ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY -> night visits
click to rearrange
a bit quiet? join us on
discord!

endless diamond sky 
spotlights
LAUREN

Our resident meme queen, Lauren is always a positive figure in the chat and on site, and we're glad to have her! It's a blast to watch her colorful array of characters interact with others, from SF native Theo to our favorite misguided stepsister Alex. Whether she's plotting, posting, or just being herself, she never fails to bring smiles to our faces.

MEMBER OF THE MONTH
PAIR OF THE MONTH

INGRID GRIMOIRE & SEDRICK SHELLEY

THREAD OF THE MONTH

YOU PICKED ME
GABRIEL RICHTER & KATHERINE BELLAMY

COLLEEN JAMESON
charas of the month

ELIJAH HAYES
welcome!
Welcome to ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY! We are an animation personified site set both in the animated world and present day San Francisco. A terrible darkness is spreading through the animated realm, driving everyone from their homes and into unknown territory that we know as reality. Now they find themselves at a crossroads: do they fight for their world or do they turn their back on it and make San Francisco their home? What will you choose?

setting 
san francisco, calif. 2018

___

please register
first middle last
in all lowercase!
AMANDA (admin)
SAM (admin)
FOREST (admin)
POND (mod)
ALLIE (mod)
staff
DISCLAIMER:
EDS is known to cause death by soul-crushing feels. Don't forget your feels bucket.

addreply
newthread
newpoll

night visits, calix / allie
lance juste lake
 Posted: Jun 10 2016, 12:38 AM

Sir Lancelot
  Sword in the Stone
  25 years old
  Single
  Pansexual

Megan ()
 43 POSTS

awards

He had decided the cross the portal and stay across it for a week, using some of his vacation, and the horse that Lance had ended buying for himself and used in the dinner theater now. He had his saddle bags packed and ready, wearing his chainmail, his sword and shield at his side. Of course he had made sure the cross the portal at night, knowing it would look strange to see a horse and some guy disappear into nowhere. Lance and decided to stay there for a week to see if he could find this King he was looking for or anyone else that was going to be part of the round table, since he was sure that he was looking for King Arthur and all. Lance couldn’t help but maybe the King was still on the other side of the portal or at least some sort of clue of where to find him.

Lance now found himself in a Kingdom that he was sure once had been a beautiful and grand Kingdom bit now it was crumbling down around him as he rode his horse through it. He couldn’t help but look up at the towers that were still left standing, some of them looking as if they were about to crumble down upon him and the horse at any moment. But he just kept on riding, part of him wondering if this was the kingdom that King Arthur was going to rule over or if it was another one that had been destroyed by the darkness that had taken over the lands. Of course Lance kept an eye out for any sort of creatures that would decide to attack him, he was more than prepared to pull his sword out and fight off anything that decided it would be a great idea to take him on.

Before Lance had even known it, the night had crept up on him. He found a building that seemed to be standing fairly well, and had a big enough entrance to get the horse inside, of course Lance wanted to keep the horse near him and safe just in case an attack did happen. Once inside, Lance found where he could tie the horse up before he quickly went to collect wood for the fire, once he had the wood he quickly made the fire, away from the horse but close enough that Lance could keep an eye on the beast. Once that was all set he got to work taking care of the horse, taking the saddle off and the bridle just keeping the rope around the horse’s neck that he used to tie it up, before he feed it and gave it water. As the horse was enjoying its dinner Lance got to work on brushing it.

Once the horse was taken care of, Lance got to work on cooking his own dinner over the fire, as his dinner cooked, he rolled out his bed roll so that it was ready for him once he was ready for bed. Soon dinner was done and Lance and quickly ate it, he then put the fire out until it was just embers, with a slight light coming from it, of course he had a lantern that just dimly lit that he had hid so it didn’t give way to where he was. He had soon laid down and started to fall asleep but before he was even fully asleep a noise outside and quickly woken him fully up. Lance quickly grabbed his sword and hid right by the entrance, waiting to attack just in case whatever it was decided to come inside.

tagged: openo | notes:__
PM
^
calix emrys brenhin
 Posted: Jun 29 2016, 04:26 PM

you better stay clever if you wanna survive..

the raven king
  the court of night
  old af years old
  #SOLO
  pansexual
  he/him
  allie (she/her)
 173 POSTS

awards

i can taste it i see what's mine and take it
Sycophants on velvet sofas Lavish mansions, vintage wine I am so much more than royal Snatch your chain and mace your eyes If it feels good, tastes good It must be mine Heroes always get remembered But you know legends never die And if you don't know, now you know I'm taking back the crown ▸▸▸

