ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY -> suspicious minds { [ToT]
click to rearrange
a bit quiet? join us on
discord!

endless diamond sky 
spotlights
BECCA

Becca is yet another member that has returned to us, and was sorely missed in her absence. As much a part of the family as though she'd been here from the very beginning. She's always welcoming, always kind and supportive, and most importantly ready to offer all the magical feels-breaking plots you could ever ask for. So don't forget to show her your love next time you see her!

MEMBER OF THE MONTH
PAIR OF THE MONTH

SKYLAR CASSIDY & WILLIAM CALIBUR

THREAD OF THE MONTH

MELT YOUR HEADACHE
NICCOLO THANASIS & COSMO BENNET

KATRINA HECTOR
charas of the month

MORTIMER WYNTER
welcome!
Welcome to ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY! We are an animation personified site set both in the animated world and present day San Francisco. A terrible darkness is spreading through the animated realm, driving everyone from their homes and into unknown territory that we know as reality. Now they find themselves at a crossroads: do they fight for their world or do they turn their back on it and make San Francisco their home? What will you choose?

setting 
san francisco, calif. 2018

___

please register
first middle last
in all lowercase!
AMANDA (admin)
SAM (admin)
FOREST (admin)
POND (mod)
ALLIE (mod)
staff
DISCLAIMER:
EDS is known to cause death by soul-crushing feels. Don't forget your feels bucket.

addreply
newthread
newpoll

suspicious minds { [ToT], tag: emilia / pond
emaline marais irving
 Posted: Nov 11 2016, 09:50 AM

remember i said last night, that you're my precious secret?.

marnie
  when marnie was there
  29 years old
  single
  ladies mostly

loor ()
 114 POSTS

awards

[Is that... The real Elvis?]

October brought anxiety. In the store fronts, in the minds of children, and on the TV screens, ghostly images abounded. Society collectively delved into the darker reaches of their imaginations, spooking one another with eerie tales of the unexplained. Monsters under the bed. Shadows crawling out of dark alleys. Mysterious winds blowing through creaking tree limbs. The first time she experienced Halloween in the health ward, Emaline went into a comatose state for a week. She saw costumes outside her window. Half of them were regular people in the midst of revelry, yet there were spectres drifting in the empty spaces. Incapable of discerning the real from the mystic, the woman assumed she had lost all touch with the living world. Panic had her pounding at the walls and clawing at her skin until it was swollen and bruised.

Following a capacious desensitization process, Marnie managed her second year with coping mechanisms. It wasn't until year four that she was able to leave her apartment on October thirty-first. The entire month was a preparation for the fateful eve. Despite her fretful nerves and poor courage, the medium had grown tired. Constant anxiety depleted her ability to execute basic functions. Emaline was impatient. She didn't wish to spend the remainder of her second life cordoned in a locked room for one month out of twelve.

Doctor Kormani always said that fears can be conquered with a tiny drop of courage. Emaline hated the advice at the time, but (as with much of the tactics she learned in treatment) it carried truth. Do the opposite of what you feel. She could hear his level tone in her mind as she meandered down the street, passing all manner of vendors. The city held a variety of Halloween fairs and events throughout the month. Union Square had morphed into a festival of autumn-themed food, drink, and entertainment. Marnie took another bite of her sticky caramel apple, licking her lips as the sugar melted on her tongue. So far the evening was alright. She smiled at children playing a game involving smashing pumpkins against a bullseye.

Pausing by a kettle corn stand, Emaline finished the last few nibbles of her treat and tossed it into a garbage can. Licking her fingers childishly, a flash of reflected light caught her eye. In the middle of the path, a white-suited Elvis danced alone to the peppy music floating across the loudspeakers. Intrigued, she smiled as he gyrated his hips - it was a near perfect recreation. He twisted around to face her. Marnie's heartbeat picked up. He looked identical to the King himself. She sucked in air, gaping. Could it really be? Impulsive nature taking over, she clomped over to the figure. "Elvis Presley?!" She almost shrieked. A few passerby glanced at her momentarily, their faces contorting in confusion. Emaline was oblivious. "I love your music, I grew up with your voice on the radio," she blurted quickly. For some reason, he was hardly looking at her. Her eyebrows furrowed. "You know..."

