FROM Brave

❝ Our fate lives within us, you only have to be brave enough to see it.❞

20 YEARS
5'7''
Straight
Single
Leigh

Merida Eileen MacDunn
The hospital was white, stark, smelling of metal and medicated cleanliness. Merida hated it. She had no certain comparison for this place, her mind feeling fogged and confused much of the time, but she hated it with certainty. It felt good to be certain about something, even negatively. Certainty was an elusive concept presently. Few things seemed certain, only feelings that came and went like the ebbs and flows of an evening tide. She knew she felt caged, and everything around her felt wrong. The wrongness wasn't just the surrounds however, it was deeper rooted. She didn't belong here. She belonged somewhere else... or at least, she had once. The sense of belonging was somewhere along green hills, mountains, clear skies, waterfalls, forest trails and a castle that looked like it was built from the rock itself.

The nurses hadn't been back for a time, which offered some respite from their bothersome company. They reminded Merida of bees buzzing around a woven hive, busily moving and flitting about her till she wanted to scream. Why they vexed her so much was a bit of a puzzle. They were nice to her. Everyone was nice, that was what made them so blasted irritating.

Merida sat propped against stiff pillows, tucked under stiffer sheets. Her fiery hair fell around the shoulders of her hospital gown in an unruly tangle of curls. One of the nurses had unwisely suggested the girl might like it cut shorter, to which she received a sharp verbal bruising. It wasn't that Merida wanted to argue, or to lash out, words just flew out her mouth faster than you could say: "Awa' an bile yer heid". Maybe she could be more diplomatic, or at least more tactful, if her head didn't hurt so much.

The Doctor said she was improving. She could sit up now for longer periods without getting dizzy, and when she was allowed out of bed, her vision didn't swim nearly as much as it had previously. Still, the headaches were troublesome, getting worse whenever Merida tried to focusing on remembering. It was as if, her mind was blocking out memories like a soldier might guard a postern gate. The harder she attempted to infiltrate those locked memories, the more guarded they became. At least now she had some grasp of what memories were. The first days had been dark blankness. She was asked what seemed impossible questions, and had no inkling of an answer. It terrified her. Thankfully, that had passed, leaving in its stead a sense of nostalgia for a story she had read long ago, the story that had been her life as Princess Merida of DunBroch.

At present, she was not a princess, or at least not one in the sense she had been, in that place so far away. She was just a girl, in a hospital bed, wearing an annoyingly thin patient gown (that had lack of proper closure) a plastic bracelet on her wrist, and confined to this abominable room for more hours than she cared to count. Boredom had set in, so a notebook was set on her lap, and lists were being made, memories jotted down, a good deal of doodling was being produced, all with a lackluster attitude. Merida began to absently chew on the eraser of the pencil. She studied the doodle on her pad, noting the lines that made up a rather poor attempt at capturing the outline of a shire horse. The tail was off. It needed to be thicker. Merida began to add extra lines to the horse's tail.

The door opened, and a nurse appeared, her cheerful smile was enough to give Merida the collywobbles. "You have a visitor, dear."

Looking up from her drawing, Merida eyed the woman with a deadpan expression. "Is that so...?" Was it some type of trick? Of course it was. Merida was wiser now. The last time a nurse had announced a visitor, it had been a nasty little shrew with a needle injection that was shot into her arm. Merida had managed to get a whack with her pillow at the wicked little Trow. Her arm tingled just thinking about the horrid sharp needle piercing her tender skin. Lying her pencil aside, Merida folded her arms. "Well, I don't think we'll have any of that today, thanks all the same." Her light blue eyes twinkled with challenge.

The nurse made a placating gesture. "Having some company will be a nice change for you. It doesn't have to be a long visit." Still smiling in her uncanny way, the nurse stepped from the room, leaving the door ajar with a hand hold. "She's ready to see you, go right in." The nurse's voice carried over, chilling Merida. She began cursing the evil fate that had brought her another unwanted visit, eyes peeled at whoever dared to walk into the room.

