ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY -> april showers bring m a y flowers
click to rearrange
a bit quiet? join us on
discord!

- endless diamond sky -
spotlights
ACXE

Acxe is a true gem. Always present, always eager to offer up support and a kind word. They've given life to an interesting cast of characters from Kristoff to Cerberus, all of which are a welcome edition to EDS and played phenomenally. If you haven't, now is definately a good time to show your appreciation, and thank Acxe for everything they do!

PAIR

Sterling & Helen

another sunrise
helen

gen aura
CHARA

leia joyce
CHARA
wildcard
CATEGORY: OOC QUOTE
WINNER: POND
"i have heart boners for all of you"
WELCOME
Welcome to ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY! We are an animation personified site set both in the animated world and present day San Francisco. Open since OCTOBER 2015, we are a friendly, thriving community who welcomes players from all levels and backgrounds. When registering your account, please register with first middle last in all lowercase!

A terrible darkness is spreading through the animated realm, driving everyone from their homes and into unknown territory that we know as reality. Now they find themselves at a crossroads: do they fight for their world or do they turn their back on it and make San Francisco their home? What will you choose?

AMANDA (admin)
SAM (admin)
FOREST (admin)
POND (mod)
ALLIE (mod)
staff
  SAN FRANCISCO, CALIF.
   PRESENT DAY, 2018
  DANGER LEVEL : LOW
  FEELS WILL BE COMPROMISED

addreply
newthread
newpoll

april showers bring m a y flowers, sam//iris
iorek aquilo isbjørn
 Posted: Jun 5 2016, 11:08 PM

rrrRRRRRrrrrerrrrr i'm a polar bear

polar bear
  way up north
  26 years old
  single
  bisexual

pond ()
 95 POSTS

awards

I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
The shop was flourishing, in more ways than just one. The flowers were growing strong now that Spring had sprung, and it seemed as if more people than ever before wanted to buy some! Iorek couldn’t have been more happy to see so many customers looking around the store, shopping and simply looking at the various flowers Iris had worked so hard to grow. The polar bear was proud to see one of the sprites doing so well. He could still remember when they first met, when he was far younger, and had just become the companion to the winter sprite. The connection had suddenly appeared, and the polar bear no longer aged. He had Audra to take care of and watch over, and that was just how things were meant to be. Once Audra went to sleep as their season came to a close, he found himself without much to do other than explore the rest of the land. And that? That was where he first met the spring sprite. She was so bright, so full of color compared her his close friend.

They did not spend all of their time together, of course, as she had her own sprite- an elk as large as he was, or so he heard. But they saw each other in passing, nodding as each went to perform their own duties. It was his job as a companion to keep watch over the winter sprite, but that didn’t mean he couldn’t keep an eye on the others as well. It made him feel more comfortable to know how the others were doing as well. And now that he had been brought back to the others, he certainly had to take care of others. Iris’ companion had not been found yet, and Iorek knew he had to keep an eye on both her and Audra. They both suffered from similar issues, after all, of often falling asleep at inopportune times when it wasn’t their own season. And while it was now Iris’ season, that didn’t mean he wouldn’t help out. The flower shop was beautiful, and Iorek knew she could use all the help she could get. He loved to be helpful, especially when the ice cream shop wasn’t as popular.

There was so much for them to do, so many people to help, and Iorek loved every moment of it. Even if he was quiet and not the best about making friends, he could still enjoy himself. Working just made him feel more comfortable, and while Audra was in their apartment and writing away, he knew it would be okay to do other things for a short time. The flower shop was a comfortable temperature as well, far better than being outside for the polar bear. He smiled as he rung up a few more customers, his tall stature most likely a bit off putting, ”Have a wonderful day.” he watched as they left before going to find Iris with her flowers, ”How is it going up here?” he asked, a smile rested softly upon his face as he watched the short girl work away.

