ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY -> August OTM Nominations
click to rearrange
a bit quiet? join us on
discord!

- endless diamond sky -
spotlights
ACXE

Acxe is a true gem. Always present, always eager to offer up support and a kind word. They've given life to an interesting cast of characters from Kristoff to Cerberus, all of which are a welcome edition to EDS and played phenomenally. If you haven't, now is definately a good time to show your appreciation, and thank Acxe for everything they do!

PAIR

Sterling & Helen

another sunrise
helen

gen aura
CHARA

leia joyce
CHARA
wildcard
CATEGORY: OOC QUOTE
WINNER: POND
"i have heart boners for all of you"
WELCOME
Welcome to ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY! We are an animation personified site set both in the animated world and present day San Francisco. Open since OCTOBER 2015, we are a friendly, thriving community who welcomes players from all levels and backgrounds. When registering your account, please register with first middle last in all lowercase!

A terrible darkness is spreading through the animated realm, driving everyone from their homes and into unknown territory that we know as reality. Now they find themselves at a crossroads: do they fight for their world or do they turn their back on it and make San Francisco their home? What will you choose?

AMANDA (admin)
SAM (admin)
FOREST (admin)
POND (mod)
ALLIE (mod)
staff
  SAN FRANCISCO, CALIF.
   PRESENT DAY, 2018
  DANGER LEVEL : LOW
  FEELS WILL BE COMPROMISED

addreply
newthread
newpoll

August OTM Nominations, DUE THE 7TH
✧POND
 Posted: Aug 2 2018, 09:26 PM

This is what I was waiting for!

goro akechi
  persona 5
  17 years old
  single
  straight
  he/him
  pond (she/her)
 705 POSTS

awards

of the month awards

Hello gems and jewels! It's time for our OTM awards! Choose your nominee(s), fill out a code (one per nomination!) and post it below. When nominations close, we will vote and post the winners around our normal timeframe (10th~12th of the month).

There's a new change this time around! We've decided to switch things up again, and we want members to be part of the voting experience. For one character otm, post otm, and the wild card, members will be tasked with voting on their favorites for the month!

Our goal here is to share that you care about that someone special, whether you love their take on a character or you love stalking their threads. Don't feel any pressure to nominate for all categories if you just have one or two gems in mind that you'd really like to put a spotlight on. You can, however, still nominate for all spots if you wish! If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please PM POND or AMANDA.

rules

• Do not nominate yourself!.
• Do not nominate a member of staff for Member OTM. It's our job to keep the site running, so seeing you guys happy is enough of a reward! This includes: Amanda, Sam, Forest, Allie, and Pond.
• Characters must have at least one in character post in a real world or animated world thread to be Character OTM.
• The Character OTMs are neutral as far as gender go! We will award two characters of any gender the OTM award.
• You may not nominate any Member, Character, Post, Relationship or Wild Card that has won the in that category for the last three months. They can, however, be nominated for a different category than their previous win.
• You can nominate a post of a thread you are in (that your partner has written) for post of the month! This is designed for those posts that truly blow you away.
If someone has nominated your choice already, please choose another or refrain from nominate anyone for that category! We'd like to give everyone the opportunity to shine!
• Please try to vary your nominations! We all have a lot of love to give here at EDS, but keep in mind that we have so many members to give it to. If you find yourself nominating the same members or characters month after month, let someone else love them!

the categories

MEMBER : Endless Diamond Sky owes so much to its fabulous members, as you all make up the great community that we are today! The Member of the Month should be friendly to members old and new. They should be active in posting and plotting, open to ideas and new threading partners. All in all, they should be an absolute gem!
    PREVIOUS WINNERS: Becca, Lauren, Wendy
CHARACTER : We all put our blood, sweat and tears into these characters and they all deserve a round of applause. Characters of the month should be well-rounded and have depth. They can be strictly close to canon or uniquely different, and they could be original characters as well! The important thing here is that they are brilliantly and lovingly developed and written.
    PREVIOUS WINNERS: Mortimer Wynter, Katrina Hector, Elijah Hayes, Colleen Jameson, Niamh Ross, Martine Anker
POST : Sometimes you read a post that really truly blows you away. From the details to the dialogue, there's just something about this post that stands out. Maybe it's a hilarious starter, or maybe it's a post so full of feeling you want everyone to check it out (and maybe even stay for the whole thread!).
    PREVIOUS WINNERS:
RELATIONSHIP : Ah, ships! This category can span any sort of relationship you can think up: romantic, platonic, familial, and more. This relationship should be well developed and masterfully threaded out, fully exploring what both characters have to offer. This can be a canon ship, a crack ship, and everything in between!
    PREVIOUS WINNERS: Skylar Cassidy & Willaim Calibur, Sedrick Shelly & Ingrid Grimoire, Zelda Noakes & Terence Hallows
WILD CARD : Each and every month this category will change up and inspire you to think about characters on site in a different light. Have fun with it and nominate to your heart's content!
    THIS MONTH'S CATEGORY: Fave OOC Quote
    PREVIOUS WINNERS:

how to nominate

OTM nominations will end on AUGUST 7TH.

