ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY -> feeding the ducks
click to rearrange
a bit quiet? join us on
discord!

endless diamond sky 
spotlights
LAUREN

Our resident meme queen, Lauren is always a positive figure in the chat and on site, and we're glad to have her! It's a blast to watch her colorful array of characters interact with others, from SF native Theo to our favorite misguided stepsister Alex. Whether she's plotting, posting, or just being herself, she never fails to bring smiles to our faces.

MEMBER OF THE MONTH
PAIR OF THE MONTH

INGRID GRIMOIRE & SEDRICK SHELLEY

THREAD OF THE MONTH

YOU PICKED ME
GABRIEL RICHTER & KATHERINE BELLAMY

COLLEEN JAMESON
charas of the month

ELIJAH HAYES
welcome!
Welcome to ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY! We are an animation personified site set both in the animated world and present day San Francisco. A terrible darkness is spreading through the animated realm, driving everyone from their homes and into unknown territory that we know as reality. Now they find themselves at a crossroads: do they fight for their world or do they turn their back on it and make San Francisco their home? What will you choose?

setting 
san francisco, calif. 2018

___

please register
first middle last
in all lowercase!
AMANDA (admin)
SAM (admin)
FOREST (admin)
POND (mod)
ALLIE (mod)
staff
DISCLAIMER:
EDS is known to cause death by soul-crushing feels. Don't forget your feels bucket.

addreply
newthread
newpoll

feeding the ducks, pond/janine <3
isabella grace clare
 Posted: Apr 2 2017, 04:59 AM

A dream is a wish your heart makes.

Cinderella
  Cinderella
  21 years old
  Seeking
  Heterosexual
  she/her
  lowrie (she/her)
 185 POSTS

awards

Golden Gate Park; it was a marvel of landscaping really. Ten lakes, all with an interesting range of biodiversity. It was hard to believe really, especially to young Ella, who having only not long come to San Francisco, was very much keen to explore. Stepping through one of the many gates, it was hard to pinpoint where to look first. The sparkling water, or the green spaces and bright colours of the spring flowers. It was almost jarring to the system after the buildings of the city. It was as though with one step you have come from a city into a meadow.

With a picnic basket over one arm, held steady with the other hand, she turned to her new friend. Smiling at the girl and her dog, Ella confessed her feeling of being overwhelmed, “Wow what a lovely place this is! Shall we find the ducks first, give them some breakfast?” She spoke softly, as though her breath was caught by the beauty of the park. The former servant girl was glad to be out in the spring air, it always was her favourite time of year, full of promise and hope.

Together they walked along the path, just taking their time to take in the flowers and the wildlife flying around. Ella found herself happy, more happy than she had been since her father was alive. As much as she had tried to make the most of a bad situation, there was really little good to be found in her life; but it made her happy to have those little moments, at least she had some good, if not much. With a spring in her step, causing her pastel coloured blue and pink flowered dress to flounce, you wouldn’t know her sad past to look at her.

wearingjanine bianca winters • notes:hopt this is ok jewel <3

--------------------
user posted image
images all made by sam thanks! <3
PM
^
janine bianca winters
 Posted: May 16 2017, 01:22 PM

I DIDN'T MEAN TO FRIGHTEN YOU..

snow white
  snow white and the seven dwarfs
  26 years old
  single
  straight

pond ()
 167 POSTS

awards

The outdoors world was beautiful, and that was something Janine always knew. It was the same back home- which was still an odd concept to think about- and it was incredible. There were so many real things that she had never even thought of before, so many events that were still plaguing her thoughts. At least, if there was one positive thing out of all of it, she and Leo had made up, although it had all been her fault. She had run away, she had pushed him aside in her terror. Could anyone truly blame her? She hadn’t known what was going on, and she didn’t think she ever would. Yet now everything was new and exciting, and she was almost starting all over again.

It was like she was a new person.

Of course she wanted to experience this whole world again. She wanted to see all sorts of things, now that her mind felt clearer. Was it really, though? She recalled everything from before, things were just different now. Janine knew who she really was- a princess of sorts. A woman who could sing with the birds and make them listen, a woman who was apparently beautiful, far more than she could have imagined… To the point where her own mother wanted to kill her. How? Why? There was just so much she didn’t understand.