PM
^
iris sylva hyacinth
 Posted: Sep 25 2017, 08:51 PM

Shrill and clear the sound of her waking laughter.

spring sprite
  fantasia 2000
  24 years old
  TAKEN
  pansexual
  SHE | HER
  sam (SHE | HER)
 66 POSTS

awards

i am spring

There was something almost ironic in the fact that she'd never truly anticipated the arrival of her season. At least not until she'd crossed through the portal and was forced to remain awake through the rest of the year. Back in their world she spent summer, fall, and winter safely awaiting the familiar footsteps of her elk. Only stirring when she felt him approaching, heralding the very last days of winter. Her time in slumber was spent dreaming of spring, but in truth it hardly felt like she was waiting at all. It was almost like she went to sleep one night and woke up the next morning. Then she'd come here, and every night she went to sleep only to wake up in a day that might or might not be spring. While she'd always wondered what the other seasons would be like, had tried once or twice in her long history to catch glimpses of the two sisters that bordered her own season. She'd never been able to fight her natural instincts, and without fail she'd find herself once more sinking into the water from where she'd come. It was a gift and a curse to be able to see them now. While she loved each and every one of the other seasons for their beauty and the familial love they spawned in her chest. She couldn't help but yearn for her own season. Dreaming of flowers and butterflies as her eyelids grew heavier and heavier. Yearning for the surge of power and energy she felt when the first blossoms began to bloom.

Being tired for three quarters of the year had made adjusting rather difficult. Which is why she felt so unbelievably lucky to have been found by people who not only cared, but understood what she was going through. From the kind elder couple who'd given her the shop and greenhouse, to Iorek who'd kindly taken it upon himself to keep an eye on her in the absence of her own companion. Her elk. She found herself thinking about him with even more frequency now that it was spring. It was hard not to expect him to be close by as she danced around her shop with all the energy she missed the rest of the year. Even now she still found herself glancing over her shoulder, or parting her lips to call his attention to some new flower or plant. Having Iorek around did help, and it eased a lot of her fears and insecurities...but in a way he reminded her that her own companion was still out there. What would she do if she never found him?

"He'll come back to me, won't he?" Her fingers were gentle as they brushed the petals of a flower. The barest whisper of a touch, like a breeze passing through, but the flower responded nonetheless. Instantly perking up and growing brighter in response.

All around her they did the same. The flowers of her season were in full bloom now, as was she. There was no tired circles under her eyes, and no sluggish weight to her movements. By contrast she could barely stand still. Her weight shuffled from foot to foot every time she stopped to hum to the flowers. A brief collection of moments at each bundle of bright colors before she was twirling away to the next.

In a lot of ways it was almost like her energy was contagious. Overflowing from her to the flowers, to the customers that buzzed in and out of the shop. She could hear their voices and for once didn't feel anxious at the fact that so many people were in what was essentially her space. Turning from a set of daisies at the sound of Iorek's voice she couldn't help the beaming smile that stretched across her features.

"It's going wonderful." Her fingers dipped into the dirt, feeling the roots and empowering the flowers to grow bigger, stand taller. "They're all very excited at the idea of going home with someone." Once she was done she pulled her fingers free, brushing the dirt off before spinning around on her heels and facing him more completely. "How are things with the customers? Are they leaving happy?" Her words rushed out of her, and she had to pause to take a breath; "I want to thank you again for being here, have I done that today? I can't remember if I have."

tag

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
iorek aquilo isbjørn
 Posted: Dec 6 2017, 12:06 PM

polar bear
  way up north
  26 years old
  single
  bisexual

pond ()
 95 POSTS

awards

The changing of the seasons was always an odd time for the polar bear. The weather was completely different, of course, but there was so much more to it than that. The personalities of the people around him seemed to flip and flop from hot to cold depending on which season they liked most, the atmosphere of the world… It just felt different. Like everyone was trying to adjust to the changes of whatever had just occurred. And then there were so many differences between this world and the one he once lived in and cared for so deeply. The seasons did not change nearly as rapidly in these lands. Back home, it was over the course of a day- Audra would wake up, her body simply sensing that it was time, and off she would go. Within the day, the lands were covered in snow. Yes, sometimes the snow took a bit of time to melt before spring was able to burst into action, but still that change was over a day too. Here things were just so different, so slow. Sometimes spring rains would fall a month or so before spring was even set to begin. At least there were still seasons, of course. Still changes in the times that kept him comfortable and happy. And while winter was not nearly as cold, it would always remain his absolute favorite.