It was with a mixture of amusement and irritation that Calix landed just outside the small derelict building. Someone within had started a fire -- no doubt seeking some form of a comfort in this desolate place. The thin, wavering pillar of smoke it sent into the sky had caught his eye from a distance. He had, for the most part, ignored it. He hadn't been in the mood to confront some fool bedding down for the night, more interested in wallowing in his own depressed state to care much. That, however, had been then and this was now and the forgotten raven king was spoiling to sink his claws into something that would fight back. A hurricane of violent need and blood lust had swept him up and propelled him forward in a great swoop before he had even realized he'd alighted from his perch atop the crumbling castle. The only sound had been the whoosh of wind as it glided over his feathers. Catching a downdraft, he'd circled the building over head before he landed first on a nearby tree. Not bothering to return to his true form, he watched the human with glossy black eyes. The long talons clutching the branch tensed and released, his discipline keeping him in the tree despite his more animalistic urges.

He wanted to claw and tear and rip and feel the warmth of blood against his skin. Moreover, he wanted to fight -- hand to hand, fist to fist. He wanted bruises and scratches and broken bones. He wanted pain in a true and visceral way and all to fill the gaping void that had rent his soul in two. It was more difficult than he had realized to be the last of his kind in a world that did not care or understand. In all the millennia that the fae had been at each other's throats for power and territory, Calix was sure the possibility of wiping out the majority of them had seemed like a pleasant ideal to envision. Impossible, but nice in the way one dreams about coming into loads of wealth. What the fae hadn't been able to achieve since their creation, the darkness had succeeded in doing in mere hours. Yet, in the months since it had occurred, he had yet to find anything related to the source of the darkness. It made him want to scream into the darkness and claw at his skin in grief and frustration. Clawing at something else's would have to do.

That was how Calix found himself standing in the dark in front of the building. The human, it seemed, had had the good sense to smother the fire. Though not before it had alerted a predator to his whereabouts. It a shuffled of leather and wool, Cal turned and lifted his face to the sky a moment -- the moon was nowhere to be seen but he breathed in deep anyway before turning back towards the building a whistling a jaunty tune as he paced in front of the entry way.. A scythe-like smile curved his lips as the high fae lord heard the shuffling within. The human might have been doing his best to remain quiet but against, Calix's heightened senses, he was no match. Pausing in his footsteps, he clicked his tongue. "If that is how you treat guests, 'tis no wonder you are all alone," he chastised. His voice turned melodic, teasing as he continued. "Why don't you come on out and play with me awhile?"

lancelot   words   ---   8D
made by allie
PM
^
lance juste lake
 Posted: Oct 4 2016, 11:52 AM

Sir Lancelot
  Sword in the Stone
  25 years old
  Single
  Pansexual

Megan ()
 43 POSTS

awards

Tightening the hold on his sword with a frown on his face as he heard the voice outside speak. Lancelot wasn’t sure if this was friend or foe but by the way he talked out there, he didn’t sound very friendly. Lance knew he had to be quick witted but yet the one out there could be anything, he had found many different and odd things since the darkness had hit and had learned that he had to be careful when he was on this side of the portal. Of course he couldn’t help himself but to move a bit closer to the entrance to try and see who was out there and they had wanted from Lance.

Yet it was too dark to see anything out there with no moon or starlight, everything was just darkness to him. “You don’t sound like a very friendly guest, and who said I was alone? I could have some friends around here.” He had stepped out the door, sword still drawn as he squinted his eyes trying to see the one out there. Lance would glance around but kept looking toward where the voice had come from trying to see some sort of outline or something of his guest. He slowly took a step forward on the defensive side, ready for any attack that was thrown at him, he had been trained well by the Lady of the Lake. The knight had even started to resort to his hearing, his eyes no help in the darkness but every sound that he could hear, would make his head turn slightly here and there as he tried to listen any sound that this guest would make.

The knight couldn’t help but scoff some. “What sort of play are talking about, it doesn’t sound like any sort of friendly play something more rough maybe? of course he couldn’t help but ask, trying to goad the other into making the wrong move to give themselves away. He would take a step and then stop to hear any sound that he could before taking another step, Lance couldn’t help but feel like he was getting closer to the other. Every once in a while, Lance caught himself holding his breath as he listened to the sounds in the darkness, his horse back in the shelter stomping its hooves, and some other animals in the night. But Lance would swear that this guest of his wasn’t human but other than that he wasn’t sure if they were part of the darkness or something entirely different and from one of the other worlds.

tagged: Allie/Calix | notes:__
PM
^
calix emrys brenhin
 Posted: Dec 16 2016, 09:54 PM

the raven king
  the court of night
  old af years old
  #SOLO
  pansexual
  he/him
  allie (she/her)
 173 POSTS

awards

Sycophants on velvet sofas Lavish mansions, vintage wine I am so much more than royal Snatch your chain and mace your eyes If it feels good, tastes good It must be mine Heroes always get remembered But you know legends never die And if you don't know, now you know I'm taking back the crown ▸▸▸

