ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY -> Gru, Margaret Bea
click to rearrange
a bit quiet? join us on
discord!

endless diamond sky 
spotlights
WENDY

A lover of AUs and a master of causing the feels, Wendy is always at the ready to offer love and support to her fellow members. Her posts are lovingly constructed, detailed, and every character speaks in their own voice; from the lovable Cadi to the villainous Cala. EDS wouldn't be the same without her, so go show her some love!

MEMBER OF THE MONTH
PAIR OF THE MONTH

ZELDA NOAKES & TERENCE HALLOWS

THREAD OF THE MONTH

LITTLE SHOP 'O HADES
NICCOLÒ THANASIS & PERSIE ANTHOS

NIAMH ROSS
charas of the month

MARTINE ANKER
welcome!
Welcome to ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY! We are an animation personified site set both in the animated world and present day San Francisco. A terrible darkness is spreading through the animated realm, driving everyone from their homes and into unknown territory that we know as reality. Now they find themselves at a crossroads: do they fight for their world or do they turn their back on it and make San Francisco their home? What will you choose?

setting 
san francisco, calif. 2018

___

please register
first middle last
in all lowercase!
AMANDA (admin)
SAM (admin)
FOREST (admin)
POND (mod)
ALLIE (mod)
staff
DISCLAIMER:
EDS is known to cause death by soul-crushing feels. Don't forget your feels bucket.

addreply
newthread
newpoll

Gru, Margaret Bea, 27 | Margo | Alexis Bledel
margaret bea gru
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 07:37 PM

Margo
  Despicable Me
  27 years old
  Single
  Straight
  She/Her
  Kitty (She/Her)
 2 POSTS

awards

Margaret Bea Gru

Margo ★ Despicable Me ★ Alexis Bledel ★ Heroine ★ 27

"What do you remember?" asked the smooth voice of the woman across from her. She wished to automatically answer everything but was that actually true? She remembered her sisters, no, adopted sisters, Edith and Agnes. She remembered the strange, yet fun man, Gru who adopted them. She remembered Agnes's birthday party, Gru dressed up as a fairy princess since the one he hired fell through. She remembered darkness, and the few years after that, in which she has been living in Haven Hill, trying to figure out how to live as an adult in an adult body. It was hard to know how old she was at this point, at least what age the rest of the world saw, but at Agnes's party she was 12 and it had been four years. She certainly felt 16, though she knew she looked at least ten years older than she truly was inside.

A voice snapped her back into focus and she shook her head as the voice repeated itself. "Do you remember who you were before?" It asked, sounding only mildly concerned, though the face in front of her tried it's best to look a mixture of worried and comforting. "My name was Margo Bia Gru," she recited the words she'd spoken to the woman several times before, "for my safety, we changed it to Margaret Bea Gru. I had two adopted sisters, an adoptive father, a "dog" and lived with that family, as well as many of my dad's "cousins". " The counselor nodded encouragingly. "And what's the earliest thing you can remember dear?" The question made her pause.

She remembered the storm. Thunder, lightning, the sky swirling with dark rain clouds. She was alone, as she had been since she was very young. All she could do was hide from the rage in the wind and the ferocity of the pelting rain. She could only cower in a doorway, squeezed against the wall beside the large building's door and shivering. She sat there for hours before the door opened, an older teenaged girl walking out, a giant bag of trash over one shoulder. She walked right past the little girl, hurrying to the curb and dumping the trash in the large metal can before turning back, head ducked. She didn't even see Margo until she was back at the steps up the doorway, the little girl's head ducked, clothes soaked as she huddled and shivered.

Margo didn't remember anything about her biological parents. She only knew she was alone until the age of nine when she was taken in by an older girl to Miss Hattie's Home for Girls. Her older friend soon left later that year, she couldn't remember why. She must have been adopted, or maybe she just finally reached 18. Then she was alone again. But now she at least had a roof over her head, though selling her cookies and spending days at a time in the Box of Shame.

"Do you remember the orphanage you told me about?" The shrink asked, her expression now changing to a look of pity. Margo Margaret nodded silently, eyes downcast as the woman wrote some notes in her journal. It was one whole year's worth of loneliness (in which she took up ballet) before she met Edith and Agnes. The three of them were assigned to sell their cookies together, and since then they'd become inseparable. She always did her best to protect the two young girls, taking the punishments and standing up for them as best as a ten-year-old could. Within a year they were adopted, and the rest was too painful to even think about it.

A small grin graced her face. It was ironic to think the worst parts of her life were less painful than the greatest parts, but it was true. "Well Margaret, today's time is up, anything else you'd like to add before you go?" She almost said there's plenty of time left in the day actually but bit her tongue, shaking her head with a polite smile as both she and the woman rose from their chairs and exchanged their goodbyes.

character basics

NAME:
Margaret ~ Because Margo is often looked at like a pet-name to Margaret and is from the Greek Margarītēs, which is derived from maragon (a pearl), which I think is awesome!

Bea ~ This name is very similarly pronounced to Bia and she thought it sounded rather elegant, like a proper dancer's name should.

Gru ~ She just couldn't bear to change her last name!

PLAYBY:
Alexis Bledel: She has the same general face shape as margo, same hair color, and just, in general, reminds me of her. She also has some pictures that I love that scream margo and are just... <3

BIRTHDAY:
August 21

Margaret works part-time at an orphanage. She knows firsthand how tough it can be there, and wants to make it the best experience possible for the kids. She also is also continuing her ballet lessons most days after her morning shifts at work.

POWERS & ABILITIES:
Margaret is especially smart and witty and has good street smarts from life before the orphanage. She is human though, so nothing other than things a regular human could do.

PERSONALITY:
Margo is adorable and sweet and amazing and... well, once you get to know her. Problem is, she isn't very trusting of people, and she's sarcastic, and she's really pretty smart so she will find something sarcastic to say, and in the absence of that, something to manipulate you with. Her wit sometimes gets the better of her, and she's a bit judgemental, so she may come off as rude, but she really isn't intentionally mean. If you understand her well enough, with her sarcastic, somewhat dark humor, you could actually find her funny! She is extremely overprotective of her family, and anyone who she gets close to, making her sometimes seem like she doesn't like her fun, but she most definitely does. Being away from her sisters has lightened this some, and she's learned to let go more, especially when she's by herself or with someone she doesn't know very well.

BACKGROUND:
I basically kept true to the movie, only adding a bit to the girls' past before they were adopted/came to the orphanage.

CANON CUTOFF:
Following the others in the canon, the cutoff was right after Agnes's birthday party.

played by Kitty

PM
^
margaret bea gru
 Posted: Apr 13 2018, 10:32 PM

Margo
  Despicable Me
  27 years old
  Single
  Straight
  She/Her
  Kitty (She/Her)
 2 POSTS

awards

And She's ready to venture into the world!
user posted image
PM
^
★AMANDA
 Posted: Apr 16 2018, 10:03 PM

We must do better..

Betty Cooper
  Riverdale
  24 years old
  WITH EDS
  IN LOVE
  SHE/HER
  AMANDA (SHE/HER)
 664 POSTS

awards

ACCEPTED
Welcome - you are now officially a member of Endless Diamond Sky! Please be sure to complete your claims immediately before you hit the boards!
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

topic options
addreply
newthread
newpoll

static affiliates | status: open