ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY -> Prompts, Activities & Challenges
click to rearrange
a bit quiet? join us on
discord!

endless diamond sky 
spotlights
WENDY

A lover of AUs and a master of causing the feels, Wendy is always at the ready to offer love and support to her fellow members. Her posts are lovingly constructed, detailed, and every character speaks in their own voice; from the lovable Cadi to the villainous Cala. EDS wouldn't be the same without her, so go show her some love!

MEMBER OF THE MONTH
PAIR OF THE MONTH

ZELDA NOAKES & TERENCE HALLOWS

THREAD OF THE MONTH

LITTLE SHOP 'O HADES
NICCOLÒ THANASIS & PERSIE ANTHOS

NIAMH ROSS
charas of the month

MARTINE ANKER
welcome!
Welcome to ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY! We are an animation personified site set both in the animated world and present day San Francisco. A terrible darkness is spreading through the animated realm, driving everyone from their homes and into unknown territory that we know as reality. Now they find themselves at a crossroads: do they fight for their world or do they turn their back on it and make San Francisco their home? What will you choose?

setting 
san francisco, calif. 2018

___

please register
first middle last
in all lowercase!
AMANDA (admin)
SAM (admin)
FOREST (admin)
POND (mod)
ALLIE (mod)
staff
DISCLAIMER:
EDS is known to cause death by soul-crushing feels. Don't forget your feels bucket.

addreply
newthread
newpoll

Prompts, Activities & Challenges
✧ALLIE
 Posted: Jun 20 2018, 08:23 PM

she moved like a storm someone had given steel to.

the blue-eyed bandit
  rebel of the sands
  26 years old
  pringle
  jinsexual
  she/her
  allie (she/her)
 186 POSTS

awards

endless diamond sky presents
summer of writing

Ah, summer. A time for sun, relaxation, those yummy drinks with the little umbrellas. It's also a great time to jump into some stress-free writing with our summer event! To keep with the theme of relaxation, this event is completely self-directed and self-paced! You just wanna do one part of it? Cool! Wanna mix and match? Go right ahead! Gonna try and do it all? Look at you, you fabulous super human! This event is not about deadlines but engaging -- with others, with your characters, with the wonderful creative brains we know you all possess.

Below are THREE (3) types of challenges you can pick and choose from: POST PROMPTS, DEVELOPMENT-ORIENTED, as well as some general WRITING challenges. You are more than welcome to post about your progress (or your finished products, as the case may be) here for your fellow members to see but it's not a requirement to participate!

posting prompts

🥝 Clear out your THREE oldest owes!

🥝 Respond to the last longest post you received.

🥝 Respond to the last shortest post you received.

🥝 Write a post every day for a week (seven consecutive days; previous prompts can be used, meaning: if you’ve posted for prompts on seven consecutive days, they count!)

🥝 Write THREE (3) posts in 24 hours!

🥝 Write FIVE (5) posts in 24 hours!

🥝 Insta-reply to the last post you received!

🥝 Write a post anywhere in the Animated Realm.

🥝 Write a post anywhere in the Real World

🥝 Post for the same character TWICE in a row (can be two posts with one of your characters or two posts for the same character belonging to someone else. Rapid-fire threads will work really nice for this!)

🥝 Write a post where your character is doing a summer-related activity! (i.e. beach times, hanging with friends, at a park, visiting an amusement park, etc.)

🥝 Write a post for a Past thread.

🥝 Write a post for a Future thread.

🥝 Write a post for a Lass character (either your own or someone else’s)!

🥝 Post in a thread where the weather is warm!

🥝 Write a post for a thread set in an Alternate Universe.

🥝 Reply to a “feelsy” thread (whatever your definition of feelsy is!)

🥝 Tie up those loose ends! Work with a partner to finish a current thread that you have.

🥝 30 Minute Dash! Picking any post you’d like, set a timer and try and complete a reply within 30 minutes.

🥝 Write a post for a past event! (Harry Potter, Spring Ren Faire, Harvest Feast, etc.). If you’re new and haven’t been involved in any of our past events, that’s okay! There are subforums in the Past and Alternate Universe forums for them and you are more than welcome to start a thread there!

🥝 Plan an important development thread for a character and start it!

