ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY -> all smiles
click to rearrange
a bit quiet? join us on
discord!

endless diamond sky 
spotlights
WENDY

A lover of AUs and a master of causing the feels, Wendy is always at the ready to offer love and support to her fellow members. Her posts are lovingly constructed, detailed, and every character speaks in their own voice; from the lovable Cadi to the villainous Cala. EDS wouldn't be the same without her, so go show her some love!

MEMBER OF THE MONTH
PAIR OF THE MONTH

ZELDA NOAKES & TERENCE HALLOWS

THREAD OF THE MONTH

LITTLE SHOP 'O HADES
NICCOLÒ THANASIS & PERSIE ANTHOS

NIAMH ROSS
charas of the month

MARTINE ANKER
welcome!
Welcome to ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY! We are an animation personified site set both in the animated world and present day San Francisco. A terrible darkness is spreading through the animated realm, driving everyone from their homes and into unknown territory that we know as reality. Now they find themselves at a crossroads: do they fight for their world or do they turn their back on it and make San Francisco their home? What will you choose?

setting 
san francisco, calif. 2018

___

please register
first middle last
in all lowercase!
AMANDA (admin)
SAM (admin)
FOREST (admin)
POND (mod)
ALLIE (mod)
staff
DISCLAIMER:
EDS is known to cause death by soul-crushing feels. Don't forget your feels bucket.

addreply
newthread
newpoll

all smiles, stace/norman
aria crystal odine
 Posted: Apr 2 2018, 10:24 PM

So we let her sew the buttons and she ate up our lives. .

Tall Ghost Girl
  Coraline
  19 years old
  Single
  Straight
  She/Her
  Rily (She/Her)
 41 POSTS

awards

A shock of excitement shot through Aria’s body as she pulled her red wagon of wears into the festival area. She didn’t go to these events too often because she always wanted to make sure that she had plenty of things to sell. It took a while to build up enough of her special, homemade items to really make one of these trips worthwhile.

It was early, before too many people had arrived at the festival, so there was plenty of time for her to get to her booth and set things up. She had such a good spot! It was right next to one of the food trucks. Such a prime spot because people would linger and have more time to look at her wares.

The weather was finally warming up today was no exception. The sun was high in the sky, but not so warm just yet that it would be uncomfortable. Just in case, though, Aria set up a large umbrella over her booth for shade.

Bit by bit, she began spreading out all of the things she’d made. Two quilts were draped across the back of her booth so that people could see them. Aria brought along some display cases for some of her smaller items, like her crystals or jewelry she’d made. Elsewhere in her booth, she put some of her larger creations, like the little bags of potpourri, candles, soaps, baskets, or cards.

The crowd was really starting to pick up just as Aria finished setting up all of her items. It was so delightful to see all of the people! Some even brought their pets, which made things even better. She dropped down into the foldout chair she’d brought and pulled out her knitting. It was never too early to get started on more projects, after all!

Some people paused to look, but most of them moved on. When she sensed a large shadow at her booth, though, she looked up from her knitting. “Oh, hello!” she said to the man who just walked up. Aria slid her sunglasses up on her head and set her knitting aside. “Please, let me know if you have any questions. Did you just arrive at the festival? Isn’t it exciting?

norman bram babcock

all smiles
PM
^
norman bram babcock
 Posted: Apr 15 2018, 08:42 PM

THERE'S ALWAYS SOMEONE OUT THERE FOR YOU, SOMEWHERE..

NORMAN
  PARANORMAN
  24 years old
  SINGLE
  HETEROSEXUAL
  HE/HIM
  STACE (SHE/HER)
 99 POSTS

awards

we are the kings & queens of promise
The winter was rapidly coming to a close in San Fransisco, not that it really meant much for the weather. The rain that had flooded and the unusual snowstorm the city experienced over the winter was finally giving way to a sunshine that slowly but surely warmed up the city to it's normal temperatures. And with the changing of the seasons and the warming of the weather came an excellent opportunity for the citizens of San Fransisco to get outside and do something. To answer this itch for adventure, the city had planned a variety of festivals, craft shows, and musical events over the next few weeks. This was the first of many-- a local vendor and craft show that swarmed hundreds to Golden Gate State Park for food, wares, and entertainment.

Norman was one of the many who had decided to visit the craft show this afternoon. Not explicitly by choice, he'd decided, as he'd more or less wandered into the festival without really knowing what was going on. Rather, despite his natural affinity for fall and winter, Norm was itching just like everyone else to get out into the fresh, warm spring air. It was actually somewhat uncommon for him to be roaming the city streets before eleven p.m., when he did most of his ghost hunting; but every now and then, when the coffee was strong and his eyes were bright, Norman made it out into the daytime air.

