ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY -> can't thwomp this
click to rearrange
a bit quiet? join us on
discord!

endless diamond sky 
spotlights
LAUREN

Our resident meme queen, Lauren is always a positive figure in the chat and on site, and we're glad to have her! It's a blast to watch her colorful array of characters interact with others, from SF native Theo to our favorite misguided stepsister Alex. Whether she's plotting, posting, or just being herself, she never fails to bring smiles to our faces.

MEMBER OF THE MONTH
PAIR OF THE MONTH

INGRID GRIMOIRE & SEDRICK SHELLEY

THREAD OF THE MONTH

YOU PICKED ME
GABRIEL RICHTER & KATHERINE BELLAMY

COLLEEN JAMESON
charas of the month

ELIJAH HAYES
welcome!
Welcome to ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY! We are an animation personified site set both in the animated world and present day San Francisco. A terrible darkness is spreading through the animated realm, driving everyone from their homes and into unknown territory that we know as reality. Now they find themselves at a crossroads: do they fight for their world or do they turn their back on it and make San Francisco their home? What will you choose?

setting 
san francisco, calif. 2018

___

please register
first middle last
in all lowercase!
AMANDA (admin)
SAM (admin)
FOREST (admin)
POND (mod)
ALLIE (mod)
staff
DISCLAIMER:
EDS is known to cause death by soul-crushing feels. Don't forget your feels bucket.

addreply
newthread
newpoll

can't thwomp this, liz/mel!
theodore james preston
 Posted: Dec 3 2017, 11:24 PM

sneaking in food to a movie theater is a federal offense..

Real World OC
  real life
  25 years old
  single
  heterosexual
  he/him
  Lauren (she/her)
 117 POSTS

awards

so I'ma get stronger
Theo was super excited. He had scrimped and saved for months and finally could buy a Nintendo Switch. This was super exciting for him as he never got to buy anything interesting for himself since he only ever used his money to buy food for himself and pay for rent. He had even bought Mario Kart which was one of his favorite games ever since he was a child. Sure, he might have to live off of ramen for the next few weeks, but it was totally worth it. He probably had a twisted sense of what "worth it" really was due to the drastic change in his socio-economic level, but that was completely besides the point here.

To make things more interesting, he had invited his friend Mel over to play with him. Theo hadn't even played it before but he was sure the combination of his skills from playing the previous version and her probably never playing this before would help ensure his win. He wasn't usually this cocky, but odds were definitely in his favor. To prepare for this competition, he had watched videos on YouTube of different strategies for different courses so he would have the upper-hand, but not actually play the game. It was kind of cheating, but there was no way that she would find out unless she got access to his laptop's history.

Hearing a knock on the front door of his apartment, he quickly checked his hair, as it always seemed to have a mind of its own, then opened it. "Hey Scary Spice." He gestured to the inside of his small home. "Come on in." After she walked inside, he shut the door behind her and plopped down in front of the TV so he could set up the game. The console was already hooked up, so he just had to put the game disk in. "You ready to get you ass kicked at Mario Kart?" Theo handed her one of the controllers for her to use. He was never one to back down from a challenge, even if it was with a pretty girl. "I haven't even played the game yet to even the playing field, but I'm pretty sure you can't beat me." His obvious false bravado almost made him laugh at how stupid he sounded. "Oh, and I have some of those delicious chocolates that you love so much if you get hungry."

405 words
PM
^
melaina morgan black
 Posted: Dec 5 2017, 12:39 AM

-neigh- -snort- -stamps hooves-.

