|Home||Help Search Members Calendar Shoutbox|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
Posted on: Oct 5 2015, 11:36 PM
respect & communication
• Respect is not optional. As with any community, not everyone will be friends and not everyone will get along, but every single person here is deserving of respect and kindness and should be given that. Fighting between members will not be tolerated. If you have a problem with another member (or even a staffer), contact a staff member.
• Similarly, good communication is very important. If you are having a problem of any kind on-site, contact a staff member and tell us about it. We cannot fix problems we don't know about. We're here to help make your experience a good one.
• Do not go out of your way to contact another member or guest in an attempt to discourage them from making a specific character. If you do not have a reserve up for a character, then you have no claim to them - they are open for anyone to take. Having an in progress application posted or an icon of a character in the chat box but no reserve means the character is open and can be claimed by someone else. We understand that both these situations suck, but please be mature. If you have been contacted by someone trying to talk you out of a character, please contact a staff member.
• Plagiarism of writing, graphics, coding, or anything else will not be tolerated and will result in an instant ban. If you suspect that something of yours has been stolen, please contact a staff member.
• Do not pester other members for thread or plot replies. If the thread has been left for several months, that's one thing, but please give your fellow members time to think about their responses. Similarly, do not pester administrators to review your application. We cannot always read applications immediately after they're posted, but they will be reviewed within 24 hours of completion. Do not use the alert system to notify admins when your application is complete.
• No spamming and no advertising. Limit discussions of other sites or take them to PM/AIM/etc. if possible.
• Be respectful and kind to guests. If they ask for opinions, you may give yours, but do not degrade anyone else's in the process. Stay friendly.
• Please keep heavy plotting out of the cbox. Light plotting and talking about characters is perfectly fine. If someone is harping on a single topic to the point where you do not want to be in the cbox anymore or you feel like you're being driven out, contact a staff member.
• Do not link your plotter or want ads in the cbox. If a guest asks about want ads, link them to the entire forum unless you're helping them find ads for a specific character they're interested in.
• Images that are explicit or overly vulgar in nature are not allowed. This can be interpreted to mean: nudity, sexual hand gestures (mimicking different acts or using widely known gestures for them), or excessive gore. Just be tasteful. Using something that falls into one of the above categories can result in a warning all the way up to a permanent ban.
• The cbox is a spoiler free zone. If someone asks you to stop talking about something because they don't want to be spoiled or uses the "spoilers" gif in the cbox, please take your conversation elsewhere.
• Canons here on DS are the characters themselves personified. For this reason, we ask that you stick as closely to their actions and personality in their movie as you can. You may put your personal twist on a character and make some changes to their personality/sexuality/etc., but please support it logically in the character connections segment of your app.
• No Mary Sues or Gary Stus please. Give your character layers and depth. Nobody's perfect - no character should be either.
• Please follow the established timeline cutoff of the characters that are from that movie and present on the board already. You can find that information in their applications, and if you're still unsure after reading those, just send a PM to the player and ask.
• NEW! Do not mix movie canons. While we encourage you to explore other canon worlds with your character after acceptance, we do not allow characters from one movie to influence another prior to the arrival of the darkness as it interferes with the integrity of each movie's individual world. For example, Fievel Mousekewitz would not be found helping out with Cinderella's dress. Remember, this is not a Once Upon A Time site, and therefore each movie is separate until the darkness arrives.
• NEW! While original characters are allowed to bear witness to the events of canon movies, they are not allowed to influence the events that occur. Playing a passive role in movie events (such as being a part of Scar's hyena army taking over Pride Rock) is very different than actively causing movie events (hyena soldier killing Mufasa himself). Please note that this also applies to plotting - anything after the arrival of the darkness is fair game, but do not plot out changes to canon with characters outside of that canon. When in doubt, ask an admin for help.
• Do not godmod other characters when creating your application. Try to focus on your character alone as much as possible. Don't make other characters do things that weren't stated in the canon story of the movie. If we see these things in your application, you will be asked to edit.
• Do not use an original character you have from elsewhere as a canon here. It isn't fair to those who play related canons or anyone else who would be interested in that character. Play the canon as a canon. We have two different categories of original characters here, so if you want to play your OC here, please do so through that route instead!
• Genderbends for characters are sometimes allowed for minor canons and androgynous characters. Please PM an admin to ask for permission before beginning your application.
• Characters must have a first, middle, and last name.
• REVISED The minimum character age is 18. We understand that some characters might be younger than that in their animated form, but they should all manifest in the real world at an age that is eighteen or above. Think of it as a crazy plot point for younger characters - they would be a kid in an adult's body the instant they stepped into San Francisco! Take any established cutoff times into account, as this will further affect the age of your character.
• All playbys, like the characters they will be playing, must be 18 or older in real life. When in doubt, Google!
• Do your best to find a face that matches your canon. If there are major differences (ie. completely different hair color), justify that in your character connections.
• If you wish to rewrite or change your application after it has been accepted, please contact an admin prior to making any edits more significant than what could be equated to a change of age or occupation. In some cases, you will need to repost your application for review in the in progress or completed application boards all over again so we can compare it to your old application and plainly see what was changed. You will be allowed to continue playing your character during this period, but keep in mind that you may be asked to make changes in the same fashion as a new application.
