ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY -> a nag a day
click to rearrange
a bit quiet? join us on
discord!

- endless diamond sky -
spotlights
ACXE

Acxe is a true gem. Always present, always eager to offer up support and a kind word. They've given life to an interesting cast of characters from Kristoff to Cerberus, all of which are a welcome edition to EDS and played phenomenally. If you haven't, now is definately a good time to show your appreciation, and thank Acxe for everything they do!

PAIR

Sterling & Helen

another sunrise
helen

gen aura
CHARA

leia joyce
CHARA
wildcard
CATEGORY: OOC QUOTE
WINNER: POND
"i have heart boners for all of you"
WELCOME
Welcome to ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY! We are an animation personified site set both in the animated world and present day San Francisco. Open since OCTOBER 2015, we are a friendly, thriving community who welcomes players from all levels and backgrounds. When registering your account, please register with first middle last in all lowercase!

A terrible darkness is spreading through the animated realm, driving everyone from their homes and into unknown territory that we know as reality. Now they find themselves at a crossroads: do they fight for their world or do they turn their back on it and make San Francisco their home? What will you choose?

AMANDA (admin)
SAM (admin)
FOREST (admin)
POND (mod)
ALLIE (mod)
staff
  SAN FRANCISCO, CALIF.
   PRESENT DAY, 2018
  DANGER LEVEL : LOW
  FEELS WILL BE COMPROMISED

addreply
newthread
newpoll

a nag a day, nyah & jane <3
helen clarice mallory
 Posted: Aug 10 2018, 12:05 PM

Happiness has brought you here!

queen clarion
  disney fairies
  44 years old
  its complicated
  demisexual
  SHE/HER
  becca (SHE/HER)
 114 POSTS

awards

Nyah Adebowale (n.adebowale@havencounselling.org)
Your Daily Nag
Nyah,

I just finished with my 1pm appointment, and I don’t suppose it’s worth asking whether or not you’ve had lunch? I don’t profess to be a great role model for finding a good balance between work and one’s personal life, but I promise the paperwork will wait half an hour.

Helen

template by amanda

nyah jade adebowale
PM
^
nyah jade adebowale
 Posted: Aug 10 2018, 12:18 PM

I thought you were very brave.

nala
  The Lion King
  33 years old
  Married
  Heterosexual
  She/Her
  jane (She/Her)
 47 POSTS

awards

Helen Mallory (h.mallory@havencounselling.org)
Re: Your Daily Nag
Helen,

If I say yes, would you believe me? I promise I had every intention of eating lunch today, but I got wrapped up with a client—such a pleasant boy he was too—and the paperwork that followed that I seemed to have missed my very slim window of opportunity. Unfortunately, I have more clients to meet with today, and as I believe it is frowned upon to eat while counseling others, I'm afraid I'll miss lunch today. Please don't be too angry with me,

Nyah

template by amanda

helen clarice mallory
PMAIM
^
helen clarice mallory
 Posted: Aug 10 2018, 12:35 PM

queen clarion
  disney fairies
  44 years old
  its complicated
  demisexual
  SHE/HER
  becca (SHE/HER)
 114 POSTS

awards

Your Daily Nag
Nyah,

Not for a second. I know you too well to delude myself into thinking you might have made some time for yourself, and you are far too much like me for me to believe a single word you type to the contrary. I’m not sure I could ever be angry with you, but I’m not certain your stomach will be quite as forgiving.

If I can’t appeal to you on the grounds of your own welfare, I may have to resort to emotional blackmail. Ten minutes, dear. That’s more than enough time for a quick bite before your next session (and yes, I checked your schedule).

Helen

template by amanda

nyah jade adebowale
PM
^
nyah jade adebowale
 Posted: Aug 10 2018, 12:50 PM

nala
  The Lion King
  33 years old
  Married
  Heterosexual
  She/Her
  jane (She/Her)
 47 POSTS

awards

Helen,

I take time for myself…just not frequently unless you count the morning jogs? Those I adhere to like a religion. But while your concern for my stomach and its feelings towards me is very kind, I assure you, its used to me by now and can handle missing lunch in favor for a large dinner. One that I promise I won't forget to make. My own stomach may forgive me but Tau's wouldn't. And he can be quite a beast if he's hungry.

