ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY -> another sunrise {with my sad captains}
click to rearrange
a bit quiet? join us on
discord!

endless diamond sky 
spotlights
LAUREN

Our resident meme queen, Lauren is always a positive figure in the chat and on site, and we're glad to have her! It's a blast to watch her colorful array of characters interact with others, from SF native Theo to our favorite misguided stepsister Alex. Whether she's plotting, posting, or just being herself, she never fails to bring smiles to our faces.

MEMBER OF THE MONTH
PAIR OF THE MONTH

INGRID GRIMOIRE & SEDRICK SHELLEY

THREAD OF THE MONTH

YOU PICKED ME
GABRIEL RICHTER & KATHERINE BELLAMY

COLLEEN JAMESON
charas of the month

ELIJAH HAYES
welcome!
Welcome to ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY! We are an animation personified site set both in the animated world and present day San Francisco. A terrible darkness is spreading through the animated realm, driving everyone from their homes and into unknown territory that we know as reality. Now they find themselves at a crossroads: do they fight for their world or do they turn their back on it and make San Francisco their home? What will you choose?

setting 
san francisco, calif. 2018

___

please register
first middle last
in all lowercase!
AMANDA (admin)
SAM (admin)
FOREST (admin)
POND (mod)
ALLIE (mod)
staff
DISCLAIMER:
EDS is known to cause death by soul-crushing feels. Don't forget your feels bucket.

addreply
newthread
newpoll

another sunrise {with my sad captains}, sterling & kay <3
helen clarice mallory
 Posted: Apr 30 2018, 04:37 PM

Happiness has brought you here!.

queen clarion
  disney fairies
  43 years old
  pining
  heterosexual
  SHE/HER
  becca (SHE/HER)
 70 POSTS

awards

I just want to build you up, build you up 'Til you're good as new And maybe one day, I will get around To fixing myself, too

sterling douglas spiegel
For the past week, Helen had been staying behind rather late, later even than her usually late schedule, but then she had rather a lot of time to make up for. A month had passed, but Helen had scarcely noticed. She had barely registered anything at all for weeks but Terence’s illness, and then his slow, steady recovery, until he was well enough to leave. Until she had had to let him go. It had been difficult - one of the hardest things she had ever done - but he was not the same sparrowman he had once been, the same sparrowman she had helped make his first, faltering flight, who had brought her her daily pixie dust rations with a never-failing, contagious smile. He had a life now, a world away from Pixie Hollow, and that had not changed simply because he had found her. So she had let him go, with the promise that they would never lose each other again, and Helen had poured her energy back into the patients she had neglected for far too long. She had missed them, missed her work, but part of her knew that, as much as she loved her job, her renewed determination to throw herself into her cases had just as much to do with loneliness. With the sudden silence in her apartment.

Helen was halfway through a towering pile of paperwork when she first heard it. Voices. Raised voices, coming from somewhere down the hallway, and her brow knit together, fountain pen stilling on the report she had been signing halfway through an elegant loop. She held the pen there, the ink seeping into the paper, spreading slowly like poison across the page, as she held her breath, heart thumping wildly underneath her breast-

There. This time she stood up, the chair legs scraping across the carpet, and flung open the door to her office. The voices were louder as she stepped into the hallway, growing louder still as her heels took her blindly to their source.

Which was Sterling Spiegel’s office.

Of course it was.

She contemplated knocking, but her cold dread was settling in the pit of her stomach, an unfamiliar voice ringing out on the other side of the door, and the concern was enough for her to dispense with her usual niceties, impeccable manners flying out the window as she pushed open the door without ceremony.

“Sterling, is everything alri-”

Helen broke off, eyes flitting back and forth between the career counsellor and the rather angry looking young man staring back at her with wild, dark eyes. She recognised him vaguely, most likely from the waiting room where she collected her own patients, but it was far too late for Sterling to be seeing patients.

