ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY -> BEHIND THE SCENES
click to rearrange
a bit quiet? join us on
discord!

endless diamond sky 
spotlights
LAUREN

Our resident meme queen, Lauren is always a positive figure in the chat and on site, and we're glad to have her! It's a blast to watch her colorful array of characters interact with others, from SF native Theo to our favorite misguided stepsister Alex. Whether she's plotting, posting, or just being herself, she never fails to bring smiles to our faces.

MEMBER OF THE MONTH
PAIR OF THE MONTH

INGRID GRIMOIRE & SEDRICK SHELLEY

THREAD OF THE MONTH

YOU PICKED ME
GABRIEL RICHTER & KATHERINE BELLAMY

COLLEEN JAMESON
charas of the month

ELIJAH HAYES
welcome!
Welcome to ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY! We are an animation personified site set both in the animated world and present day San Francisco. A terrible darkness is spreading through the animated realm, driving everyone from their homes and into unknown territory that we know as reality. Now they find themselves at a crossroads: do they fight for their world or do they turn their back on it and make San Francisco their home? What will you choose?

setting 
san francisco, calif. 2018

___

please register
first middle last
in all lowercase!
AMANDA (admin)
SAM (admin)
FOREST (admin)
POND (mod)
ALLIE (mod)
staff
DISCLAIMER:
EDS is known to cause death by soul-crushing feels. Don't forget your feels bucket.

addreply
newthread
newpoll

BEHIND THE SCENES, fate, and others.
mortimer aeron wynter
 Posted: Oct 30 2015, 04:45 PM

As a multi-dimensional representation of death, i kind of don’t think anything is strange. .

death
  the universe
  22 years old
  TAKEN
  pansexual
  HE | HIM
  sam (SHE | HER)
 179 POSTS

awards

ANIMATED ORIGINALS NOT OPEN TO GUESTS: INFO HERE
MORT'S APP: HERE

OTHER
    - all faces are open ( you do not need to go by the ones pictured here )
    - all ages are open, just because I picture someone older/younger doesn't mean they have to be.
    - remember to come to me if you're interested/have ideas.
    i'd like to see where you're going/planning since this world is my literal baby.

pulling strings
"Why'd you do it?"
I don't know
( consider )

Her name is Angel and once upon a time she was a very big part of Mort's history. I'm not going to go into detail about who she used to be, Mort's story and his world have changed a lot since then ( but you're more then free to ask about it if you're interested. ) For right now though I'm going to focus on who she is in this world.

Now it's not stated in his app, as he meets her well before the main part of his story, but I do mention her in mort's development thread during the questionnaire. Basically Angel is meant to be the little girl that he saved once upon a time. His one and only secret, that he worked very very hard to keep from the other entities. Now Mort himself doesn't entirely understand why he saved her. I imagine there was something special about her like maybe some connection to death. I'd say that he felt sorry for her for some aspect of her life but Mort has never seen Death as a punishment, so the chances of him withholding it from her for a reason like that is unlikely. Something about this girl is important. Maybe she's a seer, maybe she was touched by death somehow, idk, but Mort saved her life and that's a big deal.

Especially back then when he didn't exactly have feelings or a 'personality'.

In my head, she comes to realize what he did for her after she dies of old age. Having lived a very long and fruitful life, she ends up personally guided by Mort back through his realm. Only to remember him just as she's about to step through into whatever version of the afterlife she's meant to go to. In that moment she decides to stay and become a reaper.

A few important little tidbits from her past history you might want to work into her storyline: originally she had wings ( one was skeletal the other was feathered ) and her right hand up to her elbow was skeletal as well. She was also the embodiment of Mort's scythe in a another life, and while that can't happen here, I wouldn't be adverse to the idea of mort giving her a piece of the scythe to turn her into a reaper as opposed to a piece of his cloak. It wouldn't make her any different then the other reapers really, but it's a thought at least.

