ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY -> January OTMs
click to rearrange
a bit quiet? join us on
discord!

endless diamond sky 
spotlights
BECCA

Becca is yet another member that has returned to us, and was sorely missed in her absence. As much a part of the family as though she'd been here from the very beginning. She's always welcoming, always kind and supportive, and most importantly ready to offer all the magical feels-breaking plots you could ever ask for. So don't forget to show her your love next time you see her!

MEMBER OF THE MONTH
PAIR OF THE MONTH

SKYLAR CASSIDY & WILLIAM CALIBUR

THREAD OF THE MONTH

MELT YOUR HEADACHE
NICCOLO THANASIS & COSMO BENNET

KATRINA HECTOR
charas of the month

MORTIMER WYNTER
welcome!
Welcome to ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY! We are an animation personified site set both in the animated world and present day San Francisco. A terrible darkness is spreading through the animated realm, driving everyone from their homes and into unknown territory that we know as reality. Now they find themselves at a crossroads: do they fight for their world or do they turn their back on it and make San Francisco their home? What will you choose?

setting 
san francisco, calif. 2018

___

please register
first middle last
in all lowercase!
AMANDA (admin)
SAM (admin)
FOREST (admin)
POND (mod)
ALLIE (mod)
staff
DISCLAIMER:
EDS is known to cause death by soul-crushing feels. Don't forget your feels bucket.

addreply
newthread
newpoll

January OTMs, Due the 7th!
✧POND
 Posted: Jan 2 2018, 05:17 PM

This is what I was waiting for!.

goro akechi
  persona 5
  17 years old
  single
  straight
  he/him
  pond (she/her)
 685 POSTS

awards

of the month awards

Hello gems and jewels! It's time for our OTM awards! Choose your nominee(s), fill out a code (one per nomination!) and post it below. When nominations close, staff will vote and post the winners around our normal timeframe (10th~12th of the month).

Our goal here is to share that you care about that someone special, whether you love their take on a character or you love stalking their threads. Don't feel any pressure to nominate for all categories if you just have one or two gems in mind that you'd really like to put a spotlight on. You can, however, still nominate for all five spots if you wish!

rules

• Do not nominate yourself! Pretty self-explanatory, but this also includes any threads you are involved in.
• Do not nominate a member of staff for Member OTM. It's our job to keep the site running, so seeing you guys happy is enough of a reward! This includes: Amanda, Sam, Forest, Allie, and Pond.
• Characters must have at least one in character post in a thread to be Character OTM. (That means not just calls/texts/games, please!)
• The Character OTMs are neutral as far as gender go! We will award two characters of any gender the OTM award.
• You may not nominate any Member, Character, Thread, or Relationship that has won the in that category for the last three months. They can, however, be nominated for a different category than their previous win.
NO DOUBLES. Please do not nominate someone for the same category twice! If the member/character/etc. you wanted to nominate was already nominated this time by someone else, please choose another. We'd like to give everyone the opportunity to shine!
• And vary your nominations from month to month! We all have a lot of love to give here at EDS, but keep in mind that we have so many members to give it to. If you find yourself nominating the same members or characters month after month, let someone else love them!

the categories

MEMBER : Endless Diamond Sky owes so much to its fabulous members, as you all make up the great community that we are today! The Member of the Month should be friendly to members old and new. They should be active in posting and plotting, open to ideas and new threading partners. All in all, they should be an absolute gem!
    PREVIOUS WINNERS: Acxe, Sammi, Lily
CHARACTER : We all put our blood, sweat and tears into these characters and they all deserve a round of applause. Characters of the month should be well-rounded and have depth. They can be strictly close to canon or uniquely different, and they could be original characters as well! The important thing here is that they are brilliantly and lovingly developed and written.
    PREVIOUS WINNERS: Vivienne Elswood, Marianne Devoss, Alexandra Baker, Zeta Cavern, Leomaris Seaward, Terence Hallows
THREAD : Threads make the world go round! Some of them make us laugh, some of them make us cry. These feels-inducing exchanges are what we're here for! Nominate a thread between two of your favorite characters, one that you've been stalking for months, or even one that is just fun to read.
    PREVIOUS WINNERS: Sweet sweet fantasy (Terence/Zelda), A single rose in return for shelter (Nicholas/Desiree), The waves call your name (Leomaris/Marissa)
RELATIONSHIP : Ah, ships! This category can span any sort of relationship you can think up: romantic, platonic, familial, and more. This relationship should be well developed and masterfully threaded out, fully exploring what both characters have to offer. This can be a canon ship, a crack ship, and everything in between!
    PREVIOUS WINNERS: Chance Parker & Clementine Gru, Maire Breckenridge & Alexei Cináed, Ingrid Grimoire & Sedrick Shelley

how to nominate

It's easy to nominate for OTMs! Simply fill out the code below and post here in this thread! Nominations will stay open several days, and then staff will deliberate on the winners. Get your nominations in ASAP, as they may be closed at any time on the last day. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, PM Amanda and let her know! Good luck everyone!

