ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY -> sledding good time {BWO}
click to rearrange
a bit quiet? join us on
discord!

endless diamond sky 
spotlights
BECCA

Becca is yet another member that has returned to us, and was sorely missed in her absence. As much a part of the family as though she'd been here from the very beginning. She's always welcoming, always kind and supportive, and most importantly ready to offer all the magical feels-breaking plots you could ever ask for. So don't forget to show her your love next time you see her!

MEMBER OF THE MONTH
PAIR OF THE MONTH

SKYLAR CASSIDY & WILLIAM CALIBUR

THREAD OF THE MONTH

MELT YOUR HEADACHE
NICCOLO THANASIS & COSMO BENNET

KATRINA HECTOR
charas of the month

MORTIMER WYNTER
welcome!
Welcome to ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY! We are an animation personified site set both in the animated world and present day San Francisco. A terrible darkness is spreading through the animated realm, driving everyone from their homes and into unknown territory that we know as reality. Now they find themselves at a crossroads: do they fight for their world or do they turn their back on it and make San Francisco their home? What will you choose?

setting 
san francisco, calif. 2018

___

please register
first middle last
in all lowercase!
AMANDA (admin)
SAM (admin)
FOREST (admin)
POND (mod)
ALLIE (mod)
staff
DISCLAIMER:
EDS is known to cause death by soul-crushing feels. Don't forget your feels bucket.

addreply
newthread
newpoll

sledding good time {BWO}, andrew / lauren
olaf tannon friedmann
 Posted: Dec 16 2016, 10:16 AM

I DON'T HAVE A SKULL. OR BONES. .

olaf
  frozen
  26 years old
  taken
  straight

pond ()
 146 POSTS

awards

Oftentimes, when the snowman crossed over the portal, he was stuck in absolutely horrible situations. The weather was always far too hot, and he was always worried he was going to end up melting! Who wanted to deal with that? Not Olaf, not at all. He did not enjoy the feeling of saggy snow or puddles forming beneath him- he was just lucky Elsa’s magic was still working well enough to keep him alive! Otherwise the poor snowman would have never had the chance to cross over- not without having to deal with a possible entire puddle situation. What would he do then? He’d just turn into water and then be gone! There would be no more Olaf, ever! The thought almost made his heart stop, or what would have been his heart stop. He didn’t exactly have one in this world- nor did he have bones. Or a skull, or much of anything at all. He was just Olaf, and he was happy this way.

He didn’t quite understand how to control where the arch went, or even if he could control it at all. All he wanted was to end up in snowy and cold places- could it be that hard to wish and have it come true? Apparently so. Though this place didn't seem exactly happy with being covered in snow and frost- in fact, in looked far more like a rainforest than anything else. Hadn't he been here before? He had to have crossed over at this hour before, but this just seemed insane! How on earth was this place covered in snow?

Of course, Olaf being Olaf, he didn't worry about that for long.

It was time for fun! Time for making snowballs and running around and sledding on his stomach! That was far more fun than actually having to use a piece of plastic, or a garbage bag. Oh if only Gisli were here! The two of them could sled together for hours! At least, for now, he could sled on his own! Laying down, he propelled himself forward with his small stick arms and laughed, "Weee!" it was so much fun! He got to dodge the trees and go as quickly as he possibly could through them! There was no fear of the darkness for this snowman, not with how things were now! This was only joy and fun now!

He kept on sledding on the frost ground, giggling as he watched the snow come down around him. How could this be scary to anyone? Except he spoke to soon and lost control of himself, "Oh no! Watch out!" he shouted as he put his small arms in front of himself, "Incoming!"

PM
^
andrew william parnell
 Posted: Dec 25 2016, 05:37 PM

All right! We did not die today, I call that an unqualified success. .

Fear
  Inside Out
  27 years old
  single
  asexual
  he/him
  Lauren (she/her)
 93 POSTS

awards

speaking words of wisdom: "let it be."
It was so, so cold. Drew hugged himself to stay warm the best that he could, to no avail. His thin sweater vest that he wore in the Animated World provided almost no warmth. He had gone through the portal just seconds before it switched from the usually sweltering rainforest to the rebel camp, just for his monthly 24 hours to ensure that he kept his memories. Instead of being welcomed by other animated characters like himself, Drew was greeted by freezing temperatures and snow.

He walked until he reached a hill, where he stopped to catch his breath. Drew scratched his head as he took a break, looking around. The rainforest was completely covered in snow, which was extremely odd to him. Through his pondering, he didn’t hear the shout that came from nearby. By the time that he turned to look, he went flying through the air due to being hit by a snowman that was sliding around. After landing and grumbling about how unsafe it was to do that, Drew brushed himself off, then walked over to the snowman. ”Wh-what was that for? Do you need any help?” Drew shivered as he spoke, hoping that the supplies that he had brought weren’t ruined.

