ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY -> May OTM Nominations
click to rearrange
a bit quiet? join us on
discord!

endless diamond sky 
spotlights
BECCA

Becca is yet another member that has returned to us, and was sorely missed in her absence. As much a part of the family as though she'd been here from the very beginning. She's always welcoming, always kind and supportive, and most importantly ready to offer all the magical feels-breaking plots you could ever ask for. So don't forget to show her your love next time you see her!

MEMBER OF THE MONTH
PAIR OF THE MONTH

SKYLAR CASSIDY & WILLIAM CALIBUR

THREAD OF THE MONTH

MELT YOUR HEADACHE
NICCOLO THANASIS & COSMO BENNET

KATRINA HECTOR
charas of the month

MORTIMER WYNTER
welcome!
Welcome to ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY! We are an animation personified site set both in the animated world and present day San Francisco. A terrible darkness is spreading through the animated realm, driving everyone from their homes and into unknown territory that we know as reality. Now they find themselves at a crossroads: do they fight for their world or do they turn their back on it and make San Francisco their home? What will you choose?

setting 
san francisco, calif. 2018

___

please register
first middle last
in all lowercase!
AMANDA (admin)
SAM (admin)
FOREST (admin)
POND (mod)
ALLIE (mod)
staff
DISCLAIMER:
EDS is known to cause death by soul-crushing feels. Don't forget your feels bucket.

addreply
newthread
newpoll

May OTM Nominations, DUE THE 7TH
✧POND
 Posted: May 2 2018, 10:20 AM

This is what I was waiting for!.

goro akechi
  persona 5
  17 years old
  single
  straight
  he/him
  pond (she/her)
 684 POSTS

awards

of the month awards

Hello gems and jewels! It's time for our OTM awards! Choose your nominee(s), fill out a code (one per nomination!) and post it below. When nominations close, staff will vote and post the winners around our normal timeframe (10th~12th of the month).

Our goal here is to share that you care about that someone special, whether you love their take on a character or you love stalking their threads. Don't feel any pressure to nominate for all categories if you just have one or two gems in mind that you'd really like to put a spotlight on. You can, however, still nominate for all five spots if you wish!

rules

• Do not nominate yourself! Pretty self-explanatory, but this also includes any threads you are involved in.
• Do not nominate a member of staff for Member OTM. It's our job to keep the site running, so seeing you guys happy is enough of a reward! This includes: Amanda, Sam, Forest, Allie, and Pond.
• Characters must have at least one in character post in a thread to be Character OTM. (That means not just calls/texts/games, please!)
• The Character OTMs are neutral as far as gender go! We will award two characters of any gender the OTM award.
• You may not nominate any Member, Character, Thread, or Relationship that has won the in that category for the last three months. They can, however, be nominated for a different category than their previous win.
NO DOUBLES. Please do not nominate someone for the same category twice! If the member/character/etc. you wanted to nominate was already nominated this time by someone else, please choose another. We'd like to give everyone the opportunity to shine!
• And vary your nominations from month to month! We all have a lot of love to give here at EDS, but keep in mind that we have so many members to give it to. If you find yourself nominating the same members or characters month after month, let someone else love them!

the categories

MEMBER : Endless Diamond Sky owes so much to its fabulous members, as you all make up the great community that we are today! The Member of the Month should be friendly to members old and new. They should be active in posting and plotting, open to ideas and new threading partners. All in all, they should be an absolute gem!
    PREVIOUS WINNERS: Kay, Rily, Pumpkin
CHARACTER : We all put our blood, sweat and tears into these characters and they all deserve a round of applause. Characters of the month should be well-rounded and have depth. They can be strictly close to canon or uniquely different, and they could be original characters as well! The important thing here is that they are brilliantly and lovingly developed and written.
    PREVIOUS WINNERS: Melania Black, Chance Parker, Jaxon Frost, Helen Mallory, Thea McGovern, Isabella Clare
THREAD : Threads make the world go round! Some of them make us laugh, some of them make us cry. These feels-inducing exchanges are what we're here for! Nominate a thread between two of your favorite characters, one that you've been stalking for months, or even one that is just fun to read.
    PREVIOUS WINNERS: Conceal, don't feel (Annalise/Elsa), Rescue My Heart (Yuri/Natasha), Take my heart clean apart (Terence/Helen)
RELATIONSHIP : Ah, ships! This category can span any sort of relationship you can think up: romantic, platonic, familial, and more. This relationship should be well developed and masterfully threaded out, fully exploring what both characters have to offer. This can be a canon ship, a crack ship, and everything in between!
    PREVIOUS WINNERS: Olaf Friedmann & Gíslíana Isdóttir, Evangeline Eidolon & May Norris, Nicholas Adams & Desiree Labelle

how to nominate

It's easy to nominate for OTMs! Simply fill out the code below and post here in this thread! Nominations will stay open several days, and then staff will deliberate on the winners. Get your nominations in ASAP, as they may be closed at any time on the last day. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, PM Amanda and let her know! Good luck everyone!

