welcome home!

newtopic
newpoll

you've got a friend in me, pond & barnaby!
clementine agnes gru
 Posted on: Jan 12 2018, 01:40 AM
Agnes
❝ It's so fluffy, I'm gonna die! ❞
Despicable Me
5'1"
heteroflexible
single

Lauren

The stray light that managed to peek through the blinds practically blinded Clementine as she blinked her eyes twice before opened them fully. Only once they were opened did the pounding, obviously hangover headache make itself present, making the small brunette immediately close her eyes and burrow herself farther into the blankets. As she stretched her legs out, she accidentally kicked something gently. More like someone, a person, by the feel of it. Her eyes forced themselves open at the impact, Clementine finally realizing that she was in a strange room and a strange bed. How did this even happen? The night before was fuzzy, thanks alcohol, but she knew for certain that she had drank far more than she should have and that she obviously had a good time of some sort. Hopefully, she hadn't lost her phone or wallet, as that would be an incredibly big issue that her clouded mind had no idea how to fix. She then realized that she did have clothes on, not really though as the only garments she was wearing were a lacy bra and matching briefs. At least she did actually remember putting these on before going out the night before.

Now to address whoever she had accidentally kicked just moments before, as that would probably be an incredibly unpleasant way to wake up in the morning. The brunette carefully rolled over to her other side, as to not bump into the other person too much, the strap of her baby pink bralette getting twisted in the process. The person that she saw was not someone that she was expecting at all. "Barnaby?" The same guy that she had bumped into at an art store as well as the Harvest Feast, a good friend of hers that always seemed to be distracted by something else other than their conversation. Just to make sure he actually was awake, she poked his exposed shoulder a few times in order to do so. After the confirmation, only then did she start to process the situation that she was currently in. "Wait!" Clementine paused for a moment to try to piece the puzzle together, despite the haze making it almost impossible to do so. They slowly clicked into place as she started more closely observing her surroundings. "Did we-?" The thought of which was not something that she had ever really considered with him, of all people.

401 words
tag: barnaby owen brown
\o/

— ASHNIRAI

--------------------
user posted image
^
barnaby owen brown
 Posted on: Jan 12 2018, 02:05 AM
bob
❝ BANANAAA ❞
minions
5'8"
whaaaa
babatu?

pond

He didn’t often have nights he couldn’t remember, but when he did, they were incredible- even if he didn’t know a single detail about whatever happened. Oftentimes they were nights full of dancing and drinking and making deals that Barnaby knew he would never ever fulfill. Sometimes they involved going home with a beautiful woman and sneaking out the next morning before she awoke- Barnaby certainly wasn’t one for commitment by any standards. He really had it all figured out, as far as he was concerned. Get laid and get out before anyone knew what happened, other than the pair of them. Of course, he spoke like this happened far more often than it actually did, as Barnaby spent far more time trying to work on various evil plans than trying to hookup with someone he happened to meet at a bar the night before.

Actually, no- he did remember something. A brief spark of a thought came to him in between the pounds against his forehead. He had met with Clementine, the orange girl, the night before. Why he had agreed to meet her he wasn’t sure, but he knew it wouldn’t be any sort of date. In fact, he did his best to make that entirely clear. She wasn’t his type, not by a longshot, and she always got in his way. What if she found out about his plans? Not that that was currently anything important, and not nearly as present as the pain in his head. Just exactly how much had he had to drink the night before? Was Clementine involved? Honestly, everything after the start of the night was a blur.

He scrunched his face up a few times, trying to remove the pressure on his forehead, before he even tried to start moving. And even before that, he noticed something a bit more- a kick against his leg. But how? This was his apartment, his bed. One of Barnaby’s many rules about hookups was the fact that they couldn’t happen at his apartment… Obviously that one was broken. Another moment passed and he realized he wasn’t wearing pants, or a shirt, or even underwear. Well that was a new one. He searched his mind for any other memories of the previous night, only coming up with ideas about, well, sex. And he couldn’t even be sure if those were true, seeing as he wasn’t even sure who he was in bed with at the current moment in time. The poking at his shoulder was enough to make him move it, and enough to start him on the path of waking up- which was considerably more challenging with a hangover.

It only took one word, however, for his eyes to shoot open, allowing the blinding light to peak in through the blinds. What time was it? No, that didn’t matter. The voice did.

Clementine.

Had they? No. They couldn’t have, although all evidence seemed to point towards it. He sat up as she spoke, making sure he was fully covered with the blankets, ”Did we…” he repeated her words, the sleep still heavy in his voice, ”I think… I think all signs point to yes.” Barnaby pointed to her bralette, ”It’s cute, though.”

