ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY -> let's get thrown to the wolves
click to rearrange
a bit quiet? join us on
discord!

- endless diamond sky -
spotlights
ACXE

Acxe is a true gem. Always present, always eager to offer up support and a kind word. They've given life to an interesting cast of characters from Kristoff to Cerberus, all of which are a welcome edition to EDS and played phenomenally. If you haven't, now is definately a good time to show your appreciation, and thank Acxe for everything they do!

PAIR

Sterling & Helen

another sunrise
helen

gen aura
CHARA

leia joyce
CHARA
wildcard
CATEGORY: OOC QUOTE
WINNER: POND
"i have heart boners for all of you"
WELCOME
Welcome to ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY! We are an animation personified site set both in the animated world and present day San Francisco. Open since OCTOBER 2015, we are a friendly, thriving community who welcomes players from all levels and backgrounds. When registering your account, please register with first middle last in all lowercase!

A terrible darkness is spreading through the animated realm, driving everyone from their homes and into unknown territory that we know as reality. Now they find themselves at a crossroads: do they fight for their world or do they turn their back on it and make San Francisco their home? What will you choose?

AMANDA (admin)
SAM (admin)
FOREST (admin)
POND (mod)
ALLIE (mod)
staff
  SAN FRANCISCO, CALIF.
   PRESENT DAY, 2018
  DANGER LEVEL : LOW
  FEELS WILL BE COMPROMISED

addreply
newthread
newpoll

let's get thrown to the wolves, tag: Tikanni [Leaf]
jenna aurora caldwell
 Posted: Jun 29 2018, 09:38 AM

the northern lights... they're beautiful

Jenna
  Balto
  20 years old
  Taken
  Bisexual
  she/her
  Moli (she/her)
 26 POSTS

awards

Jenna had spent some time online looking up the sanctuary's information after her meeting with Tikanni, and while she was a bit nervous to visit for several reasons - spending time with Tikanni again being one reason - she was also excited about her visit to the wolf and wolfdog sanctuary today. As she pulled into the dirt driveway, she admired how spacious everything was. She could hear barking and a few howls, but it wasn't panicked and wasn't even that smelly from the outside, which she found impressive considering how large it was (and the fact that animals tended to smell anyway, a fact that had never bothered her even with her more sensitive nose). She could see some of the animals bounding around inside of fences and couldn't help but smile at their exuberance.

The redhead stepped out of her car, grabbing her purse out of it before locking up. She adjusted pulled down her t-shirt to an appropriate level over her dark navy jeans. She'd worn an outfit she didn't care if she got dirty, complete with older shoes that had definitely seen better days. She thought it was smart when meeting dogs, but not not cute.

Why do I even care what he thinks? She thought, the same question she'd been asking herself all morning before she'd driven out to the sanctuary. Sure, she liked to look nice when she could, but this had felt more significant than that. Was it because he looked familiar? As though she knew him, like he maybe was someone important she'd known before? It was confusing, but it only drove her to find answers. She had to know - maybe he felt it too. And even if he didn't, at least she had the chance of getting a cute dog out of it. And Tikanni was pretty cute himself...

All right, that's enough of that. She shook her head to clear the thought from her mind. "Let's go meet some cute dogs!" She told herself with some cheerful enthusiasm before she put her purse over her shoulder and walked into the main office building. She approached the front desk and was met by a receptionist that smiled welcomingly when she saw her.

"Hello, welcome to our sanctuary! How can I help you today?" She asked. "Um, hi! I'm looking for Tikanni Calder, he said he could help me look at some adoptable dogs here." She explained to the perky brunette, who nodded in understanding.

"Gotcha. He's in the back with the animals, I'll go get him for you. Mind waiting here?" When Jenna responded to the affirmative, the receptionist left out a door to the outside, where she was greeted by loud barking before the door closed and muffled the sound. Jenna stood to the side for a few moments before she took one of the spindly waiting room chairs, holding her purse on her lap. She wasn't sure why she was nervous, but maybe it was both nervous and excited feelings this time.

and to the east, the sun

PM
^
tikanni william calder
 Posted: Jul 3 2018, 11:40 AM

Since when do you need a pedigree to help someone?

Balto
  Balto
  25 years old
  Single

Leaf ()
 18 POSTS

awards

Just to catch a glimpse
I have a question to the world, not an answer to to be heard, or a moment that's held your arms. And what do you think you'd ever say, I won't listen anyways. You don't know me, and I'll never be what you want me to be.
II
Tikanni had been going through the usual round all morning. Saying hi the dogs and wolves, feeding, and now cleaning up. There was a lot of ground to cover at a sanctuary and his coworkers and him, while they had the routine down, it still definitely took a while. There needed to be a lot of land for these fluff balls to run around in as well as help the shy ones out.

He was raking some new potential bedding out for one particular cage when the receptionist from the front called out. Looking up, he squinted, not quite sure what she was saying. Signaling to his walk-talky, he waited a few beats for her to get the memo. Soon enough, static and then her bright voice. “There’s a young lady at the front for you…. Said something about finding an adoptable dog.” Oh ok, that was a common thing. Pressing down on the button, he signaled 5 more minutes. ”Ok, I’ll be there soon.”

