FROM frozen

❝she's ice cold.❞

35 YEARS
5'5''
heterosexual
taken
Wynn

put a little sunshine in your life
Satisfying. That's what her job was. The smiles of her clientele well worth the hours of fretting about, and even the dull ache in the soles of her feet after a long, hard day came as a small pleasure. Ever the people pleaser, her friends teased. Ever the perfectionist. But at the end of the day, it was worth it. It always was.

That wasn't to say it wasn't stressful. She'd been at the grand venue since seven that morning, about ready to pull out her hair from the sheer amount of work that still needed to be done. Vendors flitted about. Caterers prepping the kitchen, floral arrangements, lighting, table setting all being placed as quickly and as neatly as possible. One would almost think it a circus, with how many people were running around, like chickens with their heads cut off. With her trying to maintain, manage, and oversee it all -- enough to make her wish she had thirty more eyes and sixty more hands. It's a miracle she had found time for a quick lunch, or to sneak away to change into more fitting attire before the early evening event had begun.

And what a grand event it was. The hall they had rented was large; reserved for mostly for weddings, made obvious by the drapery covering the walls and the large, golden chandeliers sporadically scattered across the ceiling. Every table, of which there were easily twenty or more, was decorated in an impeccable fashion, with fancy centerpieces and all. Mrs. Downy -- the sweet old lady who was hosting such a soirée -- made it clear she had high expectations, and expensive taste. Gaudy taste, Mina had thought. She kept her mouth shut, of course, out of politeness. (not her place to judge, just to do, after all) But she took solace in the fact that it didn't look quite as bad as she had originally feared. In fact, it looked rather beautiful, she was willing to admit. And Mrs. Downy seemed wonderfully ecstatic, trailing behind the brunette with compliments and comments aplenty. A sweet woman she was, but quite a talker, and as guests began to fill the room, Mina could swear she felt the first inklings of a nasty headache forming.

When it was clear all the guests had sauntered in from the street, she found it in her to excuse herself from the company she was unwillingly entertaining. She stepped away quickly, putting distance between herself and the group of older women that gathered around her. She always enjoyed have a moment to simply step back and absorb during her parties. A moment to breathe, to watch everything fall into place the way it ought to. It brought her a special sort of job.

She strayed by one of the larger, longer tables that housed many of the drinks and hors d'oeuvres and drinks for the evening. In the middle of each table was an absolutely breath-taking ice sculpture. She'd been very adamant about hunting down someone to do these sculptures, and when she had been suggested a young woman by the name of Elsa....well, she'd jumped at the chance. (and the name, Elsa, rang in her ears and in her heart in a most peculiar way) She was happy she had, as they turned out almost other worldly. She longed to reach out and run her fingers across the smooth, crystalline edges. Which would be inappropriate, she reminded herself. Not to mention unprofessional and probably unsanitary. But still. She was captivated by them. It was only when tore her eyes away to cast them again among the crowd did she notice from the corner of her eye someone floating on the edges, towards the wall. Her lips quirked into a small, warm smile.

She'd extended an invitation towards Elsa, naturally, but she was still pleasantly surprised she'd come. Her heels clicked on the surface of the tiled floor as she bee-lined towards her. "They're beautiful," she said softly as she approached. The other woman looked quite lost, and Mina hoped she didn't startle her with her sudden words. "The sculptures. If I didn't know better, I'd say they were glass." It was a true shame they would melt before the night was over. "I want to thank you, again, for your hard work. And for coming tonight."

"Would you like a drink?" she asked after a moment, motioning towards one of the waiters carrying a tray of champagne flutes.

//NOTES i hope this is okay wendy dear!! :3
// WEARING

PM
^
elsa brigit redd
 Posted: Oct 24 2016, 11:25 PM

elsa
FROM frozen

❝the cold never bothered me anyway❞

24 YEARS
5'8"
heterosexual
interested
wendy

stardust in your eyes
outfit is here.