So with little determination as to where he was truly headed on this day, Norman decided that he'd swing by the festival and check out the crafts. He certainly wasn't the festival's usual patron, but, there was a first time for everything. His eyes glanced over several tables as he walked, casually strolling through the crowd of other buyers chatting with the stall owners. There were food trucks whose scent wafted across his senses, reminding him that he hadn't eaten since early that morning. However, he kept walking, ignoring the calls for tacos, sandwiches, and pastries from the truck's owners. It wasn't until he'd stopped by a nearby food truck that he caught sight of a small booth, set-up neatly with curiosities of all sorts. Interest piqued, Norman wandered over to the stand, looking at the variety of goods the seller had presented at her table. And when he saw her sitting there, knitting away in sunglasses, he couldn't help but smile a bit. She looked... nice. Fitting for her table. From his limited knowledge of... girl clothes and fashion and whatever else came with being crafty, the only thing he could ascertain was that she looked like someone who could fabricate all of these crafts. And Norman liked that.

Once he'd been done scanning over her entire table and make an overall judgment of the girl's character unnecessarily, Norm decided to actually browse her wares, starting first with the candles that lined the side of her table. He was just about to pick up a cinnamon spice scented (denoted by the tag attached to the candle body) when she must've sensed his presence. Lifting his bright green eyes to hers, Norman grinned bashfully. "Hey," he offered in response, holding her candle up as a 'kudos'. "Yeah, I guess you could say that... I kinda stumbled here on accident," he replied, finally bringing the candle to his face. Inhaling deeply, the spices immediately tickled his nose. Spice blends were, admittedly, his favorite scent. "Is... is it weird that I'm a guy and I really like candles?" Norman commented, chuckling. Setting it down, he moved to another section of the table, his eyes glancing over the rest of her wares. It was only when he passed her that he sensed it; the faint, harrowing sensation of panic that always set in when he was around them: the spirits. It was an immediate reaction that the hair on the back of his neck stood up, and he glanced at her once more. Was she... She must've been. Her presence was faint, but it was there. Someone from the other side-- someone who was no longer living in the animated world. The thought piqued his curiosity. Looking back up to the girl across the table, he asked casually, "Do you make all of this stuff yourself?" Picking up a crystal hanging from a thick chain, he watched as it reflected milky green in the sunlight. "It's all really cool..."

"I'm Norman, and, I... I know nothing about crafts but I really like yours. It's nice to meet you."

aria crystal odine | 757 words | he's awk please excuse him
BY MITZI

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
aria crystal odine
 Posted: May 11 2018, 07:49 PM

So we let her sew the buttons and she ate up our lives. .

Tall Ghost Girl
  Coraline
  19 years old
  Single
  Straight
  She/Her
  Rily (She/Her)
 41 POSTS

awards

There was something so refreshing about these festivals. They were like a fountain of happiness. People were laughing, happy with their purchases or biting into that wonderful treat they’d been craving since the last festival. Some people even brought their dogs, which always brought a smile to Aria’s face. Occasionally, there were the anti-social dogs. It was so cruel for their owners to take them into crowds like this when they were such nervous animals. Of course, those were rare. The majority of the dogs she saw were so cute and excited to be there!

And besides all that, what a place to meet new people. Or even to just people watch. There was such a variety of people who came to these festivals and it was so interesting to see how the different people interacted, what they bought, what they wore, and how they acted. People really were funny – especially when they thought no one else was looking at them.

Aria usually did fairly well at these types of events. People tended to at least be curious about her wares. A lot of the items she created had an “old timey” feel to them. There was something about it that she liked. She wasn’t a fan of things that looked too modern. She liked things to look like they’ve been well-loved.

A lot of people tend to do that,” she said, hopping up from her chair and moving closer to the counter,”That’s one thing that makes these things so fun, I think.” It went back to that people watching thing again. It was very interesting to see what kind of person was drawn to her booth. Upon first sight, for instance, she wouldn’t have pegged this man for someone that might be interested in her things.

Everyone should like candles! They add such a nice ambience, don’t you think? Do you like the smell? It makes me think of a kitchen after a day of baking,” she said, picking up the candle and breathing in the scent.

Mhm! I have a shop online,” she said, pulling one of her business cards out of one of her holders and handing it out to him,”It’s basically how I make my living.

She rested her head in her hands as she watched him analyzing the green crystal. “I'm Aria. It's so nice to meet you, too! Isn’t it pretty? Green crystals are supposed to symbolize starting anew – you know, like plants in spring? Is that something you think you might need?

norman bram babcock

all smiles
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

topic options
addreply
newthread
newpoll

static affiliates | status: open