san
❝ UGH, I SMELL LIKE A HUMAN. ❞
princess mononoke
5'6"
straight
single

pond

i don't care for any human
There was a beauty to the world across the portal that Moriko could not even begin to understand. Even with the pain and aches of the darkness destroying its outer edges, there were still so many bright colors and quickly growing trees within its grasp. This was a world that was bound to have spirits protecting it in some strange way, perhaps a way similar to her own world. Maybe these lands, these forests, had spirits all around them, keeping them strong. It was something she wanted to hope, and it was a thought she would hold onto for as long as she could. This beauty was one she enjoyed exploring as well on days in which she needed a breather from the pollution of the human world. In the forests there were no cars, no factories, no anything close to what the humans did to ruin their land. Yes, the darkness hurt it, but it was nothing like the pain of the other world. The darkness lived far away from her current location, and while she could feel the pain throughout the forest, she knew she had nothing to worry about. For now, she had no worries at all.

It was a wonderful change for the wolf princess to have free time. She could go out and experience this realm without the worry of darkness or humans. It was her chance to be herself again with no pressure of others to be around. Which was part of the reason she was drawn towards the slight scent of water towards the east. Never before had Moriko been in this area, but she certainly wanted to explore it now. Her own home had been towards the sacred center of the forest, where the water was pure and the creatures all lived in harmony. The kodamas lived in their mother trees, and new ones were constantly sprouting. That, to Moriko, was the perfect home. With the forest spirit protecting them all, things were truly great for some time.

Coming through a slight clearing, Moriko’s eye fell upon a beautiful lake. Trees wrapped entirely around its shoreline, keeping it hidden from most… It looked barely touched, and it truly reminded her of home. Laying down her dagger and small bag, Moriko pulled her leather shoes off and slowly brought her feet to the edge of the water. As the cool water lapped at her toes she smiled, happy to have found such a peaceful haven. This truly was a place of wonder. It was often the hidden lakes that brought forth the most beautiful creatures and allowed you to watch amazing interactions. This was an entire ecosystem slowly moving and staying alive. This world was truly a beauty.

She waded deeper into the water until she felt the ground was deep enough and dove below. The feeling of the water running across her body was amazing. Moriko opened her eyes to a floor of seaweed and various other creatures throughout the lake, all watching her. It truly was peaceful, it truly was relaxing. She would have to remember this for later, so she could return again and again. Everything about the water was calming… Coming back to the surface, she tread carefully on the water blinking a few times at a strange shape on the shore, ”Who’s there?”

iris + 560 + pretty forest meetings

--------------------
user posted image
Thank you Toby!!! <3
^
iris sylva hyacinth
 Posted on: Nov 13 2016, 09:09 PM
spring sprite
❝ Shrill and clear the sound of her waking laughter. ❞
fantasia 2000
5'
pansexual
single

sam

a whisper of breeze, the sound of laughter

a trail of flowers, beneath her feet
It took a lot of mental coaxing for the spring sprite to make that inner leap and cross back through to the animated world. Hours spent weaving back and forth in front of the portal. Weighing her desire to see her home again, with the threat of the firebird. Was it worth the danger? She could still feel those flames licking at her back, even now. Her dreams of spring fields with fluttering butterflies and the fresh-faced creatures of her season, twisting to nightmares of fire and ashes. No matter how at peace she felt in the confines of her greenhouse, the fear always found her again. Surging to the surface each time she stood on the bridge again. Her heart hammering away in her chest as she considered all the ways this could go wrong. Her fingers would tangle and tug at each other, and she'd ring the hem of her shirt until the fabric frayed at the edges. Even the flowers in her hair seemed to droop just the slightest bit.

So far it all seemed rather pointless. Eventually she'd suck a breath in, steel herself up as best she could, and step through. Though the world on the other side wasn't as beautiful as she remembered it, there was no giant flaming bird waiting to consume her. For the most part he places the portal left her were barren and quiet. Reminding her of how the world felt when she was just starting to awaken. Only...even then she'd been able to feel the life around her. Winter might have been cold, it might have not been as green or as lively as her own season, but there were animals that still lurked in the snow. There was still life even in the coldest of times. Here, in the world she felt now, there was barely even that.

Finding places in this barren wasteland that lay untouched was difficult, almost impossible. Often times even her best efforts could not coax anything from the damaged soil. No matter how often she dug her fingers into the earth and envisioned a field of flowers or a copse of trees, everything that grew would wither. Just like with the firebird's mountain.

Then there was the places of hope. Where the chance for life still reacted to her touch. She loved these places; loved running through fields and watching flowers sprout again. To laugh like she used to as trees sprouted in her wake and the world felt for at least a handful of moments like it used to. Before the firebird, before the darkness. Sighing against the trunk of a tree, she draped herself across its branches and looked out at the small slice of hope she'd help bring vibrancy and life to. There was just the barest hint of exhaustion, curling inside of her, but she'd felt like she'd done good.

