∞ YEARS
N/A
imagination
loved
the admins

N/A

F. A. Q.

Q

Tell me more about the plot! How do things work here?

A

On Endless Diamond Sky, we have two different worlds. The “Animated” Realm, and the “Real” World. The Real World is, of course, San Francisco, while the Animated Realm is where the various characters can go to be in their original forms. In the Animated Realm, there is a force of evil magic manifesting as pure darkness and hate. This evil, along with its minions, are destroying everything they touch and causing complete chaos to the various lands of the Animated Realm, which is driving out the people who inhabit them. Some people choose to stay in the Animated Realm, wandering about or joining nomadic groups, while others escape through the Arch to the Real World. If they choose to stay, there is a very high probability of death or corruption by the evil itself. Many of those who do stay end up at the rebel encampment, where plenty live and thrive, fighting the evil whenever it approaches.

Those who leave for the Real World cross through the Arch when it appears and end up on a small bridge in a small San Francisco park. Early on, these people were lost and unsure of what to do. Thankfully, after years have passed, a community has been built by those who stay, now referred to as Haven Hill. This community offers everything the citizens of the Animated Realm need to survive in a world unlike their own- a small amount of money to begin with, papers to make them a legal citizen (or get them a job without going through years of college), classes on how to read/write/etc., and free apartment-style housing. Haven Hill can also connect characters to other services they may need, such as the police, mental health care, and more, to help them adjust even more. But beware, those who cross can suffer from loss of their memory of the Animated Realm if they do not cross back once in awhile!

Of course, the Real World is not safe from this evil forever, nor are those who cross entirely safe from actual humans learning about them. If accompanied by an animated character, San Francisco natives and original characters are allowed to cross the bridge and enter the Animated Realm. After their first crossing, they can then return to the Animated Realm as often as they wish. They appear in animated forms, just as animated characters become real, much like those from Enchanted!

Q

What is the darkness? What are the minions?

A

The darkness/the evil/whatever you choose to call it is an ancient evil that no one can quite place. Simply being near the darkness can turn animals evil, kill any sort of plant life, and devastate the landscape in one foul swoop. It takes what it wishes and spits out pure hatred in response. There are tales passed around claiming to have seen a figure shrouded in shadows in the distance, or heard the kind of laughter that chills you to your bones when around the dark during attacks on the Animated Realm.

The minions of this terrible evil are your worse nightmares in every way possible. Huge feral cats, giant bugs, dragons, and more. The evil may also take in creatures that live in the Animated Realm, turning a friendly rabbit into a bloodthirsty fiend in the Mysterious Forest.

Q

I want my villain to join the evil, can they?

A

Not currently. Your villain may cause all of the chaos they want, and perhaps even use the darkness to help fuel their own dirty little lies, but they can not be apart of it themselves. No one truly knows what the evil wants or what it desires, or even why it exists. Don’t play with the darkness too much, though, as it seems to be getting stronger and stronger with every passing day.

Q

Well, can my character be infected by the evil?

A

The darkness seems to be slowly seeping through into the Real World from the Animated Realm, it’s power increasing… Perhaps, one of these days, it can reach even further?

Q

Tell me more about this Arch. What does it do? How does it work?

A

The Portal moves when it feels like moving, and only stays in one place for one hour at a time. Without crossing many times, a character would not know when to cross to make it to a specific location. For example, they could discover that the Portal is in the Mysterious Forest at 5PM Real World time, so they then know at 5PM every day that they will get to the Mysterious Forest. Maybe a few friends can share times with each other, but the first few times they would really have no idea what to do. In the Animated Realm, the Portal stays in a location for one hour before moving. If your character doesn’t make it back within that hour, they will be stuck in that location for the next 23 hours, unless they can find themselves a later archway location. It is recommended that characters pack for a full day’s journey just in case! In the Real World, it is located in this forum, where it's just a small unsuspecting bridge in a small park.

The Portal, which looks like a freestanding archway in the Animated Realm, has 9 set locations (given in the animated realm forum). Therefore, there are still 15 hours that have no locations. There could certainly be many more hidden away in the Elsewhere board! Your character has the chance to explore them and discover them all!

Q

What is this group of rebels in the Animated Realm? Is there a leader? Can my character join?

A

The rebel group is located in a travelling rebel encampment in the Animated Realm. It is made up of various characters from various worlds, all with their own skillsets and weaknesses. This group fights against the evil as best they can. The group isn’t very ‘set’, so just having your character claim they are in the resistance is how they join. There is very little structure, and groups go out and fight as they see fit. Because of this lack of structure, there is no set leader, nor would it really be possible for someone to keep control of a large group of fighters all so different from one another. Some smaller groups of friends or companions may have leaders, but there is no overall leader of the group. For plotting reasons, you can ask around when you first join to learn about the other rebels and go from there. The rebel group is much like guerrilla warfare, full of little groups spread around. Some may want to travel alone, but in the Animated Realm, it is far safer to travel in numbers.

Q

Is this site a personification one? A spirits one? How close to canon do I have to be?

A

Endless Diamond Sky is a personification site. A personification site is one where the characters you play are the actual characters taken from their movies. We would prefer that you stay as close to the movie’s canon as possible because there could be others wanting to play from that movie and don’t want to deal with the crazy situations others may devise! However, you can have mess around a bit. If your character is a minor character and has little to no background given in the movie, or there is no background given for your character from before the movie, you can play around with how that would work! As long as there are no other characters from the movie, you can also decide the cutoff point and how long your character has been in San Francisco. If there are other characters from the movies, be sure to follow their cutoff point for the movie. You may, however, still play around with how long your character has been in San Francisco or doing whatever they happen to be doing, and how they got there.