Her face is open despite the gif there, but I ask that you come to me and discuss things with me before you fill out any connections or do any app stuff. This character is very important and just as big a part of Mort's world as his reapers or the other entities are. If you have an ideas about what she can do/what she is/ect please don't hesitate to tell me about them. What I have here is the general background for her, but really there's a lot of open space for you to work with.

personality-wise she's calm, she's the sea when there aren't any waves. her emotions run high, yes, and she's very very human with a strong sense of humanity, but she's got almost freaky control over her emotions and herself. despite how she might look she's inwardly an old woman who's seen a lot and lived a lot, and it shows in her eyes. her past might not have been ideal and something traumatic enough to kill her had to have happened when she was very young, but the latter part of her life was good and she's glad she got that chance. she's the type of person that would decide to stay and go through the very painful process of being a reaper even though she knows it means she'll never see any of her loved ones again, because she remembered and she felt that she owed Mort for what he gave her.

This is not a romantic request, I want to get that out there. This isn't even a request for a sibling sort of relationship as he'll never view anyone above Fate in that regard. This is a request for someone who's important in another sense, because she embodies the start of his humanity. The first time he started looking at people as something other then the souls he's supposed to collect.

Angel
calm
contemplative
strong
reapers
open ages
open faces
various
Reapers are not what you'd think. At least not in this world. The only true 'grim reaper' or 'death' is Mort, the ones in this ad have very little power themselves. Of course if they're not actual reapers, then what are they? The only easy way to put it is that they're souls cursed by Mort out of boredom. In all his centuries of being alone doing the same thing over and over again, he grew bored and lonely. These beings were a direct result of his attempts to try and ease some of those feelings. They're human souls that he twisted and changed to keep them out of their respective heavens ( cruel yes, but it worked. ) he granted each of them very minor pieces of himself allowing them to communicate and see the dead. As well as to travel to and from his plane of existence freely.

Unfortunately for these people the process is very painful, and after a couple centuries they simple burn out. Like a candle flame. Their souls unable to really handle the stress for very long. Though they are still themselves mentally they are technically classified as extensions of mort. Able to do bits and pieces of his job and help to handle things when everything gets too hectic.Despite all the shit he's put them through I imagine that these people are very loyal to him. Kind of like Stockholm Syndrome, where they've been in a situation so long they begin to sympathize with their captor.

Eventually they didn't see this so much as some sort of weird punishment but as a way of being part of the universe. Of feeling like they were powerful and important. Everything about these people is literally open; ages, species, ect. They keep aspects of themselves so they would even have whatever powers they had beforehand too if you wanted. What's important is that they're bound to Mort and that they are essentially his apprentices/companions in a sense ( even though they will never inherit his position. ) If you want some examples of what I imagine his relationship with them will be like think the doctor and his companions, ezio from assassin's creed and the assassin's he trains ( who are literally waiting for the slightest command from him at all times ), ect.

It's not a healthy relationship, and it'd probably be a lot worse since he did technically ditch them and acts a lot more childish in this world then he might have back home. Nevertheless the reapers are important to Mort and they do feel a close bond to him. Their reasons for becoming reapers is also very open as well. Sometimes Mort just goes for it, most of the time he does ask beforehand. Other times he's been known to offer it as an escape, ect.

NOTE THE COOL THING ABOUT THIS, is that he could conceivably make more if he wanted. So there is a chance that a current canon/character could fit into this category. If you'd be willing to toss them at him just know that the process is very painful and probably angsty so xD enter at your own risk.

"Hello? Pizza delivery? This is an emergency."
I told you to stop fucking calling

This request is a little unconventional, I know. We all know that Mort and pizza is the otp of otps. He'd marry it if he could, but unfortunately he can't. Now before you go thinking this is a request for a personified slice of pizza, it is not. You ever wonder how Mort gets his pizza? Obviously no true pizza lover would be complete without having that ONE place that is your go-to for everything delivery. It may not be the best pie you've ever tasted, hell he's pretty sure this joint isn't even up to code, but it's his favorite. It's the one closest to home and therefore right within delivery distance, it's got this killer cheese pizza that makes you feel like you tossed an atomic bomb in your stomach ( in a good way ) and most importantly of all they know Mort there.