This would be an excellent chance to get her name out and to network with potential future clientele, she reminded herself for what must have been the thousandth time that day, standing close to the edge of the grand hall and casting crystalline eyes over the gathered guests flitting here and there and chatting with one another in animated groups. This was one of the largest parties she had worked on to date, even larger than most of Lucille's parties, which had come as a surprise to her considering the fact that Lucille Florence knew better than most anyone she'd ever known how to throw a party. But Mina Delacour had a knack for party planning that could rival most anyone, the blonde had learned in the handful of weeks since they'd first met. When the other woman had first come to see her and presented the ideas that she had for this event, Elsa was admittedly shocked to have someone in charge of such a large account coming to her and offering her the chance to work with her. It wasn't every day that someone came into her tiny rented office space off of the recommendation of someone else to offer her work. But then, she supposed this was what it was supposed to feel like when hard work paid off.

Hand clasped gently together in front of her, Elsa cast another wide glance around the room, this time taking in each separate piece she had made for the individual tables set up throughout the room, no doubt in some pattern she lacked the ability to take note of but that Mina must have put a lot of thought into. The pieces she had sculpted for the event were small, but there were enough of them--one for each table--that it amounted to nearly the same amount of work as she was used to making singular large sculptures. And if she was honest, making these pieces had been fun for her--placing specific details in places she generally would not have focused so much attention on, and she was pleased with the outcome of her last few weeks worth of work. She only hoped that Mina and the woman who was hosting the event liked them as well. Glancing down at her gloved hands as they twisted and folded together anxiously, the blonde struggled for a moment with her will to stay put and to experience the party she'd played a small part in piecing together. Casting her gaze to the clock, she sighed, looking away again to the guests that flitted from one side of the room to the other in an attempt to meet and greet every other person in the massive venue.

Before she could give much more thought to the every growing nerves in the pit of her stomach, a somewhat familiar voice sounded from close by, and she jolted out of her reverie, startled, and whirred around to face the woman who approached. "Miss Delacour," she murmured politely, bowing her head for a moment out of old habit and offering the older woman a soft smile. When she made clear that she'd been referencing the ice sculptures when she'd addressed her initially, Elsa's smile grew by a small fraction and she ducked her head slightly again. "Oh, thank you so much." Turning her head to take in the sculpture nearest them, the blonde surveyed it quietly for a long moment, her head tilting gently to one side, before looking back to Mina through her peripheral. "I enjoyed making them. It was a challenge, but I was proud of how they turned out. I wouldn't go as far as to compare them to glass, though, I don't think." Laughing lightly, she turned back to Mina and smiled again, something familiar glinting in the other woman's eyes and making her stomach turn as her memories grasped at straws searching for the source of that strange recognition.

"Its no trouble, really. It was my pleasure to work on such a large event. I'm only glad that the sculptures fit well with the design--really, this party is incredible. I..." She paused, wondering for a moment if her next words would ring true in the end, and after a moment of deliberation, she surprisingly knew that they would. "I'm glad that I came, as nervous as I was." Following the brunette's gesture as she motioned toward a waiter carrying a tray of champagne, Elsa paused. It had been some time since she'd had champagne, but as the old saying went: when in rome, do as the romans do. "Sure, I'd love one." Smiling a little more easily now as she warmed slowly to the woman standing with her, the former Queen of Arendelle found herself wondering again what it was about this woman that had set her so at ease from the moment she'd crossed the threshold into her office that day. Why did it feel so comfortable being near her, so reminiscent of times she hardly allowed herself to think of anymore for fear that the memories would consume and overwhelm her and leave her gasping for breath as they often did. Only time would tell, she thought, and in the meantime, a glass of champagne certainly wouldn't hurt her chances of keeping her cool.

NOTES | i hope that its okay, hun! i'm so excited!! <3 mina leah delacour.

