ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY -> whip it good
click to rearrange
a bit quiet? join us on
discord!

endless diamond sky 
spotlights
WENDY

A lover of AUs and a master of causing the feels, Wendy is always at the ready to offer love and support to her fellow members. Her posts are lovingly constructed, detailed, and every character speaks in their own voice; from the lovable Cadi to the villainous Cala. EDS wouldn't be the same without her, so go show her some love!

MEMBER OF THE MONTH
PAIR OF THE MONTH

ZELDA NOAKES & TERENCE HALLOWS

THREAD OF THE MONTH

LITTLE SHOP 'O HADES
NICCOLÒ THANASIS & PERSIE ANTHOS

NIAMH ROSS
charas of the month

MARTINE ANKER
welcome!
Welcome to ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY! We are an animation personified site set both in the animated world and present day San Francisco. A terrible darkness is spreading through the animated realm, driving everyone from their homes and into unknown territory that we know as reality. Now they find themselves at a crossroads: do they fight for their world or do they turn their back on it and make San Francisco their home? What will you choose?

setting 
san francisco, calif. 2018

___

please register
first middle last
in all lowercase!
AMANDA (admin)
SAM (admin)
FOREST (admin)
POND (mod)
ALLIE (mod)
staff
DISCLAIMER:
EDS is known to cause death by soul-crushing feels. Don't forget your feels bucket.

addreply
newthread
newpoll

whip it good, liz && katrina B)
isaac benedict crandell
 Posted: Mar 24 2018, 12:33 AM

there was no trace of the schoolmaster..

ichabod crane
  sleepy hollow
  31 years old
  single
  heterosexual
  he/him
  lauren (she/her)
 23 POSTS

awards

shake it up.
First dates. By this point, nearly ten years after he had arrived in San Francisco, Isaac had gone on plenty. Some good, some bad, some in between. Needless to say, seeing that he was not currently in a relationship, nothing had been incredibly successful (other than the sex here and there). He did have some high hopes for the dinner date that he was going on today, however. The woman that he had matched with, Katrina, looked strikingly similar to the blonde back home in Sleepy Hollow that he had had his eyes on and had hoped to ultimately marry. Maybe this was that woman, the one that he had pined after all of these years. He did not think so, however, as he would have assumed by this point that he would have found her, as San Francisco was not that large of a city, population-wise, and it had been many years. This was wishful thinking at the most probably. If anything, a date would be nice to help unwind, as things were getting very stressful at work due to loads of essays coming in shortly before and just after spring break. He did really enjoy his job, just grading could be very tedious and did not allow him to get out of his apartment as much as he would have liked.

The two of them had planned on meeting up at a semi-casual Italian restaurant for dinner, a nice and easy first date idea that he had suggested. Isaac was not that nervous, honestly, as he had gone on pleeeeenty of dates in the past, so how would this one be any different from the rest? Sure, this girl had the same name and looked like a San Francisco version of one the Katrina that he had known, but coincidences were a thing. The English teacher had gotten to the restaurant a little early as punctuality was especially good for successful first impressions. He was not really sure as to what expect with this date, as his had gone in all sorts of directions in the past, but he felt practically open to anything and everything that tonight might throw at him. Isaac had decided to wait for his date in the front of the restaurant rather than being seated at a table for two alone, hoping that she was actually going to show up and not ghost on him. That had happened to him a couple of times before and was never a very fun experience. Luckily, this was not the case, as the blonde that he had been waiting for walked through the door, promptly causing him to stand up to greet her. "Hi Katrina," the dark-haired man said, smiling slightly at her. "You look really nice tonight." That was a given, as she was probably one of the most attractive women that had ever swiped right on him. "Do you want to check into our reservation so we can get our table?"

katrina vanessa hector sorry if this is shitty! i'm trying to figure out his voice still, but i'm rlly excited for this!!!!!!!
PM
^
katrina vanessa hector
 Posted: Mar 25 2018, 06:06 PM

-waves seductively-.

