ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY -> i get by with a little help
click to rearrange
a bit quiet? join us on
discord!

endless diamond sky 
spotlights
WENDY

A lover of AUs and a master of causing the feels, Wendy is always at the ready to offer love and support to her fellow members. Her posts are lovingly constructed, detailed, and every character speaks in their own voice; from the lovable Cadi to the villainous Cala. EDS wouldn't be the same without her, so go show her some love!

MEMBER OF THE MONTH
PAIR OF THE MONTH

ZELDA NOAKES & TERENCE HALLOWS

THREAD OF THE MONTH

LITTLE SHOP 'O HADES
NICCOLÒ THANASIS & PERSIE ANTHOS

NIAMH ROSS
charas of the month

MARTINE ANKER
welcome!
Welcome to ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY! We are an animation personified site set both in the animated world and present day San Francisco. A terrible darkness is spreading through the animated realm, driving everyone from their homes and into unknown territory that we know as reality. Now they find themselves at a crossroads: do they fight for their world or do they turn their back on it and make San Francisco their home? What will you choose?

setting 
san francisco, calif. 2018

___

please register
first middle last
in all lowercase!
AMANDA (admin)
SAM (admin)
FOREST (admin)
POND (mod)
ALLIE (mod)
staff
DISCLAIMER:
EDS is known to cause death by soul-crushing feels. Don't forget your feels bucket.

addreply
newthread
newpoll

i get by with a little help, #becca/helen (finally)!
alice brittany downey
 Posted: Jun 1 2018, 02:24 PM

i suppose you'd call me a genus humanus alice.

alice
  alice in wonderland
  24 years old
  curious
  bisexual
  she/her
  liz (she/her)
 19 POSTS

awards

in this dive
we rediscover sensation in this dive we rediscover sensation walking in space we find the purpose of peace the beauty of life you can no longer hide our eyes are open
TAG: helen clarice mallory | NOTES: i aimed for short and got this instead
Truth be told, Alice wasn't really sure what she would have done had she not met Helen. Kept falling, she supposed, probably still downward. There wouldn't have been much of a catalyst to send her back up, after all, so until she reached the bottom, that would have seemingly been the only way, but one could never tell, could they? Regardless, they'd all made it to the here and now (whatever exactly "here and now" was), and Alice was... for lack of a more appropriate word... "better" now. She would never herself go so far as to say she was better, rather doing better or doing worse or doing okay, whatever applied. Was anyone ever truly the concept of better? Was such full improvement really attainable? People were people after all and all inclined, whether they admitted it or not, to make mistakes and have selfish impulses and do things out of their own interest once in a while rather than stand as these solid pillars of wholesome, pure, self-sacrificing goodness. Alice didn't like to commit to such a claim, being better, but saying she was simply doing better, for the time being, was alright. There was a different, however subtle as it may have seemed.

Anyway.

She did that a lot, going on tangents in her head. It did get awfully tedious, but it was much preferred, in her opinion, to have a chatty, thoughtful head than an idle and emptied one. She had a brain to use, and it was quite happy to keep itself occupied and at work. Alice felt she was lucky in that regard, even if it had been the part of her that was so sick when she'd first met Helen— ah! Helen! That was the point here. As Alice was prone to do (and several others, she was sure), she had forgotten momentarily what she was doing, why she'd been walking through Haven Hill in the first place with some daffodils. She associated Helen with yellow, for some reason, and while Alice herself was not fond of many flowers, these in particular immediately reminded her of the woman who had helped her sort out so many issues in her head that had once been tangled up like an impenetrable ball of yarn but were now nice and neat (well... within reason; they were at least not tangled and making her ill).

