5'3''
bisexy
solo

loor

you've gotta touch your eyes and crush
your tears
open!
"Thanks, Enzo! See you next week!"

Hinges squeaked as the buff Hispanic man propped open the heavy metal door. Zelda stepped out into the cloudy afternoon, blinking at the change of light even though the sun was nowhere to be found. Rifling through a climate-controlled lab in a basement for hours was bound to make for a rocky resurfacing. Slinging her colorful mini-backpack over her shoulders, the student began walking south out of the Tenderloin District, towards the Civic Center BART station. Immediately she tucked her earbuds into place, pressing 'Play' and drowning out the grimy thoughts with The Kooks. Her UC Berkeley sweater smelled of chemicals, the seaside breeze dispersing the scent's concentration. Thank goodness for cool air currents.

Z spent that Tuesday morning testing the new batch of coke with purity measurements and content analyses. Luckily it presented within the cartel's high standards. They made thousands by cutting the shipment with innocuous fillers. That's where Zelda came into play; she worked with a few of Julio's men to calculate the appropriate ratios. She also knew how to cook the substance in order to maximize crack output in a way that made the head honcho smile. Smiling was good; Zelda was acutely aware of what happened when he was upset. He adored Zelda, called her his 'little genio' who was going to 'do big things'. They'd risen to a level of mutual respect (with a healthy dose of fear on the young girl's end of the arrangement). He honored her busy school schedule, kept her apart from all other aspects of the business, and paid generously in cash. The former fairy did not dispute that addiction was a terrible thing. But if she wasn't force-feeding innocents, was she still culpable? Z tended to push the dilemma out of her head.

Keeping her eyes on the floor, Zelda descended the staircase towards the subway. It was a long trip back to Berkeley, but at least she had enough cash to get her through the next couple of weeks. With extra to put towards her student loans, the scientist could hardly complain about her nontraditional, illegal line of part-time work. Just as she began to hum along to 'Bad Habit', a misplaced ankle on the edge of a stair had her falling suddenly down the lower half of the steps. Gasping and yelping in shock, the girl went rolling onto the tile floor, backpack sliding past her. Groaning and holding her aching knees, she winched. "Fuck," she whimpered and rolled over. Zelda's body pulsed from the descent. Nothing felt broken (Thank Clarion), but her vision swam where reactionary tears welled up.

Her heart skipped a beat when she glanced up. The wavering image of the wad of cash, wrapped in two rubber bands, was lying a foot from her bag. There were subway riders heading towards her and behind her down the steps. Z couldn't breathe, and her muscles were still spasming. She forced herself upwards. Sweat breaking out on her forehead, she pushed her cramping legs towards the money, hoping like hell no one would notice. Her chest heaved with anxiety. Considering the pickles she often found herself buried in, this was another average afternoon for the spunky, scattered girl.

BY MITZI
^
clementine agnes gru
 Posted on: Mar 8 2017, 07:47 PM
Agnes
❝ It's so fluffy, I'm gonna die! ❞
Despicable Me
5'1"
heteroflexible
single

Lauren

gotta love this field and this cherry sky under blossom clouds though it's late july

Today had been such a fun day! Clementine had so much fun at Pier 39. She enjoyed going to the attractions there, especially the Aquarium of the Bay. There were so many cool fish there that almost made her wish she could switch majors to marine biology. The fish were so colorful and pretty. Whenever she had free days when she didn't have classes, Clementine tried to go out to San Francisco and see all of the tourist traps. Despite living there for a little over two years, she still enjoyed all of the different museums and other attractions. After going to the Aquarium of the Bay for the umpteenth time, she decided to explore the city, walking all of the way to Union Square for some window shopping. Clementine couldn't afford many of the things that were being sold (she really needed to get a job), but looking at them still put a smile on her face. One day, she would be able to buy some of the things in the windows at Union Square and the prospect of doing so made Clementine extremely motivated to both do well in school and get a job. Maybe she would apply for a job of some sort at the Aquarium of the Bay, especially since she enjoyed it so much.

