ralph
FROM Wreck-it-Ralph

❝I don’t need a medal to tell me that I'm a good guy❞

30 YEARS
6'3
heterosexual
Denial
jane

Yep, you guessed it, it's that time of year again. So if you have been around a long time or happened to be near to the cbox when I'm bitching whining about my job, you know that every "spring" starts our busy season. If you haven't, I'll explain quickly. I work at one of the largest nurseries in the USA. We ship pretty much everywhere from Colorado (a few places to the west of that but not many) to New York and even into Canada. I'm in the data processing side of it so while I physically don't touch the plants, I'm one of the girls that make sure the customers get what they want (if we have it) when they need it. And while it's not the best paying job, I really do enjoy it (most of the time). We're busy for roughly 6 months out of the year and then we get paid to do nothing the other 6. "Busy" means 10-12 hour days M-F and 4-5 hrs on Saturdays. It can get crazy and that's not all.

If you don't know already, the lead for my shift had to go in for surgery on her hands the 2nd week of Jan. it was unavoidable and after threatening a lawsuit multiple times, they finally got their shit together and let her do what she needed to do to continue doing her job. She's not even scheduled for a follow up appointment until the 22nd of Feb...and that's not a promised "come back" date. What that means is, I'm the lead for our department. Not the boss, thank god, but the second. Which I kind of hate. Mainly becauae a. I don't know how to do everything that everyone expects and b. More work on my already full plate. Two major accounts that are hell to deal with and over 1.5 million dollar customers, new middle man between me and my original major acct trained by the idiot who cause me so much grief last season, and rehiring the girl who never only worked 1-2 days a week out of 6 days and barely worked when she was here...why because for some reason my boss loves her.

Basically guys, I'm stressed to the max and added to that I'm still pretty sick. This isn't an absence, I'll still be here and doing my best to keep up with my usual activity level. But this is a CYA just in case. If I seem short or not all present, it's not you. It's me, okay? Just be patient with me and I'll try to keep my work problems at work. [Crosses fingers] I'm doing my best to be positive about this season and now worry too much about things I can't handle...and who knows, it could be way less worrisome than I think it will be. Or it could be worse. Just know I'm trying, I love you all so very much, and that this is only temporary.

See you all on the other side,

Jane and her brood (Ralph, Wren, Lilly, Margie, Thea, Nyah, and Hisoka)
PMEmailAIM
^
ralph daniel alcott
 Posted: Apr 18 2017, 03:08 PM

ralph
FROM Wreck-it-Ralph

30 YEARS
6'3
heterosexual
Denial
jane

AN UPDATE:

Busy season is trucking along with Jane doing much better than she thought she'd be. Yes I am extremely behind on onsite things but I am managing to post some--though nowhere near as much as I'd like to or as much as ya'll deserve. But as my motto has been of late, anything helps. My coworkers are all back and doing well (even the shitty one) and we really are moving along at a decent rate. No super long days or weekend shifts (yet) either which is great. That aside as I'm sure many of you have heard, I'm super sick. A lot of it is my own fault since I let whatever it was I originally caught grow and fester inside me since I've been busy but I'm knocked pretty flat rn. As far as I can guess based on symptoms and scripts the doc wrote me, I have a bad case of bronchitis and a chest infection. Lots of shit in my lungs which makes it hard to do anything but wheeze away. Good news is I have a lot of meds now and will (hopefully) be on the mend quickly. I'm still here and doing my best. Just please continue to have patience with me and love me despite my horrible slowness and foggy brain.

Love always,

Jane & her Brood
PMEmailAIM
^
merida eileen macdunn
 Posted: Apr 18 2017, 03:37 PM

Merida
FROM Brave

❝ Our fate lives within us, you only have to be brave enough to see it.❞

20 YEARS
5'7''
Straight
Single
Leigh

Kind of contining from the cbox...
Jane, I hope the meds and stuff you got will bring some much needed relief. It's no fun to be sick and have to deal with daily routines, much less losing your voice. Laryngitis is a nightmare.

Feel better soon!
PM
^
ralph daniel alcott
 Posted: May 17 2017, 04:30 PM

ralph
FROM Wreck-it-Ralph

30 YEARS
6'3
heterosexual
Denial
jane

UPDATE II:

Just quickly wanted to update this.

-Busy season is almost through! That' right gang we made it. It was hairy and touch and go but this are...for the most part...headed back to normal. 2-3 weeks tops and I'll be all yours again.

-On the heath front...things are scary. I won't go into details here in case anyone is bothered by that sort of thing but suffice it to say I have had a rough few weeks. Lots of worry and pain. No answers on that front yet but the doctor is still confident that it's nothing too serious (yet). I'll know more when I have some tests done and I'll update this again afterwards. What I can say is I'M EXHAUSTED. I've slept about 3 hrs a night (or less) for about 10 days now. I don't recommend doing that. Ever. I'm at that point of tiredness where everything is irritating and your brain feels anger-fogged. Good news is I can talk again after 2 months and the doctor said I could (and ought to at this point) take over the counter sleep aids like Melatonin or Zzquil. Bad news is those tend to make me grumpier but...at this point it can't get much worse.

-Once more I ask you to be patient with me. I'm trying to still post and be as active as I can be but...I'm real tired. And it's a bit hard to find muse amidst my RL shit fest. But I love you all and I'm doing the best I can.

Xoxox Janey
PMEmailAIM
^
tau stian adebowale
 Posted: May 17 2017, 05:31 PM

SIMBA
FROM The Lion King

❝ You said you'd always be there for me! But you're not. It's because of me. It's my fault.❞

33 YEARS
6'0
Nyah-sexual
Married
MAX

user posted image

JANEEEEEE. Everything will be okay, I'm always here for you if you need to talk or vent or if you'd like to be brutally murdered with feels. Health issues can be a horrendous pain in the ass battle, you'll get through this I promise. -picks up and cuddles- But your voice is back so that's one good thing!!! Oh boy so ready for this 2-3 weeks to be over to harass you hardcore. ... that didn't sound as supportive as I wanted, but you feel me.

user posted image
PM
^
★AMANDA
 Posted: May 17 2017, 06:05 PM

Betty Cooper
FROM Riverdale

❝We must do better.❞

24 YEARS
5'3"
IN LOVE
WITH EDS
AMANDA

Oh Jane I'm sorry this busy season for you didn't turn out to be a run-of-the-mill well... busy season. It sounds terrible and I hope you can get to the bottom of your health issues soon. I wish you all the love and sleep in the world <3
PMEmail
^
scot conner grayson
 Posted: May 18 2017, 01:18 AM

scamp
FROM LADY AND THE TRAMP

❝I'M A JUNKYARD DOG!❞

18 YEARS
5'9"
BISEXUAL
WAT?
tay

N/A

Jane, love. :( I'm so sorry you're going through this, and you KNOW I'm always here to talk if you ever need to, or if you just wanna vent I'm here to listen! I'm glad the doc says its still nothing to worry about, keep holding on to that, love. <3 I LOVE YOU, DEAR. You got this. <3

ON THE POSITIVE SIDE, YAY ABOUT WORK SLOWING DOWN! 8D

user posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

static affiliates: now accepting