ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY -> YOURS IF YOU WANT IT
click to rearrange
a bit quiet? join us on
discord!

endless diamond sky 
spotlights
WENDY

A lover of AUs and a master of causing the feels, Wendy is always at the ready to offer love and support to her fellow members. Her posts are lovingly constructed, detailed, and every character speaks in their own voice; from the lovable Cadi to the villainous Cala. EDS wouldn't be the same without her, so go show her some love!

MEMBER OF THE MONTH
PAIR OF THE MONTH

ZELDA NOAKES & TERENCE HALLOWS

THREAD OF THE MONTH

LITTLE SHOP 'O HADES
NICCOLÒ THANASIS & PERSIE ANTHOS

NIAMH ROSS
charas of the month

MARTINE ANKER
welcome!
Welcome to ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY! We are an animation personified site set both in the animated world and present day San Francisco. A terrible darkness is spreading through the animated realm, driving everyone from their homes and into unknown territory that we know as reality. Now they find themselves at a crossroads: do they fight for their world or do they turn their back on it and make San Francisco their home? What will you choose?

setting 
san francisco, calif. 2018

___

please register
first middle last
in all lowercase!
AMANDA (admin)
SAM (admin)
FOREST (admin)
POND (mod)
ALLIE (mod)
staff
DISCLAIMER:
EDS is known to cause death by soul-crushing feels. Don't forget your feels bucket.

addreply
newthread
newpoll

YOURS IF YOU WANT IT, tag: delia and amanda [RF]
elijah ignatius hayes
 Posted: Jan 6 2018, 12:35 AM

the devil went down to alabama lookin for a soul t' steal.

belial
  animated oc
  27 years old
  single
  heterosexual

sammi ()
 59 POSTS

awards

she loves a small town boy like me
His sister would tell him that he was obsessing. Not the good kind of obsessing that ended up in a positive, productive result, but the bad kind, that just left him in jitters and dropping the plates. Again. He was supposed to be the epitome of southern gentleman. Calm, suave, smooth, polite, charismatic.... and not breaking every god damned plate he owned because his hands wouldn't cooperate. Good lord, if he survived this night, it would be a miracle. A miracle on a shitty San Francisco street where Christmas felt more like spring, and home was a distant memory. Two homes. Both alike in their destructive nature, and how hard he ran from them. Not running now. No. This time, yes this time, Elijah Hayes had decided to not run. Mostly.

Mostly it was because he found he couldn't say no lately. And the worst part? He found he didn't mind going along with the plan. A dazzling blonde had interjected herself into his life, and he wasn't trying to actively run away. ( Yet, the devil on his shoulder reminded him. She wasn't running away from him, yet. ) Bridget would call him a moron. She would tell him that he was overanalyzing this overexaggerated darkness he thought he held inside of him. She would also bash him against the head and immediately follow it up with a hug. Sometimes he wished he could see himself through her eyes. Just once. See why she so idolized her older brother, when he saw only faults and short comings. Ah, well. She wasn't here, so he'd have to make due. Imagine what she'd say or do or advise.

But, everything had to be perfect. It wasn't like it was his one and only shot at impressing her, but it was a big shot at impressing her. Delia was special, and he had come to discover that in the weeks that followed their chance meeting. He was doomed. It was written in the stars that he had a weakness for pretty girls with dazzling smiles. Coffee turned into actual dates and actual dates into hanging out and now.... dinner. Dinner for two with him doing the cooking.

Elijah was a deft hand when it came to cooking, and it was the one thing he was good at. The one thing in the whole world where he could lose himself, and everything he was, had been, or would be, and just create something. Something warm. Something wholeseome. Something good. It wasn't fractured by some past trauma. It wasn't something he felt he had to run from. No, this was such a part of him, part of his whole family, that he knew he'd never escape. Well, it was his escape, why would he run away from that?

The invitation to Delia's dance recital was surprising, but heartwarming. It was something to get used to. Invitations to important things. He forgot what it was like. How good it felt to go just because it would make someone else feel good. How good it felt to support someone else. It was like he was made for it. Like whatever power above crafted him to be the kind of person to gain meaning from holding others up. Kind of went hand in hand with cooking, didn't it? It was a service that warmed people and made them happy, without directly influencing them. It was his style.