Calix bared his teeth to the darkness as he grinned, the thrill of the hunt trilling through his blood. He laughed at his prey's response, amused at the bold assertion. Did the male think him an idiot or was he simply devoid of all logic by making such an empty threat. Even if Cal hadn't the heightened senses of a fae, he could have told that the other male was by himself through observation alone. There might have been another inside the small building but it was obvious that they posed no threat to him if there were. The wariness of the male gave no indication that there were others to come to his aid. Just as well, though Cal had to admit he might have enjoyed the spectacle. Instead of responding, the faerie retreated further into the enclosing darkness to hide himself from viewing even as he watched the man carefully leave safety behind. By the way he held his sword in front of him, ready to defend, it was clear that he expected a fight. Calix would give it to him...but not yet. Gratifying blood lust was always better savored over time. The temptation to snap closed the trap was present but to do so prematurely would reward him very little.

Standing motionless, he caught the male's scent -- human. Human and therefore limited. It wouldn't be much of a fight, when it came down to it. Though his fingers itched to reach for his own weapon, to engage in battle in a way he hadn't with another being since the fall of his mountain, he hesitated. Too soon and the fun would be over and that left for very little satisfaction. He would return to brooding over things he was powerless to change. No, no, he would draw this diversion out until there was no more entertainment to be had. His grin turned more sly than predatory even as he whetted his lips. "Rough or gentle, the choice is yours," he called in a pleasant voice. In the pitch, he used his speed to move some distance from one spot to another, putting himself in entirely different position before he spoke again in an attempt to disorient the male. "'Tis my very favorite game that I propose...in which I am the cat and you are the mouse. Wouldn't you like to play that with me?"

"Alas, before you foolishly think to answer, the question is only a formality and I grow bored with the pleasantries," Cal sighed dramatically, waving a hand though the other could not see him do it. "Here are the rules: I shall give you three riddles, answer them correctly and I'll grant you a boon," A lie, though he doubted the male would be able to answer his riddles. "If you do not....then the cat wins and the mouse is caught." He paused. "Shall we begin? I'll give you an easy one to start: what lives on it's own substance and devours itself?"

lancelot   words   ---   8D
made by allie

lance juste lake
PM
^
lance juste lake
 Posted: Jan 28 2017, 10:16 PM

Sir Lancelot
  Sword in the Stone
  25 years old
  Single
  Pansexual

Megan ()
 43 POSTS

awards

Lance frowned, he didn’t trust the one that was out there, and refused to move further from the entrance. The young knight knew full well that if he stayed in the entrance way of the building that it meant the other one could only attack him from head on. His eyes narrowed more as he listened to them laugh, knowing that the other didn’t fall for his empty threat. He couldn’t help but glance back inside hearing the horse move in there before he quickly brought his full attention outside, more than sure that whatever was out there was going to try and mess with him.

The knight couldn’t help but roll his eyes hearing the voice. Lance wanted nothing to do with this game but it didn’t seem like he had a choice and the voice had even let him know that he didn’t have a choice at all. But he had also noticed that the voice seemed to move one spot to the other, making Lance a bit uneasy at hearing how fast they could move. But it had dawned on him who or at least what was out there, since he had been raised by fae himself, growing up in the Kingdom of the Lady of the Lake. He couldn’t help but let a soft chuckle escape from his lips as his head shook his head some, the Lady of the Lake would have been so disappointed in him if she has been here. “I was taught not to play games with fae, and besides I know you won’t grant me a boon.” he couldn’t help but scoff the last part out.

Lance had slowly started to slowly back up, eyes narrowed as he looked toward where he thought the fae was. He was sure that the fae wouldn’t leave him alone but the fae defiantly wouldn’t leave him alone if he didn’t answer the riddle. The young man couldn’t help but mull it over, trying to think if he should answer the riddle or not, he didn’t really want anything from the fae but he also knew the fae wouldn’t leave him alone. He let out a low sigh as he stopped going backwards, throwing a glance around the area before looking to where he thought they were.