“I didn’t realise anybody else was still working,” she said, flashing the stranger a smile, but it held none of its usual warmth. Something was wrong. She could practically taste the tension in the air, and her eyes sought out Sterling’s across the room in silent support. The last time she had been here, before she had all but disappeared for a month, had not been the most pleasant of encounters, but of all of the people she had come to know in San Francisco he was quite literally her oldest friend, and Helen was damn well not about to leave him to face whatever unpleasantness she had walked into alone. She affected an airy laugh.“I thought I was the only workaholic in this building!”
PM
^
sterling douglas spiegel
 Posted: May 3 2018, 06:44 PM

What wouldst thou know, my Queen?.

Magic Mirror
  Snow White
  35 years old
  Single
  Questioning
  he/him/his/grump
  Kay (Any)
 90 POSTS

awards

We all know there's always something tearing you apart It's always so much longer than you counted on And it hits you so much harder then you thought But you don't worry, you don't worry Cause you've got soul
He hated staying late. Hated it with a fiery passion that was not normally attributed to Sterling Spiegel. Sure now and then he stayed because a client couldn't make it to normal business hours, or there was too much paperwork to do or even the rare person worked their way into his head and he found himself in the office using his magic to find the perfect place for them in the world, leaving himself nursing a migraine or worse. Maybe that was why he started stashing away some liquor in his office. He hardly drank during work hours, but with the frequent use of his powers and their side effects increasing a little rum or whiskey worked better than a few doses of over the counter painkillers.

Staring down the client in front of him, as well as seeing the late hour on the clock, well Sterling was itching to grab a glass and enjoy a little alcohol. Not only was the younger man before him keeping Sterling from leaving, he had the audacity to raise his voice at the counselor. He wasn't the first, nor would he be the last. The thought wasn't very comforting. Especially considering the young man was from across the portal. To be exact, the man was a wizard. Not a very good one, he wasn't putting Mister Potter to shame or anything like that. However, he insisted constantly that he had been powerful, and wealthy in his homeland. Sterling insisted the man was a word ending with -ick, but he couldn't decide if a pr- or a d- went before. Yet despite not liking the young wizard, Sterling had done his best to find a career for him, he'd even looked through his mirror to find the answer.

"I fought off a halfling invasion in my village!" The man was nearly screeching, his dark eyes entirely serious, "Dispelled ghouls, kept our wards up for as long as I could against the darkness. And you're telling me, I should use my talents as a personal assistant?!"

"Yes. Or so I have been trying to tell you. I am not forcing you to, it is simply my best suggestion." Sterling said, soft and in his normal monotone. He had been confused about it as well, but his magic didn't lie. Sure enough, as his vision had gone on, he saw that through the job the wizard would find love, and eventually move on to other things that would only bring him more joy, as well as security. Of course Sterling couldn't tell the wizard he had looked into the future- he wouldn't. He'd gone four years with including as few people as possible in on his true identity and abilities. Even if it meant facing the wrath of an angry wizard he wouldn't speak up now. He told himself it was bravery, but in his heart, he knew he was just more fearful of becoming a slave once more.

A female voice piped up and the sound of his door opening had his eyes snapping to the doorway in surprise. He hadn't spoken to Helen in a month. What had started as a welcome reprise had turned into worry, though he hadn't said anything about it to anyone other than ask the receptionist once or twice if they knew when Mallory would be back. Yet since returning, she hadn't come to his office to bother him. Not once... which was totally fine, he didn't care for her distracting him in the first place. But Helen wasn't, Helen these days. It was unsettling.

"We were just finishing," Sterling said, a bit more steely than intended as his piercing blue eyes went back to the wizard. "What?! No, I'm done! " The wizard replied, a scowl forming on his darkening red face. "Done with this- this place that doesn't understand REAL power and a TRUE hero!" The wizard stormed out. By the time Sterling had let out a long sigh and sank down into the chair behind his desk, there was a slam of what he guessed was the front door. With his office being close to the lobby it was easily heard, however along with the slam of the door came some sort of shout, followed by a wave of power and yellow light.

