FENRIR
FROM Norse Mythology

❝fenrir is free, the stars are falling❞

Immortal YEARS
6'3"
heterosexual
single
TOBY

Event prompt: You have a feeling you're being followed....

The chains of Fenrir are rent asunder
Come forth to receive the mark of fate
This world was unknown to him. In the centuries that had passed him by the world had grown, people had adapted and evolved. While his own world had fallen to ruin, humans had seemingly done well for themselves in others. These large, cold structures had no meaning to him; he could not comprehend them, nor their importance to the mortals. Even his companions seemed out of step, milling about him with a sense of unease so strong it permeated the air. This was the territory of a different sort of predator. Wolves clearly had no place here and yet, Fenrir was not perturbed. His size offered him a confidence precious few were able to share with him and he continued to move through the buildings- curious at how some towered above even he. Some streets were too narrow to pass down and so he kept to the main road, carelessly crushing cars and benches beneath his paws as his ragtag, shadowy pack kept close to his heels.

His shoulders brushed against the buildings as he passed, scraping against skin and as he walked, Fenrir became increasingly aware of someone. He knew, having been a predator all his life and being rather well versed in the matter of hunting- how a hunters mind worked. Someone or something had certainly been following him for some time now. He felt their gaze, sharper than the dull creatures at his feet, he felt their presence as keenly as he felt his own in this cold place. The wolf's large head lifted and he tasted the air, breathing in deep and letting his tongue hang out; breath billowing in great clouds about his face. The someone was close.

A low growl, curiously akin to a chuckle; reverberated in his chest and echoed about the street as he continued on, his stride slow and purposeful. While he was keeping a look out for his would-be hunter, Fenrir was careful to keep his ears at a casual angle. The very last thing he wanted to do, was spook the follower by letting them know he was on to them. He would wait, wait until their confidence allowed them to get too close; wait until hubris proved to be their downfall.

Finally, when his patience was beginning to wear thin- the creature got just close enough for him to turn on them; his jaws parted and impossibly large fangs beared as he lunged forward. In order to reach the woman (he assumed, for she bore a curious resemblance to how he remembered Sigyn to look) he had to rear up on his back legs; slamming his front paws into the side of the building and enjoying how it shuddered under his weight. He did not seek to eat the woman nor harm her just yet- really, he only sought to give her a fright. Two and a half tons of wolf hurtling toward you at speed would surely give anyone a decent spook.

Saliva hung around his jaw as wild eyes glared down at the girl, with her curious limbs. Fenrir could honestly say he'd never seen anything like her limbs, and for a moment he looked a little less murderous, and a little more intrigued. Soon enough, though, the anger returned and his hackles rose- another growl rising in his belly. “Why are you following me, midgardian?”

The fire engulfs the earth
Fenrir is free, the stars are falling

orion aloysius lake
PM
^
orion aloysius lake
 Posted: Oct 27 2016, 07:02 AM

VOID
FROM original

❝Every idea you've ever had is bad.❞

31 YEARS
5′ 6″
bisexual
single
max

War never changed. It was bloody, horrific, it stole lives and destroyed them. She’d lived so long in its pull she had no desire to ever leave. Lake had no idea how to live a normal life, neither did she really know what constituted one. She could never obtain her world’s version of ‘normality’, this one was much the same. She was convinced that there was no real place for her, that she was a mistake. She was destined to exist in a nothing place, a lone inhabitant of a strange limbo. She had a heart but there was no soul, no life force that identified her as human, just a shell and a ghost, a black hole that longed to be filled and to have a purpose but would never be granted one. Reaper didn’t fit her, she was no guide, no angel that brought others to a place beyond this. Within her there was nothing a void, an endless abyss and it screamed.

She’d told the others where she was headed before she went out, saluting her comrades as she stepped into the wilderness. The abandoned city was one of her favorite places to visit. It reminded her of home, or at least some twisted mirror of it. There were no insect-like creatures waiting to pounce with the intention of making her heart stop beating as quickly as possible, but there was the darkness, a different but familiar enemy. Not long into her journey she felt it, a great presence that drew her attention, a grand soul with immense power the void within whispered to. Curiosity got the best of her, there was no team to hold her back and tell her this was a bad idea. She had no responsibility for anyone but herself and some distantly acknolwedged obligation to return to the resistance alive - once a weapon, always a weapon.

