ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY -> come here often?
click to rearrange
a bit quiet? join us on
discord!

endless diamond sky 
spotlights
WENDY

A lover of AUs and a master of causing the feels, Wendy is always at the ready to offer love and support to her fellow members. Her posts are lovingly constructed, detailed, and every character speaks in their own voice; from the lovable Cadi to the villainous Cala. EDS wouldn't be the same without her, so go show her some love!

MEMBER OF THE MONTH
PAIR OF THE MONTH

ZELDA NOAKES & TERENCE HALLOWS

THREAD OF THE MONTH

LITTLE SHOP 'O HADES
NICCOLÒ THANASIS & PERSIE ANTHOS

NIAMH ROSS
charas of the month

MARTINE ANKER
welcome!
Welcome to ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY! We are an animation personified site set both in the animated world and present day San Francisco. A terrible darkness is spreading through the animated realm, driving everyone from their homes and into unknown territory that we know as reality. Now they find themselves at a crossroads: do they fight for their world or do they turn their back on it and make San Francisco their home? What will you choose?

setting 
san francisco, calif. 2018

___

please register
first middle last
in all lowercase!
AMANDA (admin)
SAM (admin)
FOREST (admin)
POND (mod)
ALLIE (mod)
staff
DISCLAIMER:
EDS is known to cause death by soul-crushing feels. Don't forget your feels bucket.

addreply
newthread
newpoll

come here often?, @ Tikanni [Balto] / Leaf
jenna aurora caldwell
 Posted: Mar 7 2018, 01:35 PM

the northern lights... they're beautiful.

Jenna
  Balto
  20 years old
  Taken
  Bisexual
  she/her
  Moli (she/her)
 26 POSTS

awards

The Lantern Cafe was not as busy as it normally was. It had just opened, early in the afternoon. Most of Jenna's business came from the evenings, when owners were off of work and brought their dogs so they could run freely in the park while they enjoyed good company and chatter alongside their food and drink. But there were some people - some people came in for a bit of a "lunch rush", small though it was.

Coffee cups clinked as she placed them back on the shelf, and she turned as the little bell above the door tinged to let her and her staff know someone was there. She turned and smiled, waving kindly toward the young woman who had entered with her chocolate lab, who was already straining to get toward the park. She giggled, heart warming as she watched the happy pup bound out of the back door to join a few other dogs that were romping outside.

Once the owner's order was taken care of, she looked toward the back of the shop, where a familiar face sat - she didn't know the young man's name, but he liked to come in and watch the dogs and enjoy his coffee, though sometimes tea. She didn't mind casual visitors who didn't have dogs - as long as they paid for their food, what was the big deal anyway? - but she had to admit he was curious why he came in so regularly. Maybe a dog or patron had his interest? That could be cute, or it could be a little creepy. Well, as long as he's not weird about it, that's what matters in the end. She thought with a little shrug to herself. She didn't think he was being creepy - he didn't seem that way to her. In fact, he seemed almost familiar, like she should know him. But a lot of people seemed that way, with her past and the animated world behind her.

Noticing his coffee cup's levels dipping, she picked up the coffee pot as she walked toward his table. "Care for a refill?" She offered with a smile as she stopped just short of his table. She didn't want to bother him, or approach him unnecessarily. I'd do this for any patron, she reminded herself, trying not to think too hard about it.

and to the east, the sun

@ tikanni william calder i'm hype for awkward, are you?
PM
^
tikanni william calder
 Posted: Mar 17 2018, 11:22 PM

Since when do you need a pedigree to help someone?.

Balto
  Balto
  25 years old
  Single

Leaf ()
 17 POSTS

awards

Just to catch a glimpse
I have a question to the world, not an answer to to be heard, or a moment that's held your arms. And what do you think you'd ever say, I won't listen anyways. You don't know me, and I'll never be what you want me to be.
II
It'd been a long day at the Sanctuary, but a good one. He'd decided to stop off at his favorite cafe on the way back. The very idea of going back to his lonely apartment while he was still in a good mood didn't sound so great. He had time to kill and he'd rather not be alone for it on this particular day.

If asked why this particular cafe had his interest out of all the others he'd comment it was the coffee and tea and treats. Or perhaps the care the staff took and how it was dog friendly. Those were all great and all, but really, it was nice to just get away and forget about his troubles past work. However, the true root of it: there was a certain someone that had caught his eye. At first, he'd occasionally come in on his way to work because it was on his route. That was when a certain girl could be seen in the back helping to get new food and make drinks caught his eye. Since then, he'd been wanting to catch more of seeing her, to at least get a name. But that was kinda creepy so he'd brushed it off and decided to just enjoy the dogs and atmosphere here and just forget about it. Now stopping in was just habit, especially on bad days where being lonely wasn't something he wanted to be, like right now. Or when he had an especially bad night before and hadn't been able to shake it.

