ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY -> Edge of my Emotions
click to rearrange
a bit quiet? join us on
discord!

endless diamond sky 
spotlights
PUMPKIN

Pumpkin is a gift. From the moment she joined our little family here on EDS she's been a treasure trove of exciting plots and wonderfully constructed characters. From the dainty enchanted rose to a feisty jaguar she's brought life to muses that usually lay forgotten. A talent that deserves recognition, so go show her your love.

MEMBER OF THE MONTH
PAIR OF THE MONTH

NICHOLAS ADAMS & DESIREE LABELLE

THREAD OF THE MONTH

TAKE MY HEART CLEAN APART
HELEN MALLORY & TERENCE HALLOWS

THEA MCGOVERN
charas of the month

ISABELLA CLARE
welcome!
Welcome to ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY! We are an animation personified site set both in the animated world and present day San Francisco. A terrible darkness is spreading through the animated realm, driving everyone from their homes and into unknown territory that we know as reality. Now they find themselves at a crossroads: do they fight for their world or do they turn their back on it and make San Francisco their home? What will you choose?

setting 
san francisco, calif. 2018

___

please register
first middle last
in all lowercase!
AMANDA (admin)
SAM (admin)
FOREST (admin)
POND (mod)
ALLIE (mod)
staff
DISCLAIMER:
EDS is known to cause death by soul-crushing feels. Don't forget your feels bucket.

addreply
newthread
newpoll

Edge of my Emotions, tag: Pumpkin/Desiree
nicholas philip adams
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 09:12 PM

I simply made one careless wrong decision.

Beast
  Beauty & the Beast
  32 years old
  Taken
  Heterosexual
  He/Him
  Lily ()
 142 POSTS

awards

finally made it

through the lonely to the other side

This meeting was going round in circles, “.But we don’t have an alibi” Nick stressed for about the fifth time already, “Until we have something to go on we’re not going to win this case, or even have an argument in our favour. Someone must have seen something.” He ran a hand through his hair as he thought to himself and the room murmured ideas between themselves, “So, let me put this forward, the best way I see us – “ Nick was interrupted mid sentence by a knock at the door. Perfect timing, someone let him go on a coffee break before he went insane here surrounded by these four walls and the same solutions and ideas over and over, “I’m sorry for my intrusion” the woman started anxiously. Nick waved a hand, “Trust me, you’re not, go on” he ushered shuffling in his seat and ready to suggest a break after she said whatever she had to say anyways, “Well, um, there’s an urgent call on line one for you Mr Adams”. Looking to the woman he had no idea who’d be calling him, he had no family and no obligations or meetings he should be attending. “Okay. I’ll be right there. Gentlemen, ladies, can we have some plan of action devised when I return” he stood up then as an after thought, “Please” before leaving the room through the glass door and over to the nearest phone to pick up.

Moments later a rather pale looking Nick rushed into the meeting room again, “Nicholas, we – “ a colleague began but Nick shook them off, gathering his jacket from the back of his chair and shaking his head. For once he was silent. Completely. “Are you okay?” someone found the courage to ask, “No” was all he said but he didn’t sound angry or irritated for once, instead he was quiet, distanced. Everyone just looked at this change of man. "I have to go” he said as he practically ran from the room, quite literally breaking into a run down the corridors as he skidded to a halt by the elevator which didn’t come quick enough. Stairs. Rushing down them he ran through the lobby and outside barely even stopping as he stepped off the sidewalk to flag a cab. Shortly one stopped and he jumped in, “The Hospital please. As quick as you can and there’s extra in it for you” he breathed pulling the door closed behind him.

Heart pounded in his chest. He was going to vomit. The phone call had been from the hospital, he was Desiree’s emergency contract and she’d been rushed in after an incident at the museum. He was glad she was leaving the house more but he wished she’d told him! Sure, he hadn’t been in contact much but that didn’t mean he wasn’t contactable. He wasn’t used to this relationship romance kind of thing though that didn’t mean he didn’t want to be… with her at least. Nick found himself wishing he’d called her now, swung by her place earlier, done something at least and maybe he’d be more aware of what was going on in her life and she wouldn’t have ended up… he didn’t even know?! Was she injured or sick or… or worse? He’d never forgive himself if she was severely hurt and he hadn’t been there to protect her. Wasn’t that what boyfriends were meant to do?... boyfriend… the word sounded foreign. Was that what he was? It sounded so juvenile. No matter, that wasn’t the priority right now. In the back of the cab his heart raced. Dread flooded through him. His fingers were cold to the touch as blood failed to pulse through his arteries fast enough. He felt scared. This feeling was one he couldn’t recall having often and certainly not in a while. There was so much he wanted to tell her, so much he should tell her, about him, about why he was so hesitant with them and that it was nothing to do with her, about his past, about who he was and who he wanted to be, about them… and how much he did care for her. Desiree deserved to know everything and what if he never got that chance now?! The cab driver tried to make small talk, “Just drive! Can you go faster?! This could be a life of death situation!” he demanded of the man. Nick had no time for pleasantries right now, the adrenaline coursing through him restricted him from being in control of himself and his temper.

