ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY -> Dirty Paws
click to rearrange
a bit quiet? join us on
discord!

endless diamond sky 
spotlights
BECCA

Becca is yet another member that has returned to us, and was sorely missed in her absence. As much a part of the family as though she'd been here from the very beginning. She's always welcoming, always kind and supportive, and most importantly ready to offer all the magical feels-breaking plots you could ever ask for. So don't forget to show her your love next time you see her!

MEMBER OF THE MONTH
PAIR OF THE MONTH

SKYLAR CASSIDY & WILLIAM CALIBUR

THREAD OF THE MONTH

MELT YOUR HEADACHE
NICCOLO THANASIS & COSMO BENNET

KATRINA HECTOR
charas of the month

MORTIMER WYNTER
welcome!
Welcome to ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY! We are an animation personified site set both in the animated world and present day San Francisco. A terrible darkness is spreading through the animated realm, driving everyone from their homes and into unknown territory that we know as reality. Now they find themselves at a crossroads: do they fight for their world or do they turn their back on it and make San Francisco their home? What will you choose?

setting 
san francisco, calif. 2018

___

please register
first middle last
in all lowercase!
AMANDA (admin)
SAM (admin)
FOREST (admin)
POND (mod)
ALLIE (mod)
staff
DISCLAIMER:
EDS is known to cause death by soul-crushing feels. Don't forget your feels bucket.

addreply
newthread
newpoll

Dirty Paws, Tag: Pond/Janine
sterling douglas spiegel
 Posted: Jan 4 2018, 05:02 PM

What wouldst thou know, my Queen?.

Magic Mirror
  Snow White
  35 years old
  Single
  Questioning
  he/him/his/grump
  Kay (Any)
 87 POSTS

awards

The bees had declared a war The sky wasn't big enough for them all The birds, they got help from below From dirty paws and the creatures of snow
The best thing about dogs and cats was that they didn't give a crap if you weren't a great conversationalist. They just wanted food and someone to scratch their backs and bellies. Sterling was happy to comply with that. Most people wouldn't consider him an animal lover, then again most people knew him at work. Work Sterling was tidy, efficient, and frigid. His workspace reflected that, as did his home. Yet as soon as he entered the animal shelter, work Sterling was gone. Instead was a carefree man, just here to pets some cats and walk some dogs for the shelter.

He hadn't actually planned on ever being in an animal shelter, but when he'd first crossed over and settled into a new life he'd used his power to search for the Queen. When he didn't find her, he searched for Snow White, another victim of the Queen. He didn't actually know what had become of her. She could have been dead by the Queen's hand for all he knew. When the darkness swallowed up the castle, his mirror with it, he knew only that the Queen was on her way to kill Snow White. He was expecting to find her soul in the realms of the dead or making her way through some forest in their home realm. Seeing her alive, well, and working at an animal shelter in San Fransisco was the last place he expected to see the fairest of them all. She was still as beautiful as she'd been in their animated world, still as happy as the first time he saw her through the mirror. He noticed he always saw her with animals, and thus his curiosity drove him to visit an animal shelter- one she didn't work at of course.

It was the best decision he had made. Though still smart creatures, the animals of this world needed help from humans now and then. And the bonds he'd see between pets and their owners were spectacular. Any thoughts he had about humans using these pets as slaves was gone. Sure some people were monsters, using pups as bait dogs, dog fights, even kids harming stray cats still got him fired up. But when a scared, sad dog found an owner that cherished him or a feral cat was coaxed into accepting the hugs she deserved... Sterling found himself adoring these moments and when he had a long work day or was stressing about his own life and fears, he found himself switching from his suit to jeans and making his way to the shelter.

Today was one of those days. He'd had a rather difficult time finding the perfect place for a new refugee from the animated world and had looked into the mirror on his desk to see the clients future. Because it'd been some time since he crossed over, the stress had left him with quite the headache... and the need to get some air with a furry companion.

The shelter he went to was a no-kill, filled with rescues from kill shelters and not much staff. When Sterling walked in, the woman at the counter smiled and waved him through. He was there often enough that the staff knew him, and had even asked if he wanted set hours. Having one day job was constraining enough so he declined every time. It didn't stop him from coming back again and again. Walking in, smiling a rare smile to the shelter staff, grabbing a leash off the wall, and asking who hadn't gotten out yet.