There was a slight eyeroll, as he took a deep breath. “But it’s not going to be that easy, you won’t leave unless I do play you game, and if I refuse to play you will just attack me. Your answer is a candle.” there was frown on his face as he answered.

tagged: calix emrys brenhin | notes:__
PM
^
calix emrys brenhin
 Posted: May 6 2017, 01:31 PM

the raven king
  the court of night
  old af years old
  #SOLO
  pansexual
  he/him
  allie (she/her)
 173 POSTS

awards

Clicking his tongue, Calix bit back the chuckle at the human's obvious reticence. Almost as if he could see the cogs turning and tripping behind the mortal man's eyes, the fae watched the man try and puzzle him out. That the human had heard of his kind at all was surprising -- a surprise he hid well behind a beatific smile as he took a step closer to his prey. Head tilting in an animalistic, gold eyes flashed brightly in the dark night -- like light glinting of polished metal, not unlike the way the faint starlight overhead glinted of the man's weapon. Calix's own was within easy reach, the obsidian and cobalt weapon at his side collapsed small by an enchantment. The old magic residual in the fae-crafted weapon had made it easy to carry while in animal form and had the added benefit of throwing off enemies who tended to see his weaponless form as a weakness. Never mind that once upon a time the Night Lord could have twisted them up with his magic before they could have advanced even a step. Though he was hardly that anymore, Calix knew he was still at the advantage. Power as ancient as the earth he stood on still flowed through his veins even if he could no longer access the great well he once would have been able to. But the Raven King was nothing if not clever and his wits had been more the enough to tame his father's court. A human would be nothing in comparison.

If fear could be described in flavors, then the wariness he could sense rolling off the man was but a tease. One that made Cal's smirk deepen even as continued to stalk him in the shadows. "So distrustful of my kind," he teased with mock admonition. "One would think you're speaking ill of me." He tsked his tongue against his front teeth. "Careful now, human, lest you insult me." This time when Calix moved, he circled in closer watching with satisfaction as the man retreated, giving up ground. So the human didn't want to tangle with him. Not surprising, given his already apparent attitude towards the fae. He could have laughed at how much the man inadvertently revealed to him; it was almost too easy to play with this one. Cal knew that a number of the other faerie courts had made a sport out of luring in vulnerable humans to amuse themselves with. The Night Court had never been one of them, never cared enough about such petty amusements to join them. It had been centuries since the last human had crossed into Night's lands before the mountain fell to the darkness. Only later did Cal learn of the human's fate -- it hadn't been a pleasant one. Still, expression one of polite warning, he was not about to give weight to the man's words.

"Leave? Why would I leave?" Cal feigned hurt, drawing in a sharp breath before he allowed a low chuckle to rumble out of his chest. "You are smart....for a human." The insult was less than vaguely masked as Cal bared his teeth, elongated incisors glinting in the moonlight. "No, I shan't leave whilst the game's afoot and, you've already been playing so long, why give up now? It started the moment you crossed my path, even if you didn't know it." Arrogantly, bolstered by his amusement, Cal moved to stand directly in front of the human man -- close enough that if they drew their weapons they could easily reach the other. One dark eyebrow arched as he brought his hands together in mocking applause. "Very good, little human, that's one riddle you've solved, only two more to go but, since I'm feeling generous, I'll give you a choice." He ticked off the choices with his fingers. "You can continue to play, you'll lose, and I'll enjoy killing you, or," Cal's smile turned into a full grin even as his eyes bored intensely into the man. "Give me the thing most precious to you and we'll call the whole thing off."

lancelot   words   ---   oops
made by allie

lance juste lake
PM
^
lance juste lake
 Posted: Jun 1 2018, 05:40 PM

Sir Lancelot
  Sword in the Stone
  25 years old
  Single
  Pansexual

Megan ()
 43 POSTS

awards

Eyes narrowing as he tried to keep them trained on the fae, Lancelot had been taught by the lady of the lake herself on how to deal with fae but, yet he knew that this fae could be different from the fae that he had once known in his own world. He still had a good grip on his sword, a slight frown on his face. He was letting his mind go through everything that he had been taught but still kept his eyes on where he thought the fae that was here with him now was.

Lancelot couldn’t help but let out a slight sigh hearing the fae tease him. “I would not speak ill of someone that I don’t know but I also know how many fae like to be unless you wish to prove otherwise” he let his eyes scan the darkness, not liking the fact that he couldn’t see the fae. Part of Lancelot wanted to trust this fae but than the other part of him had been sure that this fae was one of the ones that liked to play with humans, where the humans end up with a bad ending. He couldn’t help but let a soft sigh escape him but kept a good hold on his sword as if ready to attack if he had to.

Heading shaking some when he heard the fae feign hurt. “I do not wish to fight with you, there is so many other creatures to fight in this world now.” Lance couldn’t help but let out a sigh hearing the insult. He stood up straight and looked the fae in the eye that, sword at his side. “There are far more dangerous creatures out and about that playing a game is not the best of ideas.” he didn’t flinch back even with the fae that close to him, he just kept on looking in the others eyes. “Do you really believe me to be so simple? I do not wish to continue to play your little game but neither do I have anything most precious to me. Just call off this game, we shouldn’t be fighting amongst each other while creatures of darkness are out there hunting.”

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

topic options
addreply
newthread
newpoll

static affiliates | status: open