BY MITZI

olaf tannon friedmann

PM
^
olaf tannon friedmann
 Posted: Jan 7 2017, 12:29 PM

olaf
  frozen
  26 years old
  taken
  straight

pond ()
 146 POSTS

awards

Olaf had officially decided that the best feeling in the world was being a snowman in the snow itself. It meant he could have so much fun running around and playing and not having to care at all about melting! Sure, maybe it was weird that this place was snowy, but that thought never lasted more than a few moments in Olaf’s head. After all, he had no skull. Nor much of a brain either- it was all just magic that kept him going. Magic from one of his very favoritist people in the entire world! The magic that let him be a snowman and have so much fun all the time, and he loved it! He could go all over the place without a care in the world, and snow worlds were definitely the most fun ones of all! Those were the ones that reminded him so much of home, after all! Of the best place to be!

Even if he couldn’t currently get to Arendelle, he would still remember it fondly.

”Ahh!” he shouted again as he sped up more, closing his eyes as he shot through the trees. This was amazing! Terrifying, but amazing! Olaf gasped as he hit into someone else, slamming them both into the snow-covered ground. That was one way to stop! The snowman giggled a few times, ”Oops!” he didn’t mean to hit into anyone- it was hard to control yourself when you were moving so quickly! ”I was just sledding! I didn’t know you were there. Sorry.” he frowned as his body popped out of the ground and walked over, picking up his head and putting it on backwards, ”Don’t worry about me! I’m fine! Are you okay?” he asked as he turned his head back around.

andrew william parnell

PM
^
andrew william parnell
 Posted: Feb 5 2017, 08:45 PM

Fear
  Inside Out
  27 years old
  single
  asexual
  he/him
  Lauren (she/her)
 93 POSTS

awards

Drew really wished he had a warmer jacket. A thin sweater and long sleeve shirt were barely keeping him warm. He knew that he had a puffy jacket at home that never failed to keep him cozy and he really wished that he had it now. Even though Riley grew up in the Midwest where it snowed, he was safe inside her mind and never had to feel the bite of the cold (except during a brain freeze).It was also always safe in headquarters, except for that one time when Sadness messed everything. Out here, he might get hypothermia or freeze to death or get mauled by a polar bear or pecked to death by a penguin, or even get lost. The number of ways that this could go wrong were numerous and Drew wasn't liking his chances.

After picking himself up off the ground and dusting himself off, Drew walked over to the person that had knocked him over, a snowman. "Don't worry about it." He shivered as he took off his knapsack to look through his supplies. The bag was a bit damp from being in the snow, but the things inside were still dry. Thank goodness. His only concern was falling into the snow made him even colder than her already had been. "I'm fine, just cold."

BY MITZI

olaf tannon friedmann

PM
^
olaf tannon friedmann
 Posted: Mar 5 2017, 12:03 PM

olaf
  frozen
  26 years old
  taken
  straight

pond ()
 146 POSTS

awards

That was an adventure and a half- and Olaf almost wanted to do it again! Without hitting into anyone, of course, because that wasn’t nice at all. He always hated it when he got kicked around and his body ended up going all over the place. This guy sure was lucky that he stayed in one piece! Falling apart could always be a bit messy and confusing, especially when he ended up putting something on backwards! Though something that was just a fun part of it all, right? Olaf was just so lucky to have the life he did! He didn’t have to worry about anything, and he was slowly finding all of his family again. That was definitely the best part of it all. No longer was he a lonely little snowman, he had all sorts of friends and family around!

Just the thought of everyone he mattered about brought a smile to Olaf’s face. A lot of things did, of course, but thinking about Elsa and Anna and everyone else were always his favorite things. The snowman shook himself a little bit as the excess snow fell of and he grinned. This was so fun! ”I went too fast to stop myself! That was crazy!” he said as he adjusted his head back into its spot, ”I’m always cold. Cause I’m a snowman.” he explained, ”I get too hot sometimes, and I don’t like that.” Olaf looked around before looking back at the purple man in front of him, ”My name’s Olaf and I like warm hugs! Do you want one?”

andrew william parnell

PM
^
andrew william parnell
 Posted: Mar 15 2017, 11:45 AM

Fear
  Inside Out
  27 years old
  single
  asexual
  he/him
  Lauren (she/her)
 93 POSTS

awards

Drew did not like snow. It was cold and dangerous. Those two reasons were completely valid to him, but there was nothing he could do about his current situation, so he just had to tough it out. Trying not think about the possibilities in which this could go wrong was difficult, but Drew was making an effort. The coldness of the once uncomfortable warm rainforest was amplified by being knocked into the snow, making Drew both cold and wet, two feelings he hated when put together.

