ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY -> Dream Walking
click to rearrange
a bit quiet? join us on
discord!

- endless diamond sky -
spotlights
ACXE

Acxe is a true gem. Always present, always eager to offer up support and a kind word. They've given life to an interesting cast of characters from Kristoff to Cerberus, all of which are a welcome edition to EDS and played phenomenally. If you haven't, now is definately a good time to show your appreciation, and thank Acxe for everything they do!

PAIR

Sterling & Helen

another sunrise
helen

gen aura
CHARA

leia joyce
CHARA
wildcard
CATEGORY: OOC QUOTE
WINNER: POND
"i have heart boners for all of you"
WELCOME
Welcome to ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY! We are an animation personified site set both in the animated world and present day San Francisco. Open since OCTOBER 2015, we are a friendly, thriving community who welcomes players from all levels and backgrounds. When registering your account, please register with first middle last in all lowercase!

A terrible darkness is spreading through the animated realm, driving everyone from their homes and into unknown territory that we know as reality. Now they find themselves at a crossroads: do they fight for their world or do they turn their back on it and make San Francisco their home? What will you choose?

AMANDA (admin)
SAM (admin)
FOREST (admin)
POND (mod)
ALLIE (mod)
staff
  SAN FRANCISCO, CALIF.
   PRESENT DAY, 2018
  DANGER LEVEL : LOW
  FEELS WILL BE COMPROMISED

addreply
newthread
newpoll

Dream Walking, Loor/Valencia
aurelie sylvie frey
 Posted: Jul 21 2018, 02:07 PM

And then...I wake up.

Sleeping Beauty
  Sleeping Beauty
  23 years old
  Single
  Bisexual
  She/her
  Lime (She/her)
 13 POSTS

awards

Aurelie supposed that at one point this rundown kingdom was beautiful. The darkness and time had taken its toll on it. Even in this world she didn’t think herself as Aurora. Maybe Briar Rose, she thought as she stared at her hands for a moment. Only maybe. The life she had was too lonely and full of expectations, so she preferred the life she had now. Despite being an adult she found herself twirling, playing pretend. She pretended to be the queen that ruled over these ruins. After all, pretend was easier. Aurelie could stop and forget her pretend duties here then return home. Managing to keep from laughing, she extended a hand to an imaginary courtier. “Why yes, I shall dance with you!” She ignored the lingering feeling of loneliness for now. That fateful day she danced with the owl seemed so far away now. Accepting that the animals might be gone or worse had been one of the hardest parts for her as she got used to a whole new world. There were animals over there but it was hardly acceptable to go dancing with them. Now she danced with that same imaginary person, imagining that he was handsome. Or perhaps he was a she and her beauty matched her kind heart.

She often thought of the handsome stranger that joined her in song. Now she was caught between thinking herself foolish and insisting that love wasn’t logical. Twirling, she imagined being caught in arms that would hold her tight. Aurelie wanted balance–was it naive to want both security and freedom? Opening her eyes, she had the strangest sensation that she wasn’t the only one exploring this poor kingdom that was no more. Pursing her lips, Aurelie gripped the dagger that she always brought with her–strapped to her side. It wouldn’t be much against the darkness itself but might serve to defend herself against those who would do her harm. The feeling pressed against her mind and the thought that it might be a foe did not soothe her. If she had to, she would run. Of course, she had done so often when she realized that time slipped away from her. Her dear aunts always had scolding words for her when she failed to call or visit by a certain time. By now it was an old argument. What if something had happened to her? What if she got hurt?

While Aurelie appreciated their concern, she was no longer a child. She knew the potential dangers and the threat that loomed over their heads. Drawing in a deep breath and ignoring how she shook, she started heading further among the crumbling buildings than she had ever ventured before. Wanting to be daring instead of seeming afraid, she called out into the ruins. “Hello? If anyone is there, I don’t want to hurt you.” The dagger was just a precaution, she told herself. “Come towards the sound of my voice if you mean me no harm.

as much as it hurts, ain't it wonderful to feel? valencia maeve thorne
PM
^
valencia maeve thorne
 Posted: Jul 31 2018, 06:39 PM

Listen well, all of you.

maleficent
  sleeping beauty
  38 years old
  not looking
  impress me
  she/hers
  loor ()
 124 POSTS

awards

HAUNT YOU TO YOUR GRAVE
The 'modern' world, as it were, bored her thoroughly. Where once it was shiny and novel, filled with golden trinkets, green-colored power, and luxurious fabrics, now it was stale. The refugee sorceress had been plummeted back to poverty and desperation the first time she crossed the portal's gate. Her first few years in the bayside city were laden with challenges and a steep learning curve. It had required time and tact to claw her way to the top; not to mention a fair amount of magic. Her short-fuse patience flared at times. There were days when her temper overcame her judgement, when her destructive tendencies ran rampant. Yet the conniving woman welcomed trials and tribulations. They pushed her limits, so they made her greater than she was before.