katrina van tassel
  the legend of sleepy hollow
  27 years old
  mingling
  heterosexual
  she/her
  liz (she/her)
 65 POSTS

awards

candy bear
sweetie pie wanna be adored i'm the girl you'd die for i'll chew you up and i'll spit you out 'cause that's what young love is all about so pull me closer and kiss me hard
TAG: isaac benedict crandell
NOTES: AHH HERE WE GO
It wasn't as though it was particularly hard for Katrina to get dates, but they were fun for her all the same, or at least most of the time they were. The tricky part was getting an actual date out of it, especially when the origination point was something like Tinder, instead of a completely obligatory gesture of varying sincerity just to get a chance to take her clothes off. Isaac didn't seem that way, though. Maybe that wouldn't always be the case, but it was refreshing he was at least interested in her as a person. Somewhat, anyway. Enough he was willing to take her out to dinner first, and that was good enough for her. She was actually a little excited to meet him, to tell the truth, which wasn't a first but it was certainly uncommon. Boys were boys no matter what the time period, and that was still something to keep in mind as she headed into this, but at least he held her interest this long. Of course, another thing to consider was he reminded her of somebody, in the way he talked and what he did for a living, but that was something she would really not have dredged up in her mind while she was out.

She liked to wear black on her dates, with small accents of a Barbie-like pink here and there. The dress fit snugly on her curves, and she smiled gratefully to the gentleman leaving that held the door, uttering some quick thanks before she flipped a soft curl over her shoulder and looked for the man she was really here for. It didn't take long, fortunately. For a couple of seconds, there was the rush of relief that he looked just as handsome as his pictures (if not more), and he hadn't been lying through the lens of a camera. After that came the inkling again, almost a prickle, the sense that she knew him somehow. That was going to drive her batty, if she couldn't figure it out. Maybe it was simply some facial recognition that she'd forgotten; he could have been to one of her shows, be it ghost guide or magic, and she just vaguely remembered his face but not enough of anything else to actually connect the dots. That made sense, right? For now, she contented herself with that explanation and hoped it didn't come up again. "Well thank you," she replied, smiling sweetly as she tucked a tendril of hair behind one ear. "And you certainly clean up nice, too." And holy shit, the man was tall. She'd known to expect that, but expecting and seeing were two different things. Katrina was taller than average, as a woman, and on top of that she liked to wear high heels, so it wasn't always that she truly felt a size difference, and thank goodness he kept talking so she didn't have to fight that hard to yank her mind out of the gutter.

She looked around them momentarily, the split second decision of "be sarcastic or keep being nice" coming into play. Well, he'd have to learn the truth eventually, if he hadn't picked up on it already from their previous chatting. "Mm, you know what, I'm really digging this lobby actually," she said, grinning lightly. "Yes, I'd like that." She softened slightly after a beat, getting just a little more serious with her next question. "You weren't waiting long, were you? Please say you weren't. I don't think I'm late, but sometimes I do seem to run on my own separate time schedule. I'm sorry."

PM
^
isaac benedict crandell
 Posted: Mar 27 2018, 10:13 PM

ichabod crane
  sleepy hollow
  31 years old
  single
  heterosexual
  he/him
  lauren (she/her)
 23 POSTS

awards

shake it up.
Isaac had been seriously surprised that the blonde had actually swiped right on him. He had not been expecting that at all when he had done this, as women like her typically had higher hopes on dating apps and preferred not to settle on men like him. In all honestly, he had considered just swiping left, as it meant that he would not have to deal with that kind of rejection, but had decided last minute to give it a chance, which worked out in the long run. It was just a lucky break that he had seemed to be catching as of late, with the award that he had gotten through work and then this date. Good (and bad) things always occurred in threes, so he was very curious as to what else fate had in store for him. As she walked in the door, he could not help but gasp a little bit, internally luckily. Katrina just reminded him of, well, his own Katrina from Sleepy Hollow, all of those years ago, especially with the pink that she wearing a little bit of. She was just as beautiful as her photos that she had on her profile, as another thing that he had worried about was a catfish, another not very fun occurrence that had happened to him a few times before. "Of course. And thank you." The compliment did feel really good, even it if might have been obligatory.

He raised an eyebrow at what Katrina said for a few seconds, having a feeling that there was some sarcasm there, based off of their conversations that they had had before. It had been a little bit difficult to detect before as it was through text and you couldn't exactly tell someone's tone, but he managed and at least it was a bit more obvious now in real life. Isaac was going to inform the hostess that "Oh no, not at all." Even if that was not the case, he probably would have lied, as to not make her feel bad. That was never a good thing, especially not on a first date, but since it would only be a little white lie, there probably would not be too much issue over it. "I got here between five and ten minutes before you did, which is not an issue at all. You have nothing to be sorry about really, you were on time. I just like to run a little bit early, in case of unforeseeable issues. Sounds like a plan on getting seated, though." The English teacher smiled good-naturedly at her before strolling over to the hostess podium. "I have a reservation, Crandell for two?" The woman there looked down at the tablet that she was holding before grabbing two menus. "Of course, right this way." Isaac followed the hostess to their table, a small booth nestled at the back of the restaurant, taking a seat once it became clear that this was their place. He didn't even take a look at the menu yet, as he wanted to get a chance to speak with his date at least a little bit before decisions had to made. "So, totally cliche first date question, but tell me about yourself."

