ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY -> first aid training
click to rearrange
a bit quiet? join us on
discord!

endless diamond sky 
spotlights
WENDY

A lover of AUs and a master of causing the feels, Wendy is always at the ready to offer love and support to her fellow members. Her posts are lovingly constructed, detailed, and every character speaks in their own voice; from the lovable Cadi to the villainous Cala. EDS wouldn't be the same without her, so go show her some love!

MEMBER OF THE MONTH
PAIR OF THE MONTH

ZELDA NOAKES & TERENCE HALLOWS

THREAD OF THE MONTH

LITTLE SHOP 'O HADES
NICCOLÒ THANASIS & PERSIE ANTHOS

NIAMH ROSS
charas of the month

MARTINE ANKER
welcome!
Welcome to ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY! We are an animation personified site set both in the animated world and present day San Francisco. A terrible darkness is spreading through the animated realm, driving everyone from their homes and into unknown territory that we know as reality. Now they find themselves at a crossroads: do they fight for their world or do they turn their back on it and make San Francisco their home? What will you choose?

setting 
san francisco, calif. 2018

___

please register
first middle last
in all lowercase!
AMANDA (admin)
SAM (admin)
FOREST (admin)
POND (mod)
ALLIE (mod)
staff
DISCLAIMER:
EDS is known to cause death by soul-crushing feels. Don't forget your feels bucket.

addreply
newthread
newpoll

first aid training, lowrie & leia
arianna elisabeth coren
 Posted: Mar 26 2018, 04:00 PM

Plus est en vous..

queen of corona
  tangled
  41 years old
  married
  heterosexual
  SHE/HER
  becca (SHE/HER)
 35 POSTS

awards

A white flag waves in the dark between my head and my heart. My armor falls apart
Arianna had always known, from the moment they were first separated leading their people away from Corona, that if she was likely to find her husband anywhere it was wherever the fighting was fiercest - the heart of the rebellion against the darkness. She had stumbled across the resistance camp by accident at first, a chance , but it had turned out to be one of the most happy accidents of her life. She had not found Frederic - her husband remained as painfully elusive as ever - but she had found others, men and women, from all corners of countless, incredible worlds, as lost and lonely as she was.

Arianna was no warrior; she was an able horsewoman, and competent enough with a sword thanks to her husband’s insistence she learn to defend herself, but she was no match for the forces that lurked beyond the safety of camp. But she was determined to be helpful in other ways, and she was a more than proficient medic now, perfectly capable of taking care of all manner of the non-fatal injuries that flooded into the camp and assisting the healers with rather more complicated cases.

She had taken to training other medics too when she returned to the resistance camp, but Arianna had never trained a goddess before. In fact, she had had no idea that goddesses even existed, but everything she had thought she’d known had been turned upside down in the wake of the darkness, and now she was teaching the goddess of comedy how to treat a fractured arm. She supposed it was equally surprising that she would be friendly with said goddess, but Thalia was, quite simply, a delight, and it was impossible to meet her and not become fond of her, especially when she was so determined to her part.

“The most important thing is to immobilise the arm,” Arianna said, holding her own arm against her breast to demonstrate. “The last thing you want is to move it and risk further damage.”
PM
^
leia ivy joyce
 Posted: Mar 26 2018, 05:04 PM

honey, you mean hunk-ules.

thalia
  Hercules
  31 years old
  single
  pansexual
  she/her/muse/goddess
  lowrie (she/her)
 27 POSTS

awards

It was sight that wouldn't have never been seen if it wasn't for the Darkness. To see a Goddess on the surface in plain sight of humans was rare enough, but see one working with them, and allowing herself to be seen by them was even rarer. Back before all this mess happened, Thaila was simply a Muse - of comedy to be specific - she told the stories of Greek History, proclaimed heroes and inspired plays. She was still very much so the same Goddess she was. Divine beings were slow to change, if they change at all, and Thaila was no exception to this rule. Ten years may seem an age to the humans she worked alongside with, but to her it was more a blink of an eye.

As much as Thalia would love to go about as she normally would, she couldn't. She wanted to help, in more ways than cheering folk up, or inspiring others. She wanted to inspire herself, or rather to put it better, be an example to those around her. So yes, she used her powers to lift the mood of the camp, but she also wanted to learn useful skills. Like first aid, which she was doing today with Arianna, a kindly woman, a Queen, and Thalia liked her a lot. She was not sure if she'd be much use in the task set for her, she was sure the likes of Artemis and Apollo would be better suited for such tasks. But for now they were stuck with her and she wanted to be able to better provide aid to the resistance.