CODE
YOURNAMEHERE'S NOMINATION FOR CATEGORYHERE OF THE MONTH
[LIST][B]NOMINEE HERE :[/B] say a few nice words about your pick! do they fill the requirements we describe above? do they make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside? do they just give you the feels??? (If nominating a thread, please include a link!)
[/LIST]

--------------------
You're like the thing that makes the universe explode
POND
8/13:
We're fully moved into the new place, which means I have time to do things again! I'm working on all my posts, playing games, and just having fun again. Also, talk to me about Panic! At the Disco please <3

I'm always available to chat, answer questions, etc. on Discord at Lindylemonn#4814!
Into the colors of a world I've never known
PM
^
theodore james preston
 Posted: Aug 3 2018, 12:53 AM

sneaking in food to a movie theater is a federal offense.

Real World OC
  real life
  25 years old
  single
  heterosexual
  he/him
  Lauren (she/her)
 134 POSTS

awards

LAUREN'S NOMINATION FOR WILD CARD OF THE MONTH
    "DADDY STERLING" : do i need to explain this?? like this is one of the funniest things to happen ever. i can't remember who said it? i think it was liz though B)

bbl for the rest
PM
^
takashi hiraku tachibana
 Posted: Aug 3 2018, 08:36 AM

Hey, I'm not giving up on you.

Tadashi Hamada
  Big Hero 6
  23 years old
  Single
  Heterosexual
  he/him/his
  Kay (Any)
 36 POSTS

awards

KAY'S NOMINATION FOR Wildcard OF THE MONTH
    Its the curse of the portal, it turns everyone hot : Truer words have probably been spoken, but c'mon this quote from Acxe (in the nsfw channel on Discord) is just fantastic!
KAYS NOMINATION FOR POST OF THE MONTH
    THIS HELEN POST : Am I biased? Hell yes. Do you need to be to love this post? You tell me. Its no surprise that I adore Becca's writing, and probably no surprise that I am in love with her writing. This post is a great example of her work though! Sticking as close to her character's canon, expressing complex emotions, and one of my favorite Becca things is how she pulls information from past threads. It just adds to making Helen feel like a real person to me. And, okay, I more biased reason to love this post but I honestly adore how Helen, who has received nothing but cold disdain from Sterling until now, can so quickly feel empathy and be an utter doll.

KAYS NOMINATION FOR MEMBER OF THE MONTH
    RILY : Rily, my sweet ghost love'n friend, is just such a doll to have on EDS. She's always welcoming, sweet even when she's not feeling good, and has fabulous ideas for plots which honestly is great in itself but she also has a great way of storytelling and really I just love her bunches. Plus, did y'all know she has a gift thread? And it's not just things people made for her (cause that's what I thought it was) she goes out of her way to make gif for people and just surprises them ;-; How fluffing sweet of her is that?!

KAYS NOMINATION FOR MEMBER OF THE MONTH
    ACXE : Y'all know Acxe is my bud, not going to hide my love for her any time soon. But I wanna nominate her this month cause honestly, I feel like I've seen her grow on this site. Maybe its just because I'm still new, and maybe this time of year she's just more active, but it just feels like she's been jumping on board with more plots, been cheery in the chat, and even more supportive of the rest of us if that was even possible?! Was it?! Idk y'all she's the sort of person to always have your back in the first place.

KAYS NOMINATION FOR CHARACTER OF THE MONTH
    TIKANNI WILLIAM CALDER : These. Pups. Are. CUTE! I love how he talks about the wolfdogs like honestly, the guy is dog smart and that is a trait I am instantly in love with. Pooch fever aside, Tikanni is one of those characters that when I read a post from I can hear their voice clearly in my head. That, my friends, is great writing... and that face claim is pretty spot on for Balto, or maybe I'm biased because I love all the Balto movies and can see the wolfdog smiling like Tyler does... idk y'all, but this character is fantastic okay? Okay!
PM
^
arianna elisabeth coren
 Posted: Aug 3 2018, 03:56 PM

Plus est en vous.