This is your character, so the name and face are up to you. Of course we encourage members to stick close to a character’s appearance in a movie, but that may not always be possible (Nemo, anyone?). Use someone who makes sense to you as a personification, and describe it as best you can in your connections section of the app.

Q

I want to keep my character in the Animated Realm. Do I still have to pick out a full name and playby?

A

Yes, all characters onsite are required to have a first, middle, and last name, along with a Real World face, even if you doubt they will ever cross. Who knows, what if you may change your mind and the face you want is taken?

Q

Is there a set point in a movie where the cutoff should occur?

A

This is up to you and the others who take characters from the same movie. If others from your movie already exist, you must follow the cutoff they have given for the movie. It is best to contact the members who play these characters to make sure you understand the cutoff entirely, especially if it isn’t super clear. If you are the first from the movie, you can pick whatever point you want. This can be before the movie, during the movie, or even after the movie!

Q

If my character stays in the Real World, will they forget the Animated Realm and their previous life?

A

This is up to you! If your character crosses the Arch once in awhile, then they will retain some memories. However, if they do not visit for several months/a year/whatever length of time you choose, they will be able to forget their previous life. You can decide the time length it takes them to forget, along with how bad their memories have faded. We generally like to think that the characters should cross the Arch once a month for a 24 hour period, longer or shorter depending on the character and what sort of powers and abilities they may have, along with their personality and life!

Q

If my character forgets their identity, can the memories be brought back?

A

Yes, of course! How this happens can be entirely up to you. A kiss? Crossing the Arch? Seeing someone oddly familiar? Anything you want can pull the trigger to bring back their memories in a rush.

Q

Can my original character have crossed the Arch during apping? How does that happen?

A

In order for an original character to cross the portal for the first time, they need to be taken across by an animated character. So, in theory, you could have it so that they have crossed the Portal before, whether it takes place with an NPC or a character onsite (with permission).

Q

Can my canon character be from San Francisco originally and then cross the Arch?

A

No, we’d prefer if your character came from a world within the animated realm. This is due to the fact that the Arch only came to be 10 years ago, when much of the bad stuff started happening, and it would cause confusion, as many things from the movies do not exist in this world.

Q

If my character was only a few years old when they crossed, do I have to play them as a kid?

A

Nope! When any character under the age of 18 crosses the Arch, they automatically age up to 18. Think of it as a little bit of magic to play with!

Q

Why are there no movie locations in the Animated Realm? Are they gone?

A

The way in which the evil impacted the Animated Realm has no end. Most, if not all, of the characters homes have been completely destroyed. That’s not to say you can’t have your character manage to find home and find it destroyed, but it is an incredibly challenging task that would require a lot of travelling and effort to find. We didn’t want it to be easy for characters to get home, so we have more vague settings that you can do what you want with. If you do have a character going to find their home, you can place it where you like. Pride Rock may be in the Dusty Savanna, while a more specific location like Agrabah would fit better in elsewhere. If you will be placing your thread in a canon location, please tag it as such in the title or your template!

Q

I want to change my username! Do I have to ask an admin?

A

You can change your username yourself! Just go into your controls (the gear symbol) and then click on Change Username. You can fix your capitalization to make your name all lowercase, but if you mess up you’ll have to change your username to something else and then try again. You can change your character’s name as many times as you want, and there is no approval needed. Just try not to confuse everyone else!

Q

Why is there no way to switch characters?

A

You can link all of your accounts! You can set one account to be your primary account. Go to My Controls (the gear symbol) and then go to Edit Sub-Accounts. You enter the username and password for your other account, and then they’re linked. You can also delink accounts as well! You can stick to one account and use the dropdown menu below the post with a specific account, or you can switch accounts by using the switch account button at the top of the board. If you cannot click on it, simply press tab a few times to highlight, then press enter to get the drop down to work.

Q

Do you allow OOC accounts?

A

Here on EDS, only staff have OOC accounts. We don’t want to clutter up the forum or fake our activity with extra accounts! Just pick one character for your primary account in order to link them all.

Q

What is the avatar size?

A

The avatar size is 250x350!

Q

What are the member groups?

A

Our member groups are very simple. We have hero, heroine, lad, lass, villain, villainess, original (real world), and original (animated). You may pick which fits your character best, but make sure that you have admin approval before creating an animated original, and you need one or more characters before you can make one. The colors for the various groups are all posted above the app template.

Q

I want to play a character from an animated TV show? Can I?

A

In order to get something added to the canons list, the movie must precede the TV show. We will not add the TV shows if they came before the movie. We want to keep the focus of the site on animated movies and Disney!

Q

Why are there two Tinkerbells?

A

Because of the differences between the Tinkerbell movies and Peter Pan in both personalities and the interests of the two movies, it has been decided that they take place in two different Neverlands, much like alternate universes. None of the characters knew the others existed until the darkness came and the Neverlands became one Neverland. If you are going to app a character from one of these, please make sure keep the canons separate. Tinkerbell from the Peter Pan movie should not know the fairies, and vice versa.

Q

Can I use my original character as a canon?

A

We are not a spirits site, where you can play around with the background of your canon, our canons are the canons themselves! It would be unfair to other members to have them all played different ways. We do allow real world original characters, and if you have made a character already, you can request an animated original character as well, instead of forcing the canon and your original together.

--------------------
SEND ALL PMS TO ONE OF THESE FINE LADIES:
AMANDA | FOREST | SAM
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

static affiliates: now accepting