The cab finally stopped after what felt like years and Nick practically threw cash into the drivers hand as he threw open the door urging, “Keep the change” as he ran off for the entrance without looking back. Skidding to a halt at the main desk he rushed, “You called me! Is she okay?! Where is she?!” he panicked looking at the blank woman as if she was to read his mind, “Please take a deep breath sir – “, “I don’t want to take a deep breath! I want to know if Des is okay!?!" He shouted, “Sir, please do not shout at me” the woman started and cut Nick off as his mouth opened to object yet again, “Slow down, what’s you’re name and who are you here for and then I can help you”. Nick actually followed as she said and inhaled a deep breath, letting a controlled sigh exhale then tried again, “My name’s Nicholas Adams, you called me about Desiree Labelle. She was brought in here. I’m her emergency contact, she doesn’t have family here as far as I’m aware.” he had no idea where her mother lived to be honest but he knew her father wasn’t in the picture. The woman nodded typing on her computer. Nick had the urge to leap over the desk and find where Des was himself. The waiting was too much. He refrained from shouting at the poor woman just trying to do her job. Finally she gave him directions and without even a thank you Nick was rushing off to find Desiree.

“Desiree?!” Nick shouted down the corridors getting some irritated looked from people passing by but he didn’t care. Hastily turning through the corridors he counted the room numbers as the passed by him. Her door in sight Nicholas reached out for the door frame, pulling himself around it as he panted, “Des”.

Desiree Labelle | I am ready.... I think...

PM
^
desiree rose labelle
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 10:52 PM

before the last petal fell.

enchanted rose
  beauty and the beast
  26 years old
  fallingfor
  straight
  she/her
  pumpkin (she/her)
 76 POSTS

awards

It was as they wheeled her stretcher into the ambulance that Desiree slowly found herself losing consciousness. Recalling very little of the ride or even the few times she managed to open her eyes. Her faithful companion sitting on the floor near her head as he watched the medics working on her. All of this lost on her as they attempted to save the young woman's life. Treating her for hypothermia though none of them could understand how it had happened. In fact, it wasn't until she had been settled into her hospital bed and left to her own devices that she found herself coming to. Scout laying on the bed beside her facing the door, his service vest resting proudly on him as he pressed close to her. Watching the nerves come and go as they did to monitor her and make sure she wasn't any worse. Someone bringing a dog bowl to fill with water for Scout and eventually coming to leave them both alone as the shepherd nestled in close to her. Neither of them aware that Nick had been called or that he had actually been making his way to the hospital. The dull sounds of the machines continuing to beep as her chest continued to rise and fall.

The only indication that she was alive at all as she lay there so peacefully. Thermal blankets being set upon her in an effort to ensure her body temperature stabilized. Aided by the warm hospital room and fresh clothes despite the fact none of it was wet. Scout dosing in and out restlessly as he had managed to calm down now. His senses still on alert though as he would wake up against the sounds of the door clicking open and closing. Preferring to keep a careful watch over his girl to ensure she was safe. Resting his head gently down on his paws as he relaxed once more. Waking up though when he felt Desiree start to stir a little. Just as the door was opened by none other than Nick. Scout turning his head to regard the man wagging his tail gently before looking back at the pale brunette. Nudging her gently with his nose though not too much given the lines in her arms as she lay there.

Blue eyes slowly and hesitantly opening as she felt exhaustion creeping over her. Trying to recall anything of how she had ended up in the hospital, but it was foggy and uncertain. Attempting to shift a little as she tried to ignore the sounds of the constant beeping medical machines by her head. Feeling a little disoriented as she recalled only that she had seen the medics arrive before blacking out altogether. Whether from the knowledge she would be okay or just unable to handle the stresses wrecking havoc on her body. Feeling the gentle brush of a nose under one of her hands as she slowly let her head fall to the side. Seeing Scout as she gave a weak smile. Not yet aware of Nick or anything for that matter as she let her thumb brush over his nose.