nightmare
  rise of the guardians
  26 years old
  crushing
  pansexual
  she/her
  liz (she/her)
 63 POSTS

awards

I WANNA BE YOUR JOEY RAMONE. YEAH, YEAH, YEAH, YEAH. PICTURES OF ME ON YOUR BEDROOM DOOR. YEAH, YEAH, YEAH, YEAH. INVITE YOU BACK AFTER THE SHOW. YEAH, YEAH, YEAH, YEAH. I'M THE QUEEN OF ROCK AND ROLL.
Mel knew her fair share of videogames. Maybe she wasn't the most informed or up to date, but she knew what she liked, what she was good at, and so far sticking with that criteria had yet to steer her wrong. She had a PlayStation 4, but that was only because someone at work had been completely stupid enough to put it up in a bet. Nintendo's latest creation was mostly still a stranger to her, but she wasn't ignorant; she knew to do her homework if she wanted to eliminate her chances of being annihilated. At the same time, how much different could this Mario Kart be from any other iteration? She wasn't worried. Maybe she should have been, but between her attitude and bullheaded competitiveness, there was no room left. She wasn't really sure if Theo was aware of what he'd brought upon himself. If memory served her, they had talked about games before, but they had yet to actually play against one another. Such were her wonderings as her motorcycle weaved through the streets. It wasn't necessary, but the small (and beat up) black backpack sling over one shoulder ensured she had plenty of snacks— always a concern of hers, honestly, and the last thing she wanted to do was eat everything someone else had— not to mention her driving essentials, but most important were the snacks. Hopefully her soda wasn't too shaken. The nickname had become one she was admittedly fond of; not many managed that, other than plain old Mel. "Yo," she returned with a smile, slipping off the backpack as she followed Theo in, then tending to the zipper of her precious leather jacket with her provisions at her feet. "Uhh, you talkin' to me? I think you got it wrong, boy," she rejected with a laugh. The jacket was tossed aside somewhere, just before she accepted the controller. It was a little different than what she was used to, but not largely. She'd be fine. His pride, not so much, but she was confident he'd live. Another line of sass sat waiting on her tongue, while she settled herself next to him, when his own stopped her. Fucking really? The damn chocolate thing again. "You think you're so damn funny don't you?" she said dryly, shaking her head and looking at the tv. She'd almost said cute; same intention, but something had stopped her and insisted on switching words. Fine; if she hadn't already been determined enough to beat him, she certainly was now. "I brought my own snacks thank you very much. I also brought some bandages for your pride after this, just so you know, when you need 'em. And you will." She glanced at the controller to press the button for player two to join, and quickly narrowed down who she wanted. "I'm gonna be Boo, I think... So like, is this the same old Mario Kart or did they fuck it all up with new stuff? New worlds obviously but it's still just racing?" Mel paused. "Kind of a dumb question but oh well."
tag: theodore james preston • notes: 514 words or something w/e BRING IT
PM
^
theodore james preston
 Posted: Dec 19 2017, 12:20 AM

Real World OC
  real life
  25 years old
  single
  heterosexual
  he/him
  Lauren (she/her)
 117 POSTS

awards

so I'ma get stronger
Theo was fairly sure that he could figure out how to play this game correctly so that he would actually beat Mel. The controls were simple enough and were very similar to the ones from previous Wii games that he had played in his youth. It was just ensuring that it wasn't super suspicious that he already knew how some of the courses went that concerned him the most, she wouldn't realize that he had done a little bit of cheating. It wasn't something that he was particularly proud of, but he wasn't bad at lying when he needed to. However, he just felt weird about lying to Mel since they were such good friends.

"Um, well you've never seen me tear up the race track before, so you won't know what hit you until you see my crossing that finish line first." Cue a playful, probably bordering on flirtatious, not that he actually realized it until too late, wink. Hopefully she wouldn't read too much into the wink, as it was not meant to be that way, but from past experiences, she probably wouldn't. Better safe that sorry, so he settled for a neutral facial expression to counteract the possible signals that he unintentionally gave her. Theo knew from past experiences that leading people on never ended well for either parties that were involved.

Her reply about the chocolates only seemed to fuel his want to beat her at this game, possibly to prove some point that he just couldn't think of at the moment. "Yeah, I actually do, so get with it." He settled into the couch, fidgeting with the remote that he held in his hands. Normally, Theo was never the fidget-y type, even when around people that made him nervous, but today was different for whatever strange reason. "Well, they are always there, just in case you run out of the snacks that you brought with you. And those bandages will not be needed at all after you are inevitably obliterated." To top off the self-assured statement, he smirked at his friend, knowing that there was some sort of witty response that she would come up with.

