ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY -> ⭐ invenit remedium {ToT}
click to rearrange
a bit quiet? join us on
discord!

- endless diamond sky -
spotlights
ACXE

Acxe is a true gem. Always present, always eager to offer up support and a kind word. They've given life to an interesting cast of characters from Kristoff to Cerberus, all of which are a welcome edition to EDS and played phenomenally. If you haven't, now is definately a good time to show your appreciation, and thank Acxe for everything they do!

PAIR

Sterling & Helen

another sunrise
helen

gen aura
CHARA

leia joyce
CHARA
wildcard
CATEGORY: OOC QUOTE
WINNER: POND
"i have heart boners for all of you"
WELCOME
Welcome to ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY! We are an animation personified site set both in the animated world and present day San Francisco. Open since OCTOBER 2015, we are a friendly, thriving community who welcomes players from all levels and backgrounds. When registering your account, please register with first middle last in all lowercase!

A terrible darkness is spreading through the animated realm, driving everyone from their homes and into unknown territory that we know as reality. Now they find themselves at a crossroads: do they fight for their world or do they turn their back on it and make San Francisco their home? What will you choose?

AMANDA (admin)
SAM (admin)
FOREST (admin)
POND (mod)
ALLIE (mod)
staff
  SAN FRANCISCO, CALIF.
   PRESENT DAY, 2018
  DANGER LEVEL : LOW
  FEELS WILL BE COMPROMISED

addreply
newthread
newpoll

⭐ invenit remedium {ToT}, tag: tamzin / sam
zelda rowena noakes
 Posted: Oct 31 2016, 04:37 PM

from a trickle to a roar!

zarina
  the pirate fairy
  22 years old
  solo
  bisexy

loor (she/hers)
 99 POSTS

awards

if i could be brave & i could be strong
Animated World -- A sickness is ravaging your camp, you've got to get the cure for them!

Fate was a domino effect.

It started with a fever. First it was just one, a scout who couldn't be roused come morning. Illness wasn't unusual in the harsh conditions of camp. There was little water and food, sanitation was questionable at best, and the looming risk of ambush was a constant reality. Fatigue and sniffles went with the territory. As the soldier's symptoms worsened, the healers grew fraught. The regular remedies were entirely ineffective. Uneasy at the notion of further experimentation, the healers initially believed it to be a severe virus. Two days after their diagnosis, the warrior's arms turned purple, starting at the tips of his fingers. He lost function and feeling.

Somewhere along his travels, the scout was poisoned. The etiology was unknown. Never before had they encountered symptoms so remarkable. A day after the plum shade crept past his elbows, one of the medics grew faint: a fever. Whatever contagion had plagued patient zero was spreading.

Panic did not gather slow and linear. A single glimmer of despair could evoke stampedes. Riots. Chaos. That very same fear had latched onto Zarina. Eavesdropping on the leaders' tent, she trembled as they confirmed her suspicions. There was no clear answer. They couldn't manage to track the scout's movements. The doctors couldn't say with any certainty whether he'd ingested the poison, touched it, or was purposefully infected. Hope was fading.

As if aligned with the mystical wheels of destiny, Zarina did know. She crossed paths with the scout on her way to the camp two weeks prior. He was examining tracks near the lake. Without thinking, the impetuous fairy packed a small satchel and began her long trek, stealing away from the camp under the cover of night. She had to try to find the source. It simply had to be somewhere around the lake. In the rapid firing of her synapses, she suspected she could concoct an antidote - if only she could uncover the poison source itself.

Peeking her auburn head around a bush, she caught the whiff of water on the breeze. Almost there. Suddenly the reality of her task weighed heavier than the onset of her adventure. What if she couldn't identify the source? What if it was too much for her small fairy body to carry? Why didn't she ask for help? Zarina bit her lip and sighed. "What am I going to do..." She whispered to herself.

Rustling leaves alerted her. Whirling around and suppressing a gasp, the dust keeper's eyes scanned the tiny bit of forest she could see. "H-hello?" Another whisper. Without pixie dust, she stood no chance against an enemy.

tamzin clara wright
PM
^
tamzin clara wright
 Posted: Jan 15 2017, 06:25 PM

I'm a tinker! I fix things.

