ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY -> johnson, daniel jude
click to rearrange
a bit quiet? join us on
discord!

endless diamond sky 
spotlights
WENDY

A lover of AUs and a master of causing the feels, Wendy is always at the ready to offer love and support to her fellow members. Her posts are lovingly constructed, detailed, and every character speaks in their own voice; from the lovable Cadi to the villainous Cala. EDS wouldn't be the same without her, so go show her some love!

MEMBER OF THE MONTH
PAIR OF THE MONTH

ZELDA NOAKES & TERENCE HALLOWS

THREAD OF THE MONTH

LITTLE SHOP 'O HADES
NICCOLÒ THANASIS & PERSIE ANTHOS

NIAMH ROSS
charas of the month

MARTINE ANKER
welcome!
Welcome to ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY! We are an animation personified site set both in the animated world and present day San Francisco. A terrible darkness is spreading through the animated realm, driving everyone from their homes and into unknown territory that we know as reality. Now they find themselves at a crossroads: do they fight for their world or do they turn their back on it and make San Francisco their home? What will you choose?

setting 
san francisco, calif. 2018

___

please register
first middle last
in all lowercase!
AMANDA (admin)
SAM (admin)
FOREST (admin)
POND (mod)
ALLIE (mod)
staff
DISCLAIMER:
EDS is known to cause death by soul-crushing feels. Don't forget your feels bucket.

addreply
newthread
newpoll

johnson, daniel jude, johnny || alfred enoch
daniel jude johnson
 Posted: Jul 11 2018, 08:45 PM

johnny
  sing
  24 years old
  single
  homosexual
  HE/HIM
  forest (SHE/HER)
 1 POSTS

awards

daniel jude johnson

johnny ★ sing ★ alfred enoch ★ lad ★ twenty-four

Should I try to hide
The way I feel inside
My heart for you?
Would you say that you
Would try to love me too?
In your mind
Could you ever be
Really close to me?
I can tell the way you smile
If I feel that I
Could be certain then
I would say the things I want to say tonight

character basics

NAME:
Daniel Jude Johnson.
    This boy was a total jerk about picking a name. He picked Jude first, for the Beatles song Hey Jude, and otherwise he didn't really have any idea what kind of name he wanted. I settled on Daniel because it has similar nicknames to John/Johnathan, and while I didn't want to keep the name Johnny for him, I couldn't imagine him straying too far from his previous name. He also chose Johnson as a homage to that previous name. A little plain as a name, perhaps, but he doesn't mind that. He likes it, in fact.

PLAYBY:
Alfie Enoch.

Like Johnny himself, Alfie is a cute little angsty baby cinnamon bun. Because he was in How To Get Away With Murder, Alfie has a lot of pictures and gifs that convey angst and sadness and confusion and intensity, but he's also one of the cutest humans ever and has this sweet, charming smile, and I need both of those for Johnny, who has a lot of feels in his heart but is also a total sweetheart.

BIRTHDAY:
(no explanation required)

Barista.

Because Johnny's father seems to own a mechanic shop in the movie, I considered making Johnny a mechanic because that's what he's familiar with, but somehow that just didn't feel right to me. While Johnny misses his father, despite it all, his father's shop was partially used as a hiding place after crime sprees, and he wants to distance himself from that part of his life, so I opted instead to go for something else. He can be polite and kind and courteous, so I thought he'd be fine working in the food industry, and I could imagine his depressed attitude seeping into the monotony of his job. Maybe one day he'll circle back to his roots or even attend university, but for now he's not really sure what he's doing. All he knows is that he doesn't want to sing.

POWERS & ABILITIES:
no special powers outside of the power of deep-rooted angst.

PERSONALITY:
- polite and respectful
- precious snowflake
- knows quite a bit about organized crime because of his father's gang
- really good at picking locks
- tries to avoid crime and criminal activity
- quiet and kind
- likes to read
- loves to sing
- but doesn't do it so much anymore because it reminds him of his father
- feels hella guilty about his father
- thinks he's a terrible son
- has a beater car that he fixes up whenever it breaks down (a lot)
- happy to fix friends' cars
- knows a bit of how to play piano
- grew up with his dad and the gang, no mom
- wears leather a lot
- misses music and singing a lot
- misses his dad because he's the only family he ever had
- skateboards
- [insert gay seal here]

BACKGROUND:
Johnny's situation is very particular in the movie, and I wanted to find a way to represent that correctly and give him some backstory. He was clearly raised around his father's gang and was expected to take on "the family business" when he was older, but he never really wanted that. His mother died when he was young, and he was raised by his father and his elderly neighbor looked after him when his father was busy with the gang. He grew up with a deep love for music, but he never got to try playing any instruments because his father preferred for him to know mechanics and other "more useful" things.

After crossing the portal, Johnny somewhat settled in alone, but he's struggling to find direction. He feels horribly guilty for what happened to his father, and he's sworn off singing because of it. He also has more recently realized that he's gay, and he's struggling to come to terms with this as well. His dad's opinions matter greatly to him, and he feels very rejected by him with the singing thing alone, never mind the fact that he likes boys. He has a difficult time figuring out who to be when he doesn't want to follow in his father's footsteps but doesn't feel able to do the things that he feels represent him either.

CANON CUTOFF:
i legit just blanked on this because i thought i had it already filled out i'll be back lmao

played by FOREST

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

topic options
addreply
newthread
newpoll

static affiliates | status: open