Which was hilarious in retrospect looking at how much he was panicking over dinner. Dinner. Dinner at his apartment, which was immaculate for once, and it was important. Sure. Okay. What was most important that he focused on dinner. It was like a switch in his head and the rest of his nerves melted away and.... there was only food.

He had decided on making a version of a stuffed chicken breast with spinach and cheese with a light salad and some roasted asparagus. It would be just perfect. Not too heavy, but still filling and required some deft handiwork on his end. By now, he should have been done, but nothing was really going his way. He lost every spice he owned apparently, and in finding them, he lost about thirty minutes of cooking time. Which was why he was still cooking when there was a knock at his door.

"Well... shit," he muttered, quickly washing his hands and trying not to run to the door, to open it slowly and like he wasn't nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Elijah couldn't fake the bright grin before he stepped back so Odelia could walk in.

"Hey darlin', I... dinner ain't quite ready yet, but it's gettin' there. Just make yerself at home?" It came out a little awkward and a little rushed, but hey, he was doing his best.

"The recital was amazin' by the way. Those kids are real lucky t' have you as their teacher. You got some real talent there."

odelia elizabeth lynn || it starts OuO

PM
^
odelia elizabeth lynn
 Posted: Jan 6 2018, 09:22 PM

if i could break this spell, i'd run to him today....

odette
  the swan princess
  27 years old
  dating
  straight
  SHE/HER
  amanda (SHE/HER)
 73 POSTS

awards

WANNA FEEL YOUR HEARTLINES

There was a certain pride that came from seeing something she created come to life on stage. It was her third year working on and presenting a choreographed piece as part of the dance studio's recital at the end of the year, and she'd certainly hit her stride. For most of her students, it was only their second or third dance class, and they were all still very much beginners. But they too were excited and anxious to get up on stage and do their best for their performance, and it showed. Each of the classes had gotten ten minutes, give or take, and hers went last. She'd picked a number of pieces from Sleeping Beauty (her weakness for Tchaikovsky in full force), and tonight was the night where all their hard work would come to fruition.

Naturally, she'd invited Eli; it would feel awfully unfair not to after he'd heard so much about it. The months leading up to the recital, she'd only mentioned it every time they spoke. And, as they'd been speaking more and more frequently, that equated to a lot of talk about her students and her work. It was funny how he hadn't grown tired of listening to her prattle on about the upcoming performance. And yet, she was finding herself unable to tire of him as well, the way he modestly spoke of himself and his own work. (Little did he seem to realize that running one's own business and still being able to be humble about it was a feat in itself.) Either way, he had obliged and she'd sat with him through the rest of the recital until just before her own turn. They'd agreed to meet back up after the whole thing was done, but while she could, she enjoyed his company.

Eventually, she'd slipped away from him in order to join her students backstage before their performance, giving his hand a tender squeeze before she did so. "I'll see you later," she'd whispered in his ear before sneaking out of her seat, past the audience, and out the back door, heading for the stage. From the wings she'd silently cheered on her little dancers, a huge smile on her face and her toe tapping out beats. It all went on smoothly, the only mistakes made were small, and to be expected of the children who'd spent no more than two years dancing, total. They might have been middle schoolers, but she had such fondness for her late bloomers who were new to the art of dance. As the accompaniment reached its few final stanzas and came to a sweeping conclusion, the audience applauded and her students gathered in a line for their bow. After the curtain fell, they held a small reception for the students and their parents. After plenty of congratulations and hand shaking, she finally excused herself from their little party and headed out the door. She made one stop before her final destination, not wanting to show up empty handed. And then, with wine bottle in tow, she headed to Elijah's apartment for dinner as planned.

It wasn't a big deal, right? To go over to his place for the first time and allow him to treat her to a meal after a special occasion... Right? They'd been friends, and that had turned into friends who went on dates. From there it was hard to deny that there was something between them, though at times she had a hard time to admit that they were seeing each other, or romantically involved, or dating - whatever it was that people called it these days. Truthfully, it was a feeling that she'd avoided a long time. Having lost all one's attachments to their former life did that to a person, making it difficult to form new connections or feel a genuine sense of belonging. Was it clichéd to think that there could be someone who'd come into her life and could make her - albeit temporarily - forget about the sorrow she'd suffered in recent years?