tinkerbell
  Tinker bell
  22 years old
  single
  homosexual
  SHE | HER
  sam (SHE | HER)
 102 POSTS

awards

The nature of this world had become one of pain and sadness. After the darkness swept in expecting anything else was like trying to catch rainwater with your fingers spread wide. Still, every time some fresh horror plagued the people of the resistance Tink wished she could yell and scream at the sky. Beg the world to stop hurting the people who'd already been through so much. As if she didn't feel helpless enough with her tiny cart of provisions and her useless wings. Sickness came. She was far better suited to helping on the other side of the portal, but she couldn't see things from over there. Couldn't help them design better reinforcing walls and quarters for the soldiers to sleep in. As small as she was, she needed to cross and do her part. Whatever it took. Yet this was not something she could fix. There was no way to hammer out a cure from lost things, no way to tinker with people until they worked again. At least not in the way that she worked. Her mind worked desperately to find a solution, but it felt much like useless gears spinning at nothing. Thoughts running off into the distance as she watched one person, and then another fall deathly ill. She was a tinker fairy, meant to fix problems, but her ability did not heal the sick. Her talent wasn't medicines or nursing, and it broke her heart to watch the medical tents fill to overflowing. Each new person that went in, not coming back out again.

She'd been scared to cross back home in case she carried some sort of contaminant, but the trip had been necessary. Her supplies were running low and she couldn't leave her shop unattended for too long. So long as she didn't have any contact with anyone else, it should be fine...right? She'd crossed at night at least, and was in and out of her home as quietly and quickly as possible.

Crossing back over, she took a moment to make sure that Cheddar was strapped securely into his harness. Patting the rat briefly on the head before lifting herself up into the cart. "Alright, let's go. Back to camp." She was sure it couldn't be that far from where the portal had left her, though she was only vaguely familiar with this area. Something she should have probably been watching instead of letting her mind wander. Hadn't she already been through a situation like that not that long ago? Her mind taken back to the fateful encounter with Emmett in the woods, when he'd saved her life. Head ducking slightly she could feel a flare of shame tinging her cheeks pink as his words echoed in the back of her mind. Reminding her that this world was dangerous not just because people were getting sick. Blue eyes resigned themselves to focus as her shoulders straightened and she sat up in the little bench of her cart. "Keep an eye out Cheddar, okay?" She whispered, the rat in front of her turning his head long enough to nod in her direction before his ears perked up and he continued forward.

The trees and bushes were relatively quiet around them, deceptively peaceful. She could remember it having been peaceful in the other clearing as well before that cat-like creature had jumped out at her. All it did this time was put her own edge, making her nearly jump out of her skin as the cart bounced to a halt somewhat abruptly, making all sorts of noise. In front of her Cheddar was sitting up and clearly listening, when the sound of a voice made them both stare at each other. "It can't be bad if it talks...right?" She whispered, Cheddar didn't answer and Tink took that moment to jump down from her cart. Stepping towards a small patch of grass, and pushing some of the blades aside, head tilting to listen for the voice again. "Hello? You can come out, I'm not a bad thing I promise..." Pushing leaves out of the way, she paused, freezing in her spot and staring wide eyed at the other fairy.

"Woah...I, um I didn't think I'd find another fairy way out here."

f a i r y d u s t

zelda rowena noakes • notes • ###

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
zelda rowena noakes
 Posted: Apr 21 2017, 09:29 AM

zarina
  the pirate fairy
  22 years old
  solo
  bisexy

loor (she/hers)
 99 POSTS

awards

Feet fixed like toothpicks where she stood, the small pixie couldn't budge. Run, run, your only chance is to get out of here before it can see you. Quick, what were you thinking? Move! Her mind ran circles around itself while her wrists trembled. Zarina wanted to bolt, she wanted to sprint as fast as her miniature legs would carry to the nearest hiding space. Despite her confident exterior, the girl was not inherently brave. Her heart was terrified of being snatched up by the same evil that had already devastated and defiled the fairies' magical paradise. The chaos of that solemn day still flashed clear in her memory. Everything beyond the refugee camp was a threat. Most things could kill her if they chose, and many of those horrible things would, given half a chance.

Zarina was a scientist. Calculations and odds jumped to her mind's forefront often, unbidden. Even so, her reactionary nature hadn't processed the full implications of her risk up until that moment when the snapping and creaking evoked the wrath of her startle response. It was a deformed acid monster, a scaled snake with heavy armor, a mutated centipede seven meters long. The foliage separating her from the disturbance's source shifted and the dust keeper fairy tensed, ready for an ambush. The small face that met her bulging stare was the last theoretical Z would've thought possible. Her mouth went slack in a gaping expression of shock. Funny how life worked like that. No one could ever be wholly prepared for it. In its essence of unpredictability, danger and fortune were constants on either sides of a coin. Mitigating factors (such as a landscape saturated with corrupted creatures and poisonous gas) did not preclude fate from dealing the little fairy a stronger hand.