"Wait, you've never seen me play Mario Kart because..." he carefully maneuvered his remote to start the game, stating that he wanted it to be multiplayer. "I'm going to be- WAAHLUIGIIIIII!" Theo's face probably turned red from the suddenly loud and obnoxious words that he said, not due to embarrassment but because of the amount of air he inhaled to be able to do so properly. He probably even scared the neighbors, which he had done a few times before. "From what I'm aware, they're pretty much the same, with some older worlds from older games, probably the DS." He shook his head as a way to agree with Mel. "They usually do this, though, so it's nothing new. Anyways, ready to lose?"

485 words
PM
^
melaina morgan black
 Posted: Dec 19 2017, 03:41 AM

nightmare
  rise of the guardians
  26 years old
  crushing
  pansexual
  she/her
  liz (she/her)
 63 POSTS

awards

I WANNA BE YOUR JOEY RAMONE. YEAH, YEAH, YEAH, YEAH. PICTURES OF ME ON YOUR BEDROOM DOOR. YEAH, YEAH, YEAH, YEAH. INVITE YOU BACK AFTER THE SHOW. YEAH, YEAH, YEAH, YEAH. I'M THE QUEEN OF ROCK AND ROLL.
Mel knew that wink meant nothing, and yet her mind tucked it away for later like it was some kind of important information to analyze. It wasn't, absolutely not worth a second thought. Theo didn't think about her like that-- and she didn't think of him like that either, so it was dumb, and she was here to competitively slaughter his ass anyway. Back on track, she pushed that aside with an eyeroll and slight smile and went on smoothly with her snark and sass. Her charm, she liked to think, as if there really was a charming cell in her body. Well, she had gotten this far somehow. Maybe there was. Her appetite really didn't need the encouragement. While it wasn't like she would object to eating food that wasn't hers, if someone said she could (or even if they didn't), food could be expensive. Good food, anyway. Food you actually wanted to eat, or at least didn't mind having to eat. She had a bad habit of not controlling herself. Theo was... well, honestly, disposition for being a little shit aside, Theo was nice to her, which wasn't to say that people usually weren't, but it wasn't exactly something she had known or something she had surrounded herself with in the crowds she'd managed to fit into during her time in the city-- which was getting grossly sentimental about it, but she cared about making sure she didn't eat him out of house and home. Unless he somehow did manage to win this game, in which case maybe she would do it on purpose. "Oooh, big words," she said, mockingly pretending to be impressed. "You keep talkin' a big game; are you sure you're not compensating for something?" She looked at him, eyebrows raised slightly. It took a second for what she had said to catch up to her head, and there was that unsure feeling again. Dick jokes were fair game, weren't they? Had she made dick jokes with Theo before? Fuck, what if she hadn't? Was that inappropriate? Well, no, of course it was and that's why it was in her repertoire of clearly very sophisticated comedic material, but now she was thinking about things she did not want to think about, like-- well-- and how she hadn't really noticed before that he looked really cute when he smirked-- and she looked at the tv, internally groaning at her rookie mistake and jets thoroughly cooled. Mario Kart. Kicking ass. Boo. She could do this. If there had been anything Mel was expecting, it wasn't at all what happened. The sound visibly startled her, jumping slightly, but she hardly minded, almost immediately bursting into laughter. "What the fuck was that!?" she asked, still laughing but trying to calm down. "Jesus, fine, be Waluigi you waluweirdo." That had potential to be a problem. If he did that voice while they were playing, she knew she'd laugh. The fact that he could do it as well as he did was funny enough. She'd just have to try and stay focused and remember she'd beaten many a cocky challenger on a racetrack before. Just not these specific ones-- but there was no reason she couldn't add Theo to that list. "Yeah you wish," she said dismissively while briefly making sure her character and car were all set. "Let's go."
tag: theodore james preston • notes: 559 words • jfc he threw her off with that waluigi screech
PM
^
theodore james preston
 Posted: Dec 31 2017, 07:36 PM