🥝 Complete a month-long Post-A-Day! Create a Post-A-Day tracker (if you haven’t already) either in your thread tracker or development board to track your posts for 30 days. Posts for previous prompts can be included so long as they occur on separate days!

development activities

🍉 Create an aesthetic for one of your characters and post it in your development forum (or elsewhere on site if you don’t have one yet). You can do this however you’d like from coded mood boards (you can find these on coding resource sites like Caution or Shadowplay) to graphics, it’s up to you. Canva is a good site for the latter and an alternative to photoshop!

🍉 Write a one-shot related to your character’s past.

🍉 Write a one-shot related to your character’s future.

🍉 Write about a dream/nightmare your character has had.

🍉 Write about your character’s personal living space and how they are within that space whether alone or with others or both.

🍉 Pick a point in your character’s timeline (can be past/from their canon history or app, present, or future) and create a playlist for it. Bonus points if you write up a little explanation or background info on it but it’s not required!

🍉 Using astrology, explain whether or not your character’s star sign suits them and why! You can get as in depth with this as you want.

🍉 Describe a typical outfit your character would wear and why.

🍉 Make a list of at least 10 little known facts about your character.

🍉 Find a font that closely resembles your character’s handwriting. Do you have any handwriting headcanons? Share them!

🍉 Explore & describe how certain relationships (of any kind) have shaped your character’s personality or how you play them! Relationships can be canon or merely from plotting on site, past, present, or future.

🍉 Assign a “theme song” to each of your character’s current threads and make a playlist out of it!

🍉 Let’s get inside their heads! Try writing a drabble for your character in a stream of consciousness style.

🍉 Write about your character’s favorite color and how it relates to them!

🍉 An Acrostic Personality: using your character’s name (either their first or full names) list personality traits that begin with each letter and explain!

🍉 “No (hu)man is an island entire of itself.” How does your character view their place/role in the world? Do they see themselves in the bigger picture or is their focus on themselves alone and/or their immediate vicinity? How much, if at all, do they depend on their friends and family or their support system? Write about it!

🍉 Their canon aside, if your character’s life were a movie, what genre/sub-genre would it be and why?

🍉 Create a Bucket List for your character!

writing challenges

🍊 Want to increase your word count? Figure out your current average word count (You can do this by adding the word counts of your posts together and averaging it out for a specific number or simply by guessing approximately what it would be. Whatever seems reasonably accurate for you.) and start there. Every time you write another post, try and push yourself to increase this number by specific increments, i.e.: +50 words, +100 words, etc. For example, someone starting out with an average of 300 words would want to write 350-400 words the next time around, 400-500 the next, and so on and so forth. Create a tracker for yourself so you can see your progress!

🍊 Want to decrease your word count? Figure out what your average word count is (as explained above) and half it. Don’t let yourself go over that amount. Focus on being succinct. If there is something important to convey, make that the central point to reduce unnecessary exposition. Keep track of how many times you were successful and how many times you weren’t to figure out where to improve.

🍊 The 100 Challenge! First, decide on an amount of time -- whether it’s one week or one month or even longer -- then every day for that period of time try and write at least 100 words of something. It could be anything! A grocery list, some headcanons, parts of posts or other writing projects, or just a session of freewriting. It can be on paper or sticky notes, a note in your phone, or a document you created. Once the time is up, you’ll find that even if you miss a day or two, it’s much easier for you when you come back to it!

🍊 Setting the scene! Whether in a drabble or in a post, focus on your character’s environment. Where are they? What is the temperature? Are there any scents? Are there other people around? If so, how many? How do they feel being there? What are their motivations in being in this place? Etc. Answering these questions will help you build your setting and understand your character within it.

🍊 The Synonym Challenge! Try not to use the same adjective more than once in a post. A thesaurus will become your best friend, but beware! Not all synonyms are created equal…

🍊 Take Action! In a post or drabble, write your character’s physical actions (or reactions) within the setting. From big to small -- they can be scratching their heads, smirking, or gesticulating wildly. Try to only focus on the actions and what the motivations for them are (in addition to how they are responding if it’s a post) instead of other elements.

🍊 Oh, Introspection. In a post or drabble, this time focus only on your character’s inner thoughts. What are they feeling? How are they processing the information they are receiving? How does this change from one moment to the next? What past or present elements are influencing their reactions? If it’s a post, make sure not to forget to give your partner something to work with as well!