The snowman smiled, to Drew's surprise. What was he gonna do? Eat him? The snowman didn't look scary to him, but then again some berries didn't look scary but they could still kill you. Drew gave the snowman a wary look, hoping that his motives were not sinister like the killer berries. "I could see that." He replied, complacently nodding. Choosing to not say anything about the snowman adjusting his head or saying that he was cold because he was a snowman, Drew tried to gauge whether or not he could trust this snowman. "Wouldn't your hugs not be warm because your now,an and made of snow?" He had never been for logic, but this Olaf figure might've been missing the point of warm hugs.

BY MITZI

olaf tannon friedmann

PM
^
olaf tannon friedmann
 Posted: Aug 19 2017, 10:31 AM

olaf
  frozen
  26 years old
  taken
  straight

pond ()
 146 POSTS

awards

What could be better than a wintery day in this world? Most of the time Olaf ended up crossing into strange and unusual places, ones where he simply didn’t feel safe at all. Where he had to do things he didn’t like, like hide from creepy beasts or try not to melt from the heat of the sun! It was absolutely awful. So when he had such a blessing like the snow all around him… He was going to love and enjoy every moment of it. The snow was his home, his family, in a sense. Without snow he wouldn’t have existed, and everything would’ve been much different. Olaf didn’t want to not be real! He wanted to keep on enjoying his time with his friends and everyone else he was lucky enough to meet.

He’d have to teach them all about belly sledding. It was far better than using a sled- although that seemed to be necessary if he was a human and not just his snowman self. Something about humans just wasn’t built for snow, but at least Olaf definitely was! He loved every moment if it. ”It was pretty cool!” Olaf cheered again at the man he hit into. At least the dude seemed okay! And was he even a man? Olaf didn’t know. Things were all so weird all the time!

”What do you mean? Hugs are always warm.” Olaf looked at him, ”They make you feel warm on the inside always!” he smiled as big as he could, ”It’s the best!”

andrew william parnell

PM
^
andrew william parnell
 Posted: Sep 9 2017, 10:53 AM

Fear
  Inside Out
  27 years old
  single
  asexual
  he/him
  Lauren (she/her)
 93 POSTS

awards

There were so many things wrong with snow in Drew's opinion. It was cold and dangerous and way too much of it for his liking. Since he was so small when in emotion form, he could easily disappear because of the snow piling on top of him and that thought was very scary to him. However, if he wanted to keep his memories of Riley, who was probably the most important person to him still, he had to wait out the 24 hours. Since he did find someone else, a snowman, he did feel little more hopeful about his time in the Animated World than he usually did.

The sledding that the snowman had partaken in was very sketchy to Drew. It seemed very dangerous to him and there were plenty of things that could go wrong. He could crash into a tree as there were quite a lot of them in a rainforest and pass out and no one would find him and then the darkness would eat him up and then no one would know where he went. The darkness was still a very real threat according to the rebels, which scared Drew very much. "Yeah, it sure was."

"But you're a-" Drew didn't even want to argue the logic behind what the snowman was saying. In his mind, there was none of it. He wasn't going to say anything though, in attempts not to hurt Olaf's feelings. "Um, I guess I could have a hug." He spread out his arms and closed his eyes slightly, tensing up as he waited for the cold snow to touch him.

BY MITZI

@[olaf tannon friedman]

PM
^
olaf tannon friedmann
 Posted: Sep 13 2017, 11:01 AM

olaf
  frozen
  26 years old
  taken
  straight

pond ()
 146 POSTS

awards

The soft pillowy cushion of snow beneath his feet made everything just that much better for Olaf. It was just so comfy and nice! It was like home, and what was better than home? Olaf loved remembering his home, he loved it almost more than anything else in the world! What was better than that? It was a place where he was meant to be, and a place that he loved forever. It was the last place he had seen his friends as well! So that made it a very important place for the snowman. Perhaps, if he thought a little more deeply about things, he would’ve tried to find Arendelle in this strange world… But why would he ever think of something like that? Olaf simply wanted more and more warm hugs. That was all that really mattered.

Maybe he could make this man go sledding with him? Everyone needed to have a bit of fun sometimes! It was just such an adventure, really. There was so much to do and so little time- how was Olaf supposed to keep in mind clear? All he could think about was sledding more and more! ”I’m glad you think so too. I’ve never had such a good jump! I’ll have to try it again.” Olaf nodded. Not right now, of course, but soon! Certainly soon. Once they were done talking! And maybe then they could go on an adventure together.