Right now, he was sitting at a table by himself in the Lantern, a candle lit, while working on some paperwork he'd taken from work. He kept getting distracted in his thoughts and playing with the idea to ask a particular owner that had a retriever mix if he could play with them in the little yard a bit. Owners usually didn't mind in his experience at a place like this.

A sudden sweet voice had him blinking and looking up, a bit startled to have been talked to, shaken from his thoughts. "Uh, what.. yes-".His eyes met those of a girl who was holding a coffee pot. It was the girl from several months back and now she was right here in front of him. His mind blanked, but a familiar sting of recognition surfaced out of nowhere and before he could question it and grab on, it vanished back into the depths it'd come from.

Realizing how odd it was to just stare with his mouth open, he hastily took the cup he'd been drinking coffee from and pushed it towards her, hands still holding it still for her to easily pour it into. "Oh! Sorry, sorry, yes please, that'd be great." He looked back up at her with a goofy apologetic smile. "I was stuck in thought, sorry for staring ahah...ha." His fake laugh died off awkwardly. Don't act weird. Don't act like a creep. He really hoped it wasn't making a bad impression so quickly. But god, those eyes had struck him something fierce and the way her red hair seemed to frame it had all but had him fumbling for words. What a loser. He'd never gotten a good enough look at her, but now she was right here.

Tag @Jenna Aurora Caldwell
PM
^
jenna aurora caldwell
 Posted: Apr 3 2018, 07:55 AM

Jenna
  Balto
  20 years old
  Taken
  Bisexual
  she/her
  Moli (she/her)
 26 POSTS

awards

His pause held the moment between them, her hand steadily holding the pot above the table. There was something about the awkward but charming smile, the ruffled hair and scruffy look with kind eyes. It sounded too much like a ridiculous romance novel, the longer she thought about it. She was almost relieved, but almost not, when he pushed his cup forward and the moment ended.

"It's okay, it happens to everyone." She smiled as she tipped over the pot to fill his coffee. "Any of those yours?" She gestured out of the open door toward the dogs romping in the dog park. She hadn't ever seen him walk in with a dog, but that seemed the easiest way to ask a bit more about him.

and to the east, the sun

@ tikanni william calder i'm hype for awkward, are you?

PM
^
tikanni william calder
 Posted: Apr 15 2018, 03:12 PM

Balto
  Balto
  25 years old
  Single

Leaf ()
 17 POSTS

awards

Just to catch a glimpse
I have a question to the world, not an answer to to be heard, or a moment that's held your arms. And what do you think you'd ever say, I won't listen anyways. You don't know me, and I'll never be what you want me to be.
II
Crisis adverted, he wasn't a weirdo, mission accomplished, oh thank god. While he didn't like the implication that it happened all the time for her, he was glad she had no ill will towards him.

He watched the pot fill his empty mug and said a quick thank you before grabbing the half and half little packets and quickly changing the blackness of the coffee to a more friendly blonde coloring. At her question, he looked towards where she was looking and referring to. Several dogs were wrestling and a few others merely content to sit by their person while they chatted. He smiled at the site and shook his head. "Nope, none of them are big enough to be mine. I have enough highly opinionated wolf dogs to take care of on the clock, more than enough work to count as two or three each aha. They are a bunch of bratty children, but cute nonetheless." He grabbed the sugar canister and began to pour a huge helping into his coffee before stirring. It was the only way to drink the stuff in his opinion, sweet and no where close to bitter.

Tikanni tried to guess if any of the dogs here were the lady's. "Do you have any here considering you work here? Seems like a cool place to bring a dog to work."

PM
^
jenna aurora caldwell
 Posted: Apr 30 2018, 08:15 AM

Jenna
  Balto
  20 years old
  Taken
  Bisexual
  she/her
  Moli (she/her)
 26 POSTS

awards

"Wolf dog?" She repeated back at him. It was partially a question, as she wasn't familiar with the term. But at the same time, it reminded her of something. Not quite a dog, not quite a wolf. It didn't make any sense, at least not that she could make out.

"They sound like fun. If they're good with other dogs, maybe they would like to visit sometime." She smiled gently as she adjusted her grip on the pot to be more comfortable while they spoke.

"Oh, no, I don't have one of my own yet. I only just got a place of my own. And uh, I haven't found the right one for me yet." She wasn't sure how to phrase to a stranger that no dog had felt right, even though she missed the company of dogs and would love to bring one home. At least her cafe brought many into her life. It was a good way to occupy herself until she found a dog for her.

and to the east, the sun

PM
^
tikanni william calder
 Posted: May 29 2018, 03:01 PM

Balto
  Balto
  25 years old
  Single

Leaf ()
 17 POSTS

awards

Just to catch a glimpse
II
Her question back at him and the immediate response to her thinking they sounded fun, made him lightly laugh. "Oh no, I could maybe bring one of them, but the rest you’d just have to come over and meet yourself. They don’t know their own size sometimes and other dog owners may not feel comfortable with the around, them being half wild animal and all.”

