shock
❝ I wish my cohorts weren't so dumb! ❞
the nightmare before christmas
5'2"
pansexual
lol good luck

TAY

"slow the fuck down!"

sirens wailed in the near distance, indicating disaster, terror and possible death. sloan had just been minding other peoples' her own business, removing the tag from a new choker she was going to stuff in her pocket checking out some cool jewelry in a little boutique when she'd heard them. normally, she assumed, sirens were a warning to stay away. they invoked fear and uneasiness in people, but not her. she was a voyeur of all things dark and macabre, and if severe injury, crime or death was involved, she had to see what was up.

from a safe distance, obviously. before her run-in with the popo and psych ward, she'd be up in everyone's grill trying to get a good view and probing for answers.

"is there blood?"
"is his bone sticking out?"
"did he die on impact?"
"ooooo are those brains?"
"oh, no one's hurt? ugh."

she was always ignored, sometimes forcibly removed – apparently it's rude to ask how people got hurt and how severe their injuries are? and apparently it's none of her business? whatever. it was still cool to see. and bonus! not having any answers meant she could come up with her own story, something wild and insane to go home and tell lock and barrel. lock would tell her to fuck off because she was lying, barrel would usually believe her until she laughed in his face and called him an asshole casserole.

when she arrived at the scene, bent over and breathless – apparently demonia platform boots weren't the best for running long distances, what the fuck? – she darted behind the wall of a parking garage across from the ambulances, huddling her wool overcoat from a previous successful heist around her. flipping up her collar and lowering her sunglasses, sloan tried to be inconspicuous and achieved exactly the opposite.

backing up to see if she could get a better view through a different set of pillars, sloan felt herself collide with something. jumping around, her eyes were wild and she held out her arms, hands up in the shape of a gun, screaming a plea of innocence for no reason in particular.

"IT WASN'T ME OFFICER I SWEAR I DIDN'T TAKE THE – oh you're not an officer. what the fuck are you doing here, who even are you?" as if she had any more credentials to be staring at a crime scene than he did, whoever he was.

note – a thing for u.

AIM
^
mortimer aeron wynter
 Posted on: Mar 9 2017, 01:19 PM
death
❝ As a multi-dimensional representation of death, i kind of don’t think anything is strange. ❞
the universe
5'11"
pansexual
single

sam

immortal
  Ambulance chaser was probably not the right word. It's not that he trailed behind them like a lost puppy. It was in his nature to show up where death was impending, and sometimes there just happened to be sirens ringing in the distance. It wasn't unusual to find himself at the scene of an accident before the authorities, or at the same time. Sometimes they might even beat him there which was always kind of interesting. Either way he usually found himself loitering at the sidelines, watching as the aftermath of whatever horrific event unfolded. Whether he stood far enough away to not be noticed, or close enough to strum the police tape like a bright yellow guitar string didn't seem to matter. Either way he felt energized and as alive as something like him could feel. Like drinking a shot of liquid energy.

The good thing was that he was usually never alone. No matter what was happening a throng of people usually began to gather; holding up their cellphones in hopes of snapping a picture. Attracted like moths to a flame by the bright flashing blue and red lights and loud screeches. He liked that about people. Their morbid curiosity in the face of death, it made them interesting.

Today he stood a little off to the back. Not the best vantage point really, he could hardly see anything from here and there was an almost instant regret at that fact. Even when he craned his neck to try and look at what was happening, the ambulance blocked most of his line of vision. As much as the sensation of death that flowed through the air energized him, he kind of felt cheated when he couldn't even seen what was happening. ( Not that he didn't already know. That came with the territory too. ) It was just kind of pointless to wander half the city blindly only to have all that effort wasted by a giant car.

Sighing, he stuffed his hands deep into the pockets of his hoodie and hunched his shoulders just the slightest bit. "Well this sucks-" The impact of someone backing against him, brought his focus away from the scene at hand.

Or it could not suck.

The grin that spread across his face was instantaneous, body straightening back to normal. He even laughed at the idea of being a cop, as fleeting as it was. He could never. Just think of all the guns that would miss fire around him, what a disaster. "I'm Death, where the hell else should I be?" Spoken with all the certainty of someone who was either completely insane, or completely right. Maybe even both. It could be argued that he was at least a little bit of both.

tag | 460 | notes

--------------------
user posted image
^
sloan october savage
 Posted on: Mar 16 2017, 04:43 PM
shock
5'2"
pansexual
lol good luck

TAY

"pffff fuck off, no you're not."

some asshole lurking around dank parking garages, claiming to be 'death incarnate'. it wasn't actually the first time she'd heard that or claimed to be such herself and it wouldn't be the last. puh-lease - as if anyone in this world was that cool.

and she should know. she came from a world wracked with death and darkness, the very holiday that represented it. if death lived anywhere, it would be there. and she knew everyone in halloween town. there was no death that she'd ever met, so clearly this guy was so full of shit she could smell it. or was that the nearby sewage drain? either way, it smelled rank.