Because that was precisely what had happened when she'd met Eli. And it kept happening. Every time she'd see that smile and the spark in his eye when he talked about the diner. It was enough to butterflies even after she thought she'd forgotten how they felt. Nevertheless, they appeared again as the door to his apartment slowly opened to reveal the chef himself inside. She couldn't hold back the smile that bloomed between her cheeks even if she tried. He was stumbling over his words, but it hardly mattered, she got the point. "That's alright," she began. She'd waited all evening for this meal - what was a few moments more? Besides, it would give her time to open up the riesling she pulled it from her bag. "I brought a little something for the gracious host." It was only polite to share something with him after he'd made all of the effort to cook for her. She made a few steps in, eyes glued to the host in question instead of her surroundings.

"Oh thank you, but it's all the kid's doing - they worked so hard this year. I'm just the one to point them in the right direction," she said, a modest smile creeping across her cheeks. Compliments usually didn't phase her, like water off a duck's back, as she knew many came from sheer politeness or obligation. She would be gracious in accepting them, of course, but at times she doubted their authenticity. But she'd found that when Eli was the one giving them, they'd meant that much more. So, even as she chalked her success up to the children in question, she was touched at his kind regards for her. "You really liked it?" she found herself asking as she continued making her way into the room. She meant to follow him into the kitchen but remembered she didn't yet know her way around.

elijah ignatius hayes
ooc// wearing // feel free to only respond to those last two paragraphs lmao

--------------------
user posted image

thank you sam my sweet ♥
PM
^
elijah ignatius hayes
 Posted: Jan 19 2018, 11:41 PM

belial
  animated oc
  27 years old
  single
  heterosexual

sammi ()
 59 POSTS

awards

He figured it was a good enough reward that he managed to make her blush. It was such a small thing, but it made this welcome heat blossom in his chest, and Elijah happily stood off to the side so she could enter and he could close the door with a satisfying click. Okay. That was over, now he just had to remain charming and debonair for the rest of the evening. Yeah. He could do this. People did this all of the time, right? Sure.

"Ah, what----?" A gift? His eyes flickered to the bottle of wine and he found himself smiling, mostly at the stupid moment of panic that replaced that warm feeling. It was just wine. It wasn't beer or whiskey. And he sat with Megan all of the time when she drank, surely this wouldn't be as big of a trigger as he was making it. Sure. Okay. Fine. "Oh, you didn't have t' do that, darlin'." And she was watching him. Any normal person would look at his apartment, but no, she was just watching... him. Panic gone. Warmth back. "Don't discount yer own talent. My mother told us that all the time. I'm a good cook. Yer a good teacher. And it shows." He shrugged before motioning her over and through a hallway that lead to his... rather okay kitchen. It wasn't as big as the restaurant, but... eh.

"I don't lie, Delia. We--ell, okay, white lies, but I ain't lyin' when I say I liked it," he replied with a fast grin before moving back to the counter. "It ain't my diner's kitchen, but it does the job. As for dinner... it's comin'. I'll have it done and in the oven soon. I swear it."

odelia elizabeth lynn || idek he's so nervous omg

PM
^
odelia elizabeth lynn
 Posted: Jan 22 2018, 10:34 AM

odette
  the swan princess
  27 years old
  dating
  straight
  SHE/HER
  amanda (SHE/HER)
 73 POSTS

awards

"I couldn't show up empty handed," she began. He really should have expected something from her, even something so small. Delia didn't know what it was about his own manners that often drew out her own, but they did. "But if it's not to your taste you can always use it for cooking wine," she shrugged, still smiling. Delia was no chef herself - far from it, really - but she knew that wasn't exactly how it worked. It was simply hard to gauge what to bring when she had never seen his home, and didn't yet know what he might like in regards to something for his apartment. Harder still when she didn't know what he was cooking up in the kitchen.

Whatever it was smelled amazing, however. She followed Eli, all the while reaffirming his earlier statement, and she let him. She knew better by now, not to fight back too hard with polite modesty. It wasn't ever insincere, but she'd never known him to be, either. Delia turned her attention instead to the apartment in which she stood, the warmth of the kitchen now fully present as she stepped inside. Even though it had been her students on stage a little more than an hour ago, now Eli was in the spotlight, though she could tell he was hardly used to it.