Real World OC
  real life
  25 years old
  single
  heterosexual
  he/him
  Lauren (she/her)
 117 POSTS

awards

so I'ma get stronger
Theo knew that he should not have brought up the chocolate incident, as funny as it was to him. This only meant that Mel would work even harder to try to beat him since it was such a sore subject to her, making his job even harder. Playing Mario Kart wasn't particularly hard, but this new game most likely had various mechanics that she would figure out before he did, even with his preparations. He had no idea what she would demand if she were to win, which could be practially anything, knowing her. It might have something to do with food as that was something that she liked a lot and if that were the case, she would be somewhat out of luck as he didn't have many different options on hand in his apartment. Theo had planned on going grocery shopping the next day and was somewhat regretting not doing it before she came over, even if she did bring snacks with her.

"Yeah, big words are what you learn when you go to college. Not that my linguistics degree is doing shit for me now." He rolled his eyes, both at him not using his degree to his benefit and her dick joke that followed. "And no, not for-" He raised an eyebrow. "I'm just compensating for my current living and economic situation." He would've continued on with that statement, but there was a little bit of tension in the room that needed defusing, that's where his Waluigi impression would come into play. Theo wasn't even sure if dick jokes had been a thing that they had done in the past. Maybe she would forget the fact that she had even brought it up in the first place. That would probably be for the best since there definitely was some awkwardness now between the two of them now that their friendship had morphed into what it was now.

Her reaction to his impression was better than he had originally assumed. Her laughter was something that he had to keep in mind while actually playing since it could throw her off in the case that she was ahead of him. "It's an impression. Jeez." Theo shook his head as he chose the man in purple clothing as his character, choosing a basic kart for his character to use. "Of course I am, I'm just emphasizing that he is the only character that I would use for this game." He smiled, satisfied with his choices, before pushing a button to say that he wanted to move on to choose the course. "Uh-huh. And what do you want if you somehow manage to win other than the satisfaction of winning?" Theo seriously hoped it wasn't something that cost too much money as payday wasn't for another week for both of his jobs. "So I chose that we're doing a versus race, so what track do you want to do first? There's four that we do before the final rankings are shown." He had seen videos for most of the courses, but there were still a few that he had yet to see.

522 words
melaina morgan black track options waluigi is an icon ok
PM
^
melaina morgan black
 Posted: Jan 6 2018, 03:34 PM

nightmare
  rise of the guardians
  26 years old
  crushing
  pansexual
  she/her
  liz (she/her)
 63 POSTS

awards

Mel left it alone after that, perfectly content to forget it had ever happened, but she did wonder. Not about that, but other things about him, things they hadn't really talked much about because, well, why? She didn't need to know, and half the time she was sure it probably seemed she wouldn't even be interested. He didn't know where she was from or what she was. She knew he'd been more well off than this growing up-- or at least she had the inkling of it. Had he told her that? She couldn't really remember for sure offhand like that, not like she was trying very hard however, but she did at the very least get that feeling from what she did know. Well off enough to go to college for linguistics of all things. What even was that, anyway? Apparently not something widely useful; that was for sure. Maybe she just didn't understand the point of higher education. Just another thing about this world she still didn't get, apparently. "Did linguistics help you pick that up?" she teased, smirking, briefly unsure after the fact if maybe teasing him about something he'd spent thousands of dollars for that wasn't even helping him was a... well, a nice thing to do, but that was just ridiculous. There was nothing nice in how Mel teased anyone, just varying degrees of how much it stung that hinged on how well she liked a person. Baffled by his apparent love for the purple villain (he tried, bless his shriveled heart; Mel appreciated that), she just shook her head. It could have been worse, after all. He could have been all gung-ho for the typical "good guy" characters; boring. Raccoon Mario, for instance, fat little fucker in a furry suit. "Ooh, I get something? I didn't think of that. Huh..." She paused in thought, brows furrowing in habit. "I dunno yet." Probably food. Pizza, but the habit was starting to burn a little hole in her pocket, and she knew Theo didn't exactly make the big bucks either. Well, they'd just have to see who won, in the end, and go from there. Even though it would be her. "Oh, okay. Same as ever then. Umm..." She nodded slightly as she watched the screen. "Nothing with Rainbow Road yet. It's too soon for that kind of rage." It wasn't much of an answer, but elimination counted just as much as picking something. Besides: anyone who knew anything about Mario Kart knew that Rainbow Road ruined lives. She perked up a little with an idea, even a little smile. "Ooh, where's the one with Boo's mansion in it? I wanna do that one," she decided. "What if you win?" The question was a little late, but it was better late than never. It also wasn't really fair to get his hopes up, but... hey, where would a nightmare be without a little dashed hope now and then?
tag: theodore james preston • notes: 492 words • weee should talk about how to write the racing bit. >> also i feel like i didn't give you much to work with so if you feel that too then plz just tell me and i'll rework it!
PM
^
theodore james preston
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 01:44 AM