But the park was nice, a place to relax. A place where she could spend time with friends, new and old. Ella was so sweet, and she never cared when Janine wanted to bring Prince Charming with her on adventures. Who didn’t appreciate that? ”Yes! I think they deserve a bit of a treat.” how was this whole place so beautiful? It was such a distraction in her life, ”I’m glad we live somewhere so beautiful, aren’t you?” she spoke, a smile on her face, ”This is always so incredible.”

isabella grace clare

--------------------
user posted image
Sam <3
PM
^
isabella grace clare
 Posted: Aug 23 2017, 02:41 PM

Cinderella
  Cinderella
  21 years old
  Seeking
  Heterosexual
  she/her
  lowrie (she/her)
 185 POSTS

awards

Ella was so looking forward to getting to know Janine a little better, learn more about the girl and how she came to San Francisco. The former servant girl so adored listening to others stories, even though most of them were sad. After all, they had all lost their home, but it was what they did to overcome that that Ella so admired. She looked to them to better her own life, to learn from those that came before her. Her and Janine were “matched” so to speak; Haven Hill liked to pair up those of similar natures or situations. Ella was intrigued to learn which it was that led Haven Hill to introduce them.

With a wide smile at Janine, Ella nodded at her agreement to feed the ducks first. Animals were always there for her, so Ella had always tried her best to be there for them. They may not talk in this world, but Ella still had an understanding of them. “Oh yes, they are such sweet things!” She gushed, “Even though geese can have a moment…. I hope they are on their best behaviour for us today.” She said thoughtfully, walking towards a lake that had a bridge. Ella liked bridges, to drop a little lettuce or left over rice and watch the ducks rush towards it. Ella smiled as she looked around the park once more, taking in the scent and bright colours of the plants. “We are, aren’t we?” She agreed.

“This reminds me of our garden back home,” she spoke softly her tone reminiscing. Ella had tried her best to keep the garden going as it was. It was a job though, she could only really focus on the vegetables more than the flowers as that was their source of food. The flowers unfortunately took second place, and though she tried, they were never the same as when her parents were alive. “Yourself? Does this place remind you of anywhere Janine dear?” Ella was always a curious girl, ever edger to learn and listen to others and what they taught her.

wearingjanine bianca winters • notes:sorry this is late <3

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
janine bianca winters
 Posted: Oct 17 2017, 06:27 PM

snow white
  26 years old
  single
  straight

pond ()
 167 POSTS

awards

There were still so many thoughts in her head, so many ideas she wasn’t sure about. Things she still had to come to realize about herself and the life she hadn’t known she lived. It was scary, really, to have had forgotten so much of herself, to struggle through so much pain. Her life wasn’t what she thought it was, and it would never be the same again. She would have to relearn much about the world around her, and that was how things would be from now on. Janine would make new friends, of course, but now they would not know her as the oddest girl, but as the girl who was still learning and someone who was strong. Of course she was odd, that would always be a bit of Janine, but she wasn’t quite the girl she was before.

It was nice to meet someone like Ella. Someone who understood and could grasp her situation better. Janine was meeting people through Haven Hill thanks to the direction of others she could confide in- and now she was meeting people who could help set so much straight in her life. People who could explain to her why this or that happened, and people who could help her keep her memories strong. After all, she couldn’t rely on Leo for everything, he had to be able to have a life of his own. He was just someone she would rely on for other things. Ella? She was a princess much like the brunette, and someone Janine could be herself around. With similarish upbringings, it made things far easier to handle.

”Oh yes!” Janine smiled, ”I’ve seen what geese can do and it’s quite scary at times!” she shook her head, ”Hopefully they understand we’re just here to feed them. No need to be afraid.” that’s all they were, right? Afraid? It was hard to see, but it was the truth. ”This is one of the most beautiful places in my memories.” Janine looked around a bit, ”Not even my home was like this, although that’s still all a bit blurry. All still new and different.” Ella would understand, though, of course she would. Ella was simply wonderful like that, and Janine hardly even knew her.

”It does remind me a bit of home…” she nodded, ”There was a well, at least. A lake nearby, though I don’t think I saw it much. And a river? It was interesting.” Janine bit her lip, ”It’s hard when things still aren’t clear. Did you ever forget?”
isabella grace clare

--------------------
user posted image
Sam <3
PM
^
isabella grace clare
 Posted: Dec 10 2017, 10:12 AM

Cinderella
  Cinderella
  21 years old
  Seeking
  Heterosexual
  she/her
  lowrie (she/her)
 185 POSTS

awards

Ella’s home was a farm of sorts. They were self sufficient in many ways, they had to be after her father had died and her step-mother ruined their fortunes. She might had been a young girl at the time, but even she knew a little of what her father did and had worked so hard for. To see it spend on frivolous things for her step-family hurt, but she had to keep quiet and her head down as her beautiful home declined into disrepair. She had tried her best to make do and mend, and as a result she had many strings to her bow, but money was needed to keep things going…

At least she still had her memories of her home, unlike Janine. She couldn’t really imagine losing such memories that were central to who she was. Yet memories of her mother were faded, it more a feeling now, a song, her voice and a smell. She could remember her smile, but her face was harder to recall. Some would say she had taken to romanticising her mother, just that she was lovey and sweet in all ways. That she tried her hardest to emulate her mother and to be a daughter she could be proud of.