🍊 Let’s Dialogue This! In a post or drabble, concentrate solely on the dialogue. What are they saying? What is the context? Experiment with tones and speech patterns. Try removing the word ‘said’ and replacing it with other words or phrases. Break up large speeches with a bit of action, a laugh, or a change in tone or delivery. In addition, reading your dialogue aloud will help you to feel out what is a natural spoken sentence! Remember, people speak differently than how we write. If doing this in drabble form, try imagining a typical conversation your character would have with someone close to them. If you’re going to do this in a post, make sure to communicate with your thread partner(s) so as not to overwhelm them with too much dialogue and/or not give them enough to respond to otherwise.

🍊 The Cake Challenge! Everybody loves cake! Cakes have layers! Taking the elements of setting, vocabulary, action, introspection, and dialogue as practiced in the above prompts, try to implement them in a drabble, post, or other writing project. A good way to practice this is by organizing them into their own separate paragraphs however you feel is best logically. For example, you could use the first paragraph as your setting paragraph, then introspection, action, and dialogue in subsequent paragraphs and tying them together as you go. As you get more comfortable, try implementing these elements by sprinkling them throughout each paragraph, focusing on the natural progression.

🍊Some Perspective on Tense. Writing in the same tense can get a bit boring if done all the time. Try mixing it up by writing a piece in a different perspective and tense than you’re used to. Pick one of your characters and write a drabble, vignette, or diary/journal post. Experiment with First and Second Person as well as past, present, and future tenses. You never know what might come out of it!

🍊In the Absence of Adverbs. If you’re writing is feeling a bit too bloated, try reducing the amount of adverbs used. Take a recent previously written post or piece and specifically look for the amount of adverbs you used there. Rewrite this piece removing the adverbs and reworking it where necessary so the effect/impact remains the same. Similarly, in a new post or writing piece, write while using no adverbs. (If necessary, edit afterwards to remove any strays that might have snuck in.) Now, in another post or piece, write while consciously thinking about adverbs and their use. When you come to one, question it. If it’s important, add it in. If it’s not needed, don’t.

--------------------

"but the world was a lot bigger than my mother told me.
and it occurred to me once or twice that i could go anywhere in it."

DISCORD: WAYWARDPUN#6987
PM
^
kacey clarisse piper
 Posted: Jun 24 2018, 11:20 AM

baby, it's meant to be.

nymph
  a fairytale forest
  18 years old
  single
  pansexual
  she/her
  lauren (she/her)
 7 POSTS

awards

who would've guessed that i would be doing this

POSTING PROMPTS

🥝 Clear out your THREE oldest owes! 🥝 Respond to the last longest post you received.
🥝 Write a post every day for a week (seven consecutive days; previous prompts can be used, meaning: if you’ve posted for prompts on seven consecutive days, they count!)
🥝 Write THREE (3) posts in 24 hours!
🥝 Write FIVE (5) posts in 24 hours!
🥝 Insta-reply to the last post you received!🥝 Write a post anywhere in the Animated Realm.
🥝 Write a post anywhere in the Real World🥝 Post for the same character TWICE in a row (can be two posts with one of your characters or two posts for the same character belonging to someone else. Rapid-fire threads will work really nice for this!) 🥝 Write a post where your character is doing a summer-related activity! (i.e. beach times, hanging with friends, at a park, visiting an amusement park, etc.)🥝 Write a post for a Past thread. 🥝 Write a post for a Future thread.
🥝 Write a post for a Lass character (either your own or someone else’s)!🥝 Post in a thread where the weather is warm!
🥝 Write a post for a thread set in an Alternate Universe. 🥝 Reply to a “feelsy” thread (whatever your definition of feelsy is!)
🥝 Tie up those loose ends! Work with a partner to finish a current thread that you have. 🥝 30 Minute Dash! Picking any post you’d like, set a timer and try and complete a reply within 30 minutes. 🥝 Write a post for a past event! (Harry Potter, Spring Ren Faire, Harvest Feast, etc.). If you’re new and haven’t been involved in any of our past events, that’s okay! There are subforums in the Past and Alternate Universe forums for them and you are more than welcome to start a thread there!
🥝 Complete a month-long Post-A-Day!
PM
^
✧ALLIE
 Posted: Jun 24 2018, 06:06 PM

she moved like a storm someone had given steel to.

the blue-eyed bandit
  rebel of the sands
  26 years old
  pringle
  jinsexual
  she/her
  allie (she/her)
 186 POSTS

awards

posting promptsdevelopment challenges

completed: 3/18

--------------------

"but the world was a lot bigger than my mother told me.
and it occurred to me once or twice that i could go anywhere in it."