"trust me, i know what death looks like and you ain't him." it wasn't a total lie. the night that she, dumb and dumber were out in the forest after the street lamps went out - the night that lock made her laugh so damn hard she literally died - she'd seen him. he was a tall dude, wore a black cape, had a fancy scythe. it didn't last long, but she'd seen him. and she fucking knew he'd look like that, all the horror movies said so. he wasn't some scrawny pale loser in a hoodie loafing around crime scenes. death was a badass. ending lives and taking names.

shoving her hands into the pockets of her coat, sloan circled the generally unremarkable, kind-of-raggamuffin-cute-if-you're-into-that guy standing before her claiming to be one of the coolest entities ever to exist in her humble opinion. her eyes were narrowed, a crinkle in her brow as she scrutinized every inch of him. i mean... he maybe could be. you're technically a dead little girl. he could technically be death. well if he was, she was going to need some rock-hard evidence.

"ookaaaay," she said slowly, chin up and lips pursed for a second as if this was of the utmost importance, she pondered the idea that this guy actually was death and was waiting around for someone to die.

"pics or it didn't happen." translation: prove it.

note – she no believe.

AIM
^
mortimer aeron wynter
 Posted on: May 21 2017, 12:37 AM
death
❝ As a multi-dimensional representation of death, i kind of don’t think anything is strange. ❞
the universe
5'11"
pansexual
single

sam

immortal
  He loved skeptics, they were like a gift. A gift he could shock into believing with all the wild abandon of a wreaking ball through old plaster. Her disbelief only served to make him grin. That cat-caught-the-canary smile that spread slowly across his features. You'd think someone just set a pizza down in front of him and not some scrawny goth kid with crazy eyes.

"Do you, really?" His head tilted for a moment, eyes narrowing at her. He might have been looking right through her with the momentary intensity that flickered across his eyes. In a sense, that's exactly what it was. Looking past her, past all the black leather and attitude, past everything to the soul underneath. "Little dead girl doesn't believe I'm Death. Is this what irony feels like?"

He stood still, head barely turning as she moved around him. Following her with his eyes and occasionally glancing back towards the scene of the accident. Someone was dead over there. He could feel it now, and he perked up just the slightest bit, leaning a little bit forward like he was drawn to that place and the soul about to leave it.

"Well I mean I could prove it..."

There were probably a thousand different things he could do. Momentarily focused on the scene playing out in front of him his words almost sounded dazed. Until he seemed to finally snap to attention and turn to look at her, that grin a little less wide but still present. "Not sure you can handle it though. I mean...it's intense, and you've already died once." A snort, and for a moment he seemed to flicker out of existence.

There one second.

Then gone.

Only to appear again a few short feet away. "That's probably not enough proof though is it..." Almost like he's talking to himself, eyes unfocused in thought as he digs his keychain from his pocket and twirls it absently between his fingers. "Someone like you. You probably need like real hardcore proof but-"

A pat-down of his own clothes follows, half-assed and lazy before he shrugs his hands up. "I left my super cliche death shit back in my other hoodie."

tag | 366 | notes

--------------------
user posted image
^
sloan october savage
 Posted on: Nov 29 2017, 09:41 PM
shock
5'2"
pansexual
lol good luck

TAY

It wasn't like she didn't want this dude to be death. It would actually be pretty fucking cool, and she could go back to lock and barrel with news that she met the damned grim reaper himself. They'd shit themselves, and it would be fucking hysterical. How many people could say they hung out with death in a dingy parking garage in san francisco? Probably not many that were sane. No, it would probably be the single greatest achievement of her undead life. But like... it wasn't that easy, was it? Shouldn't death himself be doing some more important shit with his time?

She almost doubted herself when he questioned her knowing what death looked like. Almost. No, she knew what she saw that night. He was tall and dark, she couldn't see his face, but... unless death could shapeshift - fuck that would be cool - he certainly hadn't looked like this kid. Folding her arms across her chest defensively, Sloan stared right back at him through squinted eyes. "yeah. Tall dude, wears a cloak or some shit, carries a scythe around like a badass. Kinda hovers over you for a second after you die like a creep."

The words 'little dead girl' left his mouth way too easily, and she wasn't sure whether to be surprised, offended or to agree. Pursing her lips, sloan narrowed her eyes further and leaned in. "Well if it was you the night I died, you sure as fuck looked a lot cooler back then," came the snarky response, although she was still apprehensive.