TOM HARDY MADE ME THIS BRACELET
^
clementine agnes gru
 Posted on: Jan 12 2018, 01:13 PM
Agnes
Despicable Me
5'1"
heteroflexible
single

Lauren

It’s not that she hadn’t had one night stands before. Clem was a college student that had her own off campus apartment that she didn’t share with anyone, so it was inevitable, especially since she did go out whenever she had a free moment. Of course, this had been occurring less and less often, as her classes had been ramping up as she made her way towards graduation and eventually working on getting her doctorate. However, a night out with some harmless fun was always a great way to relieve stress and she wasn’t complaining too much, yet. There were plenty of other students that partook in such things and she was able to legally drink, so the brunette saw no fault in what she was doing.

Once her eyes had adjusted to the blinding light, she finally was able to study the room that she was in. It was nothing like her own, it more neutrally colored than the pink and cream colored rooms that she resided in. Now onto whoever was in the bed with her. Barnaby. It’s not that he was bad looking, he was actually quite attractive, it’s just the fact that she had no idea why they would have slept together. It was probably the alcohol, but Clementine wasn’t going to try to figure out the exact answer just yet.

“Um, okay.” She paused and bit her lip, still not able to really process what had happened. The main thing that she had been struggling with was how they got from point a (the bar) to point b (sex at his apartment). Clementine was starting to remember that they had met up for whatever reason the prior night, but anything after that had been wiped away from her mind. She wasn’t exactly sure if she wanted to remember what exactly had occurred, but that would be something that she would deal with later once she was a lot less hungover. “Oh, thanks!” She carefully fixed the strap so it wasn’t twisted against her neck.

Finally, she stretched, realizing that her sight was blurry, probably due to her not wearing her glasses. It wasn’t that her vision was horrible, but it still wasn’t great and she couldn’t handle contacts. The mere idea of shoving something into her eye to be able to see was just a horrifying thought to her. “Do you know where my glasses are?” She yawned, forcing herself to sit up like Barnaby was. “And do you remember anything from last night? I don’t.” The missing memories probably would start flooding back to her after she got some food in her and got rid of the horrible pounding headache.

446 words
\o/

— ASHNIRAI

--------------------
user posted image
^
barnaby owen brown
 Posted on: Jan 12 2018, 02:14 PM
bob
❝ BANANAAA ❞
minions
5'8"
whaaaa
babatu?

pond

By this point in time, Barnaby had lost track of the number of one night stands he had. Some he remembered clearly, others were nothing more than a blur of bodies together in a bed. Really, did the details matter? As long as he was safe, and he always was, he was fine. If he had any sort of plans about going out practically anywhere, the young man brought along what was needed- and trusted himself to behave no matter what state of mind he was in. After all, who wanted a disease? As odd as it possibly seemed, Barnaby didn’t want to end up catching anything- not when he wanted to be important in this world somehow. How could he do that if he was sick? Yep, it was an awful choice, and he just had to hope drunk him would be as cautious as sober him was. He probably was, or maybe he trusted in himself too much. Right now he definitely was feeling that as he realized just exactly who was in his bed next to him.

To be quite honest, Barnaby wouldn’t have cared who was by his side if it was someone, anyone else. But Clementine? Well, at this point, she was almost like a younger and annoying sister to him. Always popping up when she was least expected, and always taking up his time. Though he couldn’t help but feel something towards her- or maybe that was just the alcohol still wearing off. If anything, his feelings were brotherly. Not ‘sleep with me’-y. Yet somehow that was exactly what had happened. What on earth had he gotten up to last night? One moment there was a bar and a good time getting something to drink, and the next he was waking up in bed next to the one person he didn’t want there. (Or maybe he did. At this moment in time, his feelings were definitely all over the place, and the pounding against his forehead was far more apparent than anything else.)

Looking around the room allowed Barnaby to try and piece a few more things together. Clothing on the floor, a purse he couldn’t only assume was Clementine’s… So it appeared like it had been a normal one night stand. His arm was a little sore, but nothing too out of the ordinary as far as he was concerned. Maybe the night just had been a normal one night stand for the pair of them? Well, as normal as it could be with the continued odd relationship between them. He glanced at the girl again. Sure, she was cute, but still not his type. Was she his drunk type? Or was she only not his type because he didn’t want her to fit that role? One way or another, this had still happened, and they were going to have to deal with it. ”No problem.” he spoke just a few words. This was a lot to take in so early in the day, to be honest. All he really wanted was to go back to bed and ignore it all.