Now, checking my schedule isn't fair nor is emotional blackmail—though I am mildly curious to see just what that would entail—and since that's the name of the game now…have you eaten today?

Nyah

template by amanda

helen clarice mallory
PMAIM
^
helen clarice mallory
 Posted: Aug 10 2018, 01:31 PM

queen clarion
  disney fairies
  44 years old
  its complicated
  demisexual
  SHE/HER
  becca (SHE/HER)
 114 POSTS

awards

Your Daily Nag
Nyah,

Have you ever heard the phrase “three square meals a day”? It may not be a popular saying in your world, but I understand people take it quite seriously here. And a large dinner does not negate the absence of lunch, even one large enough to satisfy your husband’s ‘beastly’ appetite!

We’re talking about you, but I would be quite the hypocrite if I didn’t heed my own advice. I'm typing up notes right now, but I plan to enjoy a perfectly good salad in the gap between my next appointments.

As for emotional blackmail—have I convinced you, or do I need to elucidate?

Helen

template by amanda

nyah jade adebowale
PM
^
nyah jade adebowale
 Posted: Aug 10 2018, 10:08 PM

nala
  The Lion King
  33 years old
  Married
  Heterosexual
  She/Her
  jane (She/Her)
 47 POSTS

awards

Helen,

I have heard the saying once or twice, yes. And you're right, such a saying would have little, if any, effect on my kin. We're more of a eat on the run, and only as you're able, kind. It's been a bit of an adjustment, one that I admit I'm not doing well at despite my—or my husband's—appetite. Lunch is usually a struggle but I promise, breakfast and dinner are a usual affair—with the occasional handful of the odd snack in between.

Very well, so long as we both are heeding your advice, we'll both be the better for it . I will concede to your greater wisdom and have a quick bite in between clients. I can't promise it will be anything that would constitute a fully squared meal but it will be something. Will that suffice or will you continue to hound me?

For curiosity's sake, just what was the blackmail?

Nyah

template by amanda

helen clarice mallory
PMAIM
^
helen clarice mallory
 Posted: Aug 11 2018, 06:50 PM

queen clarion
  disney fairies
  44 years old
  its complicated
  demisexual
  SHE/HER
  becca (SHE/HER)
 114 POSTS

awards

Your Daily Nag
Nyah,

‘Hounding’ is such an ugly phrase. I prefer ‘affectionately nudging’. And I suppose it will do. A real lunch would be preferable, but as you well know I am a diplomat—I will take small victories over none at all.

I confess I am not particularly well-versed in the art of emotional blackmail, but I would have considered abstaining from my own lunch to persuade you to eat yours. As I’ve already succeeded in convincing you to eat something, I suppose I can enjoy my salad with a clear conscience.

Helen

template by amanda

nyah jade adebowale
PM
^
nyah jade adebowale
 Posted: Aug 11 2018, 09:38 PM

nala
  The Lion King
  33 years old
  Married
  Heterosexual
  She/Her
  jane (She/Her)
 47 POSTS

awards

Helen,

Oh? I thought hounds were affectionate, determined, and loyal? Are those not good qualities to assign to these ‘affectionate nudges’? I'm sorry at times colloquialisms are still lost on me. I'm glad we could come to this compromise, and applaud your diplomacy skills. You're far better in that department, I'm afraid, as I'm more used to having to use more force than words can give.

I'm not well versed in that art either, I'm afraid though I could tell you that such a method would likely have worked as I hate to think of you suffering on the count of my stubbornness. Yes, I'm aware that I have revealed my hand with such a confession and have no doubt that you will use this knowledge for your own means. Such is the price of friendship I suppose.

Nyah

template by amanda

helen clarice mallory
PMAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

topic options
addreply
newthread
newpoll

static affiliates | status: open