She heard light sounds coming from the other pixie, but the words didn't process through her brain. Zarina's arms felt like sacks of concrete as the tension sunk unceremoniously out of her muscles. Wobbling on clumsy knees, Z burst out of her statuesque freeze and nearly collapsed as she embraced her neighbor. "T....Tinkerbell!" She gasped, squeezing the blonde fae against her. Her fingers grasped to her shoulders, trying to solidify the reality of her appearance. Though still shaking sporadically, Z forced herself to let out a long sigh, her fluttering heart recovering. After a prolonged embrace, she released the tinker fairy and stepped back. "You scared me!" She admitted as if it wasn't blatantly obvious. Tucking a stray hair behind her pointed ear, Z looked around Tinkerbell's shoulder, scanning for signs of a giant foot or another pixie. "Who's with you? What are you doing all the way out here, anyway?" The words spilled forth without any real thought. The antidote-seeker paused for a beat while she realized that her peer was likely pondering the same questions. "I'm so relieved it's just you," she admitted with a poor attempt at a smile. Her face contorted with concern and hesitation. Zarina loathed to concede any independence.

"Actually... I think I need your help."

tamzin clara wright
PM
^
tamzin clara wright
 Posted: Aug 21 2017, 09:57 PM

tinkerbell
  Tinker bell
  22 years old
  single
  homosexual
  SHE | HER
  sam (SHE | HER)
 102 POSTS

awards

"Zarina?" What did it say about her that she expected wild beasts and snapping jaws before a friendly face? Or that she half expected to push the blades of grass aside and see that same creature that had chased her not long ago glaring at her like a fresh snack. To find another fairy way out here, much less one she actually knew? What were the chances? For a moment all she could do was stare in stunned silence at the other fairy. Recognition had set in rather quickly ( she was so desperate for familiar faces ) but aside from the initial exhale of a name. Tone tinged with awe and uncertainty that her eyes weren't deceiving her somehow. Tink seemed to finally come to life again in the other fairy's embrace, her own small arms curling around a slender frame in something akin to relief.

She hadn't expected to find anyone out here, had simply been seeking a way back to camp with more of her supplies. Perhaps the world wasn't as horrid as she'd given it credit for. Something, somewhere had to have some sort of good intention if it chose to place her in a situation where she might find someone familiar. Even if the doubts began to creep in the moment she drew away from the other's hug. Those same and all too familiar inner demons that reminded her of the mess she'd made before the darkness had torn its way through pixie hollow. Did Zarina know? Had she been there? For the life of her, she couldn't remember.

She'd gotten rather adept at hiding those thoughts and emotions from the world around her. The fears she harbored every time she found herself in the presence of someone familiar. A sheepish little smile of apology spreading across her face as one hand moved to scratch absently at the back of her head. "Did I? I'm sorry- you gave me a bit of a scare too." Not that difficult all the way out here. Experience had a knack of making sure you paid close mind to the surrounding environment in case some horrible beast lurked waiting to strike.

"I'm alone- well- sort of." A turn of her head, and a click of her tongue against her bottom teeth signaled the approach of Cheddar. The rat peeking its rather large head through blades of grass and sniffing at the space that seperated him from the two fairies. Curious, dark eyes jumping from one to the other. "Cheddar and I just crossed back from the portal...we were hoping to find our way back to the resistance camp." She shrugged, one hand moving to rub at the opposite elbow, eyes flicking to the dirt beneath her feet. "I was kind of hoping it'd drop us off a bit closer, but it left us here instead." Her head lifted, curiosity of her own making her brows furrow. "How about you? What are you doing out here?"

Her question sort of hung in the air, lips pressing together at the other fairies last words. "Help?" her wings perked up, and she straightened slightly. "Of course I'll help, anything you need."

f a i r y d u s t

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
zelda rowena noakes
 Posted: Oct 27 2017, 12:17 PM

zarina
  the pirate fairy
  22 years old
  solo
  bisexy

loor (she/hers)
 99 POSTS

awards

The encounter was surreal. Zarina's tiny heart continued to pitter-patter in her chest, adrenaline filtering through her system. Meeting a fairy in a land of monsters was like finding a needle in a haystack. What were the odds that this wasn't some demented dream? Zelda would snap awake at the stressful adventure's peak, wheezing and sweaty in her bed. Yet even as she thought of the possibility, the fairy knew it wasn't true. She remembered crossing through the portal with perfect clarity. In dreams, Z had no memory, only the present. The shock lingering in her stare, she attempted to process the reality of Tink's appearance. Sighing and patting her chest, Zarina reached out and squeezed her peer's shoulder. Her skin felt real enough.

