|Home||Help Search Members Calendar Shoutbox|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
- endless diamond sky -
Acxe is a true gem. Always present, always eager to offer up support and a kind word. They've given life to an interesting cast of characters from Kristoff to Cerberus, all of which are a welcome edition to EDS and played phenomenally. If you haven't, now is definately a good time to show your appreciation, and thank Acxe for everything they do!
Sterling & Helen
CATEGORY: OOC QUOTE
"i have heart boners for all of you"
Welcome to ENDLESS DIAMOND SKY! We are an animation personified site set both in the animated world and present day San Francisco. Open since OCTOBER 2015, we are a friendly, thriving community who welcomes players from all levels and backgrounds. When registering your account, please register with first middle last in all lowercase!
A terrible darkness is spreading through the animated realm, driving everyone from their homes and into unknown territory that we know as reality. Now they find themselves at a crossroads: do they fight for their world or do they turn their back on it and make San Francisco their home? What will you choose?
SAN FRANCISCO, CALIF.
PRESENT DAY, 2018
DANGER LEVEL : LOW
FEELS WILL BE COMPROMISED
Posted: Jun 13 2018, 09:30 AM
site, community & general rules
• Respect and civility are not optional across all platforms associated with EDS. This includes the forum itself, the C-box, as well as the Discord server and Tumblr.
As with any community, not everyone will be friends and not everyone will get along, but every single person here is deserving of respect and kindness in our common spaces and should be given that. There may be disagreements or debates at times, but remember that everyone is entitled to their own opinion - be aware of the language you use when addressing other members. Name calling and slandering is not tolerated and can result in a warning. While we cannot see all that goes on outside these public spaces, fighting between members will not be tolerated. If you have a problem with anyone, contact a staff member.
• Similarly, if you are having a problem of any kind on-site, contact a staff member and tell us about it as soon as you can.
• Do not pester other members for thread or plot replies.
• Similarly, do not pester administrators to review your application.
• Plagiarism (of applications, posts, graphics, etc.) is not tolerated on EDS. This includes removing credit on codes and templates.
chat box & discord etiquette
• Avatars must be 250x350px.
• The maximum width for signatures is 500px. Please do not stretch the board.
• Images that involve nudity, explicit content, or vulgar gestures have no place on board. Think of the rules on images as PG-13, but please use your best judgement.
Posted: Jun 13 2018, 11:15 AM
character & application rules
general character guidelines
• Characters must have a first, middle, and last name. This will be your username when registering - please register in all lowercase.
• Canons here on EDS are the characters themselves personified. This is not a “spirits” site.
• No Mary Sues or Gary Stus please. Give your character layers and depth. Nobody's perfect - no character should be either.
• Do not godmod other characters when creating your application.
• Please follow the established timeline cutoff of the characters that are from that movie and present on the board already.
• The minimum character age is 18. Canons that are children in their film will be “aged up” by the portal.
• All playbys, like the characters they will be playing, must be 18 or older in real life. When in doubt, Google!
• If there is a movie not on our Canon List that you are interested in playing a character from, let an admin know to see if we will allow it to be added.
• Do not mix movie canons. Remember, this is not a Once Upon A Time site, and therefore each movie is separate until the darkness arrives.
• Likewise, you cannot mix the established movie canon with the "real" world outside of the site plot. The animated world and the real world must remain completely separate until darkness comes into play, wherever the canon cutoff is established.
• Some canon worlds are combined in cases of sequels or related universes.
• In the case of several films being “inspired” so to say from the same source, we will allow that character to exist in more than one canon.
• While side characters or Animated Original Characters are allowed to bear witness to the events of canon movies, they are not allowed to influence the events that occur unless stated in canon.
• Do not use an original character you have from elsewhere as a canon here.
• If you do not have a reserve up for a character or a playby, then you have no claim to them - they are open for anyone to take.
• Do not go out of your way to contact another member or guest in an attempt to discourage them from making a specific character.
• If you wish to rewrite or change your application after it has been accepted, please contact an admin prior to making any edits more significant than something like a change of face claim, age, or occupation.
• If you are applying for the first character of a canon on site, you may choose the point at which you cut off the story.
If your chosen canon has sequels or mid-quels, you may choose whether or not to include them before your canon cut off. You do not need to if you do not wish to.
• We do allow characters from sequels here, even if the canon for a sequel has not happened yet because it was cut off in the first movie. However, you will have to alter the character's background.
• In relation to canon characters, be considerate of current or future partners when adding life-altering events to canon (weddings, deaths, pregnancy, etc).
• We do not consider the storylines of related TV series to be canon. Characters appearing solely in the series are not playable canons onsite.
racebends, genderbends & more
• Do your best to find a face that matches your canon. If there are major differences (ie. completely different hair color), justify that in the “character connections” section of your app.
Sometimes it’s hard to find the right shade of hair or maybe a faceclaim is perfect but their eye color is off. Some changes might have “magical” reasons for the change, after all the portal does some mysterious things! This is usually fine, whatever the cause, but something worthwhile to outline in your app.
• While we do not deny applications on terms of faceclaim chosen alone, we do not support whitewashing on a general basis.
• Racebending (white character to a person of color) is accepted.
• Gender Bending is allowed for some minor (usually non-human) characters with admin permission.
• As stated above, changing the sexuality of a canon character is acceptable, and “character connections” is a good place to elaborate on your reasons for doing so.