OTM nominations will end on MAY 7TH.

CODE
YOURNAMEHERE'S NOMINATION FOR CATEGORYHERE OF THE MONTH
[LIST][B]NOMINEE HERE :[/B] say a few nice words about your pick! do they fill the requirements we describe above? do they make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside? do they just give you the feels??? (If nominating a thread, please include a link!)
[/LIST]

--------------------
You're like the thing that makes the universe explode
POND
5/21:
Less than a month til graduation! I'm busy being an adult and working, but things are settling down! If I could stop being distracted by Horizon Zero Dawn and Overwatch I promise I'd be posting on a daily basis!!!

I'm always available to chat, answer questions, etc. on Discord at Lindylemonn#4814!
Into the colors of a world I've never known
PM
^
sterling douglas spiegel
 Posted: May 2 2018, 10:33 AM

What wouldst thou know, my Queen?.

Magic Mirror
  Snow White
  35 years old
  Single
  Questioning
  he/him/his/grump
  Kay (Any)
 88 POSTS

awards

KAY'S NOMINATION FOR MEMBER OF THE MONTH
    Lowrie : I don't know who Lowire isn't friendly too, members new and old, she's a gem and one of the best buddies you can make on this site! I love the emotion and skill she brings to her characters, and I adore the pictures of Shetland she sends us on Discord. I'm also 85% sure that she's really a bot because there's no way someone can be as supportive and sweet and fabulous as Lowrie is.
    Lauren : When I first joined I seriously thought Lauren was staff. I still think that sometimes. More often than I should. But you know what? That says a lot about how welcoming, helpful, and just overall great she is. Her QotD on Discord was fantastic, and she ran it like a pro! Her writing always leaves me wishing I could be more like her, and oh geez, the meme/gif game is strong with this one.
KAY'S NOMINATION FOR CHARACTER OF THE MONTH
    MORTIMER AERON WYNTER : I really love all of Sam's peeps, but Mort is somehow worming his way into my heart. I'm sure it started with thinking, "Wow Sam puts a lot of thought into her QotD answers with him." And ended up with me creeping on his threads. I was expecting a lot of snark but found a lot of really well written, emotional posts. Like, I knew Sam was a fabulous writer but holy crow the depth she has with Mort just blew me away. For the embodiment of death, he's very human which makes him both relatable and still rather scary... point is, I adore him and highly suggest you read any thread he's in.
PM
^
★FOREST
 Posted: May 2 2018, 12:06 PM

eventually, there will be a reckoning...or...maybe that reckoning is now. and maybe that reckoning is me..

veronica lodge
  riverdale
  22 years old
  SINGLE
  ASEXUAL
  she/her
  FOREST (she/her)
 490 POSTS

awards

FOREST'S NOMINATION FOR MEMBER OF THE MONTH
    BECCA : Becca is just such a good. I was absolutely delighted to see her return to us after a long absence, and I'm so pleased to see how she's assimilated back into the community here. She's an absolute delight to chat with, and she has some lovely ideas to share with everyone. Beyond that, however, what inspired me to nominate her this month is her organization of the Oceans 11/8/idek lmao au. While nothing has started for that au yet, I love that she opened up this idea to so many members and helped us find our places in it where our characters could thrive and be important.

FOREST'S NOMINATION FOR CHARACTER OF THE MONTH
    OLAF TANNON FRIEDMANN : Pond plays a wide variety of characters that are all just fabulous, but I think my favorite of her kids is Olaf. She's honestly perfectly suited to Olaf's character; her style of writing fits is personality and the way he talks, her style of plotting is great for him, just. All of it. He's charming and wonderful. A++.

I'll be back for more later!

--------------------
PM
^
isabella grace clare
 Posted: May 4 2018, 04:38 PM

A dream is a wish your heart makes.