She watched him as he thought to himself, looking between her and the crime scene in a daze that she could liken to the look she got whenever she was stoned. Her own gaze flickered between him and the sirens, brow raised expectantly. Well if he was going to fucking do something, he was taking his sweet ass time. Impatience kicking in, her foot began to tap and she rolled her head back, groaning. "Oh my god, do something cool already!"

She would have missed it if she weren't paying such close attention to him. It didn't take long, just a split second, for him to teleport - fucking teleport - backwards a few feet. Her eyes widened and her gaze snapped up to meet his. The fuck? Maybe he was... Death had to teleport right? How else would he get across the world as fast as he did. Didn't people die every second or some shit like that? Yet we're still so overpopulated. Hm.

She didn't realize that her jaw was hanging open until he made another snarky comment, and she snapped back to reality. Okay. Alright. Alright okay.

"I mean. I could be high right now and just hallucinated that but... hallucinogenics aren't really my thing." She gave a shrug, before the excitement and awe flooded over her at once and her mood changed with the snap of a finger. Unimpressed to impressed, skeptical to excited. But if this guy was Death... she had one important question to ask him. Just to be sure. Any otherworldly creature of some kind could teleport. But only death would have this answer. First things first.

"Okay. So if you are death. What happened the night I died? What killed me?"

note – getting there.

AIM
^
mortimer aeron wynter
 Posted on: Jan 7 2018, 06:48 PM
death
the universe
5'11"
pansexual
single

sam

immortal
  He straightened at her description, chin tilting up as though to say 'yep, that's me alright.' Sure he might not look every bit the imposing grim reaper of myth and legend, but that didn't mean that it hadn't been him once upon a time. okay...well maybe not him exactly. he hadn't had dominion over the entire animated world until the not-cool darkness smashed everything together like a kid with 100 jars of play doh. "ding-ding-ding" he said, shooting the girl a pair of finger-guns for emphasis. "I mean I look like a lot of things, but that's a popular request." He could look like anyone or anything that died. Unfortunately that ability hadn't made the cut when he'd been shoved into a human body.

It made picturing her death a lot easier at least. It was the same sort of image he'd seen billions upon billions of times; standing over someone as they experienced their last moments. Watching solemnly and waiting to guide them to wherever they were meant to go.

He might not have been that personal grim reaper but the world had started to bleed together, and the names on his skin grew a little more each day. He could think back to deaths he hadn't been a part of, see moments he'd never witnessed, as though he was steadily absorbing every version of death that existed in both worlds. Even now standing here with the accident not too far away he could feel names starting to scratch themselves off his list, real names. People from this world, not the other one. It made him scratch absently at his arm, just on the inside of his elbow. A distracted gesture as he focused on her and actually managed a laugh.

"That's kind of a shitty high don't you think? I mean...if I was taking something to trip me the fuck out I'd like to see something a lot more exciting than some random guy moving five feet away."

Her question was expected, and hey if it'd help prove who he was, then so be it. "Fun fact, I wasn't technically there. Just getting that out there. I mean you know how that world is now, everyone's confused- crazy shit keeps happening. There was probably lots of different deaths bopping around doing their thing, and now there's just me." He shrugged, "Anyway. You fell, and you froze first. I think. It was a close call, but I'm guessing it slowed your heart enough that you didn't bleed out quite as fast." His head tilts, "Do you even remember that?"

He can't help but laugh, though it's more to himself than anything. "I wasn't even there and I remember it like I was. Fuck that's weird even for me."

tag | 461 | notes

--------------------
user posted image
^
sloan october savage
 Posted on: Jan 31 2018, 03:24 AM
shock
5'2"
pansexual
lol good luck

TAY

Being a bit of a pathological liar, Sloan knew all the physical signs of dishonesty.

Every twitch of his finger, every direction he looked, every move he made, she was watching to see if he was, in fact, telling the truth. Her eyes narrowed as she scrutinized him and analyzed the tone in his voice. He seemed pretty confident with himself, and was talking so casually about all this insane shit that she was actually beginning to believe him. Like really, who could make this shit up?

"So like, if I'm dying and I want the death dude to look like Chewbacca, you could do that? Death could do that, I mean? Whoever the fuck he is," she asked, intrigued and trying not to seem too eager. But how cool would it be if you died and Chewbacca came strolling in to pick up your corpse and drop you off wherever you were goin'? And at his jab at her high comment, she rolled her eyes. "You clearly don't know much about drugs and all the different highs, do you?" Amateur. Wait, did Death get high?