Think of Mort as that one customer that the employees actually put out a missing person's report on because they haven't seen him in 24 hours. He's that dependable. Which is where this request sort of comes in. This poor unfortunate soul had the horrible luck of being the driver on call for that area at the time that Mort made his first order. Ever since then the kid has been pretty much requested as the delivery person. Which might be fine if this was any other costumer.

Instead it's Mort and he's come to view Pizza delivery boy as the go-to guru of all things. If he's home alone and something happens, he calls for delivery. If he's bored, he calls for deliver.y. If he needs advice, he calls for delivery. This kid has probably seen it all by now; dead bodies, blood, things floating around the house, dismembered limbs. He's tried to get away of course, but Mort always finds him, and no matter how often he changes his number he finds himself literally always on call. Think of him as Mort's version of 911 and 411 all tossed in together. Eventually I feel like he just gave up and rolls with it. Mort's not normal, it's cool. He tips big. Whatever, right?

I don't know where this ad came from but I want it. The face in the icon is Tyler Posey but I don't care who they are. I'd prefer for them to be a SF original, but if you want them to be from the portal that's fine too. Gimmie.

pizza guy
i just want to deliver pizza
is that too much to ask
fuck
survivors
open ages
open faces
various
Alright so first things first while Mort's world is based heavily on Final Destination, I am not asking for those characters. I do not want Clear Rivers or Wendy Christensen or any of these actual people. You are more than welcome to take your inspiration from these characters and even use their faces ( I adore Mary Elizabeth Winstead for example so I used a gif of her for this ad. ) but the actual characters themselves are a no. That being said the canon events and deaths of each movie did happen, and it's up to whoever makes the first survivor to decide which movie will be the 'last' of Mort and Kenna's games. Just be aware that the last final destination movie is actually the first, so the bridge incident will be the first game and Mort killed all of them so this character can't say that they escaped the bridge!

If you're not familiar with the concept of the Final Destination movies the survivors are basically a group of people who narrowly escape dying at a huge disaster due to one person getting a vision of the event before it happens. After they are all 'saved' from this disaster, they begin to die one by one in increasingly brutal ways. Until one of the characters realize that Death has a list and he doesn't like it when people skip out on his carefully constructed order. The rest of the movie usually follows a basic pattern after that; survivors figure out the order, survivors try to intervene in each other's deaths, most of them die, the order swings back around to start over again. Everyone dies, ect ect.

In terms of Mort's world ( you can find most of this in his app linked above ) the visions given to the first survivor were granted by Mort's 'twin' Fate. This is her chosen survivor, and the rest are sort of a grab bag of people who just happened to be lucky enough to listen and get away from the disaster alive. Mort does physically interact with the world, something he was never meant to do, to make sure that these people die. He would be compelled even now, to continue where he left off if he met any of the survivors again in this world. The difference now being that he's far more human than he's ever been, and actually regrets the horrible things he did to these people and the games he and Kenna played with their lives.

I want these characters on the board for various reasons. The first being that they'd actually get to meet Death himself face to face, and they'd realized that he's...well, mort. Secondly they are a reminder of a time that both Mort and his twin want to forget. Third I think this would be a great sort of enemies plot because these people would hate him for obvious reasons, especially if they found out that their lives- the lives of the friends they lost, was all a game two board entities were playing. These characters would also be understandably very paranoid and awaiting death at every corner...even if it's been years since the last game. LASTLY their names are still on Mort's list, so in essence Mort has all he needs to just pop up wherever they are and finish his job, and yet? He hasn't. So, you know. THERE IS JUST A LOT OF POTENTIAL HERE OKAY???

