welcome home!

newtopic
newpoll

h o w l loween, BLAKE | RILY
jacob sage samhain
 Posted on: Jan 11 2018, 08:01 PM
jack skellington
❝ Forgive me, Mr. Claus. I'm afraid I've made a terrible mess of your holiday. ❞
nightmare before christmas
6'6"
panromantic
single

sam

The Great Dane was all legs and rail thin. He looked almost disproportionate standing there with his ribs clearly showing and that giant head precariously balanced on his shoulders, as though the slightest breeze might topple him face-first into the ground. All the imposing grandeur afforded to his breed was lost in the frightened folding of his body as he did his best to wedge himself between a trashcan and the building beside it. He looked utterly terrified, staring at Jac with wide eyes and watching his every movement warily. It was a sight that the former skeleton couldn't help but take to heart like a dagger to the chest. This poor beast had been through some kind of hell; be it physical or otherwise, and it had eaten the poor thing alive. "It's alright boy..." The characteristic flamboyance of his personality was dimmed for the moment; voice softening to a near whisper. Just loud enough to be heard by those overly large ears, as he crouched and offered up his hand palm-up.

He was patient ( a virtue of being dead. ) He didn't mind how long it might take to coax the dog out of hiding, so he stayed as long as it took. Perhaps he should have called someone, but he didn't want to risk the dog slipping off to who-knows-where.

Anyway, now he was personally invested.

"I'm not going to hurt you, I promise." Another cautious, awkard crouch-step. The dog seemed to relax in small increments. Finally, slipping forward to sniff at Jac's hand before giving his fingers a tentative lick. Somewhere in his chest he felt a warmth spreading, his lips drawing back in a wide smile. It wasn't long after that before the dog was coming up to him completely, tail wagging weakly behind him. Close enough that he could take full stock of the emaciated frame, dull coat, and fleas. He wouldn't say getting the giant animal into the back of his car was exactly easy, but he managed it. Even if he didn't really have an idea of where he was supposed to go once he'd done it. A full ten minutes passed where he just sat in his car with a giant dog in the backseat, staring at the road in front of him like he was willing an answer to appear. ( A GPS would have been a great idea, but he couldn't really be bothered with technology. )

Reaching one arm over his shoulder to pat the large head peeking between his seats, "We'll get you fixed up in no time, don't worry." His only option was to drive and stop at the first place that seemed like it handled this kind of thing. Honestly, he just saw the word 'animal' on the sign out front and took that a good enough indicator to peel into the parking lot. Parking the car ( rather crooked ) in front of the building, he turned in his seat and gave his new friend the most serious look he could manage. "Now you stay right there, I'm going to go check inside." It had been more than enough trouble getting him in the car the first time, he wasn't about to put anymore undo stress on either of them. So he hopped out of the car and bounded up to the front door as quickly as possible.

Head popping in through the front door and not much else. "Hello? I have a stray dog in my car- is this the right place?"

Oh, somewhere deep inside of these bones An emptiness began to grow
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
newtopic
newpoll