WHAT HAS FATE BROUGHT?

willow ailsa winslet- ||OOC: sorry its so long, hope it works||
PM
^
willow ailsa winslet
 Posted: Apr 18 2017, 11:28 AM

Will-O'-the-Wisp
FROM Brave

❝If you could change your fate, would you?❞

22 YEARS
5'9"
bisexual
single
Lauren

Once she arrived in the Real World a few months ago, Willow tried to keep tabs on the newcomers. Working as a guide in Haven Hill allowed her to do so without much suspicion, as it allowed her to help new people adjust to their new surroundings. Her own adjustment took just over a month as she had been human once, even if it had been centuries before. Her only difficulty had been getting used to the new technology, which made the newest inventions of her time seem archaic. Some of the others that had been animals or entities struggled more as being human was something they were not used to. Willow enjoyed working with newcomers and hearing about their lives before the Darkness if they were willing to tell her about it. When she had heard about a certain 'Merida MacDunn' being in the hospital however, she had a great feeling that this was the Merida of her own world. She had never officially met her as she had been just the Will-O'-the-Wisp, but Willow felt as if she knew Merida because she had watched grow up and tried to help her out by leading her away from the witch's hut. Despite being unsuccessful with this, Willow wanted to go see her in the hospital if Merida's health allowed her to have visitors.

Equipped with a small bouquet of lavender that she had purchased from a local florist, she was greeted with a blast of cool air once she entered the waiting room. There weren't many people here as the Haven Hill hospital typically only dealt with newcomers, but there were about three or four milling around. Willow went straight to the check in desk, clearing her throat to get the receptionist's attention. "I'm 'ere to see Merida MacDunn?" The receptionist nodded, then typed something into her computer. After a few moments, the receptionist nodded once again, then handed her a visitor's pass with the name and the room number. Before being ushered to the room, however, the receptionist stopped her. "Be sure to talk with one of the nurses at the nursing station to be caught up on Ms. MacDunn's situation." Willow nodded in reply before sticking the pass onto her dark blue shirt and following a guide into the patients' area.

Noticing the nursing station almost immediately, she approached one of them that appeared to be free at the moment. "I wis told to talk wi' a nurse 'bout Merida MacDunn's situation?" The nurse looked up from what she was doing, then ushered Willow towards a computer on a movable tray. After a few clicks of the mouse, the nurse replied. "So since she arrived, Ms. MacDunn, how do you put it lightly, a bit verbally aggressive." Willow gave her a weird looks but the nurse continued anyways. "She has been so, but has been dealing with painful headaches, which makes it somewhat understandable. The doctors have been noticing her situation is stabilizing, but just keep in mind that too much anxiety or stress might make her headaches regress." Willow gave the nurse a smile, which gave the nurse the cue to lead her to Merida's room. She was a bit nervous as she had never officially met Merida before, but was attempting to remain optimistic about the situation.

She clutched the flowers as she waited outside, listening to the conversation that the nurse was having with Merida. From what she could tell, Merida was not very happy about having a visitor and Willow couldn't blame her. Being in a new world in a hospital could be disorienting for some, especially when they were in a world so different from their original one. Maybe her being from the same world might make this visit go much less painlessly for both parties. Taking the nurse's cue of opening the door a bit, Willow scratched a bit at her arms, which were covered in tattoos. They had appeared when she crossed over and most of the images were symbolic of visions she had once before. Taking the door from the nurse, she shuffled in, putting a slight smile on her face. The girl in the hospital bed looked just like Merida with wild red hair and a mischievous glint in her eye. Willow approached her slowly, trying to think of words to say. "I dinna know if you 'member me, but I'm tha wisps? My name is Willow. It's nice to finally meet ye." She continued to stand awkwardly by the bed, not sure what to say, before remembering that she had brought flowers. "I brought these for ye. Where should I put 'em?" Willow held up the small bouquet of lavender, looking around the room for a possible place to put them down.

