welcome home!

newtopic
newpoll

try twice as hard, snagged by rily/lawana!
heulwen blodyn tyl
 Posted on: Feb 13 2017, 09:15 PM
changeling child
❝ ❞
animated oc
5'6"
demisexual
single

liz

» I COULD USE SOME FRIENDS FOR A CHANGE
Thomas had been, all things considered (in her opinion anyway), wonderfully kind. Once they had gotten over their initial... whatever it was, between them. Tension? Sort of the word, but it wasn't quite there, though honestly, Heulwen tried not to think about it very much. Whatever his misgivings had been about her at first (and maybe lingering; she wasn't sure, and she wasn't going to ask if she didn't have to), he'd gotten over them enough to let her come back with him. He'd brought her into his life with the resistance, and she had a chance to try and integrate herself into something more than an isolationist existence going where the wind blew.

Now it was her turn for the misgivings.

It was difficult. There was no other word for it, the challenge of learning how to give and take with the constantly adjusting ebb and flow of social interaction around her. There was no stillness, not like she was used to. When it was quiet, it still wasn't, not entirely, not where the air itself had ceased and everything was frozen and waiting for some vibration. It made her anxious, and that in and of itself only served to increase her unease-- but she would deal with this. There was no way in the great green earth she was going to give up and turn tail. It was getting so hard to keep doing this by herself, whether she wanted to own up to that or not. She couldn't keep hiding and surviving alone out there, and honestly, how long did she think she could keep it up? How long before her body forgot she could speak? How long until she didn't know how to function with others and communicate at all? Even the plants could speak to one another; even they needed the acknowledgment of another in their own way. She couldn't ignore that anymore. Maybe she'd been surviving, but that was all.

These things were all well and good, that she had realized within herself and sought to fix, but it didn't make her feel any more at home in the encampment. It was almost like a little village, just one that was able to up and move when that necessity came. She didn't want to become dependent upon Thomas and his presence, so she pushed herself to make that effort to not glue herself to his side. He didn't sign up for babysitting some fey-child nomad. He didn't sign up for anything; he'd just agreed to let her go with him. That was it, the whole extent of his place in this. Anymore stock put into it were her own feelings clouding her judgement. She owed him the space. She owed him at the very least the attempts to fit in and do this right; he deserved to not have some embarrassing freak on his hands. Maybe she was being too harsh (of course she was), but telling herself did nothing to quell the worry.

He'd gone off somewhere; she had made it a point to not pay too close attention and to not go with him, but she couldn't just hide. She had to try even when he wasn't there-- why did it even matter!? Every now and then her thoughts would interrupt themselves with this frustrated question, and there wasn't really an answer. Why would he even care what she did? She wouldn't have cared what a very nearly still a stranger did. Again, his involvement ended at bringing her there. He didn't have to do anything for her, and did she want him to? Really? She loved to prove she could do things herself, and why would this be different? She absolutely didn't need his approval.

Something inside of her smiled when she made herself go outside and find something to do. Good girl; go do something. Prove to the rest of them that she could do something for them. It didn't much matter to her what it was, just something. Help someone with anything, so she looked in any given direction and picked. There. Go.

"Um..." Shoot, she'd met this person before, had been told their name but couldn't quite remember. Damn. She smiled at them anyway, a quick little thing with a tilt of her head and small nod towards what it was they were doing. "Hi... Can I help?"

Please?

AND SOME NIGHTS I'M SCARED YOU'LL FORGET ME AGAIN SOME NIGHTS I ALWAYS WIN
#RILY! #731 WORDS #PLEASE HUMOR HER OK LET HER HELP
^
lawana nadie hausis
 Posted on: Feb 15 2017, 01:53 PM
Grandmother Willow
❝ "My bark is worse than my bite!" ❞
Pocahantas
5'0
I'm too old for this
Single

Rily

Lawana felt strange on the other side of the portal. She was no longer exactly a tree, but she was not human either. It was a close escape when the Darkness fell. Her tree self was infected with the Darkness and if she had lingered there for very long, she would have been infected with the Darkness as well. Thankfully, the spirits of the forest took pity on her and rescued her. She was a spirit herself now and had the ability to “possess” trees in the animated world if she so wished. It was rare that she did, though, because many of the trees were now one with the Darkness. Lawana did not want to risk it, so she usually stayed clear – except for the occasional willow tree, of course.

She was at the rebel encampment, tending to the soldiers that had been wounded in battle. It was her job with the resistance. Battling evil was not exactly her forte after all, but healing absolutely was. Her healing knowledge all started back before she had even been turned into a tree. It came from her people. They used everything they could for healing – everything from herbs to tree bark. Modern people did not realize how much healing power Mother Nature had. Lawana was an expert, so it would be selfish to not do her part to help.

Lawana was in the nursing tents. There were soldiers laying on cots, some being tended to and others resting while they healed. Tending to Darkness related wounds were a little bit different than regular wounds. Sometimes it took them longer to heal and sometimes they had to come up with completely different ways to heal them. It was a challenge and that was that way Lawana liked it!