Today it was Riddle- a handsome red Pitty with the most charming smile. He was a bit of a tank and had even scared Sterling the first time he saw the hunk of drool and wags, but the man had quickly learned Riddle was just a couch potato disguised as a bitting machine. He had only one ear and the way it flopped around when Sterling tried to get Riddle's collar on made the dog look lopsided. After many pets and 'good boy's the duo went out for a lap around the block... then another, and eventually, one more because oh boy, was the lazy pooch actually energetic today. It was like Riddle knew just what Sterling needed. Sterling found the dog quite insightful. When the Pitty was finally slowing down, Sterling brought him back to the shelter only to find an unknown person standing inside.

janine bianca winters

BY MITZI
PM
^
janine bianca winters
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 11:40 PM

I DIDN'T MEAN TO FRIGHTEN YOU..

snow white
  snow white and the seven dwarfs
  26 years old
  single
  straight

pond ()
 166 POSTS

awards

Notes:
so excited for this!
Words:
all alone just the beat inside my soul
where my dreams are made of gold
A new job was always a scary time, from what Janine had read. It was okay to feel uncertain, or nervous about what might happen next. Sometimes things weren’t very obvious, and it took time to truly find out what would happen. So if she had butterflies flying around her stomach, well, that would simply be how things would have to be. It was something she could think about as well- the last time she truly, honestly, had butterflies was the night with Leo. The night he kissed her and everything changed. She went from knowing nothing to knowing everything about herself, and none of it was what was she expected, none of it at all. A princess from another world? An evil stepmother who wanted her dead? A huntsman? Absolutely none of it seemed like it could ever, ever be possible. Maybe in a dream, but never in the real world. Never.

Then there was another time she had butterflies- when she stopped running. When the princess finally accepted that her memories were honestly her own, she had to go back. She couldn’t stay away from Leo forever, and she couldn’t hurt him at all. After all, he had been a dear friend. A friend who took a step to change what was between them, and instead unleashed the floodgates. Janine couldn’t blame him for any of it at all- instead, she had to thank him. So as soon as she had the courage she was there, ready to speak to him again. Ready to move on from it all. And now she had one other moment on her list of nervous times. This was going to be an actual, real job. One where she would be doing almost the same thing as before, but this place would be for real. Not just a volunteer situation anymore, and it was absolutely insane to be experiencing something like this.

At least the animals wouldn’t judge her. No matter what, as long as they were getting pet and fed, they would be perfectly content. Janine knew she would be able to get along with them all, and she could only hope she would make an impact on their lives. Easy, right? As long as she was doing her job, things would be wonderful. Not that her job would even be stressful- this was something Janine knew like the back of her hand. She would just be meeting new people and working in a new situation. As long as no one was rude or crazy or anything, things would be fine. Janine couldn’t let the nerves get to her, not at this moment. She would just have to start working and have a great time.

The outside and inside of the center might have been different, but the smell was still far too familiar. Maybe this place wouldn’t be too scary after all? After all, if the animals were treated well, that had to mean that the place was good as well. And Janine never would have applied to a place that scared her- she was smarter than that. So this would be a good time, she was sure of it. With a smile on her face she worked to prepare herself in the back room, putting on her logo’d shirt and making sure her pants looked okay. Then it was time to move out and start to greet people- starting with a man bringing a dog back inside. Janine had been told that some people came to help walk the animals, and that was wonderful. Sometimes that was enough to help people find their future pets without even realizing it!

”Hello!” she spoke with a smile, ”You must be one of the volunteers! It’s nice to meet you, I’m Janine. I just started here.”

Vel¤

--------------------
user posted image
Sam <3
PM
^
sterling douglas spiegel
 Posted: Jan 11 2018, 02:51 PM

Magic Mirror
  Snow White
  35 years old
  Single
  Questioning
  he/him/his/grump
  Kay (Any)
 87 POSTS

awards

The bees had declared a war The sky wasn't big enough for them all The birds, they got help from below From dirty paws and the creatures of snow
"Uh." Eloquent man that he was, 'uh' was all Sterling could come up with upon seeing Snow standing in the animal shelter. This wasn't the one she frequented he- he was sure, he'd checked before coming here! Yet there she was, smiling and introducing herself as Janine. Thankfully, Riddle pulling on the leash to get a sniff of the new person broke the stupor Sterling had found himself in.