Helen helped many, many people from the animated world, and Alice was quietly grateful that this made it easier to find her in Haven Hill. She didn't have to brave the city and find some office in a maze of a building, once she found the right building to begin with. This was much less stressful, and she supposed that must have been quite an advantage for what Helen offered. Oh, but there she went again; she'd thought this out before, too, so there wasn't much of a point. There wasn't much of a point to many things Alice thought throughout the day, but no matter. In the end, was there much of a point to anything? Maybe not, but it certainly didn't stop anything, anyway. Alice, meanwhile, finally did stop and knocked on the door she knew so well, creaking it open only because she already knew that she was expected and Helen wouldn't be busy with anyone else. "Hello, Helen," she greeted, a small and easy smile (but a smile, nevertheless) settling on her face. "Oh!—I saw these, on my way." She had forgotten about the flowers again, stepping fully around the door instead of hovering halfway in and halfway out. "I thought you would like them; I feel like you would be yellow, if you were a color, you know? I'm not sure why," she explained, shrugging slightly. Although subtle, the calm contentment to her fell slightly as she looked at the stems she clutched. "Oh, dear. I didn't even think about water for them; I'm sorry." What was she even sorry for? That was something she needed to work on, she knew. It just happened, tumbling out of her mouth before she was even aware of the words. Ah well. Helen wouldn't mind. That was part of Helen's job, anyway, gently reminding her that whatever it was inside of her that drove her to keep being sorry for things, there was no need to be. "And I'm sorry for being sorry."

PM
^
helen clarice mallory
 Posted: Jun 26 2018, 04:47 PM

Happiness has brought you here!.

queen clarion
  disney fairies
  44 years old
  its complicated
  demisexual
  SHE/HER
  becca (SHE/HER)
 78 POSTS

awards

I just want to build you up, build you up 'Til you're good as new And maybe one day, I will get around To fixing myself, too

alice brittany downey
Helen had been human for five years now, her talents lost to the portal and time, but on occasion the counsellor still caught glimpses of her former self, pieces of Clarion surfacing like memories swimming to the surface, and she smelled the flowers before she saw them, their sweet, heady fragrance filling her office the moment they came through the door.

Daffodils, of course, but Helen would have known them even blindfolded, and the counsellor pushed herself up from her seat to usher the young woman away from the door. “Oh Alice, these are lovely!” Helen smiled, taking the proffered little bunch of flowers and lifting them to her nose. She breathed them in, her fingers tenderly caressing the silky petals: centuries of instinct stirred, four hundred years of knowledge honing in on the species with unerring accuracy. A garden talent fairy would have smelled them coming from halfway across Haven Hill, but Helen’s talents had always been more tailored towards leadership, and her keen nose for botany had been dulled by five years in a human body, soothing lost, restless spirits instead of bringing the four seasons to the mainland and maintaining precarious balance in the world.

It was difficult not to miss the latter when she has devoted four centuries of existence to it, but she took almost as much pride in the former, finding the same peace and purpose in bringing some measure of... No, not sanity. That was entirely the wrong world. Most of her patients came to her entirely in posssion of their faculties. It was their hearts that required mending, their souls that needed care, and even if one was a little off balance that was hardly surprising when their entire lives had been ripped apart. Hope, perhaps. That’s what Helen had needed when she had crossed the portal, and it was what she had always tried to give her patients, even if it was just the hope that somebody might see them, through whatever guise the portal had given them.

Alice was a little more difficult to decipher than others. It had been a challenge at first, teasing out the girl’s hopes and fears and unravelling the tangle of Alice’s mind, but weeks and months and years of sessions, of cups of tea and winding conversation, had taught Helen that Alice’s mind would always be a complicated weave of tangents, a maze that the girl still got lost in, though perhaps with a little less frequency than when she had first been welcomed into the counsellor’s office.. That was simply the way she was: an entirely unique girl, unlike anybody the former queen had ever met, and Helen had become extraordinary fond of her in the years she had known her, determined to make her life that little bit easier, restoring something of the order the girl had lost to the darkness.