The image of sitting on her janky-ass couch with Death, lighting up a bowl, eating pizza and talking about all the people he's seen die flashed into her mind, and suddenly there was nothing more that she wanted in the world.

When he started to talk about her death, Sloan's posture eased up a bit and she tilted her head curiously. In all honesty, she couldn't remember how she died. She couldn't even remember her life before she arrived in Halloween Town, all she knew was that she and her cohorts showed up all together. She did know that everyone in Halloween Town, used to be a living person at one point, so she knew she must have died. She just didn't know how, when, where or why.

This guy could be lying through his teeth. But there was something in his voice that told her he wasn't. So she fell and froze to death. Fuck, that sounded miserable and dark and shitty. Rather than dwelling on the twinge of sadness that thought brought on, Sloan immediately shifted gears and cackled in response.

"Welp, I actually have no fuckin clue how I died so that means nothing to me," she snickered. "But I mean, that did sound pretty convincing." She had to admit, him bringing that up made her slightly uncomfortable - enough to make her believe that it was probably the truth.

"Well fuck, I finally met Death. I've always wanted to meet you, you're like a fuckin' celebrity where I come from. You're like our founding father pretty much, damn. Shitty that it was so... anticlimactic." She always imagined meeting Death would be like some sort of spectacle and he'd look really dope and fucking terrifying, but this dude looked like a friggin' pizza delivery boy. "You seem cool though I guess." She shrugged listlessly before turning to face the crime scene and a macabre smile grew across her face.

"Is someone dying over there? That why you're lurking like a creep?"

note – dude she met death and she's like 'meh'

AIM
^
mortimer aeron wynter
 Posted on: Feb 14 2018, 12:33 AM
death
the universe
5'11"
pansexual
single

sam

immortal
  The idea of popping up to collect a soul as Chewbacca of all things made him burst out laughing. Hands clamping over his stomach, and nearly doubling over with the strain. He might not have needed to breathe air but he was still somehow gasping like a fish out of water regardless. Wheezing as the mental image of lumbering up to some poor dead soul and making the 'noise' took root. He couldn't even answer her at first, too busy laughing. Funny how humans could do that- laughter. Did they realize how cool that was? He hadn't been able to laugh before coming to this world. It was one of his favorite things now.

Even if it took him a solid two minutes to calm down; body still bent over and hands wiping at tears from the corners of his eyes. "Holy shit, haven't laughed like that in a while. Phew." He still has that mental image rolling around in his head, one that makes him want to actually try it the next time he crosses through the portal. Not that he hasn't turned into some weird shit in the past already. Kings and Queens, Emperors, famous people, or someone's pet. The possibility were endless when your main goal was to try and get a panicked soul to calm down enough to join you to the afterlife. "Well yeah, sure I can do the whole Wookie thing. You're dead, why not walk to wherever you gotta go with a bang?" He snorted, body still quivering slightly with barely suppressed giggles. Death. Giggling. Who knew, right?

Tongue clicking against his teeth, he flashed a quick grin at that last question. "I know everything there is to know about anything that kills people." A wink, and he's spinning a little to the side. Enough to look back out at the accident scene, amber-tinted eyes quick scanning the chaos. They're too far to really see anything and he knows he could get close if he wanted. Hell, he wants to get closer. He can feel the urge to close his eyes and just- be there, like a violent humming in his chest.

He wants to be here too though. The little dead girl has got him curious. So he does his best to tamper down that instinct and fishes out the key chain in his pocket. Letting it twirl between his fingers in quick, practiced, almost unconscious movements. The natural fluidity of something you do so often you don't even realize you're doing it anymore. It helps to keep him bolted right here.

"Well, I guess now you know, huh? Learn something new everyday." A laugh, and a shrug of his shoulders. Eyebrows arching up in an expression that didn't even bother to hide his curiosity. "Am I? Where do you come from anyway? I mean- I can tell who you are, and you're name, but locations are tricky. Especially if you go there after you die. That's kind of like, beyond me or whatever." He almost felt like bursting out laughing again, but he fought it back and just grinned instead. A few stray giggles and a shake of the head the only sign that he'd very nearly lost control of himself for the second time. "Gee, thanks. Next time I'll ride in on a fucking horse or something."

Attention drawn back to the accident, he nodded. "Face went through a windshield. They're alive now but...not for long." The though made his scythe spin faster between his fingers. The little key chain whirling so fast through the air it became almost intelligible. "I forgot what I was doing before, it happens a lot. I just start walking and I end up at things like this. SO yeah, that's why I'm being a creep."

sloan october savage | 461 | notes

--------------------
user posted image
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
newtopic
newpoll