• We have two categories of original characters: real world originals and animated originals. Information and rules for both these categories can be found here.
• We do allow characters from sequels here. However, if the canon for a sequel has not happened yet because it was cut off in the first movie, you will have to alter the character's background. For example, Scamp's parents would not be Lady and Tramp, but someone of your creation. It's always a good idea to contact the players of characters from the first movie to see what you can use and if you can come up with any ideas together. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
• In the case of the Peter Pan movies and Tinker Bell movies, due to the character overlap and the rather large differences in characterization, both are allowed on-site and are considered alternate universes. This means there can be two Tinker Bells and two James Hooks.
• Avatars must be 250x350px. The maximum width for signatures is 500px. Please do not stretch the board.
• Images that involve nudity, explicit content, or vulgar gestures have no place on board.
• You are responsible for plotting your own characters. Do not wait for other people to post on your plotter. Actively seek out the plots you want. Take risks. Be creative.
• There is no such thing as being bad at plotting. Offer ideas - would your characters be friends? Would they dislike each other? Do they both visit similar places in San Francisco? Do they have the same job? If you're not sure how to plot with a character you're interested in, think about your own character and use traits from your own character to offer ideas on places and ways the two could meet.
• Be flexible. You may offer an idea that another player might not think would work for their character. Be respectful of that. Compromise.
• You are not at all required to stick with canon pairings. Be respectful of non-canon ships. Respect other players if they say they do not want to follow through with the canon ship.
• Do not force pairings, canon or otherwise. It's no fun to play a romance you're not into. Honor your fellow player's wishes. If they're not interested or seem unenthusiastic, discuss the pairing with them.
• If you can, try to avoid advertising for canon characters who are not from the same movies as the characters you play. Keep your ideas in mind for plotting if that character is made on-site instead.
• If you advertise for animated originals, please write at the top of the ad that those characters are not open to guests and link to the rules about originals to avoid confusion.
• We have no required word count. Post what you are comfortable with, but make sure there's enough for your thread partner to work with. Try your best to follow grammatical rules such as proper punctuation, proper capitalization, etc.
• Please make sure that there is no godmodding in your posts. If you are unfamiliar with this term, it means to write another person's character's thoughts or actions without checking with the player first. When in doubt, ask your thread partner. If you believe you have been godmodded, contact a staff member.
• Role playing posts should be in third person and past tense.
• We have no formatting requirements. Templates are allowed, but not mandatory. If you need help with a template, feel free to ask.
• Activity checks occur montly and open on the first of every month. They stay open for 4 days unless stated otherwise. If a month's activity check is differs from previous ones in any way, it will be stated in the announcement for the activity check. You must fulfill the requirements of the activity check or you will be made inactive (and eventually your account will be deleted).
• Activity checks may close at any time on the announced closing day. Post in the activity check as soon as you can to save your characters - if you leave posting in the activity check for the final day, you run the risk of losing your characters.
• Posts on the absences board can only save you from an activity check in the case of an emergency. If you have ANY doubt whatsoever about being able to make a check, it is your responsibility to preemptively PM an admin to let them know.
• If you happen miss your very first activity check as a member on the board, we will save your character for you. We don't expect you to know the routine around here right off the bat. After your first activity check, however, you'll be held to the same standards as older members.
• Please do not try to take on more characters than you can handle. If you find yourself struggling to post once a month with the number of characters you have, consider dropping characters. If you feel like you're dragging a museless character along, consider dropping them. We'd prefer greater activity with fewer characters than a ton of characters with hardly any posts. Please be honest with yourself about what you can manage. Everyone's different.
• We understand that some months are busier than others. If you can't make an activity check but want to keep your character(s), talk to an admin. It all comes down to communication.
• There is absolutely no reason to miss multiple activity checks in a row without communicating with a staff member before or during the check. If you miss 3 activity checks in a row with the same character, you will not be allowed to have them back.
• If you miss an activity check and ask to have your character back, you have 3 DAYS to repost your claims. Failure to do so will result in the character being opened up for someone else to play, and you will have to reapply.
• There is no limit to the number of characters you can play. But please be honest with yourself - if you're feeling overwhelmed or notice that some of your characters aren't getting the love they deserve, consider dropping a character or two.
• In order to create a second/third/etc. character, you must have a plotter posted that includes all your current characters and at least five in character roleplay posts with your most recent character. Social media, games, ect. do not count. You must link us to these posts in your application. Additionally, you must wait one week from the day your last character was sorted.
• You may not reserve another character until your week long waiting period is completely finished. However, you do not have to have all your posts prepared. These must be done before your application can be sorted.
• If you are made completely inactive (all your characters are inactive) during an activity check, you will only be able to bring back one of your former characters.
• After remaking your one character following being made inactive during an activity check, you must have 5 new posts with your previous character to make a new character. If you lose only a few of your characters and you want to bring one of them back, you must wait one week after the closing of the AC, regardless of whether or not your time with your last character has passed.
• In some cases, you may have two characters from the same movie. It depends on how closely related they are. Please PM an admin to ask if it's possible for who you have in mind.
• If you wish to drop a character during the month (not over the time of the activity check), you may do so. In this case, please PM an administrator and we'll help you out.