With nothing more than the day-to-day minutiae of matrimony to stress her limitations, Valencia Thorne grew restless. Idleness did not suit her any better than the dutiful wife's mask she'd constructed for herself. Stephen's career was decidedly mellow; without an impending election, there was less in-fighting amongst his peers (and therefore less mischief for his otherworldly spouse to conjure). Spa appointments and shopping sprees had left her dull and uninspired. There was naught of substance in that peculiar land, only elaborate distractions for the simple-minded denizens. Without trepidation, the witch followed her hunger to the unassuming park, phasing through the invisible veil with ease. Blood and sweat would alleviate her pent-up energy as well as any other salve.

Arriving was effortless in comparison to the long hunt ahead. These days, the creatures seemed less populous. Perhaps it was due to the lack of readily available victims. Maleficent wondered if the decaying husks eventually died, as all mortal beings do. Regardless, she would need to track them to uncover an entertaining afternoon. Stretching her thin, cloaked arms, the monstrous creature conjured her staff and stepped forward. The vista disgruntled her: another crumbling castle. Was she forever doomed to return to King Stefan's memory? Though the state of disrepair gladdened her, such fortresses churned disgust in her belly. The memory of such opulence coated her tongue in a filmy layer of bitterness. Foolish, arrogant bourgeoisie. Entirely blind to the lives of their people. Hypocritical tyrants who built their thrones on foundations built by others.

She approached the structure in spite of herself, uncertain whether her steps were driven by hatred or habit. The lifeless silence struck her sharply. It had been several weeks since her last journey. Petrified branches creaked as a light wind blew through the arid landscape, echoing a welcoming ballad for the horned enchantress.

"Why yes, I shall dance with you!"

The tremolo halted her course mid-step. Stone arch entryway in sight, Maleficent momentarily doubted her senses. This land was inundated with death and wickedness; perchance the dark spirits were misleading her. Suddenly uncertain of her next movement, she stood and waited. Then the voice came again and she couldn't ignore the stark familiarity any longer. Even if this was an illusionary trap, the halfling queen didn't doubt her capacity to escape it. "My, my, my," her silken tone called in reply. Her feet crept onward, cloak gliding behind her so regally she might've been mistaken for a wicked bride. As her tall form glided past the courtyard's threshold, her lime eyes locked onto a girl: one she'd assumed dead. "What, pray tell, are you doing out of bed, precious child?" The grip on her staff tightened. The wretched princess wouldn't escape such a serendipitous encounter without the villainess' indulgence.

aurelie sylvie frey

( © what makes you beautiful )

--------------------
user posted image
© SAM 💚
PM
^
aurelie sylvie frey
 Posted: Aug 6 2018, 03:34 PM

And then...I wake up.

Sleeping Beauty
  Sleeping Beauty
  23 years old
  Single
  Bisexual
  She/her
  Lime (She/her)
 13 POSTS

awards

In all honesty, she preferred the world she lived in now to this broken one. It had been invaded and she lacked the combat skills or even the resolve to help fight for it. Wherever the parents she never met were they didn't know her. Surely they loved her but loving wasn't the same as knowing to her. They did not know her likes or dislikes--only her aunts did. Deep down it felt nice to know that she had parents but she refused to have expectations for them. Expectations led to disappointment. It was much easier to expect nothing of them and if they turned out to be less than she hoped...she wouldn't be upset.

The only expectation she had, though unfair, was that she'd be expected to be a perfect daughter. A true princess through and through. In the end, princesses could not think for or of themselves. If she had to live then she wanted to live for herself. Princesses were often used as bargaining chips for uniting kingdoms or loyalties--it was not a life she wanted. Royal blood ran through her veins, yes, but her heart beat fast and true. She was a person, not to be used in someone's plans or used because someone felt like it. She wasn't some pretty doll to be set up on a high shelf and admired. Her dreams always gave way to the reality that she would rather sleep for a hundred years than be used by someone. Before she was trapped again. A dangerous vow.

Yet she craved for someone to understand. Even though she loved them, her aunts couldn't possibly hope to begin. They coddled and protected her still to the point where she had to scold even Merryweather. Gripping the knife tighter, Aurelie thought herself as a hypocrite. She longed for their company and wished she hadn't insisted on going alone. Her role in life had been dictated by the gifts they bestowed upon her. What use was grace when you had to defend yourself? It could perhaps be useful, yes, but what happened if your enemy didn't fight fair? If she was caught by the dark creatures that ruled over this realm then her small weapon would doom her. A song would not be able to save her, either. You didn't scare anyone away by singing sweetly at them or charming them. No, she just had to show no fear. Fear would be an advantage for them and this crumbling kingdom would not be the last thing she saw. Useless thoughts, perhaps.

Perhaps her unexpected company could hear her heartbeat if they listened hard enough. Standing as tall as she could, she kept an eye out for whoever it was. Be it shadow or person, they would be met with a strong princess despite her distaste towards the title. What was the point of being one if she was to be passive? Unable to make a difference and help others? If she wasn't meant for fighting then she was meant for kindness. White knuckles relaxed slightly, color returning to them when she heard no growl belonging to a feral beast or the sound of a weapon being drawn. Yet she remained cautious still.