Clementine bouncily walked towards the BART Civic Center station. She needed to get home and study for a test she had the next day. As she started descending the steps, a cool breeze floated through the air, causing her to pull her jacket closer to her body. She pushed her glasses farther up her nose afterwards, starting to quietly hum along to an Ellie Goulding song she had heard in one of the stores. Clementine wasn't quite sure what the words were, but she was pretty sure that it was called Lost and Found. It was a catchy song and she wanted to look up the lyrics once she got home. She was pulled from her musings at the sound of a yelp with a small thump shortly after. Her eyes widened as she watched a girl around her age tumble down the stairs and something fall out of her backpack. Clementine rushed over to help, now able to see what had fallen out of the girl's backpack after her fall. It was a wad of cash. Without thinking twice, she picked up the money and walked back over to where the girl still was on the ground. Taking the girl's money and running never crossed her mind, as this girl had to have rightfully earned this money, right? "Are you okay? Do you need any help up? I have your money." She offered the girl a hand to help her up, regardless of her answer, then gave her a kind smile. "I think I might have some band-aids in my backpack if you want them."  

clem's such a sweet bab

— ASHNIRAI

--------------------
user posted image
thanks Debbie!
^
zelda rowena noakes
 Posted on: Mar 15 2017, 03:25 PM
zarina
❝ from a trickle to a roar! ❞
the pirate fairy
5'3''
bisexy
solo

loor

your tears
Scuttling forward in centimeter-segments, the panicky student felt time elongate. Logically, the scientist knew the immediate distortion was a matter of heart rate and epinephrine. In practice, it felt more like those dreams everyone has at some point: fleeing (from or to) something, only to find your feet overburdened, stuck in invisible mud. Slow. Her line of sight jolted with each heartbeat. The green square of currency jerked about as she neared. Beads of sweat formed at her hairline, prolonged pain giving way to numbness in the midst of her fierce concentration.

In spite of her semi-paralyzed efforts, a hand shot between Zelda and the money. Raising upwards past a stark white pair of Converse, her hazel eyes constricted to terrified pinpricks. Oh no, they know, they've got to know, they're going to shout it out, they're going to tell everyone. My life is over, my research is for nothing, I'll -- The churning steam-engine train of primal fear jumped the tracks as she at last studied the similarly-aged face above her. This wasn't a shouting expression of rage or suspicion. This wasn't a police officer asking to search the rest of her bag. It was only another girl, approximately the same age, clad in a denim jacket and a pair of nerdy glasses. Zelda's chest lightened as if a priest absolved her of sin. Her breathing picked up a regular holding pattern and she barked out peals of hearty laughter. Her sides ached from the effort but there was no holding it back. The dramatic switch from dread to deliverance triggered an uncontrolled response.

Trying to breathe steadily, Zelda pulled her legs up underneath her, sitting akimbo on the dirty floor, howling in amusement. "Sorr-" She giggled. "Sorry!" Her face had bloomed rogue with the strain of elation, a sweaty palm wiping tears from the corners of her ducts. "I didn't expect you to be -" Zelda took another deep breath, fanning her neck and grabbing her backpack as she stretched forward. "...To be, well, you." She examined the girl's offering and paused momentarily. Z looked up at the brunette's eyes once more (perhaps doubting her initial display of innocence) before slowly peeling the cash from her fingers. No one who rode BART on a regular basis paid much mind to scenes in the terminals (with the astonishingly steep rate of freaky hobos within city limits, they came with the territory), but it still wasn't good practice to keep a visible lump of money out on display in San Fran. Wincing visibly, Z leaned over on her side to pinch the edge strap of her holographic mini-knapsack and pull it into her lap. Shoving the wad into an inner pocket, the student zipped the bag shut fully, cursing inwardly for being careless with the latch earlier.