The distinct signature of the darkness followed it. She felt a familiar twist in her gut of excitement and dread, the pull toward action and the fear of what a power like that could do. It wasn’t hard to find it, peering from the corner of a nature-claimed building, her eyes winded in a mixture of awe and disbelief. A wolf, a gigantic wolf, so huge it was impossible to fathom how it could have grown that large. Even harder still to picture a world in which it lived. Believing herself safe, she followed it. Lake had faced worse, or so she thought. A creature like that could swallow her whole with frightening ease, darkness seemed to swarm around it, taking the form of smaller canines, like the giant ticks did to the behemoths she faced, in a symbiotic relationship. It’s every footfall sent shocks into the ground that shook her chest. It crushed cars without a care, without effort and yet she couldn’t bring herself to run from it.

Knight was going to kill her if he found out. She wanted the advantage of height, It clearly had her beat in that department but it was obviously sticking to the main streets, too large to fit into some of the narrower ones, that gave her a slight advantage at least. When it growled she froze, waiting, then continued on at speed when the coast seemed clear. Tracking its movements she darted into a building and sprinted to the top, her robotic limbs helping to propel her faster than the average human. The next few were within easy jumping distance, if she needed it. This was part of the reason she chose to go out on scouting runs, gathering intel was vital to their success, if there was a giant wolf fighting for the darkness they needed to know about it.

Coming to the roof, she assumed it was going to pass right by, only to be rocked by an intense shock as it slammed its paws into the structure, lunging at her with its gigantic teeth. She rolled on reflex away from it, landing low, crouched with her arm out to steady her as the rumbling subsided and the building settled. Her chest heaved as she looked up through her mass of red curls, under her furrowed brow, fear and determination in her eyes. Her breathing refused to settle as her mechanical limbs whirred with how tense she was, her muscles set to react. She’d gotten careless, there was no way she could escape such a creature if it has its eyes set on her. She contemplated the amount of effort it would take to wrench its soul from its impossibly large body and reasoned it might have killed her, or come close, but it would be worth it. Lake watched drool drop from its jaw and heard it splash down on the street below. Its growls were like thunder, deep, rolling and reverberated the area, causing her hairs to stand on end and heart to ramp into overdrive.

Her eyes darted over its massive form and she stared at its eyes, feeling like an ant faced with a boot, helpless. She hated it, how powerless she was. Lake didn’t answer right away, it took her a little while to process the fact it has spoken to her with a booming voice, she felt herself shake. How did she ever think this was a good idea? “What?” She said, daring to slowly and carefully, move to stand on two legs from her crouched position. “Midgardian?” She asked, tilting her head to the side, her curls bobbing with her movement. “I don’t know what you mean.” No one is going to believe this, she thought as she stood there, standing face to face with a nightmarish creature. “I kind of figured you were with the darkness.” She nodded toward the pack that seemed to float about him. “Am I wrong?” She asked, willing her heart to slow.

The Secs never spoke, they never asked questions they never demanded anything but death, this wolf was different and she couldn’t help but wonder where it had come from and what it was doing. Maybe it had been ripped from its home just like they were, it seemed large and strong enough to fend for itself even against a horde of infected creatures. She had seen the far reaches of space, she’d watched a world collapse under the weight of energy and humanity reduced to mere thousands. She’d watched stars explode, people die in every horrific way and entire cities raised to the ground but she’d never seen anything like this. After all, where she came from, wolves had been extinct for thousands and thousands of years. The ones she’d learned about in history books were much smaller than this one, but still, to see something resembling them alive and breathing… it chased away her fear and brought to life a part of her that was dormant, quite dead, a childlike wonder she had murdered in preference of adapting to survive.