Cinderella
  Cinderella
  21 years old
  Seeking
  Heterosexual
  she/her
  lowrie (she/her)
 182 POSTS

awards

LOWRIE'S NOMINATION FOR CHARACTER OF THE MONTH
    CYRA FAYE BLAKESLEY: I think it's obvious why I've nominated Cyra here. Max is an amazing writer, and I've always admired her talent for world building. And that's what we get in Cyra. Max has managed to draw others into her world-building, and she is very open to working with others. I have known the temptation to join in, her Planets world has lived on after her and is still strong today and that will no doubt be the same with this one. She has poured in so much love, care and inspiration into this character and I can't wait to see more from her!
LOWRIE'S NOMINATION FOR CHARACTER OF THE MONTH
    KATERINA SANTOS CIPRIANI : Sam is another one that I've admired for her creative world-building, and I love Kat already as a character. So much so, that I've been inspired to make my own witch and join her on this journey. Sam has put so much of herself into this character, as she does with all, but I really do sense the inner dreamer in Sam with Kat, she is just as magical as Sam is with her word-craft! <3
LOWRIE'S NOMINATION FOR THREAD OF THE MONTHLOWRIES NOMINATION FOR THREAD OF THE MONTHLOWRIE'S NOMINATION FOR RELATIONSHIP OF THE MONTH
    melaina morgan black & theodore james preston :

--------------------
user posted image
images all made by sam thanks! <3
PM
^
helen clarice mallory
 Posted: May 4 2018, 05:17 PM

Happiness has brought you here!.

queen clarion
  disney fairies
  43 years old
  pining
  heterosexual
  SHE/HER
  becca (SHE/HER)
 68 POSTS

awards

BECCA'S NOMINATION FOR MEMBER OF THE MONTH
    ACXE : acxe is just so lovely guys. always on hand with kind words, support and encouragement for every single member, she's also a great writer. her characters are also beautifully crafted (i remember when she brought chris back how much thought she put into all the little details like his sled) and really diverse. she also has a really great sense of humour and is just so ridiculously caring. i always smile whenever she pops up in discord <3
BECCA'S NOMINATION FOR CHARACTER OF THE MONTH
    HANA LORELAY HERBERT : hana just 100000% captures the spirit of honey lemon. i hear her voice whenever i read any of her threads and her enthuasiasm and cheer is so contagious that she never fails to make me smile on the other end of the computer. i'm also a sucker for a really good face, and amanda freaking nailed it with hana's face. she's still relatively new but she's already one of my favourite amanda characters, which is a big thing because they're all so great.
BECCA'S NOMINATION FOR RELATIONSHIP OF THE MONTH
    JENNA AURORA CALDWELL & TIKANNI WILLIAM CALDER : these two are so freaking cute. i love the awkwardness between them and leaf and moli really capture the 'there's something about this person but whaaaaaaaaaaaat' recognition in their thread that i really love here on eds between characters from the same world. i always struggle to put that weird flash of recognition into words but it's done so well here; really subtly. anyway they're adorable and i love them.
BECCA'S NOMINATION FOR THREAD OF THE MONTH
    melt your headache : I LOVE THIS THREAD. what a great combination of characters. i was already super intrigued by kay's starter and curious to see who would join and how it would go, but ren's cosmo is so freaking great and honestly "the video or the car?" had me absolutely howling. i am so so excited to see where the thread goes now,
PM
^
huckleberry james hound
 Posted: May 5 2018, 01:46 AM

Those days are over. I'm a hunting dog now. .

copper
  the fox and the hound
  19 years old
  single
  queer
  he/him
  ren (they/them)
 313 POSTS

awards

REN'S NOMINATION FOR MEMBER OF THE MONTH
    I've noticed over the past few months that there are members who are nominated faithfully every OTM, and there are those who haven't had the spotlight on them for a long while, so I just wanted to take the time to nominate three members who I think really deserve another chance to shine!! Tay, Wendy, and Megan are all incredibly gifted writers with a cast of complex and interesting kiddos, and though I've not written with some of them personally, it's still such a pleasure to see them doing their thing on-site. I hope u guys know how loved and valued u are!
PM
^
✧POND
 Posted: May 6 2018, 02:16 PM

This is what I was waiting for!.

goro akechi
  persona 5
  17 years old
  single
  straight
  he/him
  pond (she/her)
 684 POSTS

awards

POND'S NOMINATION FOR THREAD OF THE MONTH
    tin roof rusted : first off, i love how lauren managed to draw out someone saying they were pregnant into like 4 posts. like dang, that takes WORK okay?? anyways back to regularly scheduled program- steph and lauren are doing such a wonderful job with this juno AU and i am loving reading it and seeing just how silly and awkward and wonderful it can be!!
POND'S NOMINATION FOR THREAD OF THE MONTH
    deja vu : more threads more threads and now i'm a sucker for FROZEN because who isn't?? also this is just adorable and awkward and i'm loving how well both tay and sammi write their characters and get them interacting!! it's just like the movie but present day and that's definitely killing me!!