He shrugged as she asked about her glasses, looking around to see if he could spot them, ”Oh, over here.” he reached to the nightstand before passing the glasses over, ”I don’t either.” he shook his head, ”But apparently we were careful with your glasses.” better than nothing, right? ”Do you want any coffee or food? I probably have something…” as much as he wanted to just get on with his day, he wanted to figure out what happened far more.

clementine agnes gru - i am sorry he's so wordy
^
clementine agnes gru
 Posted on: Jan 12 2018, 06:41 PM
Agnes
Despicable Me
5'1"
heteroflexible
single

Lauren

The morning after had never been a pleasant experience for her. Most of the time, she managed to sneak out or whoever she had been with left, ensuring that any other interactions between the two of them were kept to the night before. This had happened most of the time, but Clementine had had a couple of times where she had an awkward conversation with someone, but nothing had been as bad as this. From what she did remember, she had known no one that she had a fling with until now. And of course it was someone that she had never thought of sexually, much to her chagrin. She wasn’t trying to put him down, it was just weird, but then again, her hangover headache was making it hard to really think straight about this subject matter. Her judgement when she was drunk wasn’t great, but she always made sure to be safe and not do anything super life threatening. The worst thing that had really occurred was her spending a few hundred dollars on gummy worms on Amazon, a purchase that she had yet to regret as she did have quite a few bags of them scattered around her apartment.

She offered him a sweet smile before replying. “Thank you.” The girl carefully took her glasses from him and cleaned the lenses with the quilt the best that she could before putting them on. After blinking a few times, everything cleared up a lot and she was actually able to see. “Coffee would be great actually. Do you have any Advil? Or something like that? My head is killing me.” Her eyes wandered the room, taking in her surroundings. Luckily, she knew for certain that she didn’t have any classes today, or any plans for that matter, ensuring that she had as much time as needed to do what she needed to do. Clementine couldn’t help but hope that this awkward exchange wouldn’t have to go on for too long, as she could tell that both of them were not exactly enjoying this at all. Getting up would probably be the next best thing to do, so she could make her exit, but they were just so warm and she was in an incredibly comfortable position at the moment. Maybe if she went back to sleep, she would wake up from this and it would end up just being a bad and super weird dream that her brain had somehow cooked up for her. It would make sense, as she had plenty of weird dreams beforehand, none of them every making much sense, but this one probably was the worst of all of them. Clementine felt the need to pinch herself a few times, but from what she could tell, this indeed was real life and not fantasy.

470 words
nothing matters to me anymore except this thread

— ASHNIRAI

--------------------
user posted image
^
barnaby owen brown
 Posted on: Jan 13 2018, 01:46 PM
bob
❝ BANANAAA ❞
minions
5'8"
whaaaa
babatu?

pond

Barnaby had to admit, not being in a rush to leave was a wonderful change of pace. He had time to relax and not have to hope his head wouldn’t kill him. He didn’t have to find a pair of sunglasses to keep even the slightest bit of light from touching his eyes, and he didn’t have to wonder where he’d end up for food. After all, he often left before the sunrise- aka before all of the delicious restaurants were open. That was certainly a positive of it being his own apartment as well, since he knew what he had available and just how much of it there was. Barnaby, in general, just felt a million more times comfortable than ever before. Not that he was going to let this be any sort of reoccurring thing, not by any standards. Doing it somewhere else, with a home to sneak back to, just made things more safe.

What if someone learned things about him that he didn’t want to share?

The more he thought, the more he wondered. In the end, if he were being honest with himself, Barnaby knew very little about the girl in his bed. Sure, they ran into one another time and time again, but it was never much more than that. Never much other than him creating lies and a false life just to keep her from learning anything else about him. And now? His cover was entirely blown, and she knew all about him- it was a good thing they both seemed to have no memories yet of the previous night. Hopefully they hadn’t gotten up to anything too odd, and he hadn’t shared details that weren’t befitting of his ‘life’ she knew of. ”Yeah, I’ve got some of that. Never guessed you wouldn’t be able to hold your alcohol.” he offered with a smile. In such an intimate time, Barnaby was going to be more kind and caring. And probably a million times more awkward.