// tear us apart and make us meaningless
ulysses conri ragna 1164 omg i hope this is ok...
credit to kenz.
PM
^
ulysses conri ragna
 Posted: Nov 6 2016, 11:42 AM

FENRIR
FROM Norse Mythology

Immortal YEARS
6'3"
heterosexual
single
TOBY

He had to almost squint to see her, those golden eyes narrowing as he fought to make out her features. She was so small, yet the defiance radiated off of her in waves: a warrior woman, a Valkyrie in her own right… and yet she was undeniably mortal: he felt no kindred with her other than a shared stubborn will. A low chuckle rumbled in the cavernous depths of the wolfs chest, and he licked his lips- head tilted to one side as she spoke back. Ah, so the little midgardian was intelligent after all. She carried herself like a feral thing, yet when her lips parted- she made perfect sense. “Midgardian. Not of Asgard. A mortal. One who will soon be claimed by age and sent down to Hel.” He rumbled with surprising patience, settled as he was against the building, curiosity piqued by this strange girl who so resembled his stepmother. What she said next clearly amused him, for that chuckle came back and erupted into a full blown laugh, teeth bared as he cackled at her apparent ridiculousness. “It is day, midgardian. The moon is not yet in the sky- how can I be one with the Darkness if it is light?” He had not spoken with many since the world had fallen to ruin. He knew not of what she spoke, and so found her to be surprisingly foolish. She had had such a promising start… he was almost disappointed.

The wolf fell silent then, pondering what she could possibly mean- and as he did so, his gaze fell upon the shadowy creatures milling about his feet. Understanding dawned, and those twin suns of eyes found the flame-haired girl once more. “You mean those who follow me? They released me from my shackles, though they have never spoken. They seem to be drawn to my presence. They are an irritant, yet loyal.” They had after all, seemingly fought on his side when they had been set upon by bands of travellers or warriors. Ragtag bunches, usually: a pesky irritation that he was more than capable of batting away by himself, mostly- but he was quite content to leave the pack to finish them off as he continued on his quest.

Ordinarily, Fenrir would never pause to speak with a Midgardian. Especially not once he had been freed from his fetters. While the occasional man, woman or child might interest him for a moment- usually he would move on, or devour them instantly once the curiosity was sated. He seemed endlessly hungry, after all; and lacked the clarity of mind to understand the difference between a hunger for food, and a hunger for revenge, for justice. Yet there was something about this girl, with her red curls and her defiant stance… she was afraid of him, that much was clear- but she refused to run, as so many others had done before her. Fenrir found himself oddly disinterested in making a meal of her, but perhaps the strangest part was that he didn't feel like leaving her company yet, either.

“What is your name, Midgardian?” He demanded, looming closer in order to inhale her scent, the force of which would likely cause the poor girl to stumble. She smelled of sweat, and fear, and metal… the latter of which caused him to retract in surprise: an emotion he wasn't altogether used to. An emotion that held rather negative connotations for the wolf, considering the last time he'd felt it had been his binding. Still, he refrained (with no small effort) from taking out this wave of rage on the girl before him. “And tell me why you thought it wise to stalk Fenrir all alone...”

orion aloysius lake
PM
^
orion aloysius lake
 Posted: Jan 2 2017, 05:46 AM

VOID
FROM original

31 YEARS
5′ 6″
bisexual
single
max

She had been told many times that it was rude to stare, in defiance, she'd made a point of doing it as often as she could, purely to unnerve those that viewed themselves in command of her. The feral, the outcast, the strangest among the strange. Lake could sense that this creature thought itself above most forms of life, simply by the way it spoke and acted, height and bulk had nothing to do with it. She was standing before a being used to having the upper hand, seated higher than most life in some grand scale of gods versus men. She cocked an eyebrow, displaying her disapproval, to die soon and be sent to Hel..., not if she had anything to say about it.

It was difficult to know where to look, such was the wolfs might, thought she settled for his eyes, her gaze occasionally drifting to the creatures of darkness that orbited him like some great sun. "That’s exactly what I mean." She affirmed, nodding toward them. "They may seem something of loyal subjects, but they sure cause a lot of trouble for those of us who are lacking in size. Those are creatures of darkness, one form anyway." She folded her arms then, thinking on what he'd said, something about shackles and curiosity got the better of her. "Was someone holding you prisoner?" Lake asked, intrigued by his story.