"Seriously, thank you so, so much," she looked back to the good Samaritan, graciousness plain in her stare. "Y'know, you never know who... Well, you know." Zelda wasn't at her most eloquent when disheveled. She pushed her legs out in front of her and rubbed at her right ankle, probing it with pokes like an amateur. None of the prodding made her flinch, but even so the joint was more swollen than its' counterpart on the left. Frowning in a thin line, Z's wavy mane of auburn rustled as she shook her head. "No, it's not a band-aid thing." She commenced hitting her heel on the tile, sampling whether or not it would bear weight. So far, it seemed to hold. "Say um... this is awkward, and I'm sorry to have to, um, ask. But could you, um, help me up?" Her body was buzzing; Zelda didn't trust herself to shoot up on both legs without falling flat on her nose once more.

BY MITZI
^
clementine agnes gru
 Posted on: Apr 10 2017, 06:25 PM
Agnes
Despicable Me
5'1"
heteroflexible
single

Lauren

gotta love this field and this cherry sky under blossom clouds though it's late july

Clementine didn't really know a lot of things. She had no memories before she was eighteen and didn't really pick up on social cues, but knew that helping others was something she should always strive to do. No matter how difficult it may seem at times, she should always be helpful and selfless. Clementine knew that helping this girl out was probably in her best interest since good karma was always good to have on hand. Watching this girl struggle after she fell was a bit difficult to ignore and Clementine knew she had to help her. After she reached down and grabbed the money, she watched as the girl's face contorted in both pain and panic. Clementine had no idea why the girl would feel the former, since she was just there to help. She didn't say anything however, just in case she misread the situation and was jumping to conclusions. Luckily, that emotion changed into one more of relieved and calm, as the girl uncomfortably laughed for whatever reason. Clementine wasn't entirely sure what to do or say, so she stood there awkwardly, still holding the girl's wad of money. Biting her lip as the girl continued to laugh, she was hoping that this girl wasn't laughing at her. The girl jerkily moved on the ground to a sitting position, still laughing as she started to breathe heavily. Clementine knelt down, so she could make eye contact with the girl, with a slightly concerned face. Was this girl okay?

Her questions were somewhat answered once the girl started to speak, still gasping for air after her tumble and turning red as she did so. What did she mean by her words? Clementine decided to push any troubling thoughts aside and ask. "What do you mean by not expecting me to be me?" She was a bit confused, as she normally was. The girl examined her for a moment, then took the money from her outstretched hand before shoving it into one of the pockets of her shiny backpack. The backpack was super cute and if the conversation that would ensue allowed for it, Clementine would ask the girl where she bought it. It seemed like something she would own and it would fit her own aesthetic.

"You're welcome." Clementine grinned as she noticed the girl's thankfulness for her assistance. It felt good being needed, especially when she was helping out random strangers. "Yeah, I think I get what you mean." If people didn't tell her exactly what they meant, she wouldn't usually get it since reading between the lines didn't make sense to her. Clementine was pretty sure she understood, but if subtext was involved, then she completely missed the point. Frowning as the girl stuck her legs out and one of her ankles appeared swollen, she tried to think of ways to help that situation. Nothing was coming to mind, however, since she didn't know much about first aid. "Oh okay." Clementine was slightly disappointed that the girl didn't need any bandaids since she had recently bought some unicorn bandaids that she had gotten a chance to use yet. "Yeah of course!" Clementine stood up as smoothly as she could from her awkward kneeling position and reached out both of her hands. Using both hands to pull her up should make it easier for the girl to steady herself once she got onto her feet. Finally noticing the UC Berkeley hoodie, Clementine's grin grew even bigger. "You go to Berkeley? I go there too! What's your major?"  