He went over the available adoptable mixes they had while quickly finishing up putting the rest of the bedding around. Leaning the rake against the fence, he carefully unlatched the door and closed it. Picking up some trash he figured he might as well bring with him for less work later, he made his way over to the main guest building. Leaving the bag close by, he opened the door. A rush of AC instantly brought goosebumps to his arms as Tikanni made the way in.

”Someone wanted help with finding a dog,” he asked as he turned the corner. The sight of red hair and then her face startled him significantly. A jolt of familiarity and then nerves and anxiety bursted through him and he managed to trip over the office trashcan, losing all sense of where he should put his feet to navigate around it. The receptionist didn’t say anything about it being Jenna.

Tag @Jenna Aurora Caldwell
PM
^
jenna aurora caldwell
 Posted: Jul 25 2018, 07:52 AM

Jenna
  Balto
  20 years old
  Taken
  Bisexual
  she/her
  Moli (she/her)
 26 POSTS

awards

She hadn't quite gotten comfortable - she was still feeling a little nervous, for one, and for two, she didn't think she would wait long. Jenna turned her head to the door as soon as it opened, lightly pushing herself back up onto her feet from her barely seated position. She smiled as Tikanni entered, and quickly put up a hand to hide a bit of laughter as he tripped over the trashcan. It clattered as it skidded across the floor, tipping over dangerously.

Jenna moved forward to try and catch it, but to no avail, and instead caught a few old cola cans in her hands. She couldn't help but laugh some more, picking up the trash can and putting it back. "Hi Tikanni. Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you or anything. Here, I'll pick this up..." She gathered up old sandwich and chip wrappers, remains of lunches past, tossing them back into the trash can.

"I was hoping you could show me around, maybe help me meet a new friend. I... could use the companionship." She found herself looking at him while she said this, struck by an inexplicable feeling that he might understand that himself.

and to the east, the sun

PM
^
tikanni william calder
 Posted: Aug 5 2018, 10:01 PM

Balto
  Balto
  25 years old
  Single

Leaf ()
 18 POSTS

awards

Just to catch a glimpse
I have a question to the world, not an answer to to be heard, or a moment that's held your arms. And what do you think you'd ever say, I won't listen anyways. You don't know me, and I'll never be what you want me to be.
III
Her laugh instantly got his heart racing, face blushing. Then she went to catch some cans and oh gosh this was going so smooth. Way to go Tikanni, leaving great second impressions. As he got his footing, Tikanni watched in dismay as Jenna put up the can he'd stumbled over and trash. That spurred him into action and immediately he dropped to the floor to help her pick up the mess made. Meanwhile the receptionist just watched in amusement as he internally died. "No, no trouble at all and thanks. I just didn't see....yeah." He picked up a wadded up sandwich wrapped and chunked it into the trash before moving onto a few napkins as Jenna explained why she was here.

Shaking his head, he threw those away too, satisfied that they were pretty much done now and still mortified that this girl had had to help him. Jenna was explaining wanting to find companionship in a dog. Feeling eyes on him, he looked up, and nodded, getting onto his feet. Extending a hand to help her up, fully intending to get them some antibacterial soap stuff or something afterwards. "Of course. There's a few good ones I think might be perfect for you."
PM
^
jenna aurora caldwell
 Posted: Aug 6 2018, 01:33 PM

Jenna
  Balto
  20 years old
  Taken
  Bisexual
  she/her
  Moli (she/her)
 26 POSTS

awards

Jenna laughed lightly at his lamely finished explanation, not in a mocking way, but just amused as he tried to explain himself. "It's okay, it's fine." She reassured him with a friendly smile as they finished putting away the trash can with the trash back inside it.

Jenna took his offered hand and used it to help pull herself up to her feet properly. He had warm hands, well-worked, and larger than she expected. She wasn't sure what she had expected or why she noticed this at all. It wasn't even important, she thought as her face flushed a little too. She took her hand away gently after a moment, not wanting to linger uncomfortably. She reached over to the counter for a bit of hand sanitizer, giving her hands one pump as she rubbed them together.

"Great! Lead the way, please." She gestured toward the door, genuine eagerness in her voice and her step as she followed him out toward the enclosures. As happy as she was to see Tikanni, she was really happy about the idea of meeting a dog for her. She really really missed it, though she wasn't sure if she had really owned a dog in the past... It was a vague feeling she couldn't quite explain, but there was still the possibility of a friend and companion waiting just outside and that was all she needed for a spring in her step.

and to the east, the sun

PM
^
tikanni william calder
 Posted: Aug 6 2018, 07:46 PM

Balto
  Balto
  25 years old
  Single

Leaf ()
 18 POSTS

awards

Just to catch a glimpse
IV
He helped her up, definitely not also internally screaming, nope. Jenna let go and he followed suit in the sanitizer. Kind of a lost cause of himself considering Tikanni was just going to get them all dirty again anyways, but at least she wouldn't get sick from the gunk thriving in that trashcan.