The blonde did know of losing memories, she had heard of others in Haven Hill that had lost them. Or had completely different memories. The portal was truly magic to be able to help others cope with tragedy if they did not want to remember such things. Yet if they happened across the bridge and got those memories back, it must be a shock. One could imagine such things, but one would not really know how they felt. Ella never really did try to tell them she understood, but she was there to listen if they needed to talk. Sometimes that was all they needed, a listening ear as they tried to make sense of it all.

Ella could tell that Janine was still struggling to remember finer details though she knew who she was now. “Oh, a well! Was it a wishing well?” She asked gently, curious for she knew of wishing wells. She simply nodded at Janine’s admission that she was finding it hard still. She didn’t really understand, but she understood that it must be hard. “I never did forget when I crossed…” she admitted to the woman, still making their way to the duck pond. “Though I am starting to slip…. I shall have to cross soon I think…” She didn’t really want to cross, the first time when she came here was so sudden and unexpected she feared crossing the first time back to the animated world.

wearingjanine bianca winters • notes:sorry this is late <3

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
janine bianca winters
 Posted: Dec 13 2017, 02:40 PM

snow white
  26 years old
  single
  straight

pond ()
 167 POSTS

awards

So things weren’t quite how Janine expected them to be in the long run of her life- at least not what she previously thought to be true. It was strange, really, to be in such a state of mind. What was really real? There was a part of Janine that was afraid that even now, her thoughts were wrong. What if there were even more memories out there, ones that didn’t make any sense? What if she would never know the truth again? Of course these thoughts, these newly acquired ones, actually seemed to be the truth. They seemed to be the ones that were her actual life, no matter what anyone else would tell her. Besides, it was Leo who brought them back. He was a trustworthy and incredible person- someone she knew she could alway rely on. So why was she so afraid?

At least Ella was a wonderful soul to have around. Someone that Janine could truly connect with and befriend. She’d have to bring Prince Charming to meet her soon- she knew the two would get along. Especially as her little pup seemed to love everyone! Perhaps she should have trusted his intuition right away- he always knew which way to lead Janine when it was needed. But now she could better lead herself- she just had to figure out what she was going to do next. Who did she want to meet? Where did she want to go? Of course she wanted to keep on working at the animal shelter, but they still thought her strange, even now that she had realized more about herself. There was no need for medication, no need for barely enough money. So what was she to do?

The apparent princess didn’t know how to handle the memories half the time- but she could at least talk to Ella about it. Together they could go to the other world and learn more about it. Janine could only assume that Ella had gone before, as it was apparently required to keep their memories, but it was entirely new to the brunette. She would just need people to teach her all about this world- but how? ”Yes, a wishing well. I would sing to it, I remember.” she nodded a bit slowly, ”It’s odd, it all feels like a dream, but somehow it’s real?” surely Ella could understand such a thing, because Janine didn’t know how to quite handle it herself. What could she do?

”I can’t believe I forgot so much…” Janine shook her head, ”I mean, I suppose it makes sense with everything that happened that brought me here, but its still so unreal?” it was very curious. As the details came back to life, there were only more and more things to question. ”I haven’t crossed before. What’s it like? Perhaps we could go together sometime?” she knew nothing of this other world- but she wanted to know about it all. Perhaps, somehow, she could remember even more? She stood at the edge of the duck pond, watching the little birds float around, ”It’s beautiful here.”

isabella grace clare

--------------------
user posted image
Sam <3
PM
^
isabella grace clare
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 09:19 AM

Cinderella
  Cinderella
  21 years old
  Seeking
  Heterosexual
  she/her
  lowrie (she/her)
 185 POSTS

awards

Ella linked an arm through Janine’s and she spoke, hoping to give a little comfort to her new friend. She was quiet as she listened to Janine talk of the well, smiling as she remembered something. This was good, well so Ella hoped, for the sooner one can remember, surely they’d be able to move on, to make a life. Rather than be stuck in a world of not knowing. Well she thought that way, and it was something she was trying to do. Her life was nothing before the darkness, not since her father had died, and for one night it would had all changed. It had all changed really for the portal appeared and she fell through, she was able to escape her old life, and was concentrating on making a new one here.

The blonde really had no answers for Janine, but then she didn’t think Janine was expecting an answer. For who could answer her questions but herself. “Did you cross with someone when you got your memories back?” She asked, wondering if perhaps they might be able to help, or someone that came from the same place she did. That way she could know more about who she was. Ella really had no answers, just more questions for the girl, and that probably won’t help. She really should just listen.