”What?” Olaf said with a smile on his face, ”Do you not like hugs?” he paused as the man accepted the hug, ”Hooray!” he grinned and moved forward to hug the other person, ”Warm hugs are just so nice!” he wrapped his arms around the man and grinned. It was amazing!

andrew william parnell

PM
^
andrew william parnell
 Posted: Oct 13 2017, 05:20 PM

Fear
  Inside Out
  27 years old
  single
  asexual
  he/him
  Lauren (she/her)
 93 POSTS

awards

Now that he was thinking about it, the snow was reminding him of home. Not San Francisco, but Minnesota, where Riley had grown up. It snowed there, not in California, which allowed Drew to forget about the possibly dire situation that he was in. He missed the Riley that he had known there, the carefree, excitable little girl that loved hockey and spending time with her family. Before everything went downhill with the Darkness, she was very different, too different. It might have been attributed to the fact that he didn’t like change very much, but that Riley during those situations was practically the opposite from the one that he and the rest of his fellow emotions had loved and watched over.

Thinking about Riley made him feel a little bit sad, so Drew was really starting to entertain the idea of going sledding with this snowman. He really needed to let loose and actually have fun, and this would be a great way to do so. It was very hard for him to get out of his own head, but he was getting better about it now that he had been human for a while. “Okay. I might need to do some sledding too.” he said cautiously, not sure if his timidity was present in hs voice.

“No no no, that’s not it. I quite like hugs.” He nodded a few times as well to emphasize this point. The hug was just as Drew expected a little bit cold and uncomfortable, but he accepted it nonetheless. “They really are.” His teeth were chattering a little bit from the cold, but he tried his best to ignore it. He now had a friend to spend time with, which made this whole ordeal a little bit more comfortable.

BY MITZI

olaf tannon friedmann

PM
^
olaf tannon friedmann
 Posted: Oct 25 2017, 11:38 PM

olaf
  frozen
  26 years old
  taken
  straight

pond ()
 146 POSTS

awards

This was just great. Olaf had the chance to experience so many great moments with others in the snow… He knew he just had to stay in the snow forever! Of course he had just as much fun with people when snow wasn’t around… But snow simply made things even better. The snow made thing soft and pretty and just the best stuff ever! The snowman couldn’t have asked for a better material to be made of. Except when it came to summer. Summer wasn’t exactly the best, as he had come to learn. In fact, it was often the most dangerous thing around. Still he would love it, and go enjoy it every once in a while. Plus he had the magic from Elsa, and it kept him alive! Or, at least, he assumed it was Elsa magic. Unless it was from somewhere else?

He just wanted to roll around on the ground more, really. Fixing up his body the last bit, Olaf smiled, ”Really?” his eyes were as big as saucers, honestly. Nothing was better than someone possibly agreeing to playing in the snow with you! It was fun and enjoyable and just incredible. Olaf knew this was where he was meant to be! ”Sledding is amazinggg. And you go so fast!” as long as you didn’t hit into anything, of course.

”Hugs are the best. I’m glad you like them too!” Olaf spoke with a grin. He stepped back finally from the long hug and looked at his new friend, ”Oh no! Are you cold? Was that my fault? No, it’s just cold outside. You should really get a jacket, you know!”

andrew william parnell

PM
^
andrew william parnell
 Posted: Dec 10 2017, 08:56 PM

Fear
  Inside Out
  27 years old
  single
  asexual
  he/him
  Lauren (she/her)
 93 POSTS

awards

All this thinking about snow was not doing Drew very much good. The outfit in which he wore in the Animated World, a simple sweater vest, button-up shirt, and slacks, was not helping him stay warm. He tried thinking warm places like inside his bed with all of the covers on or Hawaii, but it was only seeming to make matters worse. This experience was even worse than when Riley got brain freeze! The hug from Olaf definitely made him feel even colder than he already was and he was almost certain that he would turn into a Drew-cicle sometime soon. He could almost picture the Resistance members lugging his frozen body back to their headquarters.

"Yes." He nodded his head, thinking that maybe going so fast would allow his tiny body to warm up, even just a little bit. "No, it's not your fault. I should have prepared better, but I had no idea that it would be snowing here." He was sure that hug was more warm for the snowman than for him, but he wasn't going to say anything to make sure that he didn't hurt Olaf's feelings. Drew knew how it felt as it had happened many times before to him. He walked back and forth for a couple of moments to try to get his blood pumping (did he even have blood? he wasn't sure) before returning to the snowman. "So, sledding. How do we go about this? I'm not really sure about it since it has been a while." He offered the snowman an inquisitive smile, ignoring the chill and all of the things that could possibly go wrong with sledding in a rainforest.