I ran an endless race To leave the land I know Sometimes I feel so restless Some things I'll never show But you held my hand Through the wind, our cold And if there's a fight, you said I won't face it alone And undone is what I am
PM
^
merida eileen macdunn
 Posted: Apr 23 2017, 01:05 PM

Merida
FROM Brave

20 YEARS
5'7''
Straight
Single
Leigh

Merida Eileen MacDunn
The young woman who walked into the room was not a nurse, or anyone resembling the tiresome hospital staff. Merida's eyes widened slightly. She had readied herself for conflict, welcomed the chance to blame someone for interrupting her boredom. Now, she was now helplessly disarmed. There was a difference between defending yourself, and attacking for the sake of being vicious. Any warrior worth his (or 'her') salt knew that. As it were, Merida found it easy to lash out, but given nothing to use as kindling, it was a harder to stroke up a flame of adequate temper.

As the visitor moved closer to the bedside, Merida regarded her. She stared, with a curious expression, head tilted slightly. There was something familiar about the lass, though Merida had never laid eyes on her. The odd sense of familiarity sent a chill up her spine. Her gaze shifted to the lass' arms, covered with the tattooing of intricate patterns.

A flicker of memory sparked, she had seen markings like this before... Hadn't she?

Lord Macintosh and his warriors had been fond of tattoos. War-paint too. Woad wasn't easy to harvest. It had to be grown in a field, picked early or it would lose it's potent dying nature. Once the leaves were collected, they were chopped into a paste, rolled into balls, and left to dry out. The hardened balls then could be ground up into a fine powder, sprinkled with water, left to ferment. A bubbling mixture of potash, and boiling water were combined with the powder into the dye-bath. Careful precautions had to be made to ensure it didn't spill or accidentally stain anything.

What an odd memory. Why suddenly could she remember the process of woad making? Useless information flooding into her head at such a random time. What had prompted this again?

Oh yes, those markings, tattoos on the young woman's arms. Merida was transfixed. However, these markings on the young woman's arms were different from those Merida recalled. She was almost certain they weren't even related to woad. They were more rich in design, vibrant in color, and mysterious in an unmistakable way.

At the sound of the young woman's voice, Merida blinked as if waking from a trance. Merida pressed two fingers to her brow. "Wait. You are a Wisps? The Wisp? But..." She shook her head slowly as if to clear it. Why should any of this be shocking? In light of everything, nothing should shock or surprise. Still, she tried to reason it out. "That would make sense though, wouldn't it? I mean... If I'm here, then you could be here too." The rationalization of Willow's words were being accepted by Merida's subconscious, even as her mind attempted rebellion. She believed in magic. She always had.

The flowers stole away her attention for a moment. "Oh, aye! You can put em' right here..." Merida leaned precariously out of the bed grabbing a water glass which was too small for the beautiful lavender bouquet. The notebook that had been on her lap, slid to the side, her pencil falling in the crevice of her blankets. Extending the glass, she realized the blunder, set it down hastily on the nightstand, spilling water on the top surface.

As she settled back to avoid falling out of bed, Merida was muttering to herself, mostly in Gaelic. She thrust out a hand to take the flowers, absently, her mind racing. Merida's eyes flashed up again, meeting the direct gaze of her visitor. "How?.." She trailed off, and hurriedly resumed, "How did you get here... and like this?" She waved a hand in an inarticulate gesture. "Human, I mean?"

WHAT HAS FATE BROUGHT?

willow ailsa winslet- ||OOC: hope this is okay||
PM
^
willow ailsa winslet
 Posted: Apr 29 2017, 12:53 PM

Will-O'-the-Wisp
FROM Brave

22 YEARS
5'9"
bisexual
single
Lauren

Willow watched as Merida's eyes widened. From what Willow could tell, she wasn't expecting someone that looked so normal or average. Maybe she was expecting a doctor or nurse, but definitely not her. Nonetheless, she didn't look upset or angry to Willow, which was definitely good to her. She didn't want to appear confrontational or scary, especially since her Animated World equivalent was the exact opposite of that. The wisps that she was were barely two inches tall and all they did was glow, lighting up the dark forest nights, helping out those traveling during the wee hours of the night.