Her resolve seemed to crumble away at the sound of that voice. Or, it was quickly unraveling and slipping through her fingers. The princess had only heard that voice speak only a few words but would know it anywhere. Rather than the dreamy quality that acknowledgment possessed when it referred to her prince, this one was of fear. As the dark enchantress came into view, she reluctantly released her hold on the dagger. Such a thing would be useless against the magic that held a powerful sway over her. She remembered insisting a thousand times that she was safe and the enchantress--Maleficent--wouldn't be able to find her. The irony almost made her laugh bitterly but she resisted the urge. Aurelie's blue eyes locked with another pair that spoke of malicious intent. Intent that made her wonder if she would make it over the portal asleep or otherwise. Caught between being polite and assuming a biting tone, she attempted to settle for a middle ground. "It would appear that fate had other plans for me, your..." Aurelie faltered, unsure of how to address the wicked being before her. "The magic that brought my caretakers and I to safety also woke me from my slumber." Yet did she really owe the sorceress that cursed her in the first place an explanation? Stepping as close as she dared, she did not try looking away or running. Now her voice was stronger and less unsure. "If you want to cast a spell on me and once again have your victory, then I demand to know why. I think I deserve an explanation after all this time." Lips pressed into a thin line for a moment, she schooled her face into a neutral expression. "Forgive me if I'm wrong, but to my knowledge you don't even know me." Precious child, she thought bitterly. A thinly veiled insult.

as much as it hurts, ain't it wonderful to feel? valencia maeve thorne
PM
^
valencia maeve thorne
 Posted: Aug 10 2018, 07:30 AM

Listen well, all of you.

maleficent
  sleeping beauty
  38 years old
  not looking
  impress me
  she/hers
  loor ()
 124 POSTS

awards

HAUNT YOU TO YOUR GRAVE
Of all the ways she’d envisioned seeing the pampered child again, this providential circumstance had not crossed her mind. The realm beyond the portal was vast, the paths mercurial. Inconceivable and strange, the decimated land dwelled beyond comprehension. Though the witch was a regular visitor to the arid territory, each crossing spun the wheel of chance. Once or twice, she’d materialized into a horde of rotting monstrosities. The gateway had taken her to oceans, forests, even derelict cities not dissimilar to San Francisco. Staring keenly at a distant memory, Maleficent wondered if the miasmic magic had pulled the two souls back together intentionally. If so, it was surely a blessing and a curse for the respective parties. But that remained to be seen.

An indulgent, eerie smile curled up the green woman’s cheeks. A glimpse of terror in the girl’s eyes was enough to justify the sorceress’ boldness. Staring down at the spritely child, her snicker soon faded. The princess’ tone was less docile than she recalled. It held a vaguely tenacious quality. Perhaps the cataclysm had toughened her. Every survivor had paid a price to keep their lives; had Aurora sacrificed her softness? Processing her terse explanation, the villainess found herself curiously nonplussed. While the curse she’d inflicted upon Stefan’s firstborn had been wrought from the very essence of hell, the fury that rendered their homeland to dust was something else entirely. The blight had claimed Maleficent’s core, her irreplaceable heart and familiar. Chaos was her bailiwick, but the annihilation left nothing behind with which to meddle. The dulled, ravaged landscape became an utter vacuum. Until now.

“What a pity,” she commented. “Eternal slumber suited you so.” It was a false compliment, cloaked in pride. The dark being had bested her once already. It pleased her to hold the power, to know that she controlled this encounter. Their hiding place had laws and norms. This wasteland, however, was ruthless. Even so, her temper flared as the petulant blonde fired back her own demands. “Silence, girl,” she hissed; a fair warning. Unbidden, a thin malachite mist materialized at her feet, accenting her irritation. How dare she question the mistress of black magic? Had she forgotten what transpired the last time their paths intertwined? “Do not forget to whom you speak.” She glared down at the shorter female with narrow slits. The violent light from her stave flashed. With a simple wave of her fingers, the monster could turn that pretty pale flesh into a pyre. She could transform her into a feeble rabbit, or curse her to remain there eternally, unable to return to safety. The possibilities were numerous and tempting. Yet in spite of her mutated, semi-mortal brain, she chose patience. Perhaps the daughter could point her in the direction of the monarch himself. Possibly, she would be of more use as a mobile pawn. Undecided, the predator waited, observing. She needn’t strike prematurely.

“We were acquainted in your infancy,” she retorted pragmatically. She drew a bony finger to her cheek, sizing up her quarry as if Aurora were an intriguing piece of artwork. “I have made no choice with regards to your hereafter, little princess. As you so plainly declare... it appears the fates delivered your salvation.” The major target blazing in her brain spurred her onward from the dull reminiscence. She stepped forward, closing the charged meters between them. Now the young royal would see her in detail; the gnarled horns, ghostly shade, refulgent eyes. “Do not mince words. Where is your father?”

aurelie sylvie frey

( © what makes you beautiful )

--------------------
user posted image
© SAM 💚
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

topic options
addreply
newthread
newpoll

static affiliates | status: open