OTM nominations will end on JANUARY 7TH.

CODE
YOURNAMEHERE'S NOMINATION FOR CATEGORYHERE OF THE MONTH
[LIST][B]NOMINEE HERE :[/B] say a few nice words about your pick! do they fill the requirements we describe above? do they make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside? do they just give you the feels??? (If nominating a thread, please include a link!)
[/LIST]

--------------------
You're like the thing that makes the universe explode
POND
5/21:
Less than a month til graduation! I'm busy being an adult and working, but things are settling down! If I could stop being distracted by Horizon Zero Dawn and Overwatch I promise I'd be posting on a daily basis!!!

I'm always available to chat, answer questions, etc. on Discord at Lindylemonn#4814!
Into the colors of a world I've never known
PM
^
valencia maeve thorne
 Posted: Jan 2 2018, 05:58 PM

Listen well, all of you..

maleficent
  sleeping beauty
  38 years old
  not looking
  impress me

loor ()
 120 POSTS

awards

LOOR'S NOMINATION FOR MEMBER OF THE MONTH
    LOWRIE : you guys, lowrie was our magical mrs. clause this year! she not only baked little gifts for us, she dealt with the horror that is international shipping to send them in time for the holidays! lowrie makes me feel sunny on a day heavy with clouds, she inspires me with her creativity and care, and i adore her delicious tokens of love. <3 many many kudos to her and her nana's (gluten-free!!) baking. :*

LOOR'S NOMINATION FOR CHARACTER OF THE MONTH
    LILITH BLAIR HATCHER : pumpkin came in like a wreckling ball and smashed into EDS with a badass take on an extremely creepy villainess. i absolutely adore her fresh take on the beldam, and enjoy reading lilith's complicated emotions come through via pumpkin's posts. now i'm just anxiously waiting to see how her interactions with coraline and the cat transpire!

LOOR'S NOMINATION FOR THREAD OF THE MONTH
    the talk™ : i find that most AU/event threads can be superficial, but pondy & rily have eschewed that tendency and have taken the harvest fest event as an opportunity to push their most adorable babs to a new level. i love the uniqueness of pond's opener, plus the AWKWARD but totally charged vibe between molly & jace. they're kids but they have adult feelings??? how does one handle??? rily & pond have perfected this dynamic and omg i really hope one of them has the courage to finally launch into.... the talk™.

--------------------
user posted image
© SAM 💚
PM
^
tilly catherine jefferson
 Posted: Jan 4 2018, 02:08 AM

"We're all mad here!".

Cheshire Cat
  Alice in Wonderland
  18 years old
  single
  Bisexual

Jazzy ()
 55 POSTS

awards

JAZZY'S NOMINATION FOR Character OF THE MONTH
    nicholas philip adams : Lily and I are plotting Tilly and Nicholas as both somewhat buisness associates and a father/daughter type relationship down the line cause the beast knows what happened last time he didn't care for a street begger. She's even given him the loving nickname of "Prince fuzzy face" (If nominating a thread, please include a link!)
PM
^
★SAM
 Posted: Jan 4 2018, 08:52 AM

I'm fluent in Google Translate..

dr. stephen strange
  doctor strange
  24 years old
  awkward nerd
  PANSEXUAL
  HE/HIM
  SAM (SHE/HER)
 383 POSTS

awards

SAM'S NOMINATION FOR THREAD OF THE MONTH
    SAY IT LIKE THAT [m] : I can't. This thread has been shooting forward since New Years, and honestly I haven't been able to stop reading it since. Both characters are so lovingly written by their creators that it never fails to amaze me just how well Cal and Audra mesh together. I love it.

SAM'S NOMINATION FOR CHARACTER OF THE MONTH
    THEODORE JAMES PRESTON: real world originals are so rare, but Lauren has knocked it out of the park with Theo. It's a naturally hard member group to be a part of, but Lauren does it flawlessly and I'm so interested to see where Theo goes from here.

EVANGELINE EIRLYS EIDOLON: Angie must be protected at all costs. AT. ALL. COSTS. I loved her the first time around and I love her now, and I'm just so glad that Steph brought her back because her world is creative and she's a literal precious snowflake. Her threads are some of my favorites, and I'm glad I finally got a chance to thread with her myself.