Real World OC
  real life
  25 years old
  single
  heterosexual
  he/him
  Lauren (she/her)
 117 POSTS

awards

so I'ma get stronger
"Possibly, but I'm not going to tell you that. I can't give away all of my secrets." Not like Theo had that many to begin with, but a false sense of mysteriousness was very important to him. It did help that he did have acting experience (seeing that his second job was that), but he was pretty sure that Mel would see right through it. "Okay, but you don't have to decide on it yet, as you're probably going to lose to the GOAT." He didn't even care if Mel didn't know that it stood for Greatest of All Time as his bravado was through the roof right now seeing that he was intent on beating her on this damn game.

"Yeah, I completely agree. Maybe after we get warmed up a bit?" He really hoped that she wouldn't say yes as Rainbow Road was Theo's longtime nemesis. Playing that course practically ensure that he would lose. "Boo's Mansion? That sounds like a plan And if, no when, I win..." He paused for a moment to think about what he could possibly do when he reigned victorious over Mel. "You have to ride my Vespa for a week, not your motorcycle, my sexy red and cream scooter." A slightly evil smirk formed on his lips as his brain started visualizing the so-called "punk rock ho" driving through the streets of San Francisco on the less than attractive electric scooter that he used to get around. It was a beautiful sight and Theo wanted it to occur, so he knew for certain that he had to win.

Theo carefully moved the remote to highlight the course that his friend had chose before pushing a button to select it. As the opening screen showing off the course popped up, he snuck a glance at Mel, trying his best to gauge her reaction. He had seen this one before and knew how touchy the steering was for when the track went on wonky, so he obviously had this one in the bag. Luckily, he was also able to nail the starting speed boost, allowing him to quickly speed to the front of the crowd as the race began. Theo steered his dear purple-loving friend, Waluigi, through the twisted mansion, picking up various objects and using them as he saw fit. He was so focused on doing well that he wasn't even watching the part of the screen with Mel's racer on it, intent on bumping other racers out of his way and taking the lead. He and a NPC Baby Mario had been neck-and-neck for first for the first lap and a half, but he quickly sped ahead when the other character didn't notice a banana peel right in front of him. His chosen racer glided across the finish line first and he quickly stood up, raising both of his arms victoriously. "Hah! Take that! You're going to have to step up your game if you don't want to drive my Vespa to work tomorrow or whenever you work next!" His competitive side was definitely coming out and he didn't even care.

520 words
melaina morgan black i kinda just went with the twisted mansion track since that was the only one i could find on youtube lmfao. i also am trying to lure him into a false sense of security.....
PM
^
melaina morgan black
 Posted: Apr 19 2018, 11:36 PM

nightmare
  rise of the guardians
  26 years old
  crushing
  pansexual
  she/her
  liz (she/her)
 63 POSTS

