononoke
5'6"
straight
single

pond

As time went by, Moriko came to find out that she was learning far more than she ever expected about others, from all sorts of worlds. Some were kind, and others were dangerous. Some she wanted to kill, and others tried to kill her, yet others were kind and understanding. Plenty of them were humans of course, coming from worlds where they had damaged the earth, or perhaps saved it. Oftentimes, Moriko did not speak to them enough to get a true and real answer. Still, she had to talk to many of them in order to keep herself from being too suspicious… So she learned. Not that she cared that much about others and their worlds, not in the end, but all of the information was still in her mind, growing and changing her thoughts with every passing moments. Humans would forever remain untrustworthy, while animals were like family- but did it always have to be that way? Moriko knew not every creature was good, but more often than not they were better than humans.

Still this was not a time to focus on what she hated. This was a time to be genuinely, actually curious about a creature in front of her face. The fact that he was a wolf only added to the positive side, of course. Moriko would do anything to find her family again, and even this gave her some sort of comfort that they were also alive out there, somewhere. After all, if this young wolf could survive on his own, surely her own family could? Her brothers were strong, as was her mother, so there was no doubt in her mind that they were there somewhere. Alive and strong.

She nodded as he spoke just a few simple words. Atalo was much like a child- and he certainly was young for his clan. She could tell that much from the way he moved, the way he spoke. Yet he was supposed to have so much power? The way other clans worked truly amazed her. Something about his was different, something was more powerful, and she couldn’t help but be interested in hearing about it all. ”It certainly wasn’t nice, you’ve got that right. But that’s life, isn’t it?” she was calm, relaxed around him. Almost like he was an old friend instead of a new one. At this point in time, Moriko knew she could trust the young wolf, and perhaps even keep an eye on him. ”Really?” she raised an eyebrow, ”That sounds awful. I had to sit and wait often for my next move, but nothing like that.” and she always had her mother by her side, there to guide her and teach her more.

The more Atalo spoke, the more unlike her he became. They both had gods and giants and spirits, but still it was so different. Some part of Moriko was amazed, but that wasn’t a part to focus on now. This time was just for talking to the wolf in front of her, ”That… does sound like a challenge.” she agreed as he spoke of eating the sun, ”Perhaps when you were larger you could do it?” she paused for a moment, ”Our spirit was still alive, although he was in danger. Us gods had to watch over the forests and the lands so they wouldn’t be destroyed. It was hard work.” once again she paused, looking up at the sun, ”How long have you been in this world, away from your own lands?”

atalo coinin úlfr

--------------------
user posted image
Thank you Toby!!! <3
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
newtopic
newpoll