Marnie cleared her throat and began to sing to the identical imposter before her. "We can't go on together with suspicious minds..." He still seemed to be staring through her. Suddenly doubtful of his presence, Emaline started to wring her hands together, her singing trailing off. "....and we can't build our dreams on suspicious minds...Hello?" He smirked and walked towards her, his face inching closer and closer to hers. Just when her breath hitched in her chest (was he trying to kiss her?) his face faded into fog. A pressure rushed through her skin and Emaline gasped. She whirled around. Elvis was walking away behind her. Did he walk... through her? Marnie's bottom lip quivered. Just as she was about to run headfirst after the strange vision, he turned back to her and gave the classic Elvis Presley wave. Speechless, she watched, stunned, as the figure faded away into the crowd. The blonde stood, dumbstruck and still in the midst of the crowd.

emilia catrina la amada • 671 • outfit

--------------------
user posted image
© SAM <3
PM
^
emilia catrina la amada
 Posted: Dec 11 2016, 11:02 PM

i do..

la muerte
  the book of life
  35 years old
  married
  pansexual
  she/her
  pond (she/her)
 134 POSTS

awards

All the world is made of stories.
I will stand by you Even when we fall I will be the rock, that holds you up and lifts you high so you stand tall I won't let you go No one can take your place a couple fights & lonely nights Don't make it right to let it go to waste

This was the time that Emilia shined. It was the time her tattoos glowed brighter and her entire being was far brighter. After all, this was her time of the year. The time where death was celebrated, and those who had passed were worshiped and brought back to life by those who cared for them in ways no one could truly understand. This was the month where her people, her world could celebrate everything more than ever before. They were, for once, incredibly important. They could come back, they could watch their family for just a short period of time and feel like they were together again. Each and every day had been a party in the Land of the Remembered, but these holiday times were when things amped up. They had parades, and feasts, and so much more as Halloween and Day of the Dead passed. Those times were the very best, and ones she never wanted to see end. Of course being forced into another world changed things, but she still celebrated just as much.

Halloween was a wonderful evening- with children running around and laughter filling the air, what could be better? Nothing, not really. She loved it all, from the candy to the costumes. Yes, some could be horrible, and some of the children didn’t deserve the treats… But it was a night of fun, not a night to be a grinch, nor anything like that. It was a night of celebration to her, of what was soon to come. Her own day, the one that mattered more than anything in her life. It was the single day that, for so long, she was allowed to leave home because of. It was the day she could explore a new world and see so many new things. It was the day she could watch a group of children to see who would fall in love with who… It was wonderful. Emilia could not have asked for a better life, not in the end, no matter where she was now.

She locked up the bookstore a bit early, leaving a bowl of candy outside, intent on simply walking around town for the evening. This was the night that the dead could come back and walk alongside their human counterparts, and it was simply amazing to watch. She wanted to see them, to smile and talk with them and let them know they were truly cared for. There were so many people for her to meet here, of both kinds, and what could be better? Not much- but walking into a fair was amazing. It was a small thing, but certainly wonderful, with good smells and treats everywhere. Where would she start though? This would certainly be the place to be as things got later and later, especially as the dead kept on coming back.

Her eyes fell upon a young woman who spoke to someone that others couldn’t see- but Emilia could. A floating soul, one Elvis Presley, a man that many in the world knew and loved. She had heard some of his music, and knew of his death… But what was he doing here? He had passed a long time ago, yet his soul seemed as active as ever. It made her smile, to watch him sing and dance around! It was absolutely lovely. The young woman seemed a little different as well- almost as if her soul was not entirely there. But why? Perhaps she would have to talk to her, and as Elvis went away, that was certain they would have to talk. Emilia seemed to float over the girl, ”Hola, miha!” she grinned, ”I saw him too.” Emilia winked, ”You are no more crazy than I.”

emaline marais irving | 632 | spoop babs | outfit | ♥ amanda

--------------------
user posted image
sam <3
PM
^
emaline marais irving
 Posted: Aug 28 2017, 03:33 PM

marnie
  when marnie was there
  29 years old
  single
  ladies mostly

loor ()
 114 POSTS

awards

Dumbstruck and lightheaded, the medium stared blankly into the stream of costumed festival-goers. While she lived much of her waking life in various states of terror, Emaline did not tremble with dread. Rather, a haze not unlike a blanket settled over the crown of her head, blurring the carnival's stimuli. Zoning out, she attracted puzzled looks from passerby, but in the midst of bodies she was mostly ignored. Dazed, the blonde couldn't wrap her mind around the encounter. Nearly every spirit she encountered was leech-like, desperate to cling to her psyche. Elvis (if that wavering sight was real after all) had merely greeted her like an old friend and sauntered down the road. She didn't know what to make of it. Her fingers itched with impulsive anxiety, worried that the door within her third eye had opened wide for all the nearby ghouls to see. Marnie did not need to dart around the crowd to determine who was living. Mr. Presley (and his ilk) carried a telltale glow in the evening gloom.