HEULWEN BLODYN TYL: You could say I'm a 100% biased on this one and I honestly don't care. I love Heulwen, I love reading her replies not just to my threads but to every thread she's in. She's so well rounded and thought out and it's so interesting seeing how being raised by fairies has effected her and her thought process. Getting used to being around people isn't easy but she pushes forward anyway and it's amazing to watch. I love her, thomas loves her, and I love liz.

SAM'S NOMINATION FOR MEMBER OF THE MONTH
    KAY: I LOVE. a new member, but already they feel like they've been a part of the site for forever. I'm so glad to have them with us, and especially glad to see someone take the magic mirror, which you don't see too often. They're lovely to talk to in the discord and just an all around pleasure to be around. I can't wait to see what amazing threads and plots they come up with in the future, and what other characters they might one day grace us with ;u;

--------------------

KRYPTONITE

Clark kent believes in you, and I do to.

PM
^
huckleberry james hound
 Posted: Jan 5 2018, 12:12 AM

Those days are over. I'm a hunting dog now. .

copper
  the fox and the hound
  19 years old
  single
  queer
  he/him
  ren (they/them)
 313 POSTS

awards

REN'S NOMINATION FOR MEMBER OF THE MONTH
    LAUREN: i love witnessing new members transform into pillars of the community, and feel it's safe to say that imagining eds without lauren would be a nearly impossible feat. while i've not spoken with her personally, i have seen her interact with other members - whether that be through threads, plots, or just chit-chatting on discord - and each and every time she's radiated a sunshine-y warmth that's difficult not to catch!

i haven't been quite so lucky as to thread with her, but it's more than enough to simply be able to peruse her posts and catch up on all of her characters' latest shenanigans and misadventures, which i think says a lot about her talent as a writer ♡ lauren, you seem like a kind-hearted person and a fantastic creator, and i hope you keep on being u!!
PM
^
isabella grace clare
 Posted: Jan 6 2018, 06:07 PM

A dream is a wish your heart makes.

Cinderella
  Cinderella
  21 years old
  Seeking
  Heterosexual
  she/her
  lowrie (she/her)
 182 POSTS

awards

LOWRIE'S NOMINATION FOR MEMBER OF THE MONTH
    LIZ : is a jewel, she is caring, funny, and always brings a smile to my face. Her characters are so well thought out, she puts every care into them and you can feel that through the way she writes. She is thoughtful, and she pays attention and makes sure you aren't pushing yourself too hard all the while being encouraging.

LOWRIE'S NOMINATION FOR CHARACTER OF THE MONTH
    GRETA ELOWEN WYNTREAUX: Forest had done an amazing job here. Greta is a character that is well thought out, she is full of feeling, and is wonderful to read. She feels real, you just want to hug her, cry with her, bake with her. It is such an interesting twist she has put on the fairytale, if anything Forest has expanded on it, and made it better. I really enjoy writing with this character, and I can't wait to laugh, cry and feel with her as she develops.

--------------------
user posted image
images all made by sam thanks! <3
PM
^
sterling douglas spiegel
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 05:24 PM

What wouldst thou know, my Queen?.

Magic Mirror
  Snow White
  35 years old
  Single
  Questioning
  he/him/his/grump
  Kay (Any)
 87 POSTS

awards

KAY'S NOMINATION FOR MEMBER OF THE MONTH
    Janey : Despite not feeling the best recently, Janey's been sweet, helpful, and welcoming in the discord chat. It might not seem like much, but even just a small chat with a new member can make a difference when folks want to join a site.
    Steph: We haven't rped yet, but oh boy, has Steph been a blast to plot with, as well as chat with. Also very helpful when myself or others have asked for help as well as positive whenever she's in the chat.

KAY'S NOMINATION FOR RELATIONSHIP OF THE MONTH
    clementine agnes gru & barnaby owen brown: If you ship it or you don't there's no denying the humor of their relationship. Clementine's so sweet she'll give you a toothache and Barnaby far to sour to handle her, and yet Clementine doesn't care. I love the one-sided friendship and how she seems to foil his villainy without meaning to. Will they become pals? Doesn't matter, I'll be giggling when they interact anyways!
PM
^
theodore james preston
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 06:15 PM

sneaking in food to a movie theater is a federal offense..

Real World OC
  real life
  25 years old
  single
  heterosexual
  he/him
  Lauren (she/her)
 111 POSTS

awards

LAUREN'S NOMINATION FOR THREAD OF THE MONTH
    CONCEAL, DON'T FEEL: this is a thread that i've been stalking pretty much since it started. it's just so emotional, having anna and elsa find each other again aND ELSA EVEN THOUGHT THAT ANNA WAS DEAD AHHHHHHH ok i just love this. 10/10 would recommend reading it.