"Have you ever known me to be impatient?" she asked, half a tease. She had her moments, but on the whole, Odelia knew to recognize when it was worth the wait. Besides, this was the main event and she was here. No more scurrying around meeting parents or shaking hands, she was here had no where else to be. She set the bottle of wine to the side, on pause for now but ready whenever she felt the need for it. "So, what's for dinner?" She hovered for a moment nearer to him to take a peek before taking a few steps back and unbuttoning her jacket, attempting to settle the nerves that had crept up on her. She had been told to make herself at home, right?

elijah ignatius hayes
ooc// wearing // there we go, now we're shorter

--------------------
user posted image

thank you sam my sweet ♥
PM
^
elijah ignatius hayes
 Posted: Mar 10 2018, 01:04 PM

belial
  animated oc
  27 years old
  single
  heterosexual

sammi ()
 59 POSTS

awards

It wasn't that he wasn't used to getting gifts from a guest.... it was that he wasn't used to having guests. There was a wall that he wouldn't let most get behind, and he validated it by saying it was for their protection. It didn't matter from what, it was always there. Too many people had burned and been burned by him that he'd allow it to happen more. And yet...

"Gotta admit, never been one for wine. Always gave me a killer headache," he replied casually before checking on the chicken in the oven, releasing more aromas into the air. Good, it was going good. "I don't mean that I don't appreciate it, a'course, but it'll probably be used for cookin'." He offered a slight smile, trying not to eat his words for dinner before they even got that far.

"You? Never. But, even the most perfect fail sometimes," Elijah said with an actual grin, before waving his hand at the oven. "Stuffed chicken breast with roasted vegetables... that are currently still raw." Dark eyes flickered between the washed assortment of veggies and Odelia before he tilted his head. "Wanna help? Would certainly go faster with two."

odelia elizabeth lynn || bc it always romantic ot halp cook >:D

PM
^
odelia elizabeth lynn
 Posted: Mar 12 2018, 10:26 PM

odette
  the swan princess
  27 years old
  dating
  straight
  SHE/HER
  amanda (SHE/HER)
 73 POSTS

awards

"I would be honored to have provided your kitchen with cooking wine," Delia conceded, the wine left on the counter behind her as she moved further into the kitchen. He'd use it somehow and that was all she wished of her thanks-for-inviting-me-over gift, small though it may be. When the smell of roasted chicken and herbs wafted from the oven door, she was happy to leave the subject behind in favor of whatever miracles were happening inside.

"It smells..." Odelia breathed deeply. "Amazing," she concluded, sorry she couldn't think of a better word. Cooking was naturally Eli's forte, and part of the reason she'd come over. Of course, it was far from the only reason, though she wouldn't turn down any opportunity to have his cooking. The main reason, however, was that Eli himself would be here - and wanted her here too. The significance of the invitation, casual though it might have sounded, was not lost on Delia. For someone who spent so long afraid to let others in, its weight was deeply felt (so much so, she thought she might even be reading into the gesture).

"Of course," she said, finally shedding her jacket and leaving it, along with her bag, draped on the nearest chair. "I'd love to," she continued as she neared him again."But you know how often I actually cook," which meant, hardly ever and Delia had teased herself about as much in the past. She had a weakness for Chinese food and takeout - a dangerous combination but sometimes necessary for the woman often too busy to cook for herself. For all that, she wasn't adverse to learning. Just to show she was still serious about helping, she went to wash her hands in the sink before going anywhere near the vegetables in question.

"So just promise you'll point me in the right direction," she said, her pale eyes finding him again. She was no sous chef so he'd simply have to forgive her if she sliced the carrots too thin or diced the onion too coarsely or whatever he expected of her.

--------------------
user posted image

thank you sam my sweet ♥
PM
^
elijah ignatius hayes
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 11:45 PM

belial
  animated oc
  27 years old
  single
  heterosexual

sammi ()
 59 POSTS

awards

There was a sudden rush of warmth that had nothing to do from the heat from the oven at her compliment. Which, while it was true, his chicken was smelling amazing, was the truest form of flattery, honestly. His mother used to tell him that you could tell if someone really liked your cooking if they liked the smell alone. There was a reason he had a restaurant where he was the head chef. Cooking brought so much joy to him and it brought the same joy to others.