Like a rabbit frozen before the fox, the fretful woman waited for the vultures to descend. She was numb with confusion and unease, anticipating a slew of hate and despair. The moments ticked by, people brushed past her shoulders as her sticky hands cooled. Nothing came.

"Hola, miha!"

Slow as an owl, her pale face turned to find a tan smile. She blinked several times, confused by the peculiar words coming from the stranger's mouth. Marnie didn't respond right away, perplexed. Her jaw drooped as the enthusiastic, sultry brunette whispered her secret. Blinking several times, her tongue felt dry. "N-no, my name is Marnie," she corrected, thinking the foreigner had mistaken her for this 'Miha' person. "And I'm not crazy," she snapped abruptly, her voice cracking on 'not'. Her brain was churning in reverse, hardly processing the admission of the stranger's sighting. "You... saw it? Saw him?" The haze was fading. Shock spurred her back to earth. Still she remained plastered in place, languishing to keep pace with the sequence of events. "How? I thought..." She paused, unsure whether to finish the sentence as initially intended. Choosing to divert, Emaline continued in a hoarse, low tone. "...I thought I was dreaming." The dishonest admission caused her to drop her eyes from the bright-faced newcomer's.

emilia catrina la amada • 390 • outfit

--------------------
user posted image
© SAM <3
PM
^
emilia catrina la amada
 Posted: Nov 24 2017, 01:15 AM

i do..

la muerte
  the book of life
  35 years old
  married
  pansexual
  she/her
  pond (she/her)
 134 POSTS

awards

I will stand by you Even when we fall I will be the rock, that holds you up and lifts you high so you stand tall I won't let you go No one can take your place a couple fights & lonely nights Don't make it right to let it go to waste

This was a situation she didn’t often expect to see. A situation that was a bit strange, a situation that did not often occur. Humans were either human or not. They were rarely, actually, ghosts. Perhaps that was just the magic of Halloween? It would make things different, after all. Just like the Day of the Dead back home- certain times of the year just seemed a bit more magical, even in this world. Sometimes the arch did odd things, just as the people did around them. Plenty of magical beings were about, and plenty of them had powers Emilia could not even begin to understand, even as a Goddess herself. After all, her world only had certain abilities. Only the gods were truly powerful, among them Emilia, Xibalba, and the Candlemaker, but there were many others. They all had different skills, different abilities- but bringing the long dead back? That was close to impossible. Even Emilia could only do it for a short period of time.

Yet he had to be real. There was a solidness to his body, yet still something… Clear? Obviously he had walked through the young woman, although she did not seem entirely there either. There was just a bit missing to her as well. But how? Why? Was she truly there? These were questions Emilia would have to ask, when the moment was right. For now, she would have to talk to her, keep her calm, as Marnie did not seem to understand all the Goddess was saying. She meant no harm or offense- it was just the way the woman worked. They would just have to talk. ”Oh, miha,” Emilia shook her head, ”It is daughter. Not the name of anyone, do not worry.” she smiled softly, ”I hope you do not take offense to anything I have said.” she just wanted to be a friend, be someone Marnie did not have to worry about. After all, Emilia believed far more than most.

”I did see him. It. Whatever it was.” Emilia nodded, ”He was a ghost, or something. Perhaps a spirit. Who knows? With Halloween about, everything sees to change.” the Goddess watched as the young woman looked away. There seemed to be so much going on to her, so much on her mind, ”Do you dream like that often, my dear?” it was odd to use English so much, but Emilia didn’t want to worry her. She just wanted to talk, ”If so, I’d like to be there!” she paused, ”My name is Emilia. It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

--------------------
user posted image
sam <3
PM
^
emaline marais irving
 Posted: Feb 28 2018, 10:45 PM

marnie
  when marnie was there
  29 years old
  single
  ladies mostly

loor ()
 114 POSTS

awards

When faced with a condition such as hers, one grew adept at developing a cheat sheet. Reality was subjective, that was true for everyone. When the state of the world became as unmoored as her own, it was vital to send out a test at intervals. The fraught medium had been deceived by so many spirits, energies, and ghosts. Just when she felt safe, the rug would be swept from beneath her; a stranger would walk through, make a face, or ask her to whom she was talking. Others posed a greater challenge. If they were smart enough to avoid obvious interference, it became near impossible for Marnie to be sure of their physical presence. In those situations, it fell on her shoulders to identify and look for a 'tell', like in card games.

