ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY -> r i p t i d e
click to rearrange
a bit quiet? join us on
discord!

endless diamond sky 
spotlights
LAUREN

Our resident meme queen, Lauren is always a positive figure in the chat and on site, and we're glad to have her! It's a blast to watch her colorful array of characters interact with others, from SF native Theo to our favorite misguided stepsister Alex. Whether she's plotting, posting, or just being herself, she never fails to bring smiles to our faces.

MEMBER OF THE MONTH
PAIR OF THE MONTH

INGRID GRIMOIRE & SEDRICK SHELLEY

THREAD OF THE MONTH

YOU PICKED ME
GABRIEL RICHTER & KATHERINE BELLAMY

COLLEEN JAMESON
charas of the month

ELIJAH HAYES
welcome!
Welcome to ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY! We are an animation personified site set both in the animated world and present day San Francisco. A terrible darkness is spreading through the animated realm, driving everyone from their homes and into unknown territory that we know as reality. Now they find themselves at a crossroads: do they fight for their world or do they turn their back on it and make San Francisco their home? What will you choose?

setting 
san francisco, calif. 2018

___

please register
first middle last
in all lowercase!
AMANDA (admin)
SAM (admin)
FOREST (admin)
POND (mod)
ALLIE (mod)
staff
DISCLAIMER:
EDS is known to cause death by soul-crushing feels. Don't forget your feels bucket.

addreply
newthread
newpoll

r i p t i d e, jane/ralph!
nixie arya murdock
 Posted: Jan 3 2018, 09:35 PM

Last one to the carnival is a crab!.

Arista
  The Little Mermaid
  19 years old
  single
  gayyyyy
  she/her
  Lauren (she/her)
 78 POSTS

awards

Nixie was always eternally grateful whenever the portal dropped her off into the ocean in the Animated World. This seemingly endless ocean was the one place that she truly felt at home, her own castle somewhere within its depths. She could stretch her fins here rather than go searching for a decently sized body of water elsewhere. There were plenty of fish and plants growing that she recognized from both her home and the aquarium and it made her feel somewhat comfortable. Of course, there was plenty of danger in the form of the Darkness, but Nixie was getting better at avoiding its monsters and staying safe. She had had plenty of close calls before, but escaped unscathed for the most part.

During her visits, she typically patrolled a small area of the ocean that the portal dropped people into, looking for those that couldn't swim well. Nixie had gained relatively strong from these rescue missions and felt good while doing so. She felt that it was her duty to look out for the other animated creatures that weren't gifted with the ability to swim well and breathe underwater, especially since so many people had helped her before. It was her way of paying it forward and doing good deeds. Her father had made sure to instill these ideas into her and her sisters when they were young and she knew that he would be proud of her.

She circled around the portal area for a few moments before diving down underwater to swim around the fish. Nixie figured that she would see the shadow of whoever materialized in the water from down below, so she set off to exploring the area around her. It would be good to know her surroundings, for future reference, so she could find places to hide in case the Darkness showed up at an inopportune time. Swimming through the water just felt refreshing as doing so with her silicone tail in a tank was nothing like this. She still had legs in the Real World; she just pretended that she didn't. Her home was the ocean and she couldn't even really swim in the one by her new home. It was infested with sharks that had been the talk of the city for ages. The water also wasn't as clear as it was here, so there was really no reason to do so. Nixie was sad about it, but couldn't do much. As she floated through the crystalline blue waves, she noticed a dark shadow fall upon her from up above. Nixie took one last look at the ocean floor, which was still several feet below her, before swimming straight up to the surface, in search of the person who had just arrived.

running down to the riptide
ralph daniel alcott i hope this is okay!! lemme know if i need to change anything love <3
PM
^
ralph daniel alcott
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 11:03 AM

I don’t need a medal to tell me that I'm a good guy.

ralph
  Wreck-it-Ralph
  30 years old
  Dating
  heterosexual
  He/Him
  jane (She/her)
 153 POSTS

awards

It's time to Sink or Swim
352. Hope it's ok. nixie arya murdock
This portal had it out for him.

Of all the places it could have dropped a nine foot giant, it chose the sea. Couldn't its magic tell that he couldn't swim? Hell, he couldn't even float. But the portal, he had found, was nothing if not an equalizer. Where he was stronger than most (if he were a bragging man he'd say he had yet to be bested in a test of pure strength) in pretty much any other situation, here he was as weak as a newborn babe. Weaker, probably as at least they would have instinctually held their breath. For Ralph, there had been no indication that he was about to step across the bridge and into a large body of water so it had hit him like a slap in the face. And very quickly, what was supposed to be a quick and relatively normal trip across the portal became a fight for his life. A fight for his life that he wasn’t sure he could win.