"Ev'ryone has to start somewhere, and it's hard to get simpler than veggies," he said with a shrug, moving aside so she could wash her hands. He, instead, moved to the mediocre fridge to retrieve the vegetables. They were simple, honestly. Simple was usually better. Carrots, broccoli, and some small red potatoes. Setting them out on the counter, he shifted to grab two knives. "I'm gonna let you do the potatoes. They're quite forgivin', and quite soft." He offered her the smaller of two knives, handle up and slid the potatoes over to an empty section. "Just need'em in quarters. So half, then half again. Easy peasy lemon squeezey." He flashed her a grin. "And if ya need help, well, the expert is just a foot or two away."

It was such a surreal feeling, he realized belatedly. This was warm and welcoming, and he hadn't had that in years. Possibly since New York and leaving his sister behind ---- possibly even longer, since the last day in Alabama when he cooked with his mother. It was... strangely relaxing.

"I'm very glad ya agreed to come over." It was a little quieter, almost said as an after thought as he started to work on the carrots.

odelia elizabeth lynn || u ask and u receive look at this dork

PM
^
odelia elizabeth lynn
 Posted: Apr 13 2018, 03:31 PM

odette
  the swan princess
  27 years old
  dating
  straight
  SHE/HER
  amanda (SHE/HER)
 73 POSTS

awards

There was no fear that Eli would be kind to her if she somehow ruined the potatoes he offered her. All the same, she was happy to have a simple task at hand. If she messed this up, she would kindly step back from the cutting board and allow the chef to finish their meal without having to do damage control. "Well, I trust your expert guidance," she said, knowing he would likely brush aside the compliment. She herself was more skillful with a knife than she gave herself credit for. Granted, she was certainly no kitchen master, but she had a particular awareness of her body that came with dancing. So Delia was hardly clumsy as she took a potato in hand and went to halve it, though she took her time, slow and steady as she did. She worked quietly, diligently, and a comfortable silence fell between them for a moment. 

His comment stirred a not unfamiliar feeling in her chest. It was the same she felt when they'd made plans to see one another again after their unintentional first coffee date, or when he'd agreed to come see her recital. Whether it was some fondness for his company or the reassurance she felt knowing that he wanted to spend time with her, it did not go unnoticed. "I'm very glad you invited me," she said, as a matter of fact. She wandered on in thought, more focused on the knife and potatoes she was quartering than she was on her words.

"I have to admit I'm surprised I haven't been over here before," she said, matching the tone and volume of his quiet admission. She drew her eyes to his face when she realized it could have been taken the wrong way. "Not that I was expecting -" she interrupted her own thought, before an embarrassed sort of smile crossed her face she hardly bothered to hide. "It's just... kind of you to open your home to me and make me feel welcome." Delia turned her attention back to the cutting board, though she was nearly done with her first vegetable-cutting assignment (a portion for two hadn't taken long at all) and would need to ask for a new task soon enough. 

elijah ignatius hayes
ooc// wearing // here is ur reward post

--------------------
user posted image

thank you sam my sweet ♥
PM
^
elijah ignatius hayes
 Posted: Apr 13 2018, 11:09 PM

belial
  animated oc
  27 years old
  single
  heterosexual

sammi ()
 59 POSTS

awards

An eyebrow immediately quirked upwards at her admission. Dark eyes flickered over to her where she was deftly working on the potatoes. He could barely contain the slow, teasing grin that started to form on his lips, and he turned to face her, hip leaning against the counter. "What were ya expectin'?" He crossed his arms, the knife sticking up as he did.

There was this tiny voice in the back of his head that seemed intent on annoying him even though they very clearly had a deal for tonight. It didn't stop the demon from humming 'Kiss the Girl' at just a recognizing level.

We're not discussin' this tonight, Bee. A chilling laugh was his only response. Ah. Well.