As she approached her, Willow noticed as Merida looked at her with an interested expression. Maybe it was the tattoos that visibly adorned both of her arms and her upper chest. There had been tattoos from where they came from, but they were black and white and usually had some Scottish tribal theme to them. Hers came from her visions and were completely unrelated to what Merida was most likely used to. Since they just showed up on her body, they were mostly painless, other than the fact that the visions that gave them to her yanked her from whatever she was doing and forced her to watch for a certain amount of time. These visions were mentally exhausting to her and were nothing but a nuisance to her. The tattoos were cool though and she got a lot of compliments about them.

The girl blinked a few times when Willow spoke, probably trying to comprehend the words she was speaking. The entire situation was difficult for some people to understand since she was what some people classified as a myth or an entity, but Willow was patient when she tried to explain her entire situation. She had decided earlier that being upfront about who, no what, she was before the Darkness with other previously Animated people was in her best interest as it demonstrated that she intended no intentional harm on others. The only concern she had was in Mor’du made an appearance on this side, but she could hope and pray that would never occur. ”Aye, I am. I believe it should, but I have no idea how I got here before the Darkness got me.” Willow shuddered slightly at the mention of the Darkness, not liking to think about it at all, since she was sure she was safe here in the Real World.

Her mention of the flowers must have distracted Merida for a moment, causing her to lean a bit too far out of her hospital bed. Willow’s eyes widened in concern, prepared to assist her just in case. The water in the glass Merida picked up overflowed as she attempted to move it, but luckily nothing happened to her. She strolled over to the nightstand, trying to place the bouquet in the too-small glass, eventually deciding to just balance it against the wall so it was still in the water. After placing the lavender the best she could in the glass, Willow pulled a chair close to Merida’s bed, making it easier for her to make eye contact with her. ”It’s a quite long story actually, but I was human once a very long time ago, even before you or your father or his father or even his father was even thought of. I had a mother and a father, like everyone did.” Even though she was open about what she was in the Animated World, Willow rarely told her origin story as it was sometimes tough to think about. ”It was the witch. The one you met that turned me into the wisps.”

I ran an endless race To leave the land I know Sometimes I feel so restless Some things I'll never show But you held my hand Through the wind, our cold And if there's a fight, you said I won't face it alone And undone is what I am
PM
^
merida eileen macdunn
 Posted: May 4 2017, 02:03 PM

Merida
FROM Brave

20 YEARS
5'7''
Straight
Single
Leigh

Merida Eileen MacDunn
Merida took in Willow's answer with a steady expression. She had always wondered about the origins of The Wisps. Her mother had told her of the glowing blue spirits when she had been little more than a wee bairn. The legends never tended to agree on The Wisps. Some said they led mortals to treasure or doom. Others suggested they were ghosts of the dead, or perhaps apparitions of some type. Most commonly, among her folk, The Wisps were said to lead mortals to their fates.

Maybe that was the reason her mother's tales had stood out so strongly in her mind. The Wisps, magic, the land, all were bound and woven together, a grand tapestry upon a loom. On that fateful day in early autumn, her birthday, Merida had come face to face with one... This one, this Wisp, a young woman named, Willow.

That had been the day when her father faced Mor-du and lost his leg. The story of how King Fergus had faced the monstrous brute of a bear had become his favored fireside boast. It had seemed to Merida, the story got longer with each telling, embellished with greater detail as the autumns passed. How she had loved to spoil the story, hurriedly telling the ending before her father's drawn out version could conclude. The memory had been there hiding in the back of her mind, called forth only now.

How odd, her memories fled, only to creep back when she patiently let go of the struggle. The struggle itself drove them off. She could sit for hours desperately trying to remember details, and only gain a headache for her strained efforts. But as Willow spoke, Merida felt a tingling in her spine, a sense of renewed kindling, she felt more herself somehow.