”So, um,” he paused for a moment, ”I dunno, if you want- I have to put pants on and?” how did he say it? He was completely bare naked under the covers. No socks, no shirt, no nothing. Barnaby didn’t want to get up and just stand there in all his naked glory- he would have prefered making sure Clemetine was comfortable as well. They may have slept together, but without remembering it, he didn’t want to do anything weird. What even could be weird at this point in time? He cleared his throat a little ”Sorry, not used to the mornings after.”

clementine agnes gru
^
clementine agnes gru
 Posted on: Jan 13 2018, 11:38 PM
Agnes
Despicable Me
5'1"
heteroflexible
single

Lauren

Even from the movies that she had seen, Clem knew that mornings after never were good. They were always weird and this one was no exception. Usually, her internal clock would wake her up early just to ensure that this wouldn't occur, but maybe not this time because she already knew the person that she slept with. She didn't appreciate the fact that her body wouldn't do the thing that it typically did, but she would get over it eventually once she dove back into her studies. The brunette was sure that she had a jam-packed schedule the next week, so it would be very easy for her to forget what events had transpired this morning, hopefully. Focusing on things after a wild night out always came easily for her, especially since school was so important to her.

"Good, my head thanks you." Then, she gave him a 'seriously?' look, but tried her best not to come across too bitchy or rude, as she could tell that Barnaby was being sincere. "You seriously couldn't tell? Most people can based on my petite size." Clementine knew by now that she was such a lightweight, only needing a drink or two to get her drunk, which was both annoying and great at the same time. Annoying that it didn't take much but great since it was cheaper this way. Men loved that they wouldn't have to buy her too many drinks, but she always made sure to be on her alert, even when inebriated, just in case. There were plenty of bad people out there, especially in a big city like this, and being that she was a small girl, it made it all the easier for them to get her.

"Um, yeah, that would probably be a good." She blushed a little bit, something that she did much more than she liked to admit, as she got out of the bed the best that she could without lifting the covers up. Clementine began collecting her things from the ground, a skirt, a crop top, a purse, and her shoes before quickly pulling the clothing items on. "I can leave the room if you want, or just stare at my phone if it hopefully didn't die? I completely understand the whole morning after thing too." She really wasn't sure what else to say or do, mostly due to her avoiding situations like such like the plague. Hopefully, things wouldn't be too awkward between the two of them after this, as she did quite like him as a friend. Clem knew for certain, though, that their relationship wouldn't be the way that it was, though. She wasn't sure if this would be good or bad, she would find out soon enough.

455 words
this is all over the place oops

— ASHNIRAI

--------------------
user posted image
^
barnaby owen brown
 Posted on: Jan 14 2018, 01:41 PM
bob
❝ BANANAAA ❞
minions
5'8"
whaaaa
babatu?

pond

If they kept this pace up, Barnaby didn’t think either of them were ever going to leave the room. It was, all in all, an awkward situation. How did you talk? How could you navigate such a time? ‘Soo, thanks for the fuck, see you later’? Maybe that worked in a normal one night stand, where the pair of people in bed had never met before, but this was far from a normal one night stand. Barnaby always managed to sneak out before he had to deal with getting dressed, or talk, or anything, but he knew in those times he would have been far more comfortable. There was just something different, something odd about the fact that he actually knew the girl. That it was someone who repetitively was in his life, and who always managed to be so incredibly cheerful about it. There was no way she actually liked him, right? Not even as a friend? The only friends the man had were those like him- those in the line of trouble.

So what if they had to see one another again after this? Barnaby was sure they would, as Clementine always seemed to find a way to make her way into his life. How would their interactions be the next time they ran into one another? Awkward and terrible, or fine and fun? Honestly, he didn’t know what to expect, or even where to go with his thoughts. For now, he just had to be in the moment, as awkward as it all way. ”Yeah, same. My head is killing me.” he shook his a few times. What on earth had he been drinking? How many rounds? His hangovers never felt so terrible. He couldn’t help but laugh, ”Hey, you never know, size can be deceiving.” he shrugged, ”I’ve seen girls your size drink ten times more than I ever could. Guess you just need more practice.” Clementine was young, wasn’t she? The more Barnaby thought, the less he realized he honestly knew about the girl in his bed.