When he asked her name and came closer, she paused and leaned back a little, eyes narrowing as she considered her preferred title and watched him for any sudden movements, bracing herself against his sharp inhale. She never used her first name, or middle, sticking purely with her last unless formality demanded it. There were days when she wanted to scrub its history from her skin and find something else to be called, disgusted by the memories it brought back. Lake was her fathers last name after all, a man who abandoned her and treated her as less than human for the brief amount of time she knew him. As the years passed she was determined to make something of it, to etch a new history into the surname of a man who wished she hadn't been born.

Over the years she'd made it hers and that was what counted. "Orion Lake, just call me Lake." Ahh, so he was Fenrir, the name felt familiar in an oddly nostalgic way, she made a point to commit to memory to look up the next time she was in the other world. She was sure it held meaning, though it escaped her, buried in that part of her mind where she stored most things that weren't useful for surviving. "We're at war, those of us that choose to stay and fight." Something passed over her eyes then, full of sorrow and witnessing several lifetimes worth of suffering, as well as the complete and systematic destruction of the human race.

"Those creatures that follow you aren't the only ones, there's a lot more, larger, incredibly ferocious and bold. I'm something of a scout, when I saw you and your friends there, I trailed you to gather intel, old habits die hard I suppose. No offence but you're big, if the darkness has any new tricks, we need to know. You understand war? Tactics? It's nothing personal." She waved her robotic hand then, it's metal glinting. "Since you're not allied with them, there's little reason for me to worry."

She posed it more as a vague question than a statement, watching Fenrir with a great curiosity. Lake couldn't remember a time when she felt intrigued for purely personal reasons. Their whole encounter felt almost dream like, she began to wonder if she wasn't actually back at camp, stuck in some sort of dream from being injured, or better still dead and this creature had come to judge her.

ulysses conri ragna 700ish sorry this took so long toby ; _ ;
credit to kenz.
PM
^
ulysses conri ragna
 Posted: Jan 11 2017, 07:04 PM

FENRIR
FROM Norse Mythology

Immortal YEARS
6'3"
heterosexual
single
TOBY

“Yes, girl, but you see- those lacking in size seem all too swift to attack me. So whom should I side with? Those who released me, or those who seek to draw my blood?”

Her question brought forth an unexpected rush of mirth and he laughed, blood spraying from his mouth along with the usual flecks of saliva. Teeth bared even as he showed his amusement, bitter-sweet though it was. What an ignorant little thing she was, and yet he had come to learn that this world was far more vast than he'd first suspected. Different worlds connected by an unseen tether, tied to one another for an unknown purpose. His great tail swept the ground and scattered the wolves beneath him carelessly as he settled down, shoulders still shaking with contained chuckles as he turned those glowing eyes back upon the girl. To see her clearly, he had to squint, to focus; but she was there, with the hair like fire and the defiant eyes.

“Aye, midgardian. The gods themselves. I grew too swift for their liking, and was fated to destroy the world. So they bound me until the end of days, with a sword in my mouth to keep me from biting myself free.”

Though of course, it would seem as if the world (worlds?) no longer needed destroying. It rather seemed as though someone had gone ahead and done his job for him. Oh, how he bristled at the notion that somebody might have taken Odin's death from him too. If the old god had been slain at the will of an other, Fenrir would have his revenge.

As the girl spoke (Lake: a curious name for a girl with hair like flame)- Fenrir settled down. He had no need to fear her, small and unarmed as she was; and so he took the opportunity to rest. His great weight came crashing down against the ground as he seated himself, resting his chin along the crest of the building and focusing his eyes on the girl as she spoke. He could tell from her posturing and the tone of her voice that she had witnessed terrible things, unspeakable things. Curious, for one so young: he couldn't help but once more liken her to his stepmother. About to speak in answer, Fenrir found himself distracted by the glint of metal as she gestured. A metal hand? Large ears turned toward her, focused entirely upon the limb in question.