"Yer always welcome here, though, Delia." He tilted his head to the side, staring at her curiously. "I ain't sayin' I'm not kind, but, you have to know it's somethin' more'n that right?"

odelia elizabeth lynn || /couhgs loUDLY

PM
^
odelia elizabeth lynn
 Posted: Apr 15 2018, 09:43 PM

odette
  the swan princess
  27 years old
  dating
  straight
  SHE/HER
  amanda (SHE/HER)
 73 POSTS

awards

Eli wasn't about to let her slide, though Delia was hardly ill-equipped to speak up in her own defense. "I'm saying I wasn't," she insisted, a bit of laughter behind her voice. She had laid the knife next to her newly quartered potatoes, turning toward him as he did toward her. There was a knowing glint in her eye as she continued. "That is, I wasn't expecting to be invited over sooner, or that I wasn't expecting to be unwelcome." 

Her point was that she wouldn't have pressured him into inviting her over sooner. She'd had very few expectations of Elijah or their relationship, not having much to compare it to. She had made it known, in not so many words, that it had been a long time since she’d been in a relationship (that was, if she had been loved at some point before her accident). She was in no hurry. 

And though she could have guessed his next statement as true before he confirmed it, it still made her feel... validated. Pleased to hear that she was welcome. "I know that, or at least I could hope. It's just a... step, you know?" A slow and steady step toward something deeper and more meaningful between them, something more sweet and tender beyond friendship. So to be allowed into his home, and to be “always” welcome... The significance of it was not lost on her. "One that means a lot to me," she couldn't help but to add, her own reassurance of her desire to be there and her understanding that it was no empty gesture.  

"And, it is awfully romantic, if that's the ‘something more’ you're meaning," she said, knowing full well the truth of it. She would have turned back to the veggies if she had any left to chop, but as it were, she rested one hand on the counter’s edge and the other at her waist. It was a charmingly innocent tease, a challenge and a reminder that she was more clever than she initially let on. 

elijah ignatius hayes
ooc// wearing // oop /shrug

--------------------
user posted image

thank you sam my sweet ♥
PM
^
elijah ignatius hayes
 Posted: May 23 2018, 05:52 PM

belial
  animated oc
  27 years old
  single
  heterosexual

sammi ()
 59 POSTS

awards

Elijah had shied away from relationships since moving to San Francisco. It wasn't that he had bad luck there, it was just... seemingly cursed. At some point, the girl would want to know more about his past: parents, siblings, and then he would push away. Or, they'd find out what he was hiding and it would explode in his face. So, he started to expect it. Look for the volcano coming before it erupted. And yet, here he was. But, he could hardly help it. She was magnetic, a shining star in a dim world that he couldn't help but gravitate towards. At least he could allow himself that. For now.

A step. It was a step, wasn't it? Though, he was honestly surprised that she hadn't caught onto that before now. But, whatever he thought was obvious wasn't always to others. He knew that.

An eyebrow quirked upwards and he could feel his lips twisting into a sort of crooked smirk. "Romantic? Me? Nah. Never, ever, crossed my mind, Sunshine." The sarcasm rolled off his tongue with practiced ease. It deepened the drawl and the smirk was a grin before long. Oh, he noticed the tease, and he was ignoring it on principle. Instead, he leaned forward to deftly scoop up the potatoes to add to the vegetables on a pan. "No idea what would give ya that idea, darlin'."

odelia elizabeth lynn || god he's the worst

PM
^
odelia elizabeth lynn
 Posted: May 29 2018, 09:34 PM

odette
  the swan princess
  27 years old
  dating
  straight
  SHE/HER
  amanda (SHE/HER)
 73 POSTS

awards

There was a certain art to conversation, a special something in having people skills. There was a delicate balance in being personable without being too personal. Delia balanced them well - rather, she was good at keeping people at an arm's length. She couldn't disappoint people that didn't expect anything of her. It was easy to remain in the realm of friendly acquaintances when even you did not know who you really were.

But it was also easy to talk to Elijah. Too easy to be flattered by his compliments. Much too easy to be charmed when he wasn't trying. Oh, she could certainly tell when there was effort being made; their mutual invitations into each other's lives was evidence of that. Still, it was in these little moments in between that she found she was really getting in deep. The times where she knew she would rather work something out instead of chalking it up to a misunderstanding. Those times she knew she wanted to be understood and she cared that she understood him as well.