LAUREN'S NOMINATION FOR SHIP OF THE MONTH
    CHANCE AND HUCK: i'm somewhat biased but these two are freaking hilarious?? their comm thread together was AMAZING and i can't wait to see these two in thread!!!! ren and steph do great jobs playing their respective characters in this ship between two pups
PM
^
✧ALLIE
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 06:16 PM

she moved like a storm someone had given steel to.

the blue-eyed bandit
  rebel of the sands
  26 years old
  pringle
  jinsexual
  she/her
  allie (she/her)
 178 POSTS

awards

ALLIE'S NOMINATIONS:

CHARACTER OF THE MONTH
    STERLING DOUGLAS SPIEGEL : I'm?? So surprised no one's snatched this nom up?? It's not often we get new members who slide in here with a villain much less a smooth as glass one like Sterling. I don't think I've ever seen the Magic Mirror in play and I've been so jazzed about him since Kay showed up on the scene. And that they've already thrown him into some pretty hilarious situations already (or has them in the works) is pretty impressive to me and I look forward to seeing what they do with him!

RELATIONSHIP OF THE MONTH
    NICHOLAS ADAMS AND DESIREE LABELLE : stop everything and go read their threads together. like. yesterday. If they're not a ship (guys? if you see this, blink once for 'yes' and twice for 'no') but the Beast and the Enchanted Rose is such a delightfully surprising pairing that I can't resist shipping them. The gruff and caustic Nick with sweet and damaged Desiree is like a shot to the heart and you're to blame agh.

THREAD OF THE MONTH
    and i remember love : definitely biased here and not even ashamed. Triton reuniting with one of his daughters just has #feels written all over it kjhffkjfd I love reading Lowrie's and Lauren's threads respectively but together they are dynamo and not just because I have a vested interest heh

--------------------

"but the world was a lot bigger than my mother told me.
and it occurred to me once or twice that i could go anywhere in it."

DISCORD: WAYWARDPUN#6987
  STATUS:   GONE FOR VACATION FROM MAY 19TH TO MAY 29TH. CHECK OUT MY ABSENCE FOR DETAILS, FAM.
PM
^
✧POND
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 08:05 PM

This is what I was waiting for!.

goro akechi
  persona 5
  17 years old
  single
  straight
  he/him
  pond (she/her)
 685 POSTS

awards

POND'S NOMINATION FOR THREAD OF THE MONTH
    can't thwomp this : this ship is new and i'm so in love with them?? who doesn't love a thread about LITERALLY playing mario kart? it's so fun and silly and just unexpected in such a serious world. so cute and it's just hilarious. i love the smack talk that happens when playing games and seeing it in a thread is just as great!

--------------------
You're like the thing that makes the universe explode
POND
5/21:
Less than a month til graduation! I'm busy being an adult and working, but things are settling down! If I could stop being distracted by Horizon Zero Dawn and Overwatch I promise I'd be posting on a daily basis!!!

I'm always available to chat, answer questions, etc. on Discord at Lindylemonn#4814!
Into the colors of a world I've never known
PM
^
★AMANDA
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 08:32 PM

We must do better..

Betty Cooper
  Riverdale
  24 years old
  WITH EDS
  IN LOVE
  SHE/HER
  AMANDA (SHE/HER)
 625 POSTS

awards

AMANDA'S NOMINATION FOR RELATIONSHIP OF THE MONTH
    CHIHIRO OGINO & YUU SUSUWATARI : The cutest room mates to ever room together tbh. Chihiro and Yuu are both so precious in their own ways, both carefully crafted labors of love. Naturally, it's amazing have these two connect in such heartwarming friendship. :')

AMANDA'S NOMINATION FOR THREAD OF THE MONTH
    B.A.D. INFLUENCE : Another two fantastic and highly individual characters on site, in an amazing pairing for this thread in which Dallas and Chance go out for some good old-fashioned street art bonding time. xD I also just love seeing two characters that one of my characters knows get to know each other and making all these relationships more interesting and realistic!

/posting this and then coming back if i have time
PM
^
lydia bernou eferhild
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 09:12 PM

Après la pluie, le beau temps..

Bearskin
  fairytale
  22 years old
  single
  heterosexual
  She/Her
  Rily (She/Her)
 45 POSTS

awards

RILY'S NOMINATION FOR MEMBER OF THE MONTH
    MAX : I just adore Max! She's such a talented writer and her characters are wonderfully well developed. On top of that, she's such a sweetheart! <3
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

topic options
addreply
newthread
newpoll

static affiliates | status: open