There was an amusing look of concentration as Thaila listened to her teacher, watching her every move. Unlike her usual self, she was all seriousness as she learned. After all it was a serious business to learn how to help people heal. The best way to place their injury, how to strap it up and other things. No doubt when she got further along, she will relax and be more herself. After all laughter was as much a healer as herbs and bandages. However she supposed she might have to learn to make sure she doesn't make them laugh too hard, she didn't want to cause them anymore pain than they already were.

"Gotcha honey, that wouldn't be funny if you moved. Even if it is your funny bone." She picked up the sling that was on the table, and with a confused look she turned back to Arianna, "Then I'm supposed to tie it up with this? How?"

arianna elisabeth coren
PM
^
arianna elisabeth coren
 Posted: Mar 26 2018, 05:32 PM

Plus est en vous..

queen of corona
  tangled
  41 years old
  married
  heterosexual
  SHE/HER
  becca (SHE/HER)
 35 POSTS

awards

A white flag waves in the dark between my head and my heart. My armor falls apart
“Well, that can be a little fiddly,” Arianna replied, lips twitching in amusement at Thalia’s quip - it was impossible to be too serious around the Muse - but she swiftly regained her focus, reaching for one of the bandages she had put aside for this express purpose. Fractures were a common injury, particularly among those escaping the  literal clutches of all manner of terrible creatures. The resistance did not have an abundance of bandages - or any medical materials for that matter - but a strip of cloth would do just as well as the real thing for this demonstration, and a clean cloth, or even a piece of clothing in a pinch, would do just as well when faced with the real thing. Besides, they had doctors but they also had quite literal miracle workers; infection was not usually something they had to worry about.

“If it's an open fracture, you'll need to pad the wound first-” Arianna folded a strip of cloth, pressing it firmly against her own arm in demonstration and glanced up to make sure Thalia was following (she was a goddess - she doubted she would have any trouble at all following a mortal. “-With a clean dressing, and put pressure on it to stop the bleeding.”
PM
^
leia ivy joyce
 Posted: Mar 27 2018, 06:03 AM

thalia
  Hercules
  31 years old
  single
  pansexual
  she/her/muse/goddess
  lowrie (she/her)
 27 POSTS

awards

Thaila couldn't say how she would react if she was face to face with an injury, especially an open fracture wound. Those kind of stories where left to her sister muse of tragedy, Melpomene, she would no doubt be better in such a situation as she was. Yet she had to set aside such thoughts of her family, they would hinder her ability even if she was sad, lost without her sisters. Another rare sight to see of Thaila, always smiling, it seems like nothing would get her down. It was now more a defence as much as it was a part of her to be funny, to inspire others to see the funny side. Even though there really was no funny side to see...

Thaila set down the sling she had picked up mistakenly as she listened to Arianna. Open fractures mean more blood, the padding made sense. She picked up a clean cloth and followed teachers movements in folding it and pressing it to the 'wound', making sure to keep pressure and cause little to no movement in the arm. "Like so?" she asked, looking up to Arianna as she kept the pressure on her arm. She hoped the pressure wasn't too much, or too little. This was all so new to the Goddess, and she wanted to do right. Pride was a funny things among the Divinity, they all wanted to be right, as well as do right.

arianna elisabeth coren
PM
^
arianna elisabeth coren
 Posted: Apr 11 2018, 02:39 PM

Plus est en vous..

queen of corona
  tangled
  41 years old
  married
  heterosexual
  SHE/HER
  becca (SHE/HER)
 35 POSTS

awards

leia ivy joyce
"Exactly so," Arianna confirmed, her lips curving into a crooked grin as she admired Thalia's handiwork. She would make a medic of the goddess yet, and if her efforts thus far were any indication it would be sooner rather than later. Of course Thalia's divinity might well be something to do with her competence - weren't gods supposed to be omnipotent? Arianna wouldn't know. If she hadn't been standing face to face with one, dispensing tips on first aid, she would have been content to dismiss them as sheer fantasy. But these gods - gods of laughter, history, poetry, medicine - were a different species altogether from the one god to whom her mother had devoutly pledged her allegiance, They were more human somehow, and even more so taking up arms alongside the mortals they might have otherwise lorded it over.

And Thalia made her laugh. She hadn't realised before she had met the goddess just how infrequently she did that anymore, but for the few stolen moments amidst the tension that came from knowing what lay beyond the resistance camp, why they were there and just how high the stakes were, Thalia reminded Arianna what it felt like to be happy.