BY MITZI

helen clarice mallory
PM
^
helen clarice mallory
 Posted: May 6 2018, 05:00 PM

Happiness has brought you here!.

queen clarion
  disney fairies
  43 years old
  pining
  heterosexual
  SHE/HER
  becca (SHE/HER)
 70 POSTS

awards

I just want to build you up, build you up 'Til you're good as new And maybe one day, I will get around To fixing myself, too

sterling douglas spiegel
The young man was not the first patient to be dissatisfied with his first taste of life in this world, nor would he be the last. Helen had only been here six months when she had been attacked by her first patient, and it was that young man that this one had put her in mind of, his dark, steely eyes filled with the same desperation she had seen in his before his hands had closed around her throat. She hadn’t blamed him for lashing out, not really - not when his world had literally fallen apart around him - and she didn’t blame Sterling’s client either, but Sterling was in precisely the same predicament; another lost soul making the best of a bad situation, and the young man taking his frustration out on the career counsellor would not fix anything.

She was relieved when he left, no matter how melodramatic his departure, and Helen let out a breath she hadn’t even known she had been holding, her shoulders sagging lightly as she watched the young man stomp childishly down the hall. His footsteps echoed down the corridor, and she could still hear him when she turned to Sterling, her brows knitting together in concern as the career counsellor sagged into his chair.

Helen opened her mouth to ask if he was alright, but her lips barely formed the first syllable before the sound of the door - the lobby door, she assumed, wincing at the force behind it - slamming shut filled the room, but it was what followed that took her breath away. She stumbled as the force of whatever it was crashed into her, wobbling on her heels before she regained her balance, but the light that followed was almost worse; bright enough that she had to briefly squeeze her eyes shut. It reminded her of her own light - Clarion’s light - but she hadn’t seen power like that in San Francisco, certainly not used so openly.

Helen grasped for something useful to say, but could only manage five incredulous words.

“What in Neverland was that?”
PM
^
sterling douglas spiegel
 Posted: Jun 8 2018, 05:44 PM

What wouldst thou know, my Queen?.

Magic Mirror
  Snow White
  35 years old
  Single
  Questioning
  he/him/his/grump
  Kay (Any)
 90 POSTS

awards

We all know there's always something tearing you apart It's always so much longer than you counted on And it hits you so much harder then you thought But you don't worry, you don't worry Cause you've got soul
He might have enjoyed the confused look on Helen's face if the situation wasn't such a headache. Reluctantly, he pushed himself out of the chair. "I hate working with these people," Sterling commented, not sure if he was referring to magic users, brats, people from the animated world, or all of the above. The recent wizard certainly fit into all three categories. And now, the bratty being had done something. What, Sterling wasn't sure. He could easily pick up the mirror on his desk and find out, but... Helen would see, and then she'd know what he was. Well, she'd know what he could do. Kinda. Sorta. Helen was smart though, even with how strange she was acting he was sure she'd figure out what was happening.

As hesitant he was to actually use his magic in front of her, one of his arms subconsciously moved towards the mirror stopping just as Helen spoke. It caused him to pause, and raise an eyebrow at her. Had, had she just swore? Or attempted to swear, using Neverland as a curse? He knew of Neverland, having seen it from the mirror years ago. Great, he was working with one of those mermaids from there, wasn't he? Maybe a fairy? Or pirate? He really couldn't picture Helen as a pirate.

"Why would I know?" Sterling asked, a slightly sour note to his normally deadpan tone. He crossed the office to the door, brushing past her to see if anything was broken thanks to... whatever that magic had been. A hex? A curse? Maybe if he could get away from Helen he could check the mirror for answers. Or maybe, she could reveal her own gifts and he'd have some more insight to the eternal sunshine of Helen Mallory. He could have simply used his magic to look into the past, see who she had been, what she would become, but... well, he wasn't really sure why he never seemed to use his magic on unwilling people. Sure for his own personal gain, and the rare times he was being paid to spy or helping the resistance but... There was no time to over think it now.

Walking into the hallway, he turned to call over his shoulder, "Let's find out what in Neverland that was." The tiniest of smirks found its way to his face, the first one all day.

BY MITZI

helen clarice mallory ((Okay so maybe he actually does consider her a friend and actually missed her a bit while she was gone? Idk he feels more... idk he feels different and idk if it cause I wrote him stressed or what))
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

topic options
addreply
newthread
newpoll

static affiliates | status: open