katrina vanessa hector sorry for (almost) insta-reply bUT HE INSISTED
PM
^
katrina vanessa hector
 Posted: Apr 10 2018, 09:34 PM

-waves seductively-.

katrina van tassel
  27 years old
  mingling
  heterosexual
  she/her
  liz (she/her)
 65 POSTS

awards

candy bear
sweetie pie wanna be adored i'm the girl you'd die for i'll chew you up and i'll spit you out 'cause that's what young love is all about so pull me closer and kiss me hard
NOTES: I DON'T LIKE THIS BUT IT'S A POST
That simple "no, not at all" would have sufficed, instead of all of that. Maybe she made him nervously chatty. It wouldn't have been the first time, as egotistical as that may have sounded. She just smiled, reassured, and was content to follow where the hostess led. The restaurant didn't scream high end, but it was nice enough to show he cared about first date impressions. She'd been taken to a dive bar before on a first date, for goodness sake, so this was good. He'd earned a few points already. She looked up as he spoke and shook her head, smiling softly.

"Can't be helped, I guess. Good old opening questions. Umm, let's see..." I'm from another dimension, keep a cursed skull in a hatbox, and am a practicing witch. Oh yeah, that was definitely an acceptable answer. Not. Did she even have any hobbies to speak of that weren't either weird or trashy? Ghost hunting or drinking her weight in cocktails at parties; there wasn't much in between them, except maybe shopping. Great. Wow, she was kind of boring, in a way. She made the mental note to look into some new interests. "Well, I'm a magician's assistant, a haunted San Francisco tour guide, and I like long walks through cemeteries," she said, smiling as she paused for a beat. "Or the beach." Was she kidding? Not really, but if he wanted to think she was, she wouldn't stop him.

"On a normal level, I like watching classic movies and reading-- which, speaking of, you're an English teacher, didn't you say? Do you actually like English lit or did you just get stuck teaching it?" That was enough chatter out of her for now, and she took the chance to start looking over her menu, though she did glance up at him again, honestly interested in what he would say and do. Maybe he'd last. He was doing alright so far.

PM
^
isaac benedict crandell
 Posted: Apr 26 2018, 08:45 PM

ichabod crane
  sleepy hollow
  31 years old
  single
  heterosexual
  he/him
  lauren (she/her)
 23 POSTS

awards

shake it up.
Isaac had been on enough dates, and first ones with new people as well, by this point to be able to figure out what worked and what didn't. He liked to think that he was now particularly talented at tailoring whatever he wanted to share with the woman that he was currently seeing, so that they might see whatever facet that he saw fit to them. The high school English teacher didn't necessarily think that he was breaking the golden rule of dating that was always being yourself because he technically was himself, he was just picking and choosing what type of information to share right off the bat. Other things could be shared later on, once he and the other person were more acquainted, assuming that the first few dates went mostly successful.

"Really? I don't believe I've ever met someone that's a magician assistant or a tour guide. That is quite fascinating." He wasn't lying at all, but had to raise an eyebrow at the cemeteries part though. Isaac had definitely not expected that at all, but he wasn't too put off by it. Sure, he was fairly superstitious, especially in this day and age, but kept it under wraps for the most part. "Oh no, I absolutely love it. I consider myself very lucky to be able to teach what I want to and what I enjoy. I typically do classic American literature, so The Great Gatsby and Puritan poetry, that kind of thing." It was entertaining, at least to him, to have been in a time where the latter was relatively new and his mother had even read that poetry to him when he was young. "So what type of books do you like?" He liked a wide range of novels besides the ones that he had to read for his job, even if those did hold a special place in his heart. Other genres that he enjoyed included, but were not limited to, Victorian, romance, and mystery.

katrina vanessa hector hey what's up i don't know what the hell this is

PM
^
katrina vanessa hector
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 04:43 PM

-waves seductively-.