"Yes, yes I am." He said, trying not to look as nervous as he felt. Questions raced through his head. Did she have her memories? Could she even know who he was? What if she did? Would it be possible she was here for revenge? To be honest, he didn't know much about her. Sterling knew of her beauty, and he knew that it'd made her an enemy of the Queen. Snow's- Janine's personality was unknown to him, along with any powers she might or might not possess.

There was always the chance that he was being paranoid, it was very likely to be the case. Did it stop him from being cautious or freaked out? No, not at all. It did allow him to take a breath and remind himself to act casual. Seeing the red Pitt Bull wagging his tail and grinning his doggy grin at Janine helped calm his suddenly high anxiety. Maybe it was like he'd originally thought, and she was as much of a victim as he was.

"I'm Sterling," He greeted her, and while kneeling down to pet the happy pooch's head, he said, "and this is Riddle. Who will probably be napping as soon as he gets back to his kennel." He got back on his feet and dusted off his pants. Of course, there was no dusting off the amount of pet hair that'd clung to him, but he had to try. "Why did you switch shelters?" The moment it was out of his mouth he regretted it. There was no guarantee that she knew of magic or of their home realm. In fact, there was a high chance she'd consider him a stalker now, as she hadn't mentioned working at another shelter previously.

janine bianca winters

BY MITZI
[/QUOTE]
PM
^
janine bianca winters
 Posted: Jan 23 2018, 01:03 AM

snow white
  26 years old
  single
  straight

pond ()
 166 POSTS

awards

Notes:
so excited for this!
Words:
There were plenty of times when those who came to the shelter didn’t know what to say or what to do. Sometimes they didn’t seem comfortable around the animals, or perhaps they just didn’t know what sort of pets they wanted. It was an interesting time, to be quite sure, as Janine worked and did her best to help those who seemed uncertain of what to do next. All she could hope to do would be to give those who were different new and better lives. What else could she truly dream of? There was almost nothing better than bringing the lives of others so much joy and happiness. Animals could do such a thing, no matter what others claimed- those sorts of people were just insane to think it wasn’t good and happy. It was insane, honestly. Perhaps her life was a bit strange and a bit different, but that didn’t mean she didn’t know what was right or wrong. She just had a different way of looking at life.

So this man was just like many. Unsure. Uncertain. That didn’t mean there was anything wrong, not as far as Janine was concerned. He would figure it out with time, and she would be there to help him and guide him along the way! Truly, she could not wish for anything worse or better. She smiled at the dog as it pulled towards her- he certainly was a cutie! Janine pet his head as he pulled towards her. ”That’s so wonderful!” the woman spoke with a smile. It was lovely to meet with someone so good and kind, with truly a heart of gold. Did she know such a thing? Not yet, but soon enough, she knew it would reveal itself to be true.

He seemed a bit uncertain, a bit worried about something… It was a strange situation to experience. Could she do anything to help him out? For now she would give him the moments to compose himself- it was almost like seeing her did something to mess him up. How? Why? Ah, well, in time things would come to make sense, she was sure of it. The words of welcome were ready to leave her mouth, and ready to make an impact… But instead he asked her more? ”Switch shelters?” she asked, tilting her head a bit, ”Did we meet back when I worked at the other place? Oh my, I didn’t expect anyone to recognize me!”

Vel¤

--------------------
user posted image
Sam <3
PM
^
sterling douglas spiegel
 Posted: Jan 29 2018, 02:59 PM

Magic Mirror
  Snow White
  35 years old
  Single
  Questioning
  he/him/his/grump
  Kay (Any)
 87 POSTS

awards

Her first comment said with such genuine happiness, along with her seemingly sweet demeanor when she reached out to give the friendly dog a pet was enough to let him relax. She could have been acting he reminded himself, but even if his fears came true and she turned out to be some vengeful sorcerous would she risk doing something here? Sure the shelter was small, and there was maybe one other person working there, but it was still a public place. He'd be fine, right?

He cleared his throat before answering her question, "No, we have never met at the other shelter." A tiny voice in his head told him to lie, make up a story, or say anything that could get him on her good side. Sterling wasn't a liar though. After years of being forced to tell the truths of the universe, he was just used to it. Plus he had seen many people's lives get tangled in lies. Fate seemed to get the truth out eventually, no matter what lies covered it.