Then the woman came, and she felt even prouder of the oasis. Hazel eyes focusing with growing curiosity on the young woman. Dropping from her tree, she sprinted forward to the edge of the lake. Not once paying much thought to what dangers might lurk for her out in the open. Instead she smiled, as the woman broke the surface again. Cautiously she stepped forward, too light to sink beneath the waves, she walked on top of the water instead. "H-hello-" Her voice felt strange in this world, unused. And for a moment the whispering, wind-like sound of it startled her. She blinked in surprise then giggled. "I hope I di-didn't scare you."

moriko san spirritt || Words: ### || Notes: stuff
girlwhowaited @ (​shine)(cttw)

--------------------
user posted image
^
moriko san spirritt
 Posted on: Dec 17 2016, 03:47 PM
san
princess mononoke
5'6"
straight
single

pond

This world made Moriko feel stronger, yet also helpless. No matter how many hours she spent traversing the grounds, she could never find her family. She could find no one, no matter what. There was Ashitaka, yes, but that was not her finding him. They simply ran into one another… And now matter how much she searched, no matter where she went, she could not find anyone else. She did not know what had happened to her own mother, she did not know if the Forest Spirit was able to retrieve its head. All she had to rely on was hope and the things she could learn from the only human she truly trusted. He would not lie, he would not deceive her. He had had plenty of chances to do just that when they were in her forest, but he did not. The Forest Spirit saved him- he was different. How different, she did not know. Would she ever? It seemed as if, ever since he entered her life, things had changed. Not just for her, but for everything around her. The humans finally acted against them, the darkness struck… Not that she could blame him for this. He was simply there throughout it all- there to remember what she could not, when she was too weak to continue he was there to fight. She just had to hope her land had lived.

As much as she travelled through these lands, she could not find her own home. Others had, but her’s seemed to be deeply hidden. Perhaps it was gone, taken by the darkness? No, she could not think like that. It would be okay, it would come back. She just had to look harder. Moriko had no fear of this world and the darkness it held- it was no worse than the humans she had fought time and time again. This world was beautiful, far more amazing than the one she was forced to live in. If she never had to leave… She would have accepted that in a moment. Yet she had dedicated herself to saving the animals in the zoo, and that is where she would stay until things were acceptable. They needed so much more than they had been given by the people in charge now, but that would not last for long, especially not with Kazuki working by her side. In the end, it was a bit funny that he had been the new employee she had been placed in charge of training- and it was just what she needed to keep going.

The rustling did not seem dangerous, yet she was still on edge. Why? What was this thing lurking in the bushes? Had it also come for a swim? Even with the winter-y chill in the air, Moriko could still survive. She needed to immerse herself in this land, she needed to ignore the human part inside of her. She was a wolf, and a wolf she would stay.

The creature was not what she expected- a woman? Yet it was not entirely a woman. She was green… And walked on top of the water. Moriko’s eyes went wide and she bowed her head, ”You did not scare me, no…” she peeked up, ”Are you a God? Or a Spirit? How do you walk on the water?” was she just like the Forest Spirit from her own home? Moriko swam closer to the shore so she could rest her feet on the ground. What exactly was this in front of her?

iris sylva hyacinth + 597 + oops she rambled

--------------------
user posted image
Thank you Toby!!! <3
^
iris sylva hyacinth
 Posted on: Apr 4 2017, 01:00 AM
spring sprite
fantasia 2000
5'
pansexual
single

sam

There was grace in even her smallest movements. When her body shifted to sit, cross-legged above the water it was almost fluid. Green hair fanning out behind her and flowing with even the gentlest touch of breeze. It was so rare for her to approach people on this side of the portal. She'd always been a naturally shy thing, curious, but prone to keeping to herself outside of the company of the animals of her forest. Then of course there was the memory of the last time she'd let her curiosity get the better of her. The firebird still haunted her dreams at night, even in the safety of her greenhouse. Those flames chasing her through the portal made even this trip something that had taken her weeks to work up to. She couldn't even remember how many times she'd walked up to that bridge, only to turn right back around and decide otherwise. Finally crossing over had given her some strength, and knowing that this wasn't her forest and that the firebird wasn't there to greet her....well it made her almost bold. Enough that she offered the girl in the water a bright smile.

Knowing she hadn't spooked her, made her feel like she'd been right to come out of hiding after all. Most humans were started by her presence and her appearance. Not scared exactly, but surprised. Cautious like they didn't quite know what to do with her, or completely understand who she was. This girl though, she seemed to know something more than most people she'd met. Perhaps that's why she felt so comfortable?