katrina van tassel
  27 years old
  mingling
  heterosexual
  she/her
  liz (she/her)
 65 POSTS

awards

candy bear
NOTES: LOL SHE HAS NO IDEA ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Fascinating was certainly one way to put it. She wasn't sure if she believed his assessment, but she'd take it. He didn't seem too put off about the cemeteries, either. A bit of a reaction, she'd noticed, but it wasn't much. Well, that was a nice little surprise. It wasn't as though she'd have him tromping through a cemetery investigating ghosts (oh, damn, she should have mentioned that little hobby with her friend Norman and seen the look on his face) next time they met— if they met again— but there was a sliver of hope he could be brought around to the spooky side. He already sort of looked the part, no offense meant to him, with the long (for a man) black hair and being so damn tall, shit. Katrina wasn't exceptionally tall, but for a young woman, taller than average certainly, and he dwarfed her. Come to think of it, that was kind of hot— anyway, anyway, what was he saying? Oh, right, answering her own question about books. Alright then.

So much for staying focused, but fortunately Katrina had at least tuned in for the gist of it. He enjoyed it, classic American, Gatsby and Puritan poetry, got it. The latter sounded as boring as stale white bread, so hopefully that part wasn't his thing. It sounded like what would have been around her home, too, which didn't at all do it any favors. Maybe that was why she automatically decided she wasn't interested. That wasn't really fair, was it? Oh well. Not much about what Katrina decided was fair, to be honest, so what about Puritan poetry suggested she should start now? "That is not a question I've been asked on many dates," she admitted, grinning lightly while she scrambled mentally for an answer. Spell books, trashy Harlequin paperbacks, true crime and killer mysteries. The usual for any self-respecting young woman, of course. "I like mysteries," she settled on quickly. "Thrillers, I suppose. Ghost stories." She'd read her own ghost story before, too. It wasn't as good as she'd hoped, but it amused her anyway that even here, she was someone. Even here she had been an object of competition between two men, one of which may have been killed over it.

"I'm actually from the real Sleepy Hollow, you know. Fun fact," she added, because why not? It wasn't as if he'd catch her real meaning, and it had to be based on somewhere so who cared? If anything, he'd catch the cliché that she was named Katrina and claimed to be from there, and that would be it. "Maybe I was meant to like ghost stories. Anyway— sorry, I'm not trying to be a creep." Katrina smiled apologetically as she tucked a wave of hair behind her ear. "What about the books you like?"

PM
^
isaac benedict crandell
 Posted: Jul 12 2018, 12:36 AM

ichabod crane
  sleepy hollow
  31 years old
  single
  heterosexual
  he/him
  lauren (she/her)
 23 POSTS

awards

shake it up.
This date had been going pretty well. Even though it had not been going on for very long, Isaac could already tell that he and Katrina were clicking. She seemed to be a quite lovely person, if not a bit interesting due to her hobbies of cemeteries and dead things from the looks of it, but there were far worse things to be into. There had been a young woman that he had gone on one date, and only one, that enjoyed making candles out of her own earwax in her free time. Needless to say, they had not gone on too well and she had claimed at the end of the date that their auras or chakras or something like that didn’t align, which was probably for the better, seeing that he wasn’t planning on reaching out to her again.

“Hopefully I’m not coming across as crass or too forward, but perhaps you’ve been going on dates with the wrong kind of people?” Books were definitely something that he would talk about a lot on first dates mostly because there was just so much to talk about in regards to them. Isaac loved to read and thought that it was something very telling about the person that he was talking to. Maybe it was the English teach in him, but it was a good starter topic for first dates. “I’m honestly open to all sorts of genres. I like mysteries a lot too, especially the kind that really have you turning the pages and really stump you, but isn’t stupid about it. Like the Murder on Orient Express. I hated the ending to it in all honesty. Kind of an easy way out.”

Returning back to her offhand mention of the location where she was from, it couldn’t be the same girl that he had fallen for. There was no way that he would run into her in such an odd way. Reunions were certainly more ceremonious than this. “Hmm, that’s really funny because I’m actually from around there too. Not originally from the actual Sleepy Hollow but not too far away? I grew up near the Connecticut-New York border in a small town by the name of Pemberwick, but I moved to Sleepy Hollow after I got my degree.” He squinted slightly at her, the resemblance to the blonde who had plagued his daydreams since he arrived in that small town all of those years ago really shining through now that he was thinking about it hard. “Maybe that’s why you seem familiar to me.” Isaac felt the need to bite his tongue and not mention the whole storybook thing, especially if this hunch did end up being wrong.

katrina vanessa hector /screams also the shrek reference was my sister's idea i swear

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

topic options
addreply
newthread
newpoll

static affiliates | status: open