queen of corona
  tangled
  41 years old
  married
  heterosexual
  SHE/HER
  becca (SHE/HER)
 38 POSTS

awards

BECCA'S NOMINATION FOR MEMBER OF THE MONTH
    RAY : honestly it feels like ray has just been here forever? she's so kind and warm and supportive, and an absolute blast to plot with. she’s full of enthusiasm for threads and plots, and her characters are all so amazing and so distinct to boot. puca is insanely adorable, odd is already an utter delight, and persie is so deliciously witty; i can’t imagine eds without any of them, and without her. she’s a true gem.
BECCA'S NOMINATION FOR CHARACTER OF THE MONTH
    LEIA IVY JOYCE : listen, i really love leia ok?? if that wasn’t obvious enough from the fact that all my characters think the world of her and monopolise her in threads. she’s just so good: so supportive and warm and encouraging, and those qualities radiate through the screen through lowrie’s brilliant writing. i also love how much she cares and tries to do her best to support the resistance efforts even though she has a pretty sweet gig over in the real world with her club. she’s also really funny, which is only natural for the muse of comedy, and lowrie does an amazing job of portraying her sense of humour but grounding it in all of her other attributes too. you should all plot with leia because she's an absolute doll <3
BECCA’S NOMINATION FOR POST OF THE MONTH
    AURELIE SYLVIE FREY: this blinder of a first post. i had to check it was lime’s first aurelie post actually, because already i’m starting to get such a sense of her character from just a couple of paragraphs through her lovely writing. and it’s such a great opener too?? it sets the scene perfectly in a really fluid, easy way. first posts on a new site are something i always struggle with but lime makes it look so easy. i can’t wait to see what she writes next, in this thread and elsewhere!
PM
^
chris kristoff jokull
 Posted: Aug 4 2018, 04:09 PM

Kristoff
  Frozen
  26 years old
  single
  heterosexual
  he/him/his
  Acxe (she/her)
 194 POSTS

awards

ACXE'S NOMINATION FOR POST OF THE MONTH
    Alexandra Ellia Baker : Omg, Alex's reply to Dae being a teacher was wonderful. I can't stop reading it, and well Dae even was liking it too. It played to his ego so... xD anyway that is who I want as post of the month. It's awesome, keep up the good work Lauren.
ACXE'S NOMINATION FOR RELATIONSHIP OF THE MONTH
    Sterling Spiegal and Helen Mallory : I must have a death wish when it comes to actually nominate this. According to Clarence its fine, but I still don't know. o.o Either way, I adore this couple. They have this cute little dynamic going on between the two of them. And that was before they got trapped in their offices. Go take a look at the thread, if you haven't already. Hopefully, Clarence and I don't mess with it. Who knows, maybe I have a thing for strange love triangles. Either way great couple.
ACXE'S NOMINATION FOR WILD CARD OF THE MONTH
    Mrs. Martine Fieri : Made by our own Lauren, who thought of it in the mermaid family discord page, it has come to be a very good memory. Thanks for the memes Lauren. Love them dearly.
ACXE'S NOMINATION FOR MEMBER OF THE MONTH
    Max : I adore Max, very much. I love the dark humor I get from them. I sometimes don't get the joke or it seems to dark for me, but I still know that it is Max's charm. I adore that about them, and whenever they turn up in the discord server I always have a smile on my face. So thanks Max. I hope your dad feels better soon!!

ACXE'S NOMINATION FOR CHARACTER OF THE MONTH
    WILLIAM PIERCE CALIBUR : Okay so this boy has been sneaking under my radar lately. We need to fix that. Jax's interpretation of King Aruther is awesome!! I mean I loved him in the movie but I love that he is here, and that his mannerisms and speech remind me of him in Quest for Camelot. I just love him. <3 Keep up the good work Jax.
Hopefully will be back with more.
PM
^
★AMANDA
 Posted: Aug 7 2018, 12:00 AM

We must do better.

Betty Cooper
  Riverdale
  24 years old
  WITH EDS
  IN LOVE
  SHE/HER
  AMANDA (SHE/HER)
 665 POSTS

awards

AMANDA'S NOMINATION FOR CHARACTER OF THE MONTH
    GENÉVRIER ALTHEA AURA : hi hello have u seen Gen bc she's a gem. it always warms my heart to see Pure Beans Who Deserve Better played so beautifully and Gen has so much depth as well. I have loved hearing Sam's tidbits shared through QOTD and otherwise, and I can't wait to see what's coming around the corner for the Punz family!
AMANDA'S NOMINATION FOR CHARACTER OF THE MONTH
    ARIA CRYSTAL ODINE : sometimes some of the most fun characters to play with are the ~obscure ones, and Rily certainly has a talent for giving such love to these small parts. Aria is no exception, and we can already see that there has been such love already devoted to her. I know she'd had ideas for this little ghost girl for a while, so it's exciting to finally see her in action!
AMANDA'S NOMINATION FOR RELATIONSHIP OF THE MONTH
    DILLION BISHOP & ANDREA KERSEY : ok sorry in advance bc i'm super into this ship. Acxe came into the TLM canon with her merman with a splash, and it feels like he's already part of the fam. The idea of Dillion with a sister is one that I love, and Andi is a great match for him imo, Pond gives her such life. I have been rooting for them for a while so I love to see whenever either of them posts for these two!
I WILL BE BACK WITH A VENGEANCE with at least two more character OTMs
PM
^
✧POND
 Posted: Aug 7 2018, 12:20 AM