PMEmailAIM
^
mina leah delacour
 Posted: Feb 3 2017, 11:40 PM

Queen of Arendelle
FROM frozen

❝she's ice cold.❞

35 YEARS
5'5''
heterosexual
taken
Wynn

put a little sunshine in your life
Mina grabbed two of the flutes from the tray as the waiter passed, offering one out to Elsa. "You give yourself too little credit." She took a sip of her own, letting the bubbly liquid wash over her tongue. Champagne wasn't her preferred drink of choice -- in fact, she'd never been fond of the taste -- but it felt good to drink something. She didn't know how parched she had been. A woman taking her first drink of water after being stranded in a desert. "Mina," she said after a moment. A means of correcting the girl. She was fond of her. She was quiet, well-mannered. Achingly familiar. Formality wouldn't do at all. "Please, call me Mina."

To hear that Elsa was glad to have come...it warmed her heart. Her approval certainly was something, wasn't it? Mina was thrilled. Elated. Honestly and genuinely. The tension of the evening had begun to melt away. The noise of the guests as they chattered, laughed, danced to the soft music from the live band. It all melted away. "I do hope you're having a good time." The bright smile that had previously lit up her face wrinkled into a steady gaze of concern. To Mina large gatherings of people were natural. Expected. She'd learned to deal with it. But she could tell the younger woman wasn't used to it. Didn't like it. And she didn't want to push her. Heavens no. "You're free to leave whenever you like," her voice lowered into a hushed tone. "Though I'm sure Mrs. Downy would love to meet you. She's a wonderful lady. But she'll talk your ear off if you let her, be careful." At that, she made an exaggerated face of disapproval before taking another sip, barely containing the giggle that bubbled from her throat.

//TAG elsa brigit redd //NOTES THIS IS LATE AND SHORT I'M SORRY WENDY AAA
// WEARING

PM
^
elsa brigit redd
 Posted: Apr 20 2017, 11:55 PM

elsa
FROM frozen

❝the cold never bothered me anyway❞

24 YEARS
5'8"
heterosexual
interested
wendy

stardust in your eyes
outfit is here.

"We are all our own worst critics, I suppose," she murmured softly, shoulders lifting in a shrug as she looked again from the woman who stood with her now and back to the sculptures she had designed for the event. She really was proud of her work, truth be told. She had taken everything that Mina had to say about the design plans of the event into account and tried to incorporate them in whatever ways that she could, and the small details were still what called out to her most in the crevices of the piece closest to them. She still wouldn't dare to compare her work to glass however, certain that there were more than enough imperfections in the to strip her work of such praise. But she could at least admit that they fit in well in the large room, blending well with the decoration of the room and drawing the eyes of each person who passed them by at least for a moment. But her words certainly did ring true: she was her own worst critic, and while Mina and the client seemed pleased enough with her work, which was all that she could ask for, really, she still found herself seeking out imperfections in the icy surface of the piece nearest them.

Absently accepting the flute of bubbling liquid that Mina had offered her, she stared down into its contents for a moment before mimicking the older woman's actions and lifting her own glass of champagne to her lips to take a sip. The effervescent liquid washed over her taste buds, the dry bite of the drink overwhelming her for a fraction of a second before she reigned in her reaction and swallowed. It wasn't bad, by any means, but it certainly wasn't what she was used to or what she preferred generally, either. With a loose hold on the stem of her glass, she swirled the liquid gently for a moment, eyeing the bubbles as they rose to the surface and popped once they reached the top, and with another sip, she lifted her gaze to the woman standing with her once more. Swallowing down her sip of champagne once again, she offered an awkward, embarrassed smile with a quick nod of understanding. "Mina," she murmured, mulling over the sound of the name for a moment before nodding again. "Right, of course. I'm sorry, I'm a bit too professional for my own good--or at least, I've been told that I am." It was a poor attempt at a joke, but she hoped that the intention would ring true, at the very least.