• While member groups are not frequently distinguished onsite other than sorting of applications, member groups are a good way to tell the role of your canon in your film if someone is unfamiliar!
If they are the main protagonist by storytelling standards, they should fall in the Hero/Heroine categories. Same rings true for the film’s main antagonist or henchmen: Villain/Villainess. Lad/Lass are our broadest categories, and they cover all types of other various characters - parents of the hero, sidekicks, and minor characters.
• For characters that change roles throughout the film, member group may be more fluid and a little more “gray” than others.
• The canon cutoff point from which you pull the character can have some bearing on your member group, as it does on the way you play said character.
• Please note your app may be pended if we find that you have used the wrong member group. If you are unsure of what group to use, ask a staffer and we can provide our suggestion.
• Any currently accepted characters whose member groups do not match the above clarified rules need not change their member group at this point and are grandfathered into the above rules.
• There is no limit to the number of characters you can play, but please be honest with yourself and what you can handle in order to remain active.
If you're feeling overwhelmed or notice that some of your characters aren't getting the love they deserve, consider dropping a character or two. If the staff is worried that you may have accumulated too many characters, you may be asked to reevaluate your roster.
• In some cases, you may have two characters from the same movie.
• Before reserving or applying for a second/third/etc. character, you must wait one week from the date of the acceptance of your last.
• In addition, you must have all characters (including your most recent) on your plotter and provide five in character posts from the most recent.
• If during the last Activity Check you had to ask for any your characters to be saved, we will not accept new applications from you until certain terms are met (in addition to the usual 1 week wait time + updated plotter + 5 IC posts).
• If you wish to drop a character during the month (not over the time of the activity check), you may do so. In this case, please PM an administrator and we'll help you out. You do not need to provide any reason.
Posted: Jun 13 2018, 11:19 AM
plotting, posting & activity rules
• We require the use of plotters/shippers in order to make sure our members are up to date and their characters are accessible.
However, you are not required to use them as your main mode of plotting and communication if you find that you work better with other methods. The plotting forum is there as a bare minimum, but all forms of plotting are acceptable and we want you to use whatever you feel most comfortable with. Try to keep your plotter as updated as possible on things like occupation, housing status, relationship status, etc. - this is the best way to ensure that your fellow members understand your characters before they plot with you.
• You are responsible for plotting your own characters. Do not wait for other people to post on your plotter.
• Be flexible and be ready and willing to compromise.
• Again, do not pester people for plot replies. Be patient.
• Do not force pairings, canon or otherwise. You are not at all required to stick with canon pairings.
• We have a lovely thread full of plotting tips and tricks if you find yourself struggling. Take a look here and you may find it helpful!
• You may bump your want ads once a week.
• If you can, try to avoid advertising for canon characters who are not from the same movies as the characters you play.
• If you advertise for animated originals, please post in the correct subforum.
• In character role playing posts should be in third person and past tense.
• We have no formatting requirements. Templates are allowed, but not mandatory. If you need help with a template, feel free to ask.
• There is no word count for this site.
• Try your best to follow grammatical rules such as proper punctuation, proper capitalization, etc.
• Please make sure that there is no godmodding in your posts.
• Mature content is allowed, but must be marked somehow in the thread title. Please be sure to include that marker in all links you leave for that thread.
• Additional activity rules and specific details on post requirements can be found in our Activity Check, posted every month around the 9th-11th. The AC will remain open until the last day of that same month.
If the AC rules change at any time, Announcements and the AC thread itself is the best place to look for updated information.
• Our minimum requirement for posting is one per month, per character.
• If you do not meet the requirements of our Activity Checks, your character(s) will be marked as inactive and their app(s) and thread(s) will be sent to the graveyard.
• We consider saving any number of characters as "saving" on the whole. Whether you have one or ten characters, if you ask to save one, it's still a general "save."
• If you happen to miss your very first AC as a member on the board, we will automatically save your character for you.
• Posts in the Absences forum will ONLY save you from an AC in the case of an emergency. If you have ANY doubt whatsoever about being able to make a check, it is your responsibility to preemptively PM an admin to let them know ASAP.
• We do not accept "I don't have any posts I owe" as an excuse to miss the AC.
• If you miss an AC and have to ask for a character back after they have already been marked "inactive," you have 3 days to repost your claims.
• Failure to post in the AC thread with the characters you intend on keeping - with or without having any IC posts for them - can result in the loss of ALL of your characters. Do NOT wait until the last minute to post in the AC.
• After bringing any of your characters back from being marked “inactive” during an activity check, in order to bring back old characters, you must meet the requirements as if they are new again.
• Please do not try to take on more characters than you can realistically handle. If you find yourself struggling to post once a month with the number of characters you have, consider dropping characters.
• You are not required to drop characters only at AC time. As stated before, you may drop a character by PMing an admin at any time!
• If we believe you have been struggling, you may be contacted by an admin to discuss your activity. The first time this happens, it is not for warning purposes but to express concern.
• If your activity continues to remain at the same level or worsens, we will provide you with a formal warning. This may or may NOT be preceded by a conversation of concern as stated in the last rule.
• After that warning, your activity does not improve, and you ask to be saved, you will be notified that this is your last save for six (6) months.
• In the rare event of a "Soft" Activity Check or an Interest Check, we do not expect anyone to post, regardless of their activity before that check.