It felt as if spring had approached faster than ever, this year. Or perhaps none of them were thinking about it. When the seasons came slower, Iorek never knew when to expect anything. He just knew he had to help out all his sprites, and he had to keep them all save, no matter what. As long as they were together, there were some sort of a family, and he wouldn’t let that change. So no matter who was falling asleep at work, he would be there to be a helping hand, and keep them up until they could get somewhere safe to nap. It was dangerous to have things happen any other way, wasn’t it? And until all the companions were back, Iorek would need to pick up the slack. He didn’t mind it one bit either- it wasn’t too hard, other than travelling the distances. Uber was great, though, and made things easy. Plus he could always run if he needed it. Iorek was good at running.

He loved the flowers, now that he truly got a chance to see them. In his own home he slept through most of them, only arising to see them all covered in the wintery fluff of snow. Iorek loved the colors, the ways they blended together to make such beautiful shades. It was one of the reasons he enjoyed helping out at the flower shop so much. He got to see so much, and learn so much, from someone else important in his life. Perhaps not as important as Audra, but someone who mattered nonetheless. Someone who kept winter from lasting far too long- even he could admit to that. Every season had its place, and every one was just as important as the last.

With Audra set, he could do as he pleased. Iris was fine now, what with it being spring, but the flowers still needed tending too. ”That’s great.” he smiled, watching Iris work. It was amazing, the powers the sprites had. How did they gain such wonderful abilities? It was amazing that they transferred so well into this world as well. ”How many do you think will sell today?” he asked before thinking about her own questions, ”It’s amazing. They are so happy- they love your flowers, Iris.” he nodded, ”You have today. This morning. And you’re welcome, you always are.” he looked around at the different little flowers, ”Someone called in. Looking for purple flowers. I told them to come in later and we’d have a variety out. How many do we have?”

iris sylva hyacinth
PM
^
iris sylva hyacinth
 Posted: Feb 23 2018, 04:15 PM

Shrill and clear the sound of her waking laughter.

spring sprite
  fantasia 2000
  24 years old
  TAKEN
  pansexual
  SHE | HER
  sam (SHE | HER)
 66 POSTS

awards

i am spring

Being in the flower shop certainly made living in this world easier. Even when spring rolled around and she felt energized and awake, Iris couldn't help but take notice of the differences that separated this world from the one she'd known. The largest being that the seasons here moved on their own and far more sluggishly then they did back in her world. The separation between one and the other wasn't as prevalent as it was in her memories, and sometimes it felt like some were longer than others. She didn't know what it was like for her siblings but there were times when she felt like her own season was there and gone in an instant. Hardly enough time to really enjoy the world without feeling so tired all time. It was a relief that here in her own little corner of the world it was almost always spring. The flowers made the transition from one season to the next bearable and helped to keep her grounded when her own season finally did roll around. She could stand among her plants and feel like she was back in the great forest where her slightest touch would fill the world with new colors. Even if the world outside didn't exactly feel like spring.

Walking along the rows of flowers; finger tips lightly brushing across petals and leaves. She whispered encouragement to each flower and plant, urging them to grow and letting her magic do its work. She felt almost like a reservoir filled to overflowing. An endless supply of natural magic and energy that needed to find an outlet, and sometimes not even all the flowers and saplings in her shop seemed like enough. She'd once spread her magic over an entire world; brought spring to her land- not just one tiny shop. The excess made her tremble where she stood, a soft tremor that she tried to offset by constantly moving. It made the flowers in her hair bloom bigger and brighter, small butterflies manifesting in the air around her to settle in her hair like decorative clips.