"I'm so glad to see you," she repeated. Every little piece of Pixie Hollow she discovered (after all the destruction and death) fed the fire of hope within her. It was like the universe was trying to tell her not to give up, to perceive the potential in everything. That was Zarina's nature, after all. Much like her tinker fairy friend, Z tried to conjure solutions and innovation to any dilemma. It was this can-do attitude that had ultimately led to her current predicament. Z had jumped the gun with this antidote plan, she accepted that the moment she'd heard the rustling behind her back. By the grace of some divine luck, the fright had morphed into delight. Zarina couldn't complete her mission alone, but maybe, just maybe, if Tink and Cheddar could join her cause, they'd save lives. Hopefully her blonde counterpart would agree to take the risk.

"Cheddar!" She exclaimed softly, keeping her voice down despite her excitement. Her wings flittered in spite of their uselessness. "I came from camp," she informed the two. "There's.... there's this sickness spreading. It's not just a sickness though, it's some kind of poisoning. The - the scout who contracted it came from the lake." She explained, hoping it was coherent. Z was plainly energetic, strained from the high-stakes situation. She forced herself to pause, knowing her enthusiasm had a tendency to get ahead of her. Inhaling and exhaling to center herself, she continued. "I think I can make an antidote, if I can find the source." Her thin mouth stretched into an imploring smile. "I know it's risky, but I have to try. Would you.... would you please help? I could really use an extra pair of hands. And paws." The plea rang uncomfortable and awkward. Zarina loathed to ask for help, but she also despised herself for asking Tinkerbell and Cheddar to take to this gamble. She was a smart cookie; some part of her knew that the tinker would likely feel obligated to assist. After all, lives were at risk. But the dust-keeper didn't wish to sensationalize any more than necessary. If required, she would continue the trek solo. Even so, she ached for company. Despite her brave front, Z was an ant amongst giants. She was afraid.

tamzin clara wright
PM
^
tamzin clara wright
 Posted: Jul 23 2018, 12:24 AM

tinkerbell
  Tinker bell
  22 years old
  single
  homosexual
  SHE | HER
  sam (SHE | HER)
 102 POSTS

awards

"I'm glad to see you too." A soft smile accompanying her words, taking comfort in the weight of the other fairy's hand on her shoulder. These meetings were always so unnecessarily stressful. On the one hand she was beyond happy to see that yet another fairy was alive and safe, on the other she couldn't help but think of Spring. Or that while she'd managed to find one of the small group she'd gotten to know in Pixie Hollow, there were still so many others she hadn't seen or heard from. So many fairies who might still be lost out there somewhere....or worse. Having experienced the darkness firsthand it wasn't hard to imagine all the horrible things that could happen when you were so small, and when your pixie dust ran out.

Sensing that the stranger was safe Cheddar eased further into the clearing. Head moving to nuzzle against Tink's side, before extending to do the same to Zarina. A small cart was strapped to his back. At first glance it looked to be filled with nothing but a pile of trash and random knickknacks, but she'd brought those items over for a reason. Most if not all of them would help her to repair and modify the weapons and other items the resistance used. Sure, it might not be her talent's original intended purpose, but you did what needed to be done. Especially when it could mean the difference between a live soldier and a dead one.

Just like she hated hearing when one of the soldiers got hurt, finding out that some sickness was spreading in the camp made her heart sink. Unconsciously her hand moved to her chest, eyes widening. "You really think it's poison?" Neither option was pleasant, and their numbers were so depleted already as is. If what Zarina was saying was true ( and she had no reason to believe otherwise ) then maybe there was a reason the portal hadn't left her closer to the camp.

One hand settling on her pet's head, she scratched lightly at his fur. Her eyes flicking to the ground to think. Option-wise there wasn't many. She could head back to camp, but there was nothing she could do there on her own, and she wasn't about to just leave and return to San Francisco. Not when she'd just found Zarina and certainly not to let her go off seeking danger alone. Decision made, she straightened her shoulders. "Alright." One hand clenched into a fist and striking against her palm. "I'm in." She believed that if there was anyone who could figure this out, it was Zarina, and she was more then happy to help in anyway she could.

Was this possibly a stupid and overly-dangerous risk? Yes. She could hear Emmett's admonishment from her last near-death encounter plain as day in the back of her mind, and her own chastising, but she chose to ignore both. Stuffing them in a little box and brushing them aside to focus intently on the other fairy. "We can use the cart to bring back samples, and ride on Cheddar to get their faster."

f a i r y d u s t

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

topic options
addreply
newthread
newpoll

static affiliates | status: open