They came to the edge of the duck pond, and Ella smiled at them all swimming towards them. It was like they knew what would be coming, that food was soon to be thrown to them and they’d squabble. “I couldn’t tell you sweetie, I’ve yet to cross back over myself.” She really ought to though, she had been so busy work. That was not entirely true, truth was she was scared to. But maybe she should try, with Janine and the two of them can do it together. Ella put a hand into the picnic basket and brought out the tub with the left over rice and salad leaves to feed them. “It is isn’t it? Here dear, take some to feed them.” She held out the tub for Janine to help herself.

janine bianca winters

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
janine bianca winters
 Posted: Mar 2 2018, 04:08 PM

snow white
  26 years old
  single
  straight

pond ()
 167 POSTS

awards

Sometimes Janine did lose herself in her thoughts, especially with the new titlewave of information inside her mind. It was honestly like an explosion inside of her, and it was driving her to learn more and more, as well as spend time with all those she cared about. Especially those like her. How many people had expected her to be from some other world? How many knew what she didn’t? Few, she assumed, especially since it was so easy to keep hidden what you didn’t know. Finally Janine would finally be able to make a real life for herself in this world, and one that didn’t have any confusion leftover. Everything was crystal clear now, if she were to be honest. Confusing, but still as clear as could be. That truly was an odd state of mind to be in no matter who you were, or what you had gone through in your life.

The brunette smiled as she and her friend linked arms. Someone who truly understood her was such a lovely change, and one she certainly couldn’t regret. It kept her just a bit more sane as she worked through all her thoughts. Her life was new and different, and to be entirely honest, amazing now. She knew everything and could be herself. Even if she had unanswered questions, and things she could constantly wonder about. How could one’s mother be so terrible, so cruel? Why had she been so unloved? A bit strong to think, perhaps, but important nonetheless. ”I didn’t cross at all.” at least, not when the memories first came rushing back. ”It was a kiss.” Janine spoke with a bit of a blush, ”From my prince in that world. Can you believe it?” she smiled, ”I crossed once after that, but it’s been a few weeks.” she was just trying to accept everything before she went exploring again- it was complete insanity.

At least the duck pond was a quiet place that wouldn’t change. No matter what you would always find a duck or two searching for a little bite to eat. Perhaps it wasn’t the most healthy thing for them, but Janine enjoyed it. ”Perhaps we could cross together at some point?” Janine offered. If they both needed to go to learn more, well, why go alone at all? They could keep an eye on one another, surely it would work out! Janine reached out and took a handful of the rice and salad, ”Thank you for bringing all this. I’m sure they’ll love the treat.” she dropped a few pieces onto the ground, watching the ducks approach and take a few bites.

isabella grace clare

--------------------
user posted image
Sam <3
PM
^
isabella grace clare
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 04:49 PM

Cinderella
  Cinderella
  21 years old
  Seeking
  Heterosexual
  she/her
  lowrie (she/her)
 185 POSTS

awards

Ella gasped when Janine told her that she had never crossed to regain her memories. How curious! Ella never thought that something else could trigger a memory, but perhaps she should have done. She only knew herself how the smell of tobacco from a pipe would remind her of her father, or the smell of the flowers from the garden her mother’s perfume. So why shouldn’t something be able to trigger something forgotten? “Oh! How lovely!”

A kiss! From her prince as well! Ella smiled at Janine and leaned into her. Her thoughts turned to her almost kiss with her dance partner not so long ago. As always the old killjoy of the clock interrupted her as it did her dreams and forced her away! “A Prince you say? Is he handsome, kind and brave?” She teasingly questioned, distracting herself from her thoughts and turning her attention back to Janine.

The look of gratitude Ella gave her new friend was sincere, “Oh thank you, I would like that very much!” Ella was sure she would feel much better if she had a friend to cross with. A lot more sure of herself and would be braver to try. “I know it is probably silly of me not to want to cross, to be scared.” She admitted quietly, “but I’ve heard things, and though I have not experienced them when I first came here, I shouldn’t like to…” The darkness hit as she was fleeing from the palace, the clock struck the last chime of the hour as she went careening through the magic arch that appeared. Ending up in a heap on the bridge with just the glass slipper and the tattered remains of her mothers' dress. At least she had her animal friends with her so she was not so alone.

“Of course, can’t let it go to waste now.” She smiled again as she took a handful herself and dropped it into the pond. Ella was only too happy to bring anything that people won’t, or can’t eat after for the birds. It would just end up in the bin, she’d rather it went on the compost heap, but it seems not many people do that kind of thing. So the ducks got a treat and they seem to appreciate it judging by their happy quacks and mad dashes to get to it. “Now now, there is plenty to go around, no fighting!” She said in a sing-song to three birds that seemed to all be vying for the same bit of food.

janine bianca winters

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

topic options
addreply
newthread
newpoll

static affiliates | status: open