BY MITZI

olaf tannon friedmann

PM
^
olaf tannon friedmann
 Posted: Dec 12 2017, 07:08 PM

olaf
  frozen
  26 years old
  taken
  straight

pond ()
 146 POSTS

awards

This was where the fun really began. Olaf never found himself graced with the opportunity to teach anyone anything- at least not while he was a snowman. He could teach plenty of people how to ice skate, how to tie the shoes, and all that sort of stuff, but this was a completely new experience. There was so much fun involved in ice skating, and it really was a talent. But sledding? Well that was something else entirely! It was a time of letting go and just having fun, even if you weren’t good at aiming. Olaf wasn’t! He found himself hitting into trees all the time- but it didn’t make much of a difference when he could just put himself back together. But Drew? Well they’d have to be careful, because he didn’t look like he came apart like Olaf did.

How did he even begin to explain sledding at all?

”It’s okay! I don’t prepare for weather all the time. Maybe next time bring a coat just in case! My friend had one made of fur, I think, it was fuzzy. Definitely warm but also cooling if needed!” Olaf spoke and nodded. He’d have to help his new friend remember that for next time, that much he knew. He didn’t need to lose his friend to the cold! Especially not so soon after they met. ”Sledding! It’s the best.” he nodded, ”We don’t have a sled, so we’ll have to use our stomachs. Or backs. But don’t worry, it’ll be fine!” Olaf started walking up the hill, ”We just have to go up high, and then slide down fast as we can!”

andrew william parnell

PM
^
andrew william parnell
 Posted: Dec 31 2017, 05:54 PM

Fear
  Inside Out
  27 years old
  single
  asexual
  he/him
  Lauren (she/her)
 93 POSTS

awards

Drew was really hoping that he wouldn't regret asking this snowman how to sled properly. Short-sighted decisions were what he tried her best to avoid as there were so many things that could go wrong with them. He had been told to try to live in the moment, but how could you live in the moment when there were so many things that could possibly go wrong with just one misstep? That kind of thing kept him up at night, worrying, even if he had his nightlight on, the deadbolt locked, and the fan in his bedroom turned off. He knew that he was very easily anxious about seemingly simple situations, but he had made tons of improvement since he had first arrived in Haven Hill, so it would do for now.

"Yeah, I could, uh, tell." His main concern with sledding was going far too fast, like Olaf was earlier, and going headfirst into a tree, but maybe with a few tips and tricks from a possible sledding master, there wouldn't be any issues? After hearing the snowman's explanation on how the whole sledding thing worked, Drew felt a little bit more relaxed, but not much. It was simpler than he had originally expected, so he was sure that he could most likely handle this. "Ok, I think I will do it on my back." To prevent possible head injury obviously. "So where should we sled from? The top of the hill that you just came down or elsewhere?"

BY MITZI

olaf tannon friedmann

PM
^
olaf tannon friedmann
 Posted: Jan 22 2018, 05:47 PM

olaf
  frozen
  26 years old
  taken
  straight

pond ()
 146 POSTS

awards

Olaf had only dreamed of playing in the snow in San Francisco. He dreamed of sledding and playing around, just like he did before- when they were in Arendelle. It was odd. As a snowman, he really didn’t need to sleep, or breath, or anything like that. But now, as a human, he got to experience all of these things for real. He could dream at night, and he wanted to eat, and just wow. How amazing was all of this? Of course, he still liked being a snowman a lot more. It made a lot of existing so much easier, because being a human was a ton of work! So many things to do and stuff to remember. Honestly, it was a little bit overwhelming at times. But at least he could still live in the moment and do what made him happy.

This friendship blossoming between him and Drew was gonna be great, Olaf was sure of it. Nice and easy and full of fun adventures, right? That was most of the snowman’s life, at least, and just how he enjoyed existing. Nothing could possibly go wrong as long as you were enjoying yourself! ”Perfect. You’ll be a natural!” he nodded as they walked. The woods weren’t too dense here, just small clumps of trees, meaning it was fairly easy to navigate. They would have to go slow at first, but it would be easy to pick up! ”We won’t go up that high in case you get too scared! It’s gonna be easy, just trust your body, okay? If you need to turn, tilt, and you’ll be a natural!” he took a few more steps. ”Do you think it looks steep enough here?”

andrew william parnell

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

topic options
addreply
newthread
newpoll

static affiliates | status: open