clem's such a sweet bab

— ASHNIRAI

--------------------
user posted image
thanks Debbie!
^
zelda rowena noakes
 Posted on: Sep 5 2017, 05:49 PM
zarina
the pirate fairy
5'3''
bisexy
solo

loor

your tears
Butt muscles squirming as she inched towards her afternoon rescuer, Zelda continued to giggle lightly. Straining her breathing to ease the fit of embarrassed laughter, she coughed. The young girl offering assistance suddenly appeared so serious. Smile persisting in spite of her efforts, the drug manufacturer nodded while placing the conspicuous cash wad deep within her shimmering backpack. "I mean... not a thief," she answered simply, withholding the full truth. Judging by the blankness in her stare, Zelda doubted that the dark-haired stranger suspected anything. That gave her pause; how old was she, anyway? Certainly not too young to be ignorant of the shadier underbelly of civilized society. Or maybe she was just sheltered, or naive. The possibilities rifled through Z's mind rapidly as an old-fashioned Rolodex. It was also feasible that the fairy'd hit her head harder than she initially assessed.

Regardless of whatever the kindhearted girl thought of her, Zelda sensed she'd been delivered an absolute angel of a recovery. No obtrusive questions or police uniform? It was a dream come true. Head swimming from the surreal nature of their exchange, Z quickly slid her arms through the bands of her backpack. Secured on her shoulders, she bit her bottom lip and clasped her hands with the other's. Leaning hard on her undamaged ankle, she grunted as they overcame gravity and stood standing side-by-side. Her right foot pulsed, sending sizable shoots of pain up her leg as Z tested her weight. Oh well, at least I'm on the way home. Please let it be a sprain. Anything worse than that would wreak havoc on her entire school-work balance. Damn my clumsy ass. Taking a deep breath, Z's grin faded. She examined the signs directing passengers to the Richmond-bound tracks. Limping forward slowly a few bounds, Zelda's ear swiveled. She glanced from the stranger to her sweatshirt (oh, right) and back to Honest Helen. Cracking a smirk, she gestured lazily towards the station. "Oh yeah? You heading back, or?"

Considering the newfound connection, she didn't wish to dash off in a hurry. Zelda might be labelled a degenerate by some, but she knew the difference between being sassy and being an asshole. Manners mattered, and she owed the other student a few minutes of her time at least. She leaned against a metal support beam, swollen ankle dangling. "I'm a sophomore, going for chemical biology." Zelda's expression widened in surprise briefly as a realization struck her. Then she laughed again and extended a hand. "...I can't beleve I haven't intro-- Might as well be on a first name basis with my rescuer! I'm Zelda, pleased to meet ya," she greeted with a cheesy smile, still vaguely disheveled. The spastic refugee couldn't quite get a handle on what was happening. Was this fellow Oski a theoretical friend or foe? Did she have any notion of why Zelda, a poor 20-something, had a huge wad of unmarked bills in her possession? The logic-driven woman was impatient for answers, yet worked hard to remain present.

[outfit by the lovely amanda]

BY MITZI
^
clementine agnes gru
 Posted on: Sep 15 2017, 08:46 PM
Agnes
Despicable Me
5'1"
heteroflexible
single

Lauren

It's not that Clementine thought that the other girl was laughing at her, as she had not done anything to warrant this kind of ridicule that she was aware of. She was more confused as to why she specifically she was laughing, as there wasn't really anything funny about this situation in Clementine's opinion. Maybe she missed something. Her anxieties eased when the girl took the money from her and placed it in her sparkly backpack. "Oh, that makes a sense. Well, I wouldn't since that's wrong, but there's also an added threat of being seen by either the security cameras or other people." The idea of stealing made Clementine upset since that just wasn't right. She was so glad that she had been here to make sure that this girl's hard earned money wasn't stolen by some despicable person. This gave her a sense of pride for trying to uphold good values in public.