Or, times like these when she could laugh at herself and realize that she felt more comfortable with this man than most. It was enough to make a knowing smirk appear on her own face. "So you did invite me over to chop vegetables, I should have known," she said with a lilting laugh. Sarcasm wasn't a native tongue of hers but she had caught on; wit was something that had always come naturally to her at least. She was quick on her feet and at trading words as well, if she wished. "If it were that sort of evening though, I'd say I was honored and flattered, really,” she shifted her weight, giving a casual shrug. “I’d already be looking forward to our second dinner and I haven't even had the first.”

Though she was able to tease, she wasn't usually able to keep it up for too long. Delia turned back toward the counter and the cutting board in front of her. Her teeth dragged along her bottom lip to keep herself from smiling too broadly. "What next, then?" Were her prep skills satisfactory, or would she be ever so kindly asked to take a seat while the pro finished their meal?

elijah ignatius hayes
ooc// huehuehue

--------------------
user posted image

thank you sam my sweet ♥
PM
^
elijah ignatius hayes
 Posted: Jun 16 2018, 12:59 AM

belial
  animated oc
  27 years old
  single
  heterosexual

sammi ()
 59 POSTS

awards

"Aha! Ya have found me out! My plans, all gone!" Elijah laughed and shrugged a shoulder before rolling the pan a little to separate the vegetables. They needed some space to cook, if they were too close then they would stick and... well they'd taste the same, but the visual wouldn't be the same. A deft motion and the vegetables were in the oven, which, upon opening, filled the room with a sweet, warm smell of the chicken still cooking inside. Good. It would be done in a few minutes. Possibly.

"See, that would make this a date. And why woudl we do something as silly as that?" The grin he gave was lopsided and more goofy than anything else, and immediatley he had to make himself rein it in. It wouldn't do to drag her too far in. No matter what the devil on his shoulder said. It would only end one of two ways: him hurt or her hurt. Although, he would gladly shoulder that pain. He was used to hurting. Ah. Well.

"That's it. Now we get to be social like normal people. Whate'er that means, at least." He ran a hand through already messy hair and glanced around. "So, what would my lovely guest like to do while we wait? The decision is yer's."

odelia elizabeth lynn || ???? HE TRYIN HE FIGHTIN HIMSELF BUT CUTES/?

PM
^
odelia elizabeth lynn
 Posted: Jun 26 2018, 11:16 PM

odette
  the swan princess
  27 years old
  dating
  straight
  SHE/HER
  amanda (SHE/HER)
 73 POSTS

awards

She simply smiled at his teases, trying to hold back from grinning as wide as she wanted to - and failing. Eli had that sort of effect on her. When both of them could take the joke for what it was, it was comforting to laugh along with him. She'd needed it, between the ups and downs of the evening: the stress of turning out a good show, the obligatory meeting of parents afterward, and the added expectation of seeing Elijah's place for the first time. There was a lingering of nervousness though she knew, by all rights, there shouldn't be any. Even with that peculiar feeling in the pit of her stomach, she was still more at ease with him than with any other man she knew.

And, even if his cooking wasn't anything to write home about, he'd at least have that going for him. As it was, Eli was two for two.

"I haven't the faintest," she concluded with a shake of her head. Truth be told, she had plenty of reasons not to get attached: her mysterious past that eluded even Delia herself, the damage she knew she must have but not the knowledge of its extent... The uncertainty that came with letting another person into her perfectly balanced life. The commitment of re-balancing that life to include said person. All jokes aside, it was awfully tempting.

Before he settled into her life, however, she'd need to settle into his apartment. He'd welcomed her to make herself at home, but aside from the entryway and the kitchen, she'd seen hardly any of it. Granted, the smell of roasted chicken and vegetables wafting through the air helped the homey atmosphere but, she was curious to see more. "My, what a big decision..." Delia began at his proposition. She paused a moment, eyes dancing over his face and his tousled hair, and wondered if it would be too much to ask. "Can I trouble my gracious host for a tour?"

--------------------
user posted image

thank you sam my sweet ♥
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

topic options
addreply
newthread
newpoll

static affiliates | status: open