I promise the world isn't as complicated as it seems at first blush. And if you have absolutely any questions or think you might one of these poor burnt cinnamon rolls who have gone to hell and back trying to stay alive, then please feel free to come to me with questions or even suggestions!!! Remember that their backgrounds, faces, ages, and anything else you can think of is open!! They could even be some sort of supernatural creature or have minor powers themselves, just...come to me friends and we can haz all the things. u-u

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
mortimer aeron wynter
 Posted: Nov 8 2015, 07:05 AM

As a multi-dimensional representation of death, i kind of don’t think anything is strange. .

death
  the universe
  22 years old
  TAKEN
  pansexual
  HE | HIM
  sam (SHE | HER)
 179 POSTS

awards

BUMP + ADDED A THING. :I

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
mortimer aeron wynter
 Posted: Dec 20 2015, 09:20 PM

death
  the universe
  22 years old
  TAKEN
  pansexual
  HE | HIM
  sam (SHE | HER)
 179 POSTS

awards

buuump c:

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
soren archibald talon
 Posted: Dec 30 2015, 01:06 PM

archimedes
  THE SWORD IN THE STONE
  40 years old
  SINGLE
  heterosexual

myka ()
 39 POSTS

awards

...may or may not be considering Time... <<

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
mortimer aeron wynter
 Posted: Dec 30 2015, 01:42 PM

death
  the universe
  22 years old
  TAKEN
  pansexual
  HE | HIM
  sam (SHE | HER)
 179 POSTS

awards

-squeals excitedly and faints- gimmie the thing >.>

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
hercules orion halkias
 Posted: Dec 30 2015, 03:28 PM

I know every mile will be worth my while. When I go the distance, I'll be right where I belong..

Hercules
  Hercules
  twenty-five years old
  single
  Heterosexual

Christie ()
 18 POSTS

awards

I got Fate starting friday!!!!
PMAIM
^
amara claire fields
 Posted: Jan 23 2016, 06:41 AM

Let's raise some Hell..

WRATH / PATIENCE
  HEAVEN
  32 years old
  SINGLE
  BISEXUAL

sammi ()
 64 POSTS

awards

Sammi is going to make Light. PAWS OFF YO.
PM
^
ray zephyr guthrie
 Posted: Mar 15 2016, 07:38 PM

I'm gonna make this the best day of your life..

Reaper
  The Universe
  30 years old
  Single
  Heterosexual
  He/Him
  Rily (She/Her)
 107 POSTS

awards

A reaper is here!
PM
^
mortimer aeron wynter
 Posted: Jul 2 2016, 11:25 PM

death
  the universe
  22 years old
  TAKEN
  pansexual
  HE | HIM
  sam (SHE | HER)
 179 POSTS

awards

BUMP added a thing >.>

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
mortimer aeron wynter
 Posted: Aug 29 2016, 08:23 PM

death
  the universe
  22 years old
  TAKEN
  pansexual
  HE | HIM
  sam (SHE | HER)
 179 POSTS

awards

BUMP + MORE THINGS \o/

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
mortimer aeron wynter
 Posted: May 31 2017, 04:18 PM

death
  the universe
  22 years old
  TAKEN
  pansexual
  HE | HIM
  sam (SHE | HER)
 179 POSTS

awards

Bump!

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
vida tansy themis
 Posted: Sep 7 2017, 08:09 PM

ENJOY LIFE TODAY. YESTERDAY IS GONE, AND TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME..

LIFE
  THE UNIVERSE
  24 years old
  TAKEN
  HETEROSEXUAL
  SHE/HER
  STACE (SHE/HER)
 170 POSTS

awards

totally biased bump because i/vida (also sam i'm sure) would really love to have angel onsite ;o; someone please make this precious girl. \ o /

--------------------
user posted image

<3 SAMMY
PM
^
mortimer aeron wynter
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 07:07 PM

death
  the universe
  22 years old
  TAKEN
  pansexual
  HE | HIM
  sam (SHE | HER)
 179 POSTS

awards

BUMP + ADDED THE SURVIVORS

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

topic options
addreply
newthread
newpoll

static affiliates | status: open