Names were important in this world, she reminded herself silently. In San Francisco, there were no titles to help you get by in conversation, and Mina was certainly not the first to correct her for not having used her name. In fact, it was a correction that she was used to by now, having had similar conversations with most of her clients since starting her ice sculpting business. Lucille had been the first to call her out on her over-the-top professionalism, the first to try and pull her from her comfort zone and to get to know her better, and while that had terrified her at first--and still did at times, truth be told--she was grateful for the other woman's persistence. She now viewed Lucille Florence as a good friend, and while she still saw the value in all of the lessons she had learned as a child to prepare her for the day when she would be Queen of Arendelle, she also saw that being too guarded or professional only made her appear as aloof, without a care for those around her. And being seen as aloof had never mixed well with running a business that thrived off of the opinions and recommendations of others.

When she explained that she was glad that she had come out tonight, despite her nerves over the situation, she was surprised at the way that Mina seemed to relax, at the way her eyes lit up. She was genuinely glad that she had come tonight, which had been the case with a few hosts and planners at past events she had chosen to attend on invitation, but something was different this time around. There was something about Mina that she couldn't put her finger on, something that drew her to her, something that felt so incredibly familiar that her mind kicked into overdrive whenever the other woman was near just fumbling about trying to find some hint as to who she was and why she felt connected to her somehow. "I definitely am," she assured her, her voice soft and warm as she lifted the glass to her lips again. And again, she was surprised by how true what she'd said was. She would usually hide at the outskirts of a party like this one just long enough for someone familiar to notice that she was there and to say hello, and then she would quietly excuse herself with as little fanfare as possible and make her way home for the night. But there was no such urge thus far tonight. No desperate need to hide from everyone or to get out of there, no claustrophobia up to now, no panic settling in the pit of her stomach... Really, she was content to stand for a while longer and talk to Mina, to get to know the woman who had brought her in on such a spectacular project and who even now had chills running along Elsa's arms as distant recognition rang in her ears and tugged at her memories.

A laugh fell from the blonde's lips at the mention of the older woman--Mrs. Downy, as Mina had called her--and how she would like to meet her before she left, and Elsa's brow furrowed for a moment when Mina told her to be careful, wrinkles puckering the skin around the bridge of her nose. She knew that it would be polite to meet with Mrs. Downy before she left, to talk with the woman for a handful of minutes and to get to know her a bit better, certainly to tell her how wonderful the party she'd thrown had turned out. From both the standpoint of politeness and from the standpoint of a businesswoman looking to expand her contacts, she knew that a visit with the older woman was a requirement for the night, but perhaps she could wait a while for that? For the time being, she was content to talk with Mina, to reassure the older woman that she was, in fact, glad to be here and that the party was a success, even to a hermit like the sculptor.

"I'll make sure that I stop to see her before I leave for the night, then...maybe with an iron-clad reason to leave quickly if need be." With another gentle laugh, she cradled her drink close against her chest and cast her gaze around the room before settling it back on Mina. "For now, though, I think that I'm fine here, if that's all right with you?" Arching a questioning brow at the other woman, she took another sip of her drink before resting the glass delicately against her chest once more, finger tapping gently against the rim for a moment. "I have been meaning to ask, Mis--Mina," she corrected herself quickly, shaking her head with a sheepish smile. "What made you go into party planning? Its obvious that you have a knack for it, but how did you discover that you were so good at it? It took me years to really see ice sculpting as a feasible hobby, let alone career..." Trailing off before she could go too deep into the backstory of how she found herself drawn to ice sculpting--she didn't want to have to lie to Mina about her past, for some reason feeling like a misbehaved child just considering the possibility--she shrugged again, casting her gaze up towards the ceiling and eyeing the chandelier that hung overhead. "I'm always curious to hear how others found their calling." With most, it hadn't just fallen into their laps in the form of a curse, as it had with her.

NOTES | honestly, idek what this is, and i hope its okay, luff. <3 mina leah delacour.

PMEmailAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

static affiliates: now accepting