This is what I was waiting for!

goro akechi
  persona 5
  17 years old
  single
  straight
  he/him
  pond (she/her)
 705 POSTS

awards

POND'S NOMINATION FOR MEMBER OF THE MONTH
    CRONA: crona is a lovely jewel on site and i love her very much <3
POND'S NOMINATION FOR CHARACTER OF THE MONTH
    KAITO SHIN HIMURA : i'm biased but he's so creative and well written?? i love what amanda has done with him!!
POND'S NOMINATION FOR CHARACTER OF THE MONTH
    BLAKE DONOVAN GRIMSLEY : the wolfman is not a normal character to see played, and i love rily's take on him so much!
POND'S NOMINATION FOR POST OF THE MONTH

--------------------
You're like the thing that makes the universe explode
POND
8/13:
We're fully moved into the new place, which means I have time to do things again! I'm working on all my posts, playing games, and just having fun again. Also, talk to me about Panic! At the Disco please <3

I'm always available to chat, answer questions, etc. on Discord at Lindylemonn#4814!
Into the colors of a world I've never known
PM
^
✧ALLIE
 Posted: Aug 7 2018, 02:17 PM

an eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind

markus
  detroit: become human
  some years old
  taken
  asexual
  he/him
  allie (she/her)
 191 POSTS

awards

ALLIE'S NOMINATIONS

FOR CHARACTER OF THE MONTH
    HISOKA RIN OKURA: I think it takes a really strong writer to choose a character who doesn't speak and who we get next to no information on in their film and make them three dimensional as Jane's done with Soka. She put so much thought and effort into molding him into a character who could function in the real world as something more than what his role in his own story was. I adore him and think he's fabulous and I love seeing how he's developing into a human being.

FOR CHARACTER OF THE MONTH
    TIBERIUS ISAAC BARTHOLOMEW: Frick, y'all. I know he's still fairly new but I love this grumpy cat. Like Jane, Steph's taken a character who has very, very little to go off of by way of characterization and brought them to life with Tib. He's got such a distinct personality and Steph's done so much in fleshing that out already and I'm super excited to see what happens with him in the future.

FOR POST OF THE MONTH
    WITH SOMEBODY WHO LOVES ME - KENNA ELERI SESHAT: The premise of this thread is somewhat humorous what with body switching and whatnot and while I'm biased and super pumped for it, this post right here heckin' hurts, my dudes. Who hasn't felt alone? Who hasn't feared they might never find their soulmate or end up all alone forever? Just. Ugh. Wendy hits all of these feelings in this post and I love it T^T

FOR WILDCARD OF THE MONTH
    "he's like awh yeah girl finger my buns": the OG pin. the pin that began all pins. i'm nominating this one for OOC quote and i'm not sorry about it.

--------------------

"but the world was a lot bigger than my mother told me.
and it occurred to me once or twice that i could go anywhere in it."

DISCORD: WAYWARDPUN#6987
PM
^
flynn padraic finnegan
 Posted: Aug 7 2018, 02:39 PM

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way!

The Draiocht
  Umiria
  28 years old
  Single
  Heterosexual
  He/Him
  Rily (She/Her)
 16 POSTS

awards

RILY'S NOMINATION FOR MEMBER OF THE MONTH
    KAY : I just ADORE Kay. She writes her characters, so, so well. They're so close to canon, but they each have their special bit of her in them. She is eager to plot and talk to anyone and everyone. Also, in the discord, she's very often the first to respond when someone posts in the "venting" or "support me" channels. She's the sweetest!
RILY'S NOMINATION FOR CHARACTER OF THE MONTH
    Calix Brenhin : Cal is SUCH a fun character. Allie has a wonderful way of writing that really makes the characters jump out of the page, but I think it's especially noticeable in Cal. Not only that, but she has so much information and detail on the world he comes from, too!
RILY'S NOMINATION FOR CHARACTER OF THE MONTH
    THOMAS BALE : Thomas is one of those characters who we just get a glimpse of in the movie. Sam has fleshed him out, though, into such a loveable character! She kept the gentleness and insecurity that Thomas shows in the film and allowed the character to grow. He still has those traits, but he has become much stronger mentally. Sam has just done such an amazing job with him and I love him so much.
RILY'S NOMINATION FOR WILD CARD OF THE MONTH
    i have heart boners for all of you : Pond said this when I mentioned NSP'S new song "Heart Boner." It's hilarious both in and out of context!
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

topic options
addreply
newthread
newpoll

static affiliates | status: open