The idea of a bunch of wolf dogs running amok in the little cafe backyard was hilarious, but he could see how it’d go downhill quite quickly, especially if the owners of the dogs weren’t prepared.

Jenna’s answer to his question about dogs, had him blinking, a bit shocked she didn’t have one yet. He’d assumed she’d have one, especially working here and all. Her moving made sense though and he hoped she’d get one soon enough, she looked like the type that’d treat them well.

"That makes sense… something tells me you’d be a great dog mom in the future... though what you are looking for in a dog is really important.... any breed in particular you are looking at?”

PM
^
jenna aurora caldwell
 Posted: Jun 22 2018, 10:35 AM

Jenna
  Balto
  20 years old
  Taken
  Bisexual
  she/her
  Moli (she/her)
 26 POSTS

awards

There was something in the way he talked about how people might be uncomfortable since they were half wild animal that struck a chord in Jenna. She nodded in understanding - he certainly wasn't wrong, and as a business owner she didn't want to handle all of those complaints based on such concerns. But personally, she felt something stir in her gut. It seemed unfair to judge just based on breed - why did that feeling seem familiar?

"I'm not sure, really. I've always liked huskies, but I'll probably rescue." As she said this, a thought occurred to her. "You know, I think I would like to meet your wolfdogs, since they can't visit here and all. Maybe one would speak to me. Are any of them adoptable?" She asked, her tone bright at the thought. A wolfdog. She smiled cheerfully for a reason that, if asked in that moment, she wasn't sure she could explain.

Besides, maybe she could talk to him a little more. She hadn't even gotten his name yet, but he seemed nice, and still agonizingly familiar, just enough to pique her curiosity. Not that that was the main reason she was going, of course. The way he talked about them, the wolfdogs sounded like fun to visit. How often did someone get an opportunity to visit such a sanctuary anyway?

and to the east, the sun

PM
^
tikanni william calder
 Posted: Jun 26 2018, 01:20 PM

Balto
  Balto
  25 years old
  Single

Leaf ()
 17 POSTS

awards

Just to catch a glimpse
II
A husky, huh? He could definitely see it. In fact, that's part of why he'd been surprised. She seemed like the type to own a husky or two. Maybe more for a show and family part of the breed, not for work.

He smiled warmly at her suggestion of coming to the sanctuary and the idea that she might want to adopt from them. "Well there are a few we consider adoptable. There might be one or two I think that might be a perfect fit." He considered the options, and yep, definitely he knew of a few he'd love to place in the care of her. Plus, he'd be able to show off the sanctuary to Jenna. More time to spend getting to know her and helping the dogs... was it Christmas or something? He hadn't expected to ever get to talk to the girl at the cafe, much less set up a date to have her come to his work too.

Taking a quick look at this phone, he realized what time it was. "I don't want to keep you too long since you're on the clock. But come by the Sanctuary anytime and ask for Tikanni Calder, I'll help you out right away and introduce you to them." Quickly, he wrote down the name of the place, their number (not his sadly, but it still got his heart a fluttering just a bit with nerves as if it was), and his own name on torn piece of paper off the notebook he had in his bag. He then handed it to her.

PM
^
jenna aurora caldwell
 Posted: Jun 29 2018, 07:57 AM

Jenna
  Balto
  20 years old
  Taken
  Bisexual
  she/her
  Moli (she/her)
 26 POSTS

awards

Jenna reflected his warm smile back at him when he said that they had some adoptable dogs, and some that might even be a perfect fit. "Awesome. You'll have to introduce me, then." She nodded eagerly, warming at the thought of meeting the wolfdogs and potentially finding a beloved companion. It would be a great fit with her athletic lifestyle, and possibly even taking them to work with her. And there wasn't a disadvantage to getting to know this familiar man.

She glanced at the analog clock on the wall when he commented on the time and nodded. Sadly, she should get back to work. No doubt there were orders that needed to be taken out by now. "I will. Thank you, Tikanni. Will you be available this weekend?" She asked, taking the written down information that he had written down with a bit of a shy smile.

As she heard his name, she realized she had never said her own. He might be able to tell from the nametag, but it was still polite to introduce herself properly before she just showed up at his place of work to adopt one of the dogs he cared for. "I'm Jenna, by the way, Jenna Caldwell. Now you'll know who to look for when I stop by." She giggled a little, surprised by just how shy and heart-fluttering she felt.

and to the east, the sun

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

topic options
addreply
newthread
newpoll

static affiliates | status: open