She wasn't exactly the best on getting good reads on people, especially of people that she had just met. For the most part, her naveté, which she was well aware of, made her think the best of the people around her and not let this change until they did something that was horrible. Her unwavering optimism was what had gotten her through life thus far, despite the many difficulties, and she was sure that this would somehow reward her in the future. The unicorn lover watched as the other girl struggled to get up, prepared to help out in the case that she fell again or anything similar. From what she could tell, it was going well, so her assistance was luckily not necessary. She shook her head a few times at the question before replying. "I'm not heading there actually. I live off campus here in San Francisco, but I still do go to Cal."

Clementine was so glad that she had met this girl, even if it wasn't in the best of situations. She was sure that they could become friends since they already had one thing in common: they went to the same school! The brunette was also sure that they could find other things that they had shared interests in. "That's cool! I'm a fourth-year astronomy major." They also had something else in common! They both were in STEM majors, something that Clementine was proud to be a part of. Sure, there was plenty of misogyny in these fields, but she knew that she would try her best to break through gender barriers and work at NASA after she got her doctorate in astrophysics. She still had six long years of schooling ahead of her to get there, but she knew that if she tried her hardest, she could get there. "Don't worry about it. My name is Clementine! Nice to meet you, Zelda!" Clementine had met so many people with interesting names, like her good friend Barnaby, and this was just another person to add to the list. Names should be different from other people since they belonged to you and being confused for other people with the same exact name as you was never fun.  

clem's such a sweet bab

— ASHNIRAI

--------------------
user posted image
thanks Debbie!
^
zelda rowena noakes
 Posted on: Oct 21 2017, 12:22 PM
zarina
the pirate fairy
5'3''
bisexy
solo

loor

your tears
She was proud of her ability to mesh with people from all backgrounds. Zelda was a displaced person, constantly learning about her surroundings and the cultural norms of the time. College immersion accelerated her progress, but Z had retained her patience with others whose mannerisms or behaviors might be a shade shy of 'normal'. When confronted with an odd presentation, her inquisitive mind yearned to comprehend the entire picture. Still, this childlike peer was testing Zelda's limits. Had she seriously never weathered the terrible experience of having her ass grabbed by a stranger in the subway? Or a man following a little bit too close walking down a street? There were worse scenarios, too. Z was fortunate to have avoided serious assault, but she didn't forget the fear from previous violations. Cities were unsafe spaces, particularly for women. It made Z uneasy that the girl didn't express an intuitive understanding of this.

"Oh, word? I live here too, but I commute a lot. I'm sure you do too," she said with a friendly nod. Eyebrows contorting in confusion as the other student proclaimed she was in her fourth year, Z tried to suppress the doubt in her eyes. "Woah, you look really young to be a senior. You a prodigy or something?" She heard the words escaping as she thought them and immediately regretted it. The loud-mouthed pixie didn't have a handle on her impulsive honesty. She consistently spoke aloud when working on her projects (which could be very unnerving in group settings, especially considering that only half of Z's ramblings were coherent to anyone other than herself) and didn't always know when it was or wasn't appropriate to blurt out her thoughts. Way to be conscientious, Z. "Uh, I mean, it's nice to meet you too, um... Clementine." She quickly continued on, pushing clumsily past her blunder.

Fighting anxiety, unsure of Clementine's motives, Z felt torn. If she bid the girl a good day and continued about her afternoon at the lab, the whole affair could mean nothing. Or Clementine could blab all over campus (and the sciences department) about how this Zelda girl carries wads of cash. Zelda's smile was a tad tense despite her best efforts to act natural. Hesitating for a moment, mentally hedging her bets, the fairy pulled at her backpack's straps. "Say, do you have to be somewhere right now? I'd love to buy you a coffee or an ice cream. There's an adorable gelateria here just a block from the station," she offered. "It's the least I could do to thank you," Z tilted her head and grinned sincerely. Even though she wasn't sold on Clementine's apparent innocence, the scientist was truly grateful that Clem hadn't taken her money and ran the instant she fell. That merited a reward, in the secretive gal's estimation.

[outfit by the lovely amanda]

BY MITZI
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
newtopic
newpoll