awards

If there had been something in mind that she even halfway expected Theo to wager, it wasn't that. Not that it came as a surprise, though, considering each of them. "Alright, shit, I was gonna be nice about it but have it your way then," Mel conceded, shaking her head as she trained her gaze ahead to the tv. Cocky little shit, wasn't he? Well, it took one to know one, so the saying went. She wasn't rattled yet. It took much more than idle threats to do that, although she'd have to figure out one of her own sooner or later, preferably the former. What could she even say for him that would be on par with her having to give up her baby and ride that? Well— whatever. It would come in time. He was better than she'd hoped, or at the very least he got lucky. The track went wavy at certain points, curved around to the ceiling, all sorts of fuckery. It didn't help that for the life of her, she couldn't seem to get anything useful from the boxes. Nobody gave a shit about collecting the coins! Give her a shell or something, for fuck sake, but oh no, not this race. She hadn't finished terribly, clinging to second once she had sped past the wiped out Baby Mario and somehow managed to keep him and one of the Koopa Kids at bay, but it didn't exactly bring her any peace. That was nowhere near good enough if she was going to protect her pride. She glanced up at him, an eyebrow raised, hovering somewhere between cross and almost amused. At least he got into the game; there was nothing worse (okay, some things were worse) than a passive player. "Sit down, scooter boy, we're not done yet." She waited impatiently for the next track to load up and gave herself a silent pep talk (which mostly consisted of I'm not driving a fucking Vespa around so you get your shit together and kick his ass). The racers sped through Sunshine Airport's twists, turns, and track up in the sky for a bit there. This time, the boxes didn't seem to hate her, and her speed out the gate was better than the previous race as well. That threat becoming a little more real seemed to be the fire under her that she needed, and once she managed to get King Boo up into the lead, she defended it fiercely. She kept her shells close and red megaphone (or whatever that thing was) closer, destroying blue and red shells that targeted her and keeping the distance between her and second, but she still threw items when she saw fit. It just worked to her advantage to keep something there to cover her ass. "I was given a hot pink jacket with "sexy" in big letters on the back as a gag gift once. You're gonna wear it for a week," she decided. "And I want proof."
tag: theodore james preston • notes: 499 words • cries i'm so sorry it took me 2+ months for this crap
PM
^
theodore james preston
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 02:17 PM

Real World OC
  real life
  25 years old
  single
  heterosexual
  he/him
  Lauren (she/her)
 117 POSTS

awards

so I'ma get stronger
It was fairly obvious that Theo was probably in over his head, him convinced that watching a few videos by well-known YouTubers would help his chances in winning. Watching them and understanding their strategies were very different from being able to actually execute them properly, something that the brunet didn’t grasp. However, he just had a feeling that she would pick Boo’s Mansion or whatever this iteration’s name was so he had watched a few videos on it, but he had focused on some of the “easy” courses rather than the more difficult ones. “Since when are you nice about things like this?” He rolled his eyes as he remembered other bets and nonsense that they had gotten themselves into before, with Mel almost always doing more shit than he did.

Starting first had been nice, being able to get a head start of the NPCs and more importantly, Mel, but it wasn’t held onto for long. A well-aimed red shell, probably from his largest adversary that was currently sitting next to him, wiped him out. “Fuck!” Watching as his cart flipped and Waluigi shout curses (well, wahs, but that was besides the point as he was certain that his driver was feeling the same annoyance that he was feeling) as other racers, Boo included, pass him. By the time that his cart had recovered he was in sixth. This was not good. Maybe he had underestimated his friend. Despite this, he still got several shells and other valuable set-backs from item boxes on the track that helped propel him into third place, behind Boo and Baby Mario.

Misfortune struck again, however, as a late minute shell from behind him knocked him back two places just moments before he was supposed to cross the finish line. Crossing the finish line in fourth place was unsatisfying, even if he had recovered mostly after an early set back. “A week? That’s not fair at all. I’m only making you drive Candi for a day!” Theo rolled his eyes at the gall of his friend, as it was quite clear that the sides of the bet were not equivalent. He needed to get it together, though, as he couldn’t wear this jacket that she had offered up for her side of the bet to work! No one at Haven Hill would take him seriously. Well, it was sometimes hard to, due to his constant meme references and his favorite animated video game character, but the concierge made an effort to at least seem serious about this job! Narrowing at his eyes as the screen started loading the next track, he knew that he needed to focus and not let Mel get into his head.

451 words
melaina morgan black ekrg sorry for the late reply!!!!! also you better believe that his vespa is named candi
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

topic options
addreply
newthread
newpoll

static affiliates | status: open