At the prompt, he scratched the back of his neck. "Of course, follow me." With that, he led them out into the warmer air, and the path that led to the various chain link sections to wide swaths of land. Already a few of the inhabitants inside were waltzing up in interest. A whine here and there for food or attention. "So this leads to several giant areas for the more uhhh, wolfish ones we rehabilitate." He wiggled his fingers at a particular duo walking with them before their path cut a different way. "If we kept going straight towards those trees, its basically all wolf land for the few packs to run." Tikanni pointed forward before making a hard right and turning his gaze back on her. "You want one with less wolf content in it than these. Soooo, over here we've got a few closer to dogs, than wolves."

The path led the to a few gates in the predetermined spaces, different wolfdogs running or walking around. "So these are all our "low content" hybrids. They are closer to dogs than the ones we have running around the miles and probably the best for you." Tikanni said this as informatively as he could while still using layman's terms.

PM
^
jenna aurora caldwell
 Posted: Aug 9 2018, 11:19 AM

Jenna
  Balto
  20 years old
  Taken
  Bisexual
  she/her
  Moli (she/her)
 26 POSTS

awards

Jenna followed after Tikanni with a little friendly nod once their hands were relatively clean again. She looked around at everything curiously, her attention following anything Tikanni pointed out with a smile. They were all such beautiful animals, and the whines made her giggle a little. They were such majestic beautiful animals, but still so dog like. They weren't that different, really, were they? Besides the obvious, she supposed.

She followed Tikanni to the dogs that he described as "low content." "I'm guessing they're easier to own since they're less like wolves?" She offered as a way to clarify it for herself. It seemed a little strange that they would be separated, and she felt bad for the more "high content" wolfdogs, as Tikanni put it. But she hoped he meant well, and was only trying to help her find the best match for her.

"They're all so cute~" Jenna crouched down. "Hello sweethearts." She greeted warmly through the fence, putting her hand up but not putting any fingers through just in case. "What can you tell me about them?"

and to the east, the sun

PM
^
tikanni william calder
 Posted: Aug 10 2018, 09:41 PM

Balto
  Balto
  25 years old
  Single

Leaf ()
 18 POSTS

awards

Just to catch a glimpse
VI
That part of it always had him squirming internally a bit. People tended to get stuck on the content part and had badgered them too many times about getting a wolf wolf. Low contents being easier to own was an understatement, but the reality of the situation was the higher the content the more wild animal the wolfdog was. No one wanted or needed an actual wolf as a pet. That was dangerous for both parties. His heart still went out for them though because even the highest content ones were easy to get along with if you understood them and didn't view them as pets. "Yep, that's a good way to sum it up." Tikanni didn't think boring her over coloration, temperament, and various body part differences was a good use of the time at the moment. If Jenna found one she liked, then by all means, he'd go through the whole list of it.

Jenna crouched down towards a particular group of them and he smiled at the cooing. That was adorable. He did the same all the time too. A wide grin on his face, he walked up to the fence as well, crouching with her. "So this is Timber. He's a bit of a lap hogger." He pointed at the next that was nosing the fence near Timber, trying to get in on the action. "Brownie is always looking to play. Anddd the last one that's looking at us back there is Dingo. He's shy, but nice."

Tikanni turned to look at Jenna before getting to his feet. "We can go inside if you wanna meet them."

Timber
Brownie
Dingo
PM
^
jenna aurora caldwell
 Posted: Aug 13 2018, 09:18 AM

Jenna
  Balto
  20 years old
  Taken
  Bisexual
  she/her
  Moli (she/her)
 26 POSTS

awards

Jenna didn't notice he had crouched down beside her until he spoke again, and a little blush came to her face when she realized how close they were. But she focused instead on his descriptions of the wolfdogs she was cooing at, and felt her heart warm toward shy Dingo watching from the back. She loved how playful Brownie was, and a cuddly dog like Timber would be a welcome addition to her humble home. It was too hard to decide. I shouldn't decide hastily anyway. She thought.

At his suggestion that they go inside, she stood up with him, a bright smile on her face. "I'd love to, if that's okay!" She followed him into the pen, making sure they didn't race out the door behind them before she turned to the happy barks and whines that greeted them. She laughed as they ran and weaved around their legs, almost losing her balance a few times.

"Yes, hi, babies, it's nice to meet you all too, I -- whoa!" She ended up actually losing her balance and falling on her butt, laughing merrily as they sniffed and licked at her face and arms. She sat up properly, pushing loose hair from her ponytail back as she reached out to pet both of the eager ones with each hand. From over them, though, she saw Dingo watching from the back. He seems curious. She noticed, and a pang of sympathy came over her.

"What's Dingo like? Is he just nervous with new people?" She asked Tikanni as she pushed herself up to her feet, continuing to pet Brownie and Timber but watching Dingo as she asked.

and to the east, the sun

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

topic options
addreply
newthread
newpoll

static affiliates | status: open