“Believe it or not, yellow has always been my favourite colour,” she said brightly, clutching the daffodils to her chest, her heart filling with warmth at the small but meaningful little gesture. ”And I have always been partial to daffodils. Thank you, dear. I have a vase here that will do quite nicely and,” she continued, her voice warm with wry reassurance, “plenty of water. Why don’t you sit down and tell me what you’ve been up to while I find the perfect spot for these on my desk?”
PM
^
alice brittany downey
 Posted: Jul 10 2018, 03:37 PM

i suppose you'd call me a genus humanus alice.

alice
  alice in wonderland
  24 years old
  curious
  bisexual
  she/her
  liz (she/her)
 19 POSTS

awards

in this dive
we rediscover sensation in this dive we rediscover sensation walking in space we find the purpose of peace the beauty of life you can no longer hide our eyes are open
TAG: helen clarice mallory | NOTES: sorry helen here comes the space case
Even though she had known full well Helen would appreciate the flowers, it was still a relief to actually hear it, and she felt her body relax with the confirmation and her smile became easier. Was that normal? Maybe. Alice knew she had a tendency to make herself just a smidge anxious when it came to the people that she admired the most and wanted most to be pleased with her, if not proud. Her own personal theory was that it stemmed from her strained relationship with her parents. After all, she had only been a girl, not even having been on earth for a decade when the darkness swept them all away from home, and they had expected so many adult ideas from her so quickly, and she still remained certain they had rarely, if ever, been genuinely proud of her. Helen, on the other hand, didn't treat anyone that way. It was a wonder to Alice that everyone wasn't bringing her flowers, honestly. She was made of kindness and consideration. And of yellow.

She was right, too. Alice nodded, letting out a breath and what felt like any anxiousness suddenly thrust upon herself (by herself) with it. "Okay... Well..." She got to thinking as she settled herself down. What had she been up to? There had to be something unusual. Would she even be Alice otherwise, after all? Working, dealing with Salem and Mimsy as per the normal routine, trying to do more meditating when she remembered, trying to push herself... "Oh! I saw a UFO!" The words came blurted out before she really had thought over an explanation with them, but with them she noticeably perked up, both in her face and in her posture. If anything got the girl excited, it was the unexplainable. Textbook Alice. "Well, I mean, I don't know if it was a spaceship, but just as UFO stands for, it was an object we could not identify." For a moment, she was very pleased with herself (not unlike she imagined Salem and Mimsy felt with themselves anytime they did, well, anything), but then she remembered to backtrack for that "we" she mentioned. "And by we I mean myself and my friend, Ingrid."

Alice softened at the mention of her, looking off to the side somewhat as she contemplated what to say about her. It was possible she had mentioned her before, but this time, they were definitely bound together in friendship and it wouldn't be a fleeting effort. "She's very kind," she said first, smiling a little. "And very pretty. She's a model." That wasn't necessarily important, but to a small piece of her, it was. Alice didn't consider herself much to look at. Uninspiring, she called herself. She wasn't unattractive, but she wasn't going to strike anyone in the way a muse stuck in an artist's mind and motivated them to create a work of art. Ingrid, though; Ingrid was beautiful. Alice wished she could look like that, but only sometimes, because in spite of her insecurities, Alice believed that everyone had something beautiful about them, and it would show when they found it. Besides, if Alice looked like Ingrid, then what would Ingrid have? And what would she have, herself, if she looked like somebody else?

"She doesn't judge anybody, I don't think. In fact she's the one who encouraged us to start stargazing regularly and write down what we see. She gets us a spot on the roof of where she models a lot. I'm really happy we saw something. I felt like..." Her tongue tucked into her cheek while her brow furrowed, and she thought about how to proceed. Phrase the unphraseable. Feelings were so hard to pin down with words, sometimes. "Like I wasn't wrong, if that makes sense. And I'm not wrong." She said this firmly. Aliens were real and not a crazy conspiracy. "Like I wasn't wrong as in she took my ideas seriously when she didn't have to, and when we saw that, it stopped being potentially a waste of time."

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

topic options
addreply
newthread
newpoll

static affiliates | status: open