"That's my good boy," she said weakly wishing she could hug him tight.

Knowing this couldn't have been easy on the German shepherd. Yet, he had proved to be strong and disciplined for her as he kept close to her. His chocolate brown eyes not daring to leave her own as she sighed softly. Only then did she hear a voice cut through the fog making her look away from Scout. Following the line of sight to that of a man...no, not any man...Nicholas..Nick.

"Nick," she said coughing as she tried to sit up but her body protested the simple move.

Just keeping her eyes open was hard enough without attempting to sit up as well. Resigning herself to the fact that she was stuck here for the time being. Assuming nothing else happened though she didn't even really understand what had happened now. One moment she had been touching a cold hand then she was here in the hospital. Coughing a few times as she groaned knowing it must have been bad for Nick to come down from work. Scout still looking between the two of them as he seemed to relax a little more knowing she would be alright. Attempting to maintain some form of awareness but that was becoming harder by the moment. Yet, she tried to fight it anyways...if only to make sure it was really him. It had to be...didn't it?

{ nicholas philip adams | 761 | poor Nick <3 }
kookie @ shine

--------------------
Avi by Sam
PM
^
nicholas philip adams
 Posted: Apr 13 2018, 07:37 PM

I simply made one careless wrong decision.

Beast
  Beauty & the Beast
  32 years old
  Taken
  Heterosexual
  He/Him
  Lily ()
 142 POSTS

awards

finally made it

through the lonely to the other side

Relief flooded through Nick at he stood in the doorway staring at the frail looking brunette he’d so come to care for. He wished he could just kiss her and make her better; such actions had power in his world it was said but none of that had any place in this world. Everything here ripped at your heart when someone was injured. A fear clouded around Nick. It was a feeling he hadn’t felt in a long time and one he’d rather have avoided the rest of his life too. Desiree, having noticed him, coughed his name. Shaking his head he rushed over to her, “Don’t try sit up for me. Relax, take it easy, look after yourself” he urged as he moved to stand by her beside.

“Desiree…” he started. She was so pale. What had happened to her? Did he need to go seek someone out and make them pay for this or had it been an illness he hadn’t been around to notice? Was it all his fault for not saying something sooner? But she was alive. She was awake. He didn’t know what he’d do without her. She was the shining light in his life right now, she made him want to be a good person. Leaning down he kissed her forehead gently, “I should have been around more. What happened? Do – do they know?” he asked blinking back any sign of emotion, any watering eyes or tears. He’d been so scared and now seeing her here before him he felt so thankful and everything was just crashing down on him at once. She was here in the hospital. She was being looked after. He didn’t need to worry now.

Looking behind him he turned fully to collect a chair sitting by the window. Pulling it over, he sat down, still edging his way till he was as close as he could get to his girl. Taking her hand in his he rested his head on top of hers, kissing her hand gently, “You scared me Des. They didn’t tell me anything other than you had been rushed in here. I thought… I… well, I don’t know what I thought but I thought the worst and I couldn’t…” he couldn’t bare to lose her knowing she never knew the truth about him, about how he felt about her, everything. In that moment on the phone, on his journey over here, he felt emotions he had thought himself incapable of feeling anymore. He’d deny every word of it now but he wouldn’t be able to deny it forever. The thought of not being able to tell her was unthinkable.

He’d always been protective of Desiree. From the moment they’d met he’d felt the need to look after her, some close connection he couldn’t explain. He couldn’t lose that one person in his life like that. The sun beamed through the curtains just making her look even paler. She was sick and it now only frustrated him that he wasn’t a doctor and he didn’t know how to make her better. “Is there anything you need or want?” he asked her softly still holding her hand carefully as if she may break. Nick’s eyes strayed over her: her lips had lost their lustrous colour; her cheeks were as pale as her skin, he eyes slightly hollow with their surrounding shadows. She could barely move or talk but he’d wait all day for a reply if it would make her happier or more comfortable. He wanted nothing else for her, “I’m here for you darling” he encouraged her.

desiree rose labelle | have some feeeels

PM
^
desiree rose labelle
 Posted: Apr 13 2018, 08:26 PM

before the last petal fell.