Maybe he’d fix that, maybe he wouldn’t. He cleared his throat again, although there was certainly nothing blocking it, while Clementine got up and moved around. At least she had been smart enough to put something back on before falling asleep last night- why hadn’t he? Barnaby slept in the nude once in a while, but it wasn’t a normal thing by any standards. Was he honestly that drunk? ”Yeah,” he paused, shrugging again, ”There’s a bathroom the next door over if you want to freshen up or something? I don’t know what girls do…” he rubbed the back of his head, ”You like to sneak out too?”

clementine agnes gru
^
clementine agnes gru
 Posted on: Jan 14 2018, 08:44 PM
Agnes
Despicable Me
5'1"
heteroflexible
single

Lauren

One night stands weren't always Clementine's kind of thing. She really did like the whole idea of being romanced and dating and love and sex mixed in there too, but college boys weren't just into that kind of thing. Their speed was more 'smash and dash,' so she had to adjust accordingly. The whole commitment thing did seem like an awful lot, especially since she had been doing this for a few years by now, but maybe if the right person came along it would be worth it. She could just dream of cute dates at all sorts of locations in the city, like picnicking at the Presidio and going out to dinner at those expensive restaurants in the Financial District, but those were just dreams and probably would never be achieved anytime soon. Dating was something that she'd experience eventually, but with Clem's impending enrollment for her doctorate, it would most likely be sooner than later, as she planned on focusing most, if not all, of her energy on working towards this achievement.

She offered him a smile as he shared her grievances, hoping that it would help a least a little bit as they both were suffering."Yeah, okay. I get the whole deceiving thing." Clementine had to raise an eyebrow to the tolerance thing. She had drank plenty of times before and it hadn't improved, mostly was due to her lack of body mass. There was plenty of science to back that up, especially since she had a classmate that had done a study on this whole idea earlier this year. She wasn't going to argue though, as it was a well-known myth that most people believed in. Maybe it was true, but there was still a chance that it was an old wives' tale.

"Yeah. Most of the time." She left it at that as she exited the bedroom, closing the door most of the way behind her. The bathroom was the next door over, right? That was correct and she stepped into the small room, turning on the light accidentally. The bright fluorescent light practically blinded her, even though her eyes had mostly adjusted to the natural light in Barnaby's room, and it took her at least a couple of moments of gripping the sink to find her bearings. First thing she did was look in the mirror hanging above the sink. Clementine's hair was an absolute mess, which she tried her best to flatten a little bit with some water from the sink. Other than that, she looked mostly intact, which she was quite happy about, so she left the bathroom, now in search of the main living area. It didn't take her very long, but she found the kitchen and the living/dining room connected to it. The brunette plopped down on the couch, waiting for Barnaby to emerge fully dressed so that he could get her something for this absolutely horrible hangover.

489 words
my life blood = this thread

— ASHNIRAI

--------------------
user posted image
^
barnaby owen brown
 Posted on: Yesterday at 09:35 pm
bob
❝ BANANAAA ❞
minions
5'8"
whaaaa
babatu?

pond

If Barnaby were to make a list of things that never made sense, or a list of things that he never thought would happen, not in a million years, this would easily be at the top of it. Of course, only if he thought about it. Barnaby wasn’t exactly the type of guy to go around thinking about which of his friends or acquaintances he wanted to fuck. In fact, he much preferred completely avoiding that train of thought at all. Sleeping with people was reserved for someone, anyone that Barnaby didn’t have to worry about ruining his image with. Of course, sleeping with people was different too. It wasn’t something he worried about with his own image, not often. Not when it was strangers. Who cared about anything else? As long as it was someone who would even remember him, he didn’t have a care in the world. Maybe one day, but definitely not now.

The young man also never considered dating. It was a messy thing, full of trying to keep someone else happy while working on yourself. How could anyone achieve any goals when on the way to trying to succeed? The whole thing was just insane to him. Just like the fact that someone so small could somehow hold as much alcohol as him. He wasn’t talking about Clementine, of course, but others he had met. At least Clementine couldn’t remember either- it made him feel just that much better about how much they both had to have to drink. ”Exactly. It’s a thing.” he shrugged. Odd conversation? Yeah. But it wasn’t like he knew what else to bring up, not at a moment like this. How could he talk to someone he barely knew at all? She was just so different, and innocent, and just… He didn’t even know how to describe any of his feelings at all, really.

”Well that’s… good.” god, how awkward was he? Jesus Christ he needed to stop. It was just Clementine. Maybe they’d be able to forget all about it in just a few days, right? Move on and just continue awkwardly walking into one another all the time. At this point in time, he wouldn’t mind a relationship like that between them. He averted his eyes- peeking only once- as she left the room. As the door to the bathroom shut he moved out of his bed, throwing on a pair of boxers and a t shirt from his half open drawer. His eyes moved around the room until he found a pair of pants on the ground. It only took a moment to slip into them before moving into the kitchen, flipping on his coffee machine and taking a seat at the table. Coffee first, food later, right? Definitely sounded like a way better plan than trying to get anything into his flipping stomach for now.

clementine agnes gru
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
newtopic
newpoll