"I don't know." She said, humming softly as she moved. "I hope it's a lot, otherwise we might have to start thinking about finding more space soon." Spring meant more flowers and more flowers meant that soon their shelves would be full to overflowing. Most of the time that was alright. Spring was a time when people liked having flowers in their homes, or sending them to their loved ones. So sales were always up one way or another. It was also not too difficult to find buildings or parks that needed flowers for their decorations, so at least if they did reach their limit they had options. She just...would prefer they didn't get to that point. The greenhouse had some rows that were hard enough to move through as it was. Turning to look at him she beamed, and her eyes shone like she might actually cry at the sentiment. "Really? I'm glad. If that's the case...then I'm sure we'll sell a whole lot today."

Dusting some soil from her fingertips she considered their inventory. "I know we have plenty of Orchids, and some purple daisies. I'm sure there's plenty more if we look around." Bouncing slightly on her heels, she gestured to the back of the store. "We can start in the greenhouse and just grab one of each purple flower we find? I think there's a free shelf by the counter we can put them on so the person can see all their options when they get here." It was so much nicer to have someone here with her. She didn't really have too many employees ( not really any when she considered it ) so any help was appreciated. Especially on days like this when they were probably going to be busy.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
iorek aquilo isbjørn
 Posted: Aug 7 2018, 10:22 PM

polar bear
  way up north
  26 years old
  single
  bisexual

pond ()
 95 POSTS

awards

In the end, despite just how crazy so many things were, Iorek was glad to be in this world now. He was glad to actually meet the other sprites and their companions instead of just hearing rumors of them on the wind. He was glad he could learn so many new skills and abilities- and all it took was a pair of thumbs and a voice. If he really wanted to, he could even sing! Not that Iorek trusted himself to do anything like that at all. Why would he want to possibly ruin anyone’s hearing? Especially Audra’s, as she’d be the one to hear him mumble to himself the most. Of course that didn’t stop him from enjoying closing the ice cream shop from time to time- everyone had to let go once in a while. It was nice to be free.

There was a beauty to the flower shop. A calmness that was only in a place like this fell over the polar bear the moment he entered the store. Iorek was incredibly glad not to have any allergies, not like others had, as it meant he could truly enjoy everything the flowers had to offer. There were some back in their world, of course, but in the depths of winter, very few were really alive. Most had curled up under the snow, hiding away until the warmth of spring invited them out to grow and live. And in this world she still did that very same thing, only in a different manner. Either way, it was amazing to see in action. Iorek had no powers close to that- he could only keep the sprites safe- so getting to see their work was truly magical. Each sprite could do so much in her own season- and so much in the others as well. It was honestly nice not to have to sleep for so many months of the year as well. Iorek had never seen as much sun as he had in this world, and it was spectacular.

As tiring as it could be to keep an eye on all of the sprites, especially in the ever-changing weather of San Francisco, it was also so fulfilling. He could make sure they were all okay, he could make sure they were all enjoying themselves. Although he didn’t know most of them as well as he knew Audra, he could still tell when something was up. He knew the signs of needing to rest up and take a break, and he would make sure that all happened. ”I’m certain we’ll get a lot.” after all, people loved their flowers, and not everyone had the best green thumbs. Of course, not everyone had a sprite around as well. Iorek watched as the flowers perked up as Iris spoke to them, as if her words themselves were enough to live off of. How wonderful.

”I know we will. We always sell well.” it was spring, after all, and everyone wanted a fresh start. They wanted beautiful colors and smells to brighten up their lives. ”Orchids and daisies.” Iorek repeated so he couldn’t forget it for when the people stopped by. Worse came to worse, Iris would be around to help out as well. He nodded, ”That sounds great.” then the person could choose exactly what they wanted, colors and shapes and everything else in between. ”Is there anything else you’d like me to work on?” after all, he was an employee of hers. Iris had to boss him around eventually.

iris sylva hyacinth
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

topic options
addreply
newthread
newpoll

static affiliates | status: open