POND'S NOMINATION FOR RELATIONSHIP OF THE MONTH
    skylar cassidy && william calibur : I DONT KNOW WHERE THIS SHIP CAME FROM BUT I ADORE IT!!! pumpkin and jax are both so good with their characters and this is just so good and cute and wonderful?? it's awesome to see them build up the relationship and i just love ittt

--------------------
You're like the thing that makes the universe explode
POND
5/21:
Less than a month til graduation! I'm busy being an adult and working, but things are settling down! If I could stop being distracted by Horizon Zero Dawn and Overwatch I promise I'd be posting on a daily basis!!!

I'm always available to chat, answer questions, etc. on Discord at Lindylemonn#4814!
Into the colors of a world I've never known
PM
^
catrin eira perry
 Posted: May 7 2018, 12:31 AM

I CALL THEM FOUND THINGS.

periwinkle
  secret of the wings
  23 years old
  kilig
  heterosexual
  she, her
  wendy (she, her)
 130 POSTS

awards

WENDY'S NOMINATION FOR MEMBER OF THE MONTH
    STEPHALUMP : to keep it short and sweet, i adore steph, okay? she's sweet, she's funny, she's a total goof, and her characters are all so incredibly diverse and well developed. and that's all before you mention how insanely active she is as a member of this community. tbh, i aspire to be more like steph in a lot of ways. owo

WENDY'S NOMINATION FOR CHARACTER OF THE MONTH
    CORDELIA MELUSINE FISK : okay so it really isn't a secret that i absolutely adore aquata, and becca has done such a beautiful job with her. she is such a unique and wonderful character and i feel like i actually jump to see every time i see that she's posted something new with her. #fangirling it out

WENDY'S NOMINATION FOR CHARACTER OF THE MONTH
    ARIA CRYSTAL ODINE : so aria is still a relatively new character for rily, bur she is just so precious okay? her backstory is beautifully fleshed out, she's adorable, and honestly, i always love seeing characters who are shown as smaller roles in their stories come to life and be given new depths. i am so incredibly excited to see what rily does with aria from here. like, on the edge of my seat levels of excited.

WENDY'S NOMINATION FOR THREAD OF THE MONTH
    abandon all hope, ye who enter here : when i first saw that this thread was going to be for this collection of characters, i was straight up stoked from the start. like, the headless horseman and ichabod crane with a sorcerer's apprentice, aquata, and a weather witch? AND they're teenagers playing with a spirit board? i could just die this thread has so much potential and is already blowing that potential out of the water it's so great. it's well timed, funny. and this cast of characters fits really well together. i'm dying to see how it goes from here.

--------------------
user posted image
PMAIM
^
aria crystal odine
 Posted: May 7 2018, 08:38 PM

So we let her sew the buttons and she ate up our lives. .

Tall Ghost Girl
  Coraline
  19 years old
  Single
  Straight
  She/Her
  Rily (She/Her)
 20 POSTS

awards

RILY'S NOMINATION FOR MEMBER OF THE MONTH
    JANE : She is just such a delight. She is such a sweet person and always has a kind word to say, despite having frustrations in her own life. Not to mention how amazing of a writer she is! Each of her characters are crafted so carefully and perfectly and mixed with her excellent writing makes her posts feel like they jump out of the screen and pull you in.
RILY'S NOMINATION FOR CHARACTER OF THE MONTH
    Katrina Vanessa Hector : I have honestly admired Liz's Katrina for AAAAAAGES. Liz has taken such an awesome and interesting spin on such a classic character. She has so beautifully fleshed out a character that we only see a little bit of and I really love her a whole lot.

RILY'S NOMINATION FOR RELATIONSHIP OF THE MONTH
    THE MERFAMILY : I'm probably a little biased, but I absolutely love the merfamily!! It's blessed with such amazing writers who treat and craft their characters oh so carefully. It's just SO fun to read their threads to see how perfectly they all interact with each other. s

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

topic options
addreply
newthread
newpoll

static affiliates | status: open