Her head popped up when she heard a gentle voice. She smiled. A young woman offering to help – why, she could use all the help she could get with these patients. “Come, child. Hold back the man’s shirt so I can apply this salve.

heulwen blodyn tyl

heulwen/liz <3
^
heulwen blodyn tyl
 Posted on: Apr 3 2017, 05:23 PM
changeling child
❝ ❞
animated oc
5'6"
demisexual
single

liz

One of the things that had always intrigued Heulwen about the resistance and its traveling camp was the sheer variety of beings that stayed there now and again. All manner of beings from rational to the unimaginable but very real came by at some point. It was amazing just how big the world truly was. The woman before her seemed almost ethereal, but not unearthly. In fact there was something extremely earthy about her, though Heulwen couldn't pin down what. Perhaps she was some kind of earth spirit. Her name continued to escape her, but she smiled with the sensation of nervous tension in her shoulders beginning to slide away and nodded. A chance to help meant a chance to make herself useful and not go stir crazy. Maybe it was a test of some sort, if she could get over this hump and start focusing more on what she was doing there instead of what she could be doing if she ran, then maybe she would get over it.

As it was, she stepped up and looked curiously at the man in question, and all at once it clicked: this was one of the nursing tents. The woman was a healer. Thank the moon, Heulwen could certainly help here and not mess it up. Although the questions in her gaze lingered on the man, wondering what had gotten to him and brought him here, his story, his history, things she wondered about everyone she saw and, back when she was alone, would create for people herself in her mind to pass the time, her hands did as instructed, holding the shirt's fabric and keeping it out of the way. The salve-- it smelled like leaves. That sounded strange, a thought she didn't voice yet and wouldn't until she had figured out a better sounding way to say it. She couldn't pin which sort of leaves exactly. Creating salves wasn't something the Tylwyth Teg every really did, and they didn't need to; they did all of their healing with their magic, but they knew every plant in their woodland and then some, even their scents, and thus, so did Heulwen.

"What is that?" she asked, nodding slightly at the salve and watching its application, as well as the man's face, waiting to see if it helped. It must have done something; he didn't seem to be in too much discomfort, things considered. "It smells like plants, and I know those scents; I just... can't remember what they are." This admission came with a slump in her shoulders and a discouraged slight frown, but as soon as it registered, she straightened up. This wasn't the time to be down on herself. "I'm sorry if that sounds... odd. I'm still learning how not to be." Well, so much for the not being down part, but she didn't falter, didn't lessen her hold on the flaps of the shirt she kept in place or look away from either being in front of her. In fact, after a brief moment, Heulwen actually laughed a little. "Then again, I'm sure there's been more odd come through here than just me picking out herbal smells in a salve."

#lawana nadie hausis #532 WORDS #I'M SO SORRY THIS TOOK AGES! I LOVE LAWANA ;u;
^
lawana nadie hausis
 Posted on: Apr 23 2017, 10:01 PM
Grandmother Willow
Pocahantas
5'0
I'm too old for this
Single

Rily

There were quite a few healers working with the Resistance, but it always seemed like they needed more. The battles were constant, which meant that the injuries were as well. They had good warriors, but even they sometimes lost against the Darkness creatures. Lawana thought about those beings frequently. There were so many things still unanswered about the Darkness and everything that came along with it. Were the Darkness creatures automatically there once the Darkness fell? Or were they once animated beings like herself who had too much contact with the Darkness? It was so mysterious, she was unsure if they would really find all of the answers that they needed.

For now, she needed to focus on creating the best healing salve she could. The healers of the Resistance had not created the best way to deal with Darkness inflicted injuries, but what she was using was as good as it got for now. It would help with the injuries and the pain, but there was very little that they could do to keep any side effects from the Darkness occurring. Even the magically gifted healers were struggling to keep that from happening.

Lawana was not a magical healer. She was a magical being now, but she had no magical healing skills. Her healing was purely from nature. She had extensive knowledge of nature, since she was a part of it. It was a small part to play, but she needed to do all she could to help the Resistance. Something told her that they’d never get the animated world back to the way it was, but they needed to try. And at the very least, keep the Darkness from spreading even more.

A smile crossed Lawana’s lips after hearing the young woman’s comment. “You have a good nose for herbs,” she said, briefly glancing up at the woman before back down to the man on her table. The poor fellow had passed out from the pain he was in, but it was easier this way. “Let me see here…there’s aloe vera, peppermint, chamomile, lavender…and a few other things.

She quirked a brow at the young woman’s comment about being odd. “That never even crossed my mind, child. Who is to decide what is odd? One person’s odd is another’s normal. Everyone is odd. Some are just better at hiding it than others,” She gave a friendly wink.

heulwen blodyn tyl

heulwen/liz <3
^
heulwen blodyn tyl
 Posted on: May 4 2017, 05:30 PM
changeling child
❝ ❞
animated oc
5'6"
demisexual
single

liz

It hadn't seemed to hit her until now that the woman with her wasn't entirely human. Humanoid, but she wasn't so firmly flesh and bone like Heulwen. She seemed to shimmer, light gently undulating brighter and softer in her being. She was there, physical, clearly a being there in some kind of density and matter but-- Heulwen didn't know the quite right word she was looking for. A spirit came to mind, one who came from nature. She wanted to ask, but even she knew it wasn't exactly polite to just come right out and ask someone what they were, so bluntly. Besides, she could ask later; with this chance right in front of her, she wanted to use it to learn.