“Lake. Tell me why your hand is built like a sword.”

orion aloysius lake
PM
^
orion aloysius lake
 Posted: Mar 14 2017, 04:18 AM

VOID
FROM original

31 YEARS
5′ 6″
bisexual
single
max

“just because they released you, doesn’t mean they have good intentions.” She raised an eyebrow, fearless, happy to challenge the gigantic wolf before her. While she may have been thrown slightly off balance before, now she’d grown quite comfortable. Enemies did not stop to chat, enemies didn’t bother to learn and ask questions, no, she wasn’t about to label him. For now at least. She swiftly dodged the blood that flew from his gigantic maw and held back a chuckle. Of all the things to amuse her, a self-important, huge, talking goddamn fucking wolf. She watched the darkness creatures scatter like insects and wondered what kind of world he came from. Was everything sized in order to accommodate beings of unimaginable might? It was strange to think about, but no different than the countless alien civilizations she’d visited, each with their own unique customs and history.

“fated? You didn’t have a choice?” lake asked, curious. She’d never believed in fate, or set events. She made her own destiny and there were no two ways about it. To hear that this creature had been tethered to a destiny and he spoke of it like nothing, rattled her to her very core. What if they were all bound to set paths? What if decisions meant nothing? Still, she didn’t quite understand the story, though there was something familiar about it, like the ghost of a dream after waking. “couldn’t you have dropped the sword?” she asked with a raspy chuckle. It seemed rather simple to her, but she was sure the reality of it wasn’t nearly as so. The legend before her had become obscure ancient history, beyond myth, in her time, if his story ever existed at all. Some, but not many, dedicated their time to learning such things, but they were among incredibly keen scholars and parents with a hobby of keeping paper books. Rare to say the least.

she steadied herself as he laid down to rest, a confirmation that he didn’t see her as a threat. Lake thought about doing similar, but realised it was probably difficult enough for him to focus on her standing, let alone with a smaller frame. She approached the edge of the building, swinging her legs off the side and sitting with a fearlessness bred into her by countless orbital assault drops and training runs. His question about her hand caught her off guard. She blinked and raised it to her eye-line, flexing the mechanical fingers as she tried to find the right words. “I lost it to war.” really, it was the secs who had taken it from her, not her best friend. She’d never blame him, never had, never would. “where I come from, warriors are given back what’s taken from them so they can keep fighting.”

she pulled up her left pant leg to reveal a metal leg underneath the fabric, and smiled. “if we’re getting personal, why are you so big?” she nodded in his general direction, cocking her head to the side in a curious manner. “everyone like that where you come from?”

ulysses conri ragna 518 sorry this took so long toby ; _ ;
credit to kenz.
PM
^
ulysses conri ragna
 Posted: Apr 9 2017, 02:43 PM

FENRIR
FROM Norse Mythology

Immortal YEARS
6'3"
heterosexual
single
TOBY

orion aloysius lake - Want to wrap this up and start a more up-to-date one?

The great wolf chuckled- or so it seemed, for while the sound remained remarkably similar to a growl, it held none of the ill-intent, and his posture seemed relaxed as he considered her words. “I do not consider them to be a threat, regardless, midgardian.” He said simply, leaning forward so that he might see her better. Her question of fate brought another laugh bursting forth, more blood upon the building that brought her close. “Everything is fated, woman. From the dawn of time to the death of every man, woman and child. The day of your death is foretold, it is written, it is always so. I was fated to kill the all-father from the day of my birth, as my sister was fated to shepherd the dead, as my brother was fated to bind the earth. Our fate was tied to that of Loki, our father- and Ragnarok, the end of all things. There is no arguing this, the Aesir decide our fate.”

A trace of bitterness accompanied what might otherwise have been a rather matter-of-fact tone. That bitterness turned upon Lake herself in the form of a snarl at her good-humoured suggestion. “How do you suggest I drop a sword embedded in the roof of my very mouth, woman?” He growled, though made no move to harm her. As much as she had annoyed him in that moment, he felt no urge to seek retribution against her. She was still too fascinating.

He watched, impressed by her courage as she walked to the edge of the building, as she dangled her legs off the side and showed off her limbs of steel. A true valkyrie, more weapon than maiden and he was enraptured by it, watching as the sun glinted off the metal where flesh ought to have been. Surging forward, he shoved his nose into the side of the building, large eyes within reach as he stared at her.

“You are not like any other midgardian I have met, Lake. You are a Valkyrie.”

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

static affiliates: now accepting