Willow's revelation that she had been a regular human, long ago, answered a multitude of questions regarding The Wisps. It also opened a multitude of more. Merida itched to ask questions, and attempted to contain her wild curiosity by gripping the edges of her sheets. She licked her lips with a thoughtful expression softening her features. A rare moment, when Merida looked more contemplative than fierce. "So, you lived as a Wisp for all that time... From when you had been a lass. What was it like?" Awe shown in her light blue gaze.

The mention of the witch brought heat to her cheeks. "It would be her fault." Merida let go of the sheets, absently hugging herself. "Is it all the witch's doing, you think? Maybe a curse of some type. If it is... it could be righted. Somehow?" Merida looked down, then her gaze shot back to Willow quick as an arrow shot. "Did she trick you too?"

WHAT HAS FATE BROUGHT?

willow ailsa winslet- ||OOC: hopefully not too disjointed.||
PM
^
willow ailsa winslet
 Posted: May 15 2017, 12:24 PM

Will-O'-the-Wisp
FROM Brave

22 YEARS
5'9"
bisexual
single
Lauren

Willow had heard that in this world, wisps existed as well. She found that very interesting, but had yet to come across any, as she had been told that they mostly popped up in Europe. Needless to say, she was quite interested in them and wanted to try to see them at some point in her life. She assumed that in this world, their origin was different, but maybe they were people that were stuck like she had been. Willow remembered that as a child, her father had told her stories of these wisps, having come across them when he was younger, allegedly leading him to the village where he met her mother. She had no idea if this story was true or not, but she did find it funny now. Even though she never came across them back in the Animated World before the witch had changed everything, Willow did like to think they still existed.

Memories of Willow's childhood were very far and few between. She guessed this was because they had happened hundreds of years ago and were slowly being replaced with the new experiences she was having now. It was odd how they appeared when they were applicable to a situation, only to fade away until they were needed again. They were being remembered more and more often now as being human again might have assisted in this occurring. Willow sometimes found it weird to believe that she had ever been a wisp for such a long time as she had grown accustomed to her human body very quickly.

She had a feeling that her own explanations only would lead to Merida asking more questions, as she specifically was a curious lass and Willow had technically met her before. As it was, people at Haven Hill were usually intrigued by her story since she had existed for hundreds of years and that was interesting for whatever reason, even though it was fairly monotonous. "What do you mean? Like my time as a wisp? It was very boring. I watched people grow up, live their lives, then die. Some say that would be interesting, but things didn't get interesting 'til you were born."

Willow frowned as she mentioned the witch, as she had never truly despised a human until she was turned into a wisp. "Aye, it was the witch and she tricked me too. She gave me a magical cookie, like the one she gave you for your mam. And I dinna know how or even if it can be reversed." She slumped slightly at the thought of being stuck with her visions for the rest of her life.

PM
^
merida eileen macdunn
 Posted: May 19 2017, 12:37 PM

Merida
FROM Brave

20 YEARS
5'7''
Straight
Single
Leigh

Merida Eileen MacDunn
Merida registered Willow's words, with an intake of breath. It likely meant Willow would have witnessed the passing of her own family generations. What a terrible thing. For Merida, remembering was difficult enough. There were days when her mind was too weary to draw connective lines between her past life and feelings regarding those memories. If Willow had lived for centuries, how sad, painful and numerous, those memories must be. Her family would be dead, not just her parents but generations of family never knowing her existence. That was a heavy burden.

Merida was forced to admit, her own circumstances were not so dire. She had no certainly of her family's fate. That left room for a tiny glimmer of hope. Hope, that she could, and would, find them again. This world, she had been tossed into with the unceremonious grace of a sack of grain, could be ripped away again. Could it not? Who was to say what had brought her here could not work in reverse. The seasons came and went in cycle patterns, winter melted into spring, spring bloomed into summer, summer faded into autumn, autumn blew back to winter. One day soon, she might find herself home again. Her memories of her time in this strange world little more than a half remembered dream.

For Willow, it was not so. She had already watched centuries go by, experiencing the detachment, distance and sorrow of losing her world, even before this Darkness stole it away. How had her soul survived?