DISCORD: WAYWARDPUN#6987
PM
^
★AMANDA
 Posted: Jun 24 2018, 11:26 PM

We must do better..

Betty Cooper
  Riverdale
  24 years old
  WITH EDS
  IN LOVE
  SHE/HER
  AMANDA (SHE/HER)
 655 POSTS

awards

WIP but here's a start >_>

LONGEST POST RECEIVED : tentative owe: audra/cal (@ 1404)
SHORTEST POST RECEIVED : yours if you want it delia/eli, jun. 27
INSTA-REPLY : i'd like it if you stayed audra/cal HS AU, jul. 2 bc RIP me
ANIMATED REALM : tentative owe: richard/lyn
REAL WORLD : moving day robin/joy jun. 29
SUMMERY ACTIVITY : turn it all around tina/andi, jul. 11
PAST THREAD : tentative owe: jumping into tahlia/ter/lulu mebbe???
FUTURE THREAD : tentative owe: richard/giselle (for valentines sad times)
POST FOR A LASS : tentative owe: kaito/alex
WARM WEATHER POST : tbd???
ALTERNATE UNIVERSE : i'd like it if you stayed audra/cal HS AU, jul. 1
FEELSY :
    SAD FEELS : there's no place like home tahlia/xiaoli, jun. 28
    SOFT FEELS : tentative owe: tahlia/terence (one or the other, various feels to be had)
    ANGEREY FEELS : i realized i have no mad!threads. tbd
FINISH A THREAD : also tbd
PAST EVENT POST : tentative owe: audra/rowan (HF blizzard)
START AN IMPORTANT DEVELOPMENT THREAD™ : tbd

PAST ONE-SHOT :
FUTURE ONE-SHOT :
DREAM/NIGHTMARE :
PERSPECTIVE PLAYLIST :
O U T F I T S :
HANDWRITING HEADCANONS :
THEME SONG PLAYLIST :
STREAM OF CONSCIOUSNESS DRABBLE :
COLOR HEADCANONS :

100 CHALLENGE :
    writing 100 words of a n y t h i n g for the month of july:
    [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31]

ENVIRONMENTAL :
ACTION WORDS :
POV & T E N S E :

and i was gonna do the adverb one but i'm not ready to let go of them lmao
PM
^
✧POND
 Posted: Jul 1 2018, 10:43 PM

This is what I was waiting for!.

goro akechi
  persona 5
  17 years old
  single
  straight
  he/him
  pond (she/her)
 701 POSTS

awards

amanda said i could steal her pretty stuff >>

THREE OLDEST OWES :
LAST LONGEST POST RECEIVED :
LAST SHORTEST POST RECEIVED : kingdom playground -- olaf//zeta
DAILY FOR A WEEK :
THREE IN 24 :
    ONE:
    TWO:
    THREE:
FIVE IN 24 :
INSTA-REPLY : i think i see the future -- iorek//sean
ANIMATED REALM : beary good friends -- iorek//lydia
REAL WORLD : next steps -- moriko//kazuki
SAME CHARACTER TWICE IN A ROW :
SUMMERY ACTIVITY :
PAST THREAD : who's that in the darkness -- andi//nixie
FUTURE THREAD : prepared to soar -- naus//patrick
POST FOR A LASS : reconnection -- andi//lana
WARM WEATHER POST : music in the park -- emilia//gael
ALTERNATE UNIVERSE : hunting we go -- naus//victor
FEELSY : the talk -- molly//jace
FINISH A THREAD :
30 MINUTE REPLY : shiny shiny -- barnaby//lyn
PAST EVENT POST : as fate would decree -- olaf//gisli
START AN IMPORTANT DEVELOPMENT THREAD™ : don't underestimate me -- janine//brenna
POST A DAY : here

--------------------
You're like the thing that makes the universe explode
POND
7/2:
I'm back from my graduation trip! I'm gonna try to get my butt back in gear for posting asap- but I also got a switch so I'm really distracted with that as well. If you have a friend code, hit me up!!