enchanted rose
  beauty and the beast
  26 years old
  fallingfor
  straight
  she/her
  pumpkin (she/her)
 76 POSTS

awards

She stared at him for several minutes as though trying to commit him to her memory. Her blue eyes dulled by the illness that was currently plaguing her system at this moment. There were so many things she wanted to say to him...but her body could barely formulate a single thought. Settling for a faint if not exhausted smile at the knowledge that he had been there when she woke. A small part of her murmuring that it could always be that way if she let it. Quickly shaking her head of the thoughts as she continued that small action of stroking Scout's muzzle. Grateful that whatever had happened at the museum had not led to frostbite, but that didn't mean she was out of the woods. Even if a large part of her wanted nothing more than to leave here. She hated being in the hospital...even more so the fact she didn't know anywhere here. Leaving her with nothing, but strangers as Scout nudged her hand reminding her that she wasn't quite alone. Hearing Nick quickly making his way to her insisting she not sit up and merely rest.

Wanting to argue, but there was hardly any point to it as she reluctantly nodded her head. Coughing some as she tried to nestle in under the blankets a little more. Her body shivering every so often though thankfully not nearly as bad as it had been during the initial attack. Looking up at Nick as he crossed to her bedside standing there tentatively. Hearing her name spring from his lips making her heart warm. Closing her eyes as she felt him gently lean down to kiss her head. Asking her with concern and worry as to what had happened to her. Something she wasn't even sure she could explain herself really. Her memory was distorted at best as she lay there against her pillow. Scout moving to the end of the bed now to let Nick see to her.

"The doctors....said I was suffering from severe hypothermia. I..I didn't realize how cold it was today. Thought...thought I could do it," she said coughing a little as she struggled to stay awake.

Worried that if she went to fall asleep now, Nick would cease to exist and it would end up being a wonderful dream. Granted, one didn't usually envision herself in a hospital bed for a romantic dream. Her hand that had been rubbing over Scout's nose now laying on her side before attempting to reach however weakly for him. Her body exhausted by the fight to stay alive against the freezing cold temperatures that had been present. She would be lucky if she didn't get further complications for the severity of it. Closing her eyes as she tried to relax in the hospital bed, hearing Nick fetch a chair to pull up close to her side. Letting her head rest on its side to regard him looking as he reached for one of her hands. Closing her eyes as she felt immense relief at the simple act of feeling his much warmer hand against her own. Her body drained of all energy as though someone held a large weight on her.

She probably looked like hell too and that was even without taking a swim in freezing cold water. Sighing gently as she cast her eyes down upon their eyes for a moment or two. Then he was pressing his head against her own and for a moment she found herself imagining a life she hadn't considered in years. Cut from her thoughts as Nick explained how scared he was having heard that she'd been rushed to the emergency room. Unable to even formulate words that could satisfy the feeling of loss he may well have dealt with if she hadn't survived. Almost wishing now she hadn't put him as her contact, but they had both agreed that she needed someone in her contacts. Seeing him there...she knew that fate was giving her a chance at a second happy ending. To know she almost hadn't made it....it hurt her to think Nick may never have known her true feelings. Opening her mouth to say the words that desperately needed to get out, but the words ran dry.

Thankfully, Nick was talking asking her what if anything she could possibly want. What did she want? She knew the nurses would probably be by to check on her soon. If they weren't already on their way...still feeling that initial chill within her frame. Almost like a ghost that lingered long after the initial shock. Swallowing back against the dryness in her throat as she tried to locate something to drink but she wasn't even sure if she could have anything. His hand still held firmly against her own as Scout got down to get himself some water. Hearing him call her darling as she locked eyes against his own. For a moment there was silence as she held on weakly to his hand.

"I wouldn't be opposed to you lay beside me...if..just for a moment. I..I just..I don't really want to be alone right now. All I really want is you...because...because somewhere down the line I've fallen in love with you. I love you Nick. I probably shouldn't..but it's the truth and all I could think about was the idea that I may never have had the chance to say it....to let you know how I feel about you," she whispered softly against his head as she felt the first tears slid down her face. Ignoring the occasional shaking of her form as she lay there in the bed...disrupted by the sounds of the machine and the dog drinking water near by.

{ nicholas philip adams | 952 | the L word }
kookie @ shine

--------------------
Avi by Sam
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

topic options
addreply
newthread
newpoll

static affiliates | status: open