Her favorite trick was to observe others' faces in the passing crowd. No matter how crazy she became, no otherworldly essence could conjure an entire world to ensnare her; the only place that could happen was in the poor woman's dreams. Humans naturally glanced at other faces. Marnie had witnessed this firsthand on public transit, in the shop on any given day. Standing in the middle of the autumnal holiday crowd, Emaline darted looks to the passerby weaving around them. If this foreign woman living among the San Franciscans, their body language would tell her so. Sure enough, she spotted a young child gaping up at her dark-haired companion within moments. His unrestrained stare reassured the skittish blonde. Though she was peculiar and unbelievably in-tune with the astral plane, she had a tangible form. The pale lady clad in black released a breath, imposing calm where there was none.

"I don't mean to," she asserted firmly. "I apologize, I didn't realize... I'm not from here," she stuttered clumsily, grasping for an excuse. The air-headed woman hadn't even processed the possibility that this elder newcomer with the thick accent was speaking a different language. Stupid! You speak Japanese, remember? Emaline swallowed a burgeoning lump in her esophagus. Eager to suppress the carnelian blush screaming down her ears and the bridge of her nose, she nodded fiercely at the stranger's question.

"Yes, I do... I... I see them everywhere," she confessed. "Most of them... oh, they frighten me so!" Her expression grew wide, lips shaking instantaneously. Everyone she spoke to about the visions looked at her as if she had a contagious, lethal disease. To find an exception, an elegant mistress of the night who did not think twice about the existence phantasmal beings? It was like winning the ghost lottery. Marnie clasped her fingers together, fidgeting. She was growing anxious, standing prolonged in the center of that river of pushing figures. "Nice to meet you, Emilia. My name is Marnie," she responded, considering her rash introduction after the fact. This was the first time she'd given her original name to someone she greeted. And she's also the only person who's ever seen the same things as you.

"Emilia, would you like... to get some popcorn with me?" Marnie pointed to the stalls past their left. "I'm sure I'd like to get to know you better," she attempted to regain her hardwired composure with a compliment. Her worried-over palms had started to sweat.

emilia catrina la amada • 549 • outfit

--------------------
user posted image
© SAM <3
PM
^
emilia catrina la amada
 Posted: May 16 2018, 03:43 PM

i do..

la muerte
  the book of life
  35 years old
  married
  pansexual
  she/her
  pond (she/her)
 134 POSTS

awards

This was such a beautiful holiday, full of colors and brightness and wonderful things. The fall air was brisk, but a welcomed change from the often humid afternoons and evenings. Emilia truly felt alive when the seasons came to change, and when she could celebrate all that she held dear. Dia de los muertos was the biggest to her by far, being the day where she would set up her entire store in a new way, and use just a bit of magic to bring in more customers. There were drinks and music and everything anyone needed to have a celebration. Could some think she was a bit crazy? Perhaps, but the goddess didn’t mind. All that mattered was bringing the spirits of the dead back, and celebrating them in a way she held dear. Their stories would continue to be told for as long as possible, as she would keep an eye on them all.

Seeing the true faces of others was an odd ability, especially in a world like this. It truly allowed Emilia to know who was not from this world, so long as they happened to be dead. Or special, as she put it. Those like Death himself held auras that were just as strange as those who were dead, only with a slight twist on it all. The woman in front of her was one of those, someone different yet special. The look on her face, confused yet understanding, made a bit of sense when she put it all together. This obviously was not the young woman’s first time with such an experience, but it still seemed a bit uncomfortable. Perhaps it was simply because the dead they saw was someone famous? Emilia had to admit, she didn’t know much about this world, but the more she learned, the more intrigued she was by the whole thing. What exactly did happen to the man they just saw walk by? Where had he gone? Part of the goddess wanted to follow and speak with him, while another part wanted to speak to this woman. There were many questions, and she was certain she would hear quite a story once the whole thing was over.

There were others around with strange faces around her, but those were not important, not now. Emilia had her target, and she wanted to learn. Why was she watching everyone with such curiosity? She smiled at Marnie, ”Don’t worry, I can tell.” of course, Emilia wasn’t from here either. She hailed from somewhere similar, though- enough so that she could pretend to be from this place. ”I see.” the goddess took in all the information that was shared with her. The poor woman, unsure and unafraid of all that was happening to her. Perhaps it was a new ability, one she learned in this world? Emilia had no struggle in adjusting as she was surrounded by all sorts of people like this, but this was different. She smiled again, ”Do not be afraid, they cannot hurt us. Not today.” she shook her head. They could just walk around like others, interacting only if they wished, ”Tonight is a special night.” she spoke aloud as she watched the crowds move by.

”It’s wonderful to meet you, and I would love to spend time in your company.” the goddess grinned. Someone wanted to speak with her first? Now this was a change from the norm, ”I feel like we have a lot to share, hm? I think popcorn would be the best way to chat.”

--------------------
user posted image
sam <3
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

topic options
addreply
newthread
newpoll

static affiliates | status: open