"I'm not sure if you remember anything before San Francisco?" There was a hesitation in his normally emotionless voice, and he couldn't shake it. Partly due to not knowing how she'd react, and partly because he wanted to make sure he used the right words- had she no memory, he'd hate to be the person to tell her about the animated world.

janine bianca winters ((Sorry for shortness ^^; Tried to get this in before class started))

BY MITZI
PM
^
janine bianca winters
 Posted: Mar 6 2018, 12:11 AM

snow white
  26 years old
  single
  straight

pond ()
 166 POSTS

awards

Notes:
so excited for this!
Words:
Ever since getting her memories back, everything seemed to be changing. From the people she met to just how she acted- little things were shifting around here and there to make Janine into an entirely new person. Not that she had any sort of issue with that, seeing as having her memories was far better than having nothing at all. She got the chance to reconnect with her prince- which was still an odd word to use- and she no longer had to live in a cloud of misunderstanding. Sure, she definitely would never eat an apple in her life, but that didn’t matter in the long run. The brunette was happy now, content with how the world worked, and she had a chance to really make herself into something better. Working at a place like this would only add to it, she was sure of it! After all, who didn’t love a chance to spend time with cute little animals?

”Oh, really? Janine was a bit surprised- from the pale to his skin from seeing her, it seemed obvious that he had met her before. Was it something else she couldn’t remember? Perhaps someone she met in this world at one point? Or someone from before? Janine had no idea either way. Sterling had nothing familiar about him, not as far as she was concerned. So what was all this about? She continued to pet the pup on his head, just wondering and waiting for whatever would happen next. The shelter was still empty, but she had no fear of him being someone dangerous. If the animals weren’t worried, well, why should she? Janine knew better than to trust the little things, but sometimes that was the only thing that made sense.

So where did they know one another from? Janine wanted to ask, but she just felt like he would share. Right? There had to be something.

Before San Francisco.

”I do.” she spoke softly. That was enough to speak for now- if they spoke more she could share other details. So who was he? He wasn’t her prince… But who else was there? ”Who… Who are you?”

Vel¤

--------------------
user posted image
Sam <3
PM
^
sterling douglas spiegel
 Posted: May 18 2018, 07:12 PM

Magic Mirror
  Snow White
  35 years old
  Single
  Questioning
  he/him/his/grump
  Kay (Any)
 87 POSTS

awards

While he felt awkward in plenty of social situations since arriving in the city, this would be one of the few he actually decided to stick around for. He blamed his inability to move his feet on the dog. However, he knew it was really a strange mix of curiosity and fear. Her own tone seemed to sound curious too, and thanks to him it quickly became questioning.

So"I spied on you and like, anyone the royal family wanted me to for a century or two, maybe twelve, maybe just a few years, I'm not sure. Hard to tell how much time is passing by when you're a mirror" really didn't seem like the best thing to say, but it was pretty close to what he was trying to say. In fact, Sterling opened his mouth to say something along those lines but quickly shut his trapt and tried to quickly think up a few words that would come across as... well, anything more articulate.

"Sterling is the only name I ever remember having." He answered honestly, meeting her eyes and hoping she would take the eye contact as a sign of truthfulness. He was also hoping she wouldn't smite him, but hey, maybe she wasn't some evil, malevolent being like the Queen seemed to have been. "But Her Majesty and many before her called me Spirit of the Magic Mirror or Slave in the Magic Mirror." Speaking his old titles, those used to summon and use him to glean the knowledge of the universe, it sent a shiver through his spine. It always did when he spoke of it, and honestly, it had been quite a while since he had to speak of it.

Despite his obvious nerves about the topic, and the fact that he began fiddling with the end of the dog's leash, his voice was still stoic so he continued, "I am unsure of your knowledge of magic, but for you to have escaped the Queen twice I'm assuming you have some. Enough to know that while I was used against you, that it was against my own will?" As he spoke, he wrapped the end of the leash around his hand, unwound it, wound it around again, and continued back and forth. This was it, surely she would piece together that he was the tool used to, inadvertently, to discover Snow White. Or maybe she'd surmise that he was the one to uncover her and the Huntsman's ruse with the animal heart. Maybe she would figure out both?

janine bianca winters

BY MITZI
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

topic options
addreply
newthread
newpoll

static affiliates | status: open