Frantically, much more so than he would have liked to admit, he waved his arms in what he hoped were swimming like motions (really he likely looked more like a lopsided windmill). He couldn't just give up. He had people that needed him. People that would miss him if he were to sink to the bottom of whatever body of water this was, and, he realized with a start that there was more than just one name on that list. Somehow, amidst his bumbling attempts at being a not-bad-guy, he'd acquired friends. It was for them that he kept flailing around despite the fact that it likely hurt more than it helped. He had to try. Black spots danced before his eyes as he clawed his way towards the shining light at what he hoped was the surface of the water. His efforts did him little good but before he slipped into unconsciousness he could have sworn he saw something else swim towards him. He could only hope that it was friendly…but if it wasn't it, he supposed it wouldn't matter in a few minutes.

PMAIM
^
nixie arya murdock
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 06:57 PM

Last one to the carnival is a crab!.

Arista
  The Little Mermaid
  19 years old
  single
  gayyyyy
  she/her
  Lauren (she/her)
 78 POSTS

awards

Nixie had always really had an instinct to look out for other people. Despite being the fifth of seven daughters and probably being one of the ones to be taken care of, she still had a bit of a motherly instinct towards Ariel and Andrina, mostly because both of them did have a penchant for getting into a bit of trouble. This instinct had definitely morphed into something a bit larger now that she was actually an adult and Nixie took it upon herself to look out for anyone that needed a bit of help.

Only did she get much closer to the person that had come into the ocean via the portal did the blonde realize how big they were. For the most part, she dealt with normal sized humans and the occasional animal, but this was different as they were much bigger than even the biggest humans. Nixie managed to catch up to the sinking person only maybe ten or fifteen feet from the surface, trying her best to grab the man by the armpits to drag him up to get some air.

That's where the problems really started. He was much heavier than the others that she had rescued before. She could kind of drag him up, but it was a slow process and this was the kind of thing that had to happen quickly before he swallowed too much water. Nixie powerfully kicked her tail in the water, trying to propel them up towards the sky. This worked, pushing them up at least three or four feet.

It only took a few more times of doing this before she and the man were only a few inches from the oxygen that he needed. The mermaid princess did one last strong kick, putting them above the water. She held onto the man, however, as she didn't want him to sink again and have her hard work be put to waste. After a bit of awkward shifting, Nixie was able to move her hands from underneath his armpits to over his stomach, pushing hard so that he could spit up any swallowed sea water.

running down to the riptide
ralph daniel alcott this is all over the place i am so sorry >.>

PM
^
ralph daniel alcott
 Posted: Jun 1 2018, 09:56 PM

I don’t need a medal to tell me that I'm a good guy.

ralph
  Wreck-it-Ralph
  30 years old
  Dating
  heterosexual
  He/Him
  jane (She/her)
 153 POSTS

awards

It's time to Sink or Swim
352. Hope it's ok. nixie arya murdock
Ralph had genuinely thought that this was curtains for him. The end of the line. The last hurrah. Game Over. Sonic's PSA message was floating through his head on a loop, If you leave your game, stay safe, stay alert, and whatever you do, don't die! Because if you die outside your own game, you don't regenerate. Ever! Game over. And this, this was about as far outside of his game that he could ever get. But what choice had he had? Darkness had descended. His world had erupted into chaos and this, going through a portal hoping against hope that it dropped you somewhere at least mildly safe, was how he had to survive now. What were the odds that this time he was dropped into an ocean. An ocean without bottom or end. He couldn't swim. He'd never needed to learn. Not once in the fifty years of his operation had he ever been in water that he couldn't stand up in. How could he have known that this was a skill that a nine foot giant would have needed? How could one prepare for the end of his world? He hadn't even known that the portal went here. He'd thought he'd been everywhere there was to go.

Well, he was wrong. And he'd thought he would pay for his foolish mistake with his life. But he didn't. Instead, strong arms grabbed his nearly lifeless body and propelled him towards the surface. With little help from him he was embarrassed to say. A few weak kicks here and there that, to be honest, he wasn't sure if they helped or hindered his rescuer. But that aside, they broke through the surface of the water and with her help expelling the water from his lungs, he was able to gasp in air like a dying fish. Greedily he breathed fully and deeply, savoring the fresh salt air and the warmth of the sun on his skin. He was lucky to be alive. Breathlessly, he turned to thank his savior, surprised to see the slight young woman. She had pulled him from the jaws of death? How? To say he was heavy would be an understatement and yet…she had saved him and he owes her an unpayable debt."Thank you. I thought I was a goner down there.” he laughed a bit weakly, unsure of what the proper reaction was to nearly dying. “You're really good at this swimming thing, miss.” What an absolutely stupid thing to say. Had he been on land he would have face palmed himself. He wished he could blame it on the lack of oxygen getting to his head but it wasn't. It was just pure unfiltered Ralph awkwardness. After all, what did you say to someone after they saved your life?

PMAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

topic options
addreply
newthread
newpoll

static affiliates | status: open