Deep inside, the stain of the stormy night when Merida had felt so desolate, locked in a chamber, reaching desperately between the arrow slat window, as if she could somehow stop the events being carried away, beyond her control. She had crumpled to the floor, helpless. Her tears for the loss of her family, her father riding out in a fury to slay her mother's bear form, her brothers lost to the curse, little black cubs, those tears had been a raging river. Part of that moment remained embedded in her heart, holding fast like a spearhead of steel.

Without thinking, Merida reached a hand and placed it on Willow's arm. "That doesn't sound very grand at all. Watching the world go by, folk living their lives, and not having a life to call your own.." She shook her head. "I'm sorry. I just... Wasn't thinking about it like that. I was imagining what it might be like to be a thing of magic, part of some...big mystery." A shrug of her shoulders ended the half formed explanation. As if realizing she had reached out a hand in unspoken comfort, Merida tentatively drew it back. She had not missed the mention of herself. "Me?" Merida raised a hand, pointing to her chest, her expression between curious and incredulous. "Interesting? What was interesting about me coming along?"

The injustice of gammy magic burned ever bright. Merida's face colored, as she took the edge of the sheets in a fist. "There has to be some means to break it. That witch.." she nearly spat. "... I mean, I didn't know what she was doin'! I wanted to change my mum, so I could change my fate... how was I suppose to know she was going to change her into a bear?!" Merida let go of the sheets, making a flamboyant gesture with outstretched arms. "How were you to know she was going to change you into a wisp? That's not even fair!" Merida eyed Willow, her gaze narrowing with puzzlement. "What did you ask her for then?"

WHAT HAS FATE BROUGHT?

willow ailsa winslet- ||OOC: sorry for delay ||
PM
^
willow ailsa winslet
 Posted: Jun 28 2017, 03:44 PM

Will-O'-the-Wisp
FROM Brave

22 YEARS
5'9"
bisexual
single
Lauren

Willow tried her best not to consider what being a wisp for hundreds of years entailed. She was well aware that her father was long dead as well as any friends that she had while working at the castle. It just wasn't something that she wanted to think about as she was now in a whole new world that she had to figure out. Maybe someday she'd tried to find out more of the specifics when she actually had time and the energy to do so. Now, she was mostly just concerned with Merida as she was most likely confused and missing her family. This was her first priority as this girl hadn't had the same experiences and doing her best to make sure that she wouldn't. Protecting Merida from some of the horrors of the world was a job that she was willing to adopt as she had done before in the Animated World.

Willow gave her a soft smile. "No it wasn't. But at least I don't have to anymore. And don't apologize, it wasn't your fault at all. It is a mystery still to me." She pursed her lips, trying to think of what else to say. "Aye, you. You were different from the rest. I'm not sure why though. Many people made deals with the witch after me, but none gave me this weird feeling that things would change like watching you did. If that makes any sense." Willow finally shut up after realizing she might have been rambling. She had noticed that she tended to do so when thinking about her past. It was just whenever she thought deeply about her past, she remembered an odd memory, like the way the sun glinted off the flowers near her childhood home or a detail about Merida's childhood. They were nice, but like most things beautiful, they faded away as quickly as they appeared.

Realizing Merida's rage, Willow tried her best to think of ways to backtrack. She absentmindedly patted Merida's arm, a half attempt of trying to calm her down. "Well, if there is, she never told me, so I'm not sure if it ever can be broken." Willow was mad at the witch to this day, but her anger was by no means as visible as Merida's was. This was concerning to her, since she didn't know if this would affect the headaches at all. "I didn't. I guess that goes to show you shouldn't take food from a stranger." She weakly laughed at her poor attempt at a joke, remembering being told that by one of the people at Haven Hill. Kidnappings were apparently commonplace especially if the kidnapper was offering food or young animals. "I asked her for nothing. She had me collect some specific flowers and then gave me a weird cookie, which I ate. I think I remember her muttering something about my destiny or something like that." She sighed, knowing that hindsight was 20/20 and that she had made a poor decision by trusting that horrid woman.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

static affiliates: now accepting