She nodded with a quiet hum of understanding. Now that she knew the names, she tried to pinpoint them to the smells. It was difficult all mingling together, and the aloe threw her off. Even so makeshift and ready to run if they needed to, this place had access to plants she'd never heard of? That was impressive. There was so much still that she didn't know, and it humbled her-- not that she'd let any of these comments go to her head. It wasn't just right now; it was everything. This contributed to her stammered apology, but she looked up, listening, and found herself grinning. The act was small, but those words made her feel better immensely. She was right, of course. Any worries and criticisms that Heulwen held, she imposed upon herself. No one had even once suggested to her they thought she was too strange for them, or too anything at all. Just herself. She was so worried about finding a niche for herself here and not being the square cramming into a circular hole. Who cared? Thomas-- she thought, anyway-- liked her well enough, and this right now seemed alright.

"I'll remember that," she said, easing back to a smile. She looked back down at the man, and let her mind drift back into her curiosities. "I don't know aloe vera," she admitted. "I suppose it just didn't grow where I'm from, and I'm a little out of practice... What does it do?"

#lawana nadie hausis #369 WORDS #FFFF THIS COULD BE BETTER, I'M SORRY D:
^
lawana nadie hausis
 Posted on: Aug 21 2017, 08:10 PM
Grandmother Willow
Pocahantas
5'0
I'm too old for this
Single

Rily

Lawana had learned a lot over the years about healing. She never bothered very much with healing while she was human, but there was no better healer than nature. The plants, animals, and spirits of the world were how she really learned about healing. And she was still learning even now. Aloe vera to treat pain, lavender to help with anxiety, lemon thyme to settle upset stomachs…the list went on and on. The spirits truly knew how to treat those that wanted to protect their creatures and their world. It was no mere coincidence that so many healing materials could be found out in nature.

She couldn’t help but think back to when she was still human and how she would have reacted if someone were to attempt to teach her these things. Lawana was ashamed of the person she once was, who always thought herself above everyone else and any task. There was a reason why she was so wise and gave such good advice. She’d learned from her mistakes and through it, she learned a lot about nature and a lot about people. Unfortunately, there were more than just a few people that refused to listen to her lessons. Mostly through stubbornness.

And then there were those like Pocahontas, or this woman next to her, who actively seek out Lawana’s help. The woman’s aura was very similar to Pocahontas’s, which made Lawana smile. There were a variety of colors bustling around the woman’s frame. Mostly bright colors, but with the occasional dark color passing through. There were very few beings completely without darkness, after all.

Aloe Vera has a lot of healing properties. It cleans, hydrates, and soothes the skin. After we finished up here, I will show you what it looks like in the storage hut.” She finished applying the salve, some on the skin and some on a fresh bandage. “And now we wrap. Snug, but not too tightly. There, perfect,” she said, as she guided the woman’s hand while wrapping.

And what is your name, child?

@[heulwen blodyn ty]

heulwen/liz <3
^
heulwen blodyn tyl
 Posted on: Oct 4 2017, 12:40 PM
changeling child
❝ ❞
animated oc
5'6"
demisexual
single

liz

A plant that could do all that certainly sounded like a valuable commodity in a place like this. She could immediately understand why a healer would want it on hand. "Thank you," she said with a nod, glancing up momentarily but mostly keeping her eyes on the work. This woman didn't have to teach her anything, but she was, and Heulwen was incredibly grateful for that. So many more methods existed outside of her little fey bubble, now that the world was such a vast, connected place. There was so much to catch up on, if not refresh her memory. Her magic couldn't heal all the time. She could remember her mother warning her not to get carried away; especially as a human and not a true fey, she could overdo it much quicker. No one liked to acknowledge their own limits. Heulwen was no exception.

Snug, but not too tightly. She nodded again with rapt attention. She had never actually bandaged anyone before, a fact that seemed almost funny if she called herself a healer. Perhaps she'd only managed to be lucky enough to not have to, rather than lacking experience; just lacking the circumstance. She smiled, a twinge of pride stirring even though she hadn't really done all that much- but learning was something to be proud of, wasn't it? She looked up at the question, almost embarrassed that she hadn't thought to say so before. Well... oops. "I'm Heulwen," she replied. Come to think of it, she hadn't caught the woman's name either. "What is yours?" She hesitated, thoughts coming back around to the question of what exactly she was. It still seemed rude to ask, but the curiosity was going to gnaw at her if she didn't figure out some way to inquire respectfully. "Are you a nature spirit? I hope it's not rude to ask; I'm sorry if it is."

#lawana nadie hausis #315 WORDS #I'M REALLY SORRY THIS TOOK ME SO LONG BUT HERE IT IS
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
newtopic
newpoll