"Neither...I don't think." Her head tilted in consideration, "I am a sprite." For a moment her fingers trailed over the water, watching the surface ripple delicately. Remembering how she'd usually return to the small pond in the center of her woods when it was time for her to sleep. When her attention focused back, she gave a little nod to the area around them. "In my world I would make the spring come." It felt so strange having to make that distinction, but she'd since learned a thing or two about what the darkness had done. There was so much more then she remembered now, so much that existed beyond her forest and the little slice of existence she'd worked with. Perhaps even other beings who brought spring same as she did.

"Yo-you can call me Iris if you like?" A soft smile, peaceful. "I feel like...the forest likes you. It's nice."

--------------------
user posted image
^
moriko san spirritt
 Posted on: Apr 15 2017, 03:09 PM
san
princess mononoke
5'6"
straight
single

pond

Moriko often dreamt of her home, no matter where she was. Even staying in this world, where horrors lurked around every corner… She simply could not let herself forget. There was so much in those final moments that it all seemed blurry- she moved in and out of consciousness, watching as the humans ruined everything she loved so dearly… And she could do nothing. Her dreams were there to haunt her, to make her recall just what had occurred. Sometimes she was convinced her mind created scenarios that certainly were not possible, yet they would never fade away. All she wanted was to find her forest, to be one with it again. Even if the forest spirit were truly gone… She would never forget him and all he did for them all. All that was required first was reconnecting with her family and the other creatures that kept the forest safe for so long.

Removing herself from the places the humans were most often was just a way to help herself refresh. A way to help her remember her true goal- getting her forest back and destroying the humans all around it. Perhaps, in some senses, the darkness was good, as it scared away what she hated most- the humans. If she could remove the darkness, then things would be okay again. She knew it.

The water barely reacted as the green woman seemingly floated across the top. Her steps caused ripples, yes, but not much more. She was the forest spirit, in a sense. A forest spirit that was different yet oh so incredible. How? Where had she come from? Moriko couldn’t help but want to ask her a million questions and be there for her… This was so different, so amazing. Moriko could only bow her head and hope she wasn’t disturbing the sprite in her own home- Moriko knew how strong the spirits could be. ”A sprite…” not something she had heard before, but she was amazing, incredible, something so new and amazing. ”You control a season?” that was just as interesting. Moriko knew of no spirits in her own world that could do such a thing- they only protected the land they lived on.

Moriko felt comfortable, albeit it a bit stressed. She didn’t want to do something wrong, not in the presence of someone so important. ”I am Moriko in this new world… San in my home.” she could speak, here, with this woman by her side. Almost as if the spirit could make things easier to handle, somehow? She certainly appreciated it. ”My home… My mother was a Goddess. We protected the forest.” Moriko explained. This sprite, Iris, would understand. She knew it.

iris sylva hyacinth + 460 + postie

--------------------
user posted image
Thank you Toby!!! <3
^
iris sylva hyacinth
 Posted on: Aug 20 2017, 10:52 PM
spring sprite
fantasia 2000
5'
pansexual
single

sam

The spring sprite gave a small nod at the other words. "Yes." She said simply, voice as soft as a gentle breeze. "My sisters and I each brought a season to our forest- our world?" For a moment her brows furrowed and she let her gaze drift up in consideration. "Things are so muddled after the darkness came, I can never be sure which it is..." Once she'd been sure that the world she'd covered with flowers and trees had been all there was, now she wasn't so certain. It wasn't that she'd explored every inch of this world and seen all there was to see, more like she could sense that there was more. Each time she crossed she found herself in a place that she didn't recognize. This lake and the surrounding forest was a good example. While the nature was familiar no matter where she went, and her powers worked as well as they did in her own home...the land itself was a stranger to her. Even the water she dipped her fingers in felt different on some instinctively deep level.

Tilting forward slightly, her hands pulling into her lap she smiled. "Hmm, I think I'll call you San...if that's alright?" Her shyness still lingered, keeping her voice low, but there was an added firmness to it. At the very least the characteristic stammer was gone. Even if she was even less accustomed to speaking in this world than she was in the other. As a sprite she'd never had the need to speak, and the words she did have to say were spoken in the sound of the wind and the rustle of leaves. Crossing the portal had forced her to put those sounds into words that others could understand.

Hearing that the girl before her was in deed related to the earth in some way. Raised by a Goddess and protector of a forest, she quickly understood why she'd felt so comfortable around her, and why the trees around them seemed at ease despite their usual discomfort around humans.

Nodding in understanding she smiled brightly. "I feel like I must thank you then, for all you've done to protect the earth." As an entity of nature, it was the very least she could do. Her head tilted slightly, and the joy radiating from her cause flowers to bloom in the long flowing greenery of her hair, butterflies seeming to materialize from thin air around her. "If you don't mind my asking...what was your forest like?"

--------------------
user posted image
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
newtopic
newpoll