I'm always available to chat, answer questions, etc. on Discord at Lindylemonn#4814!
Into the colors of a world I've never known
PM
^
★SAM
 Posted: Jul 5 2018, 11:03 PM

If i'm dead nobody else can get hurt because of me.

sam winchester
  supernatural
  24 years old
  awkward nerd
  PANSEXUAL
  HE/HIM
  SAM (SHE/HER)
 391 POSTS

awards

POSTING PROMPTS
    🥝 Clear out your THREE oldest owes!
    🥝 Respond to the last longest post you received.

🥝 Write a post every day for a WEEK (seven consecutive days; previous prompts can be used, meaning: if you’ve posted for prompts on seven consecutive days, they count!)

Write THREE (3) posts in 24 HOURS!
    Write FIVE (5) posts in 24 HOURS!

INSTA-REPLY / flower g l e a m and g l o w

Write a post anywhere in the Animated Realm. Write a post anywhere in the Real WorldPost for the SAME character TWICE in a row (can be two posts with one of your characters or two posts for the same character belonging to someone else. Rapid-fire threads will work really nice for this!)

Write a post where your character is doing a summer-related activity! (i.e. beach times, hanging with friends, at a park, visiting an amusement park, etc.)🥝 Write a post for a Past thread.

🥝 Write a post for a Future thread.

Write a post for a Lass character (either your own or someone else’s)!🥝 Post in a thread where the weather is warm!

🥝 Write a post for a thread set in an Alternate Universe.

🥝 Reply to a “feelsy” thread (whatever your definition of feelsy is!)

🥝 Tie up those loose ends! Work with a partner to finish a current thread that you have.

🥝 30 MINUTE DASH! Picking any post you’d like, set a timer and try and complete a reply within 30 minutes.

🥝 Write a post for a past event! (Harry Potter, Spring Ren Faire, Harvest Feast, etc.). If you’re new and haven’t been involved in any of our past events, that’s okay! There are subforums in the Past and Alternate Universe forums for them and you are more than welcome to start a thread there!

🥝 COMPLETE A MONTH-LONG POST-A-DAY! Create a Post-A-Day tracker (if you haven’t already) either in your thread tracker or development board to track your posts for 30 days. Posts for previous prompts can be included so long as they occur on separate days!
DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES
    🍉 Create an aesthetic for one of your characters and post it in your development forum (or elsewhere on site if you don’t have one yet). You can do this however you’d like from coded mood boards (you can find these on coding resource sites like Caution or Shadowplay) to graphics, it’s up to you. Canva is a good site for the latter and an alternative to photoshop!
    🍉 Write a ONE-SHOT related to your character’s PAST.

🍉 Write a ONE-SHOT related to your character’s FUTURE.

🍉 Write about a dream/nightmare your character has had.

🍉 Write about your character’s personal living space and how they are within that space whether alone or with others or both.

🍉 Pick a point in your character’s timeline (can be past/from their canon history or app, present, or future) and create a playlist for it. Bonus points if you write up a little explanation or background info on it but it’s not required!

🍉 Using astrology, explain whether or not your character’s star sign suits them and why! You can get as in depth with this as you want.

🍉 Describe a typical outfit your character would wear and why.

🍉 Make a list of at least 10 little known facts about your character.

🍉 Find a font that closely resembles your character’s handwriting. Do you have any handwriting headcanons? SHARE THEM!

🍉 EXPLORE & DESCRIBE how certain relationships (of any kind) have shaped your character’s personality or how you play them! Relationships can be canon or merely from plotting on site, past, present, or future.

🍉 Assign a “theme song” to each of your character’s current threads and make a playlist out of it!

🍉 Let’s get inside their heads! Try writing a drabble for your character in a stream of consciousness style.

🍉 Write about your character’s favorite color and how it relates to them!

🍉 AN ACROSTIC PERSONALITY: using your character’s name (either their first or full names) list personality traits that begin with each letter and explain!

🍉 “No (hu)man is an island entire of itself.” How does your character view their place/role in the world? Do they see themselves in the bigger picture or is their focus on themselves alone and/or their immediate vicinity? How much, if at all, do they depend on their friends and family or their support system? WRITE ABOUT IT!

🍉 Their canon aside, if your character’s life were a movie, what GENRE/SUB-GENRE would it be and why?

🍉 Create a BUCKET LIST for your character!

--------------------

KRYPTONITE

Clark kent believes in you, and I do to.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

topic options
addreply
fastreply
newthread
newpoll

static affiliates | status: open