"I suppose there's such a thing as too much pressure, but I suspect in the case of blood loss your patient would prefer a little discomfort to bleeding to death. I know I would," she quipped, eyes twinkling as she retrieved the pile of cloth she had put aside for the next lesson. "Speaking of which, what do you say to putting your new skills to test on a real patient? A lost queen, for example?"
PM
^
leia ivy joyce
 Posted: Jun 3 2018, 03:37 PM

thalia
  Hercules
  31 years old
  single
  pansexual
  she/her/muse/goddess
  lowrie (she/her)
 27 POSTS

awards

A proud smile alighted her features as Arianna praised her action. She was still a proud being, after all, the Gods were like the humans in many ways, their personalities, flaws and skills simply [i[more[/i] expounded than their human counterparts. It was what made them more relatable to them, and easy to explain the world around them. It was hard for Leia to believe that in the world they fled to, they don't exist anymore. That they were nothing more than myths and folly of history. Yet they still believe in God. Just the one. It was mind-boggling to her really, and she never paid Him much thought really. But she knew belief was a strong influence, and she had no doubt therefore that he did exist. As did the other Gods of other faiths. After all, she was a Goddess, so it made sense to her that there are other such beings in the worlds.

Thalia had to give a chuckle at Arianna's quip. She had noticed that the Queen was more sad than happy, and understandably so. She couldn't help but think folk needed to have something to smile about once in a while; and if she can supply them with something to laugh and joke about, then she was only too happy to do so. "Rightly so, a little discomfort is bearable enough if in the long run you are healed and more comfortable. I would gladly bear it also." As a Goddess she was immune to mortal ailments, but the Darkness was anything but normal. She was in as much danger as her compatriots when fighting such beings. She had seen her own cutdown, even the Titans, one of which was her own mother, could not stand against them. The Titans could only be held captive by her Father, Zeus. The Darkness could destroy them.

It was a sobering thought to think that you were not as invincible as you thought...

"What was that honey?" she asked, shocked out of her reveriery, dropping the cloth that she was folding on the ground. Thalia was not sure if she was ready to pratice on a real person, but she supposed it made sense. Better to learn on real injuries than read about them, only then would she really know what she was doing. And under Arianna's watchfull eye, if she did go wrong, she was there to set it right. Unless she killed the person, which she hopes she won't... "Alright honey," she said not without some trepatation, "lead the way." She stood up, and waited for Arianna to show her the way.

arianna elisabeth coren
PM
^
arianna elisabeth coren
 Posted: Jun 21 2018, 03:10 AM

Plus est en vous..

queen of corona
  tangled
  41 years old
  married
  heterosexual
  SHE/HER
  becca (SHE/HER)
 35 POSTS

awards

leia ivy joyce
With a soft laugh at the unexpected flash of panic on the goddess’ face (two years ago she would have assumed gods and goddesses were invulnerable to fear, but any sane creature, mortal or immortal, would be wise to fear the darkness in all it’s guises), Arianna rested a gentle hand on Thalia’s shoulder, rooting her firmly in place with a fond smile. “Don’t worry,” she said. “I’m not going to put you to work just yet, but it would be beneficial to practice on a real person.”

She withdrew her hand from Thalia’s shoulders with those words, reaching for the worn sleeve of her dress and pushing up the moss green fabric. The familiar, richly tailored, form-fitting gowns she had always favoured had been abandoned in Corona, left to the darkness and the slow decay of time with everything else they had deemed unimportant when they had made the decision to evacuate, save the one dress she left the kingdom in - the purple gown her husband had always loved best. Simple, comfortable outfits had replaced them, and she had become particularly fond of this one. Corsets were entirely impractical in the middle of a war zone, but the loose bodice of her resistance allowed her freedom of movement her royal gowns had always hindered: she could heal in these gowns, she could ride comfortably on horseback, and, when absolutely necessary, for she saved the true work of the resistance camp for those with more experience, she could fight.

Pushing her sleeve up past her elbow, the sun bronzed flesh of her arm still bore signs of wear and tear from her first and only encounter with the darkness, a long, thin scar a physical reminder of the skirmish. It was barely visible on the other side of the portal, only obvious to those who were really looking, but Arianna had always found its presence comforting: a reminder that she was alive, and if she had survived when she had had no more than a few lessons that had usually devolved into affectionate embraces with her husband turned instructor, then she could allow herself to believe Fredric and Calla were still out there.

“It’s had almost three years to heal, I’m afraid, so you’ll have to use your imagination.” Of which a Muse had plenty, Arianna had no doubt. “Imagine this was fresh. Imagine that I’ve just stumbled into camp